Install Arc
Options

TOS Veterans: Mature 30+ fleet

Comments

• Options
    tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Mature (30's, 40's and Beyond) Casual Social Fleet

Our play style is relaxed with no time obligations. We believe that all fleet members should have a say in decisions. Our ruling council members are here to answer questions and participate in conversations, not dictate commands. We want to keep our fleet bank stocked with unique items at all levels to help everyone out.

We have a TOS theme... We have a TNG theme... We have a DS9 theme...

We have a VGR theme... We have a ENT theme... We even have a TAS theme...

...because we have all found STAR TREK at different points in it's history. Our fleet embodies what STAR TREK is for all of us. Your TOS may be TNG (or DS9 or VGER or ENT!), so our mission statement above still applies! Join and add alts to our Klingon Fleet, The TOS Qan Mang! Consider both part of the same Fleet, Only bitter enemies of war! It will be GLORIOUS!

The name may be TOS Veterans, but ALL Star Trek fans ARE Welcome!

The backstory of our fleet revolves around a group of captains and ships brought from the year 2269 to fight for the Federation. We intend the fleet backstory to be a collaborative effort, so discussion, ideas, and expansions are welcome. Fleet characters should have bios that relate in some way to the backstory, and we are happy to brainstorm on how to do that collectively. The TOS theme and backstory is meant to be fun and not a burden.

We are interested in all facets of the game, and plan to run occasional fleet actions with TOS era ships whenever possible. We also have plans to use The Foundry to create TOS-era adventures, flesh out our backstory and character biographies, and play with ideas that members have contributed.

TOSFLEET.COM
  • Options
    firefox3178firefox3178 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am a new member to the fleet, but so far it has been both a fun and learning experience.

Not only do they get together for STFs, PvPs and other fleet events, but on Mondays they also meet and discuss different episodes from the various Star Trek series. It was fun just to listen to the banter. They also have a lot of insight, for example how "Assignment: Earth" was a lot like Doctor Who. Hopefully next Monday I can participate more without my family blasting Harry Potter movies at full volume!

If you are looking for a causual fleet with a level of maturity to it then join today!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic: If you think the bugs are bad, wait until you see our fixes!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    TOSFLEET.COM

We are old (+30)
    We are mature (see above and don’t go by the definition)
    We like TOS better than the rest (but we like everything Star Trek) Well some of us do :D
    We like to Roleplay (TOS/TAS/TNG/DSP/ENT)
    We are social before gameplay
    We think (some of us think) Kirk could kick Picard’s A$$!
    We are funny (at least I am)
    We are a small Fleet (hope to be medium) 175 members so far :)
    We are relaxed (no online requirement)
    We have no rules (except for point one)
    we have a cool website (TOSFLEET.com)
    We have a website with a short Fleet Application.
    We now have a Klingon Fleet (TOS Qan Mang)
    We would like you to check us out and see if we are a good fit

Watch our NEW Recruiting Video
  • Options
    speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We are old (+30)
    We are mature (see above and don't go by the definition)
    We like TOS better than the rest (but we like everything Star Trek) Well some of us do :D
    We think (some of us think) Kirk could kick Picard's A$$!
    We now have a Klingon Fleet (TOS Qan Mang)
    We are now available in Europe!

We would like you to check us out and see if we are a good fit.
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • Options
    idaxwalkeridaxwalker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am a member too, love these guys and gals! WE have fun on our pvp nights as well, and the STFs are intense and fun. Old People rule!

Captain Duroz Krahn of the U.S.S. Zombie
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    TOSFLEET.com

In the year 2408 after the Klingon and Gorn invade Cestus III a Starfleet Committee chaired by Admiral Jorel Quinn passed motion to explore other options and possibilities in order to build up the Federation with commanders and ships. "We need to promote exceptional officers quickly. We need our captains leading away teams. Starfleet needs to look at our whole command structure and do what works now, not what worked 30 years ago."

A Starfleet diplomat was sent back to the late 2260's to speak with Starfleet in order to round up several possible exceptional commander candidates and as many star ships as they could refurbish from the decommissioned roster. This section 31 operation was known as Projct Christopher after the 1960's aiforce officer that was beamed aboard the USS Enterprise.

In order to not affect the time continuum the only way to choose worthy captains out of their own time and bring them to the future is to find all those that have no future. The captains must be about to die and taken from circumstances seconds before they meet their demise. They now have to accept that they have no past but have been given a new future. These are members of the ghost fleet.

The chosen captains were given ships that were pre programmed with precise calculations in order to carry out the light-speed breakaway factor to artificially-created time warp in order to time travel back to the 2408.

Once the initial five captain were sent, Starfleet would keep their eye out for any such qualified command personnel to join the fleet and to help fight the war in the future.
    You may be that commander!

Find out More about the Fleet:
    http://tosfleet.com/

Sign up on the fleet website, look around and if you wish to be a part of the fleet, please fill out the TOS Veterans Application Form.

Ambassador KATRA
    KATRA@James_Bailey
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    This is easy! If you are over 30, have work and family cutting into your 'play time', you like Star Trek A LOT and want to hang with people that are in the same mindset. Then please click on my signature image, go to the site... read the front page message, watch the 5min recruiting video and if you still like what you see, then come on and join our fleet.

We have over 150 members (mostly) in our main TOS Veterans Fleet and we have some of our alts in the TOS Qan Mang Klingon Fleet and we are looking to keep this fleet to a medium size. So if this fleet appeals to you or if you need any more information please let me know.

No mandatory fleet uniform, rules, bosses or time requirements.
    James Bailey
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Klingons have discovered the TOS Veterans plan to try to turn the power of the war in the 25th Century. Now the TOS Qan Mang are regrouping after one full year of vengeance.

Join the TOS Qan Mang for its One Year Anniversary celebrations by joining either fleet!

- THE SWORD WILL UNITE US - IF IT'S HELD BY A TRUE KLINGON -
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    TOS Fleet DOT COM

This Fleet is over one year old! We wanted a mature relaxed fleet where our families came first and the fleet came second. We found a group of people with a lot in common and have a lot of fun.

Most of us are life members so we wanted something that will last a lifetime. Everyone has a say in the direction of the fleet and we are all equals.

The ranking system is based off of our in-game ranks. We figured if you became a Captain in-game that you deserve that same respect in the fleet.

We sometimes RP and RP in the forums where we are working on a backstory to justify older 23rd century uniforms (or whatever time our Captains are from) in the 25th century and it is helping us to craft our bios.

Please check out our blogspot to read a little bit about our backstory or check out our website and the forums. If you are interested at all please fill out our short application and read a little bit more about us and get to know the members better. If we are not a good fit then there are no hard feelings. Different strokes...

James Bailey
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Our play style is relaxed with no time obligations. We believe that all fleet members should have a say in decisions. Our ruling council members are here to answer questions and participate in conversations, not dictate commands. We want to keep our fleet bank stocked with unique items at all levels to help everyone out.

...because we have all found STAR TREK at different points in it's history. Our fleet embodies what STAR TREK is for all of us. Your TOS may be TNG (or DS9 or VGER or ENT!), so our mission statement above still applies! Join and add alts to our Klingon Fleet, The TOS Qan Mang! Consider both part of the same Fleet, Only bitter enemies of war! It will be GLORIOUS!

The backstory of our fleet revolves around a group of captains and ships brought from the year 2269 to fight for the Federation. We intend the fleet backstory to be a collaborative effort, so discussion, ideas, and expansions are welcome. Fleet characters should have bios that relate in some way to the backstory, and we are happy to brainstorm on how to do that collectively. The TOS theme and backstory is meant to be fun and not a burden.

We are interested in all facets of the game, and plan to run occasional fleet actions with TOS era ships whenever possible. We also have plans to use The Foundry to create TOS-era adventures, flesh out our backstory and character biographies, and play with ideas that members have contributed.

TOSFLEET.COM
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    TOSFLEET.com

In the year 2408 after the Klingon and Gorn invade Cestus III a Starfleet Committee chaired by Admiral Jorel Quinn passed motion to explore other options and possibilities in order to build up the Federation with commanders and ships. "We need to promote exceptional officers quickly. We need our captains leading away teams. Starfleet needs to look at our whole command structure and do what works now, not what worked 30 years ago."

A Starfleet diplomat was sent back to the late 2260's to speak with Starfleet in order to round up several possible exceptional commander candidates and as many star ships as they could refurbish from the decommissioned roster. This section 31 operation was known as Projct Christopher after the 1960's aiforce officer that was beamed aboard the USS Enterprise.

In order to not affect the time continuum the only way to choose worthy captains out of their own time and bring them to the future is to find all those that have no future. The captains must be about to die and taken from circumstances seconds before they meet their demise. They now have to accept that they have no past but have been given a new future. These are members of the ghost fleet.

The chosen captains were given ships that were pre programmed with precise calculations in order to carry out the light-speed breakaway factor to artificially-created time warp in order to time travel back to the 2408.

Once the initial five captain were sent, Starfleet would keep their eye out for any such qualified command personnel to join the fleet and to help fight the war in the future.

Sign up on the fleet website, look around and if you wish to be a part of the fleet, please fill out the TOS Veterans Application Form.

Ambassador KATRA
    KATRA@James_Bailey
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    TOSFLEET.COM

We are old (+30)
    We are mature (see above and don?t go by the definition)
    We think (some of us think) Kirk could kick Picard?s A$$!
    We now have a Klingon Fleet ([URL="httphttp://tosqmfleet.guildlaunch.com/"]TOS Qan Mang[/URL])

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Damn...

How the hell did I miss you folks...

That's the kinda Fleet I'd would have joined in a spit-instant on day one!

I'm going to have to create a new toon and apply for membership...

You think you could stand having an Old Trek Troll as a member???

The only qualifications I have are that I'm Old... (duh)...,

Was there in person (kinda-sorta, I WAS in front of the TV) on Sept. 8th, 1966...,

And I was listed in the Acknowledgements of the Star Trek Chronology Book.
    (for a TOS Trek-Time-Line Project I put together and mailed-in to Pocket Books back in the mid-70's to see if they would consider publishing it.)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    1966!!! You are toooo old then lol Just joking. We actually set this up over a year ago with all of us in our (early to mid ) 40's but thought we would be limiting ourselves if we excluded the 30 year olds lol I really find that some of us that watched the original series when it came out or were babysat by it in syndication is what gives us all a commonality. That along with us being old and our family life being first we have built up a good group of people.

Please feel free to create a alt and bring him/her/it into the Fleet. We have cookies and ponys!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1966!!! You are toooo old then lol Just joking. We actually set this up over a year ago with all of us in our (early to mid ) 40's but thought we would be limiting ourselves if we excluded the 30 year olds lol I really find that some of us that watched the original series when it came out or were babysat by it in syndication is what gives us all a commonality. That along with us being old and our family life being first we have built up a good group of people.

Please feel free to create a alt and bring him/her/it into the Fleet. We have cookies and ponys!

Thank you... :smile:

Do you mind if I saddle the cookies and put icing on the pony's? :eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I hate to be state the obvious but we would prefer it that way.

:)
  • Options
    jotofedjotofed Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ohhhh..... this fleet looks PERFECT for me. Application sent through the website, I hope you accept me!
  • Options
    robray71robray71 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Might be a little self-defeating for me here (given that I'm starting a new fleet),

but I just want everyone to know that as a former member of TOS veterans, these guys are a real class act.

I had a lot of fun playing STO with TOS veterans, and their active roster consists of a lot of fun, mature, reasonable people.

Just wanted to give a shout out to TOS veterans as well as a very well-deserved plug.

See you all in-game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thank you Sorok! We had a lot of fun with you and I hope we can join up with your new Fleet and get that CE!! We will miss having you around the Officers Roundtable as well.

A great application jotofed!! Looks like we got all of council giving you a thumbs-up and one "I'd say definitely yes!" Expect an in-game invite as well.

Hey daveyny (aka ..... daveyNY ......) I think this will get you a lot of Fleet-Cred! VVV
    daveyny wrote: »
    And I was listed in the Acknowledgements of the Star Trek Chronology Book.
    (for a TOS Trek-Time-Line Project I put together and mailed-in to Pocket Books back in the mid-70's to see if they would consider publishing it.)
    There are some really geeky people here that LOVE to talk about this stuff. It usually comes up on Monday Night when we have "Not a Book Club" where we discuss chosen ST episodes from TOS all the spin offs too. (ENT, TNG, Mr. Belvedere) we end up talking about the ST RP games and books and conferences. We usually get 15-20 people on Mumble trying to impress each other.

Mark
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    removed - different timezone
  • Options
    edited July 2012

TOSFLEET.COM
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    TOSFLEET.com

Ambassador KATRA
    KATRA@James_Bailey
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    TOSFLEET.COM

We are old (+30)
    We are mature (see above and don?t go by the definition)
    We think (some of us think) Kirk could kick Picard?s A$$!
    We now have a Klingon Fleet ([URL="httphttp://tosqmfleet.guildlaunch.com/"]TOS Qan Mang[/URL])

• Options
    edited July 2012
    This is easy! If you are over 30, have work and family cutting into your 'play time', you like Star Trek A LOT and want to hang with people that are in the same mindset. Then please click on my signature image, go to the site... read the front page message, watch the 5min recruiting video and if you still like what you see, then come on and join our fleet.

We have over 150 members (mostly) in our main TOS Veterans Fleet and we have some of our alts in the TOS Qan Mang Klingon Fleet and we are looking to keep this fleet to a medium size. So if this fleet appeals to you or if you need any more information please let me know.

No mandatory fleet uniform, rules, bosses or time requirements.
    James Bailey
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    TOS Fleet DOT COM

This Fleet is over one year old! We wanted a mature relaxed fleet where our families came first and the fleet came second. We found a group of people with a lot in common and have a lot of fun.

Most of us are life members so we wanted something that will last a lifetime. Everyone has a say in the direction of the fleet and we are all equals.

The ranking system is based off of our in-game ranks. We figured if you became a Captain in-game that you deserve that same respect in the fleet.

We sometimes RP and RP in the forums where we are working on a backstory to justify older 23rd century uniforms (or whatever time our Captains are from) in the 25th century and it is helping us to craft our bios.

Please check out our blogspot to read a little bit about our backstory or check out our website and the forums. If you are interested at all please fill out our short application and read a little bit more about us and get to know the members better. If we are not a good fit then there are no hard feelings. Different strokes...

James Bailey
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    "MATURE" is subjective... We are all in our 30's, 40's and Beyond... Some of is are still teenagers with something to prove Mid-Life style lol

We do have a good team of people/leaders and always looking for more. We try to remember that this game is about FUN and the Fleet is about sharing and giving opportunities for more fun. We also have a large group of fanfiction writers in our fleet and some of us just like being creative but need some help on the literary side.

We are social first but we do cater to all aspects of the game. We have Fleet Nights Scheduled for 9:30 EST every week night. These are not set in stone and are just set up so those that can only get on certain nights can work around the schedule. If there is more interest is a certain event on another time or evening please give us your feedback.

Monday 9:00 EST - Levelling Night/TV (not a book) Club
    Tuesday 9:00 EST - Premade team PVP practice/Anything Goes!
    Wednesday 9:00 EST - STF Night
    Thursday 9:00 EST - Fleet PvP Night
    Friday 9:00 EST - Anything Goes!
    Saturday 9:00 EST - RP/Anything Goes!
    Sunday 9:00 EST - Anything Goes!

Please check out our website to find out a little more about our fleet if you are interested bu clicking on my signature image.

Live long and prosper...
  • Options
    timewave30timewave30 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ive been a member of TOS veterans for exactly 1 month now.

So far i have been having heaps of fun.
    I find the fleets atmosphere very postive and the majority of us are very layed back . But that doesnt mean we just sit back and have tea parties. On the contrary, we make fleet groups daily and we have some very experienced players that delve themselves into the PvP content. Very very action packed!
    Elite STF's are a walk in the park with these fellows :cool:

Since im a fairly new player too STO i occasionally run into unknown situations, or have questions about certain skills or layouts. No question is too odd, and everyone is always ready too help you if possible.

If your looking for a Fleet that is mature and that tries too cover all aspects of STO gameplay and has social events, then i realy recommend TOS Veterans.
  • Options
    darthjefdarthjef Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi everyone! On top of being a mature fleet (in age, not attitude!)...

TOS Veterans is an international fleet (North American and Europe) with a number of fleet activities schedulded each weeknight: (Lots of participation on each night of the week)

SUNDAY: WEEKEND STF NIGHT!
    MONDAY: NOT A BOOK CLUB NIGHT! (Where we discuss Star trek episodes on
    our Mumble server)
    TUESDAY: LEVELING / PREMADE PVP NIGHT!
    WEDNESDAY: 2 X REWARD STF NIGHT!
    THURSDAY: FLEET PVP NIGHT!
    FRIDAY: EURO STF NIGHT & PVP
    SATURDAY: ANYTHING GOES!

And as stated above we have a Mumble server for voice chat as well...

If you are interested in joining the fun, check us out at http://tosfleet.com
  • Options
    fu11ofstarsfu11ofstars Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Our play style is relaxed with no time obligations. We believe that all fleet members should have a say in decisions. Our ruling council members are here to answer questions and participate in conversations, not dictate commands. When starbases go live, we want to ensure that everyone contributes what they can and gets the rewards they want.

We call ourselves TOS Veterans, but because we all found STAR TREK at different points in it's history, our fleet embodies what STAR TREK is for all of us. Your TOS may be TNG (or DS9 or VGER or ENT!), so our mission statement above still applies! Join and add alts to our Klingon Fleet, The TOS Qan Mang! Consider both part of the same Fleet, Only bitter enemies of war! It will be GLORIOUS!

In short, ALL Star Trek fans ARE Welcome! We've begun a Monday night Not-a-Book-Club to chat about Star Trek TV episodes and movies, so even if you're not playing the game much right now, we may have something for you.

TOSFLEET.COM
  • Options
    fu11ofstarsfu11ofstars Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We are a mature relaxed fleet where families and real lives come first and the game comes second. You won't hear any complaining if you have to be at work early tomorrow morning or need to get offline to help a spouse or change a diaper. We don't have labyrinthine rules or regulations. We're just a group of people with a lot in common and who have a lot of fun.

This Fleet is over one year old! Most of us are life members so we wanted something that will last a lifetime. Our fleet council aren't dictators. They're just members like everyone else. We believe that everyone should have a say in the direction of the fleet and we are all equals.

Once season 6 arrives, we'll be working together to build a starbase and making sure that everyone gets a chance to contribute.

Please check out our blogspot to read a little bit about our backstory or check out our website (TOSFLEET.COM) and the forums. If you are interested at all please fill out our short application and read a little bit more about us and get to know the members better. If we are not a good fit then there are no hard feelings. Different strokes...