test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Log In

tyranaaltyranaal Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I've been unable to log in to STO since the updates on June 5th. The launcher gets all the way to displaying 'Patching' and never progresses. I've reinstalled the game and reset my Perfect World password, neither seems to have helped with the matter.
Post edited by tyranaal on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Try clearing your cookies in IE...

Also, Cryptic appearently hasn't gotten their security certificate in order, so sometimes a warning is behind the launcher.. Try alt-tabbing around a little or move the launcher around to see if the warning is hidden.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • tyranaaltyranaal Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I use Firefox instead of IE, but clearing my cookies seems to have fixed it. Thank you!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tyranaal wrote: »
    I use Firefox instead of IE, but clearing my cookies seems to have fixed it. Thank you!

The launcher uses IE, regardless of what browser you use... But it fixed your problem, and that is what is important...

Geuss FF saves cookies to same dir as IE...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • kessek76kessek76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've never played STO on this computer. I played the game when it first came out on my old pc. Today I decided to give it another go since it's free. I installed the game from my old disk as I figured it would be faster then downloading it. I also changed up my account so it fits this new (to me) PW thing. So it should be all good. But it's not. It wont let me log in to the game. It says my user name or password is invalid. I've reset the password again just now but it still wont accept me. Is there something more I need to do? Am I doing something wrong?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kessek76 wrote: »
    I've never played STO on this computer. I played the game when it first came out on my old pc. Today I decided to give it another go since it's free. I installed the game from my old disk as I figured it would be faster then downloading it. I also changed up my account so it fits this new (to me) PW thing. So it should be all good. But it's not. It wont let me log in to the game. It says my user name or password is invalid. I've reset the password again just now but it still wont accept me. Is there something more I need to do? Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure you're also using your new PWEE account name (not the forum display name, but your actual PWE account name); and make sure 'Perfect World' is selected in the 'account type' setting on the launcher.

^^^
    If you're sure you've done all the above, then (unfortunately) your only other option is to e-mail PWE support, decribe what's going on - and provide whatever proof you can that it's your account - and see what they can so for you.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • spacegatespacegate Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can login to both forum and website but i cant login to launcher really annoying.
  • jonbright1jonbright1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spacegate wrote: »
    I can login to both forum and website but i cant login to launcher really annoying.

i am having the same problem i changed my psw and that did not work either:confused:
    so if any one can help that would be awesome
  • rubykinzrubykinz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just downloaded the game and I am unable to launch the game. I keep clicking log in after typing my info and nothing happens. help?!