What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Expanding Account Guard

Comments

• Options
    shadowpheonix787shadowpheonix787 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why do we keep getting forced to spend more time off of the game, and on the site instead?

I havent updated my security information in over 3 years. My e-mail is no longer one I have access to, and I dont know my random security questions from so many years ago. This new security "upgrade" just officially blocked me from the game until yahoo decides to give me my e-mail back. (which took seven months last time)

If this update must be in place, I suggest an alternate means of confirming your account. Like a call center to call in by voice or something.
    You dont need a reason to help people...
  • Options
    borg7of10borg7of10 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    adderdin wrote: »
    I hope nothing happened to the email you were supposed to send to me, it did not arrive and I am starting to get worried. Did it have an accident?

Half an hour should be enough for an automated system to send few digits right?
    Why do we keep getting forced to spend more time off of the game, and on the site instead?

I havent updated my security information in over 3 years. My e-mail is no longer one I have access to, and I dont know my random security questions from so many years ago. This new security "upgrade" just officially blocked me from the game until yahoo decides to give me my e-mail back. (which took seven months last time)

If this update must be in place, I suggest an alternate means of confirming your account. Like a call center to call in by voice or something.

Ya No Doubt but then again As I've said before and I'll say it again Cryptic Doesn't seem to Care about the people Playing their Game they Only Care About Getting Your Money and their So Called Customer Support is Outright Shameful !:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    pickob wrote: »
    what a heck is going on ?? got no mail ,try to loggin, got the accont verification/ pass one time code , hey i dident got a mail in the first plase .....

I recieved something similar. What the heck is going on? I would like to play the game that I PAID MONEY to play Cryptic/PWE!!!!!!
  • Options
    quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited July 2012
    I'm curious and worried about this. How does it filter authorised computers from non-authorised ones? MAC address?
    Because you're really not supposed to have access to that...
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Mildly annoying
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh great! Now I cant login at all, even when switching off Account Guard AND making a new password. Good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    mmentmment Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i whas playing fore i bout 2 hr ago , logg ut , get dinner .. and now ,pass the code you got by mail to weryfy what... and i dident got a mail . what a hell is going on , try to wread the support side ..... i payd fore this game to play and hawe fun .. not this BS.:(:(:(
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Oh great! Now I cant login at all, even when switching off Account Guard AND making a new password. Good job.

Pretty Much it's going on almost 3 Hrs for me to their So Called Customer Support to Bother
    Responding to My Ticket about all this Pathetic Account Verification BS and they DARE tell Us All they have Decent or Good Customer Support!? Pfft all I have to say about their Customer Support is that it's Nothing but a Total Joke!:rolleyes::mad::(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mmentmment Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    WOW , youst got a mail whith the code , and now im happy again . :D
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    borg7of10 wrote: »
    Pretty Much it's going on almost 3 Hrs for me to their So Called Customer Support to Bother
    Responding to My Ticket about all this Pathetic Account Verification BS and they DARE tell Us All they have Decent or Good Customer Support!? Pfft all I have to say about their Customer Support is that it's Nothing but a Total Joke!:rolleyes::mad::(

I put in a ticket on the 1st when I noticed I couldnt log into tribble.. just got a automatic reponse containing no useful information.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mment wrote: »

At least Somebody got a code...I'm Still Waiting for Mine,This Account Guard Was
    Simply Just a Complete Waste of an Update for Something they could have used
    this time for Updating the game to make it Better Instead they Make an Update that
    has Caused Players Nothing but Unneeded Problems!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mment wrote: »
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I put in a ticket on the 1st when I noticed I couldnt log into tribble.. just got a automatic reponse containing no useful information.

That doesn't come as much of a Surprise to me and i bet it doesn't come as any surprise to you either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    What Cryptic & PWE Really Need to do is to Take This WORTHLESS Account Guard Update Off Completely!
    Cause from All that I've Read and Seen In this Thread Regarding There So Called Amazing Account Guard
    Update they Just did it's Very Clear & Obvious To See that there So called Update was a Complete Waste Of Time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    congratulations... lets see....

peoples emails been edited. from .co.uk to .com / .co.fr etc...
    people not getting the e-mail.
    &
    wasting time on something that has caused more problems than good.... +1 stupid award.
  • Options
    sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dammit cryptic I dont remember what e-mail I used for this account... Change it back! ... better yet... get rid of it.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Q: I received a prompt to enter a code through Account Guard, but I never received an email. Help!
    A: Make sure you're checking the email address associated with your account. Also, be sure to check your spam folder. If you still don't receive an email, contact Customer Support. You may also want to add donotreply@crypticstudios.com to your emails spam whitelist or address book.

I had to Add this email Address into my Email Contacts List and i just logged in and Finally got my code
    With No help from Customer Support but No Surprise there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A simple email informing me of what to expect, when to expect it and how to verify my computer would have saved me a lot of worry.

In short: Please telegraph your actions better. A homepage posting is not enough.

This implementation was especially confusing since I logged in, without issue or verification prompt, earlier in the day.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    clawoforcoclawoforco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh quality job Cryptic (irony) have 2 fleet members cannot access the game cos the emails have gone to edited email accounts. is there going to be a remedy to this ..if so please make an announcement and not make people trawl through the forum to get answers. Let players know what to do !!!
  • Options
    starhermit01starhermit01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    borg7of10 wrote: »

I had to Add this email Address into my Email Contacts List and i just logged in and Finally got my code ...

Thanks for that, decided to add the address to my contacts before trying to log in and got the e-mail straight away. :)
  • Options
    summerianssummerians Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    : D corrupts steal accounts i not have mail for reactive my account why? is for steal players?
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    adderdin wrote: »
    Half an hour should be enough for an automated system to send few digits right?

Actually no.

If an email doesn't go through on the first try, the server sending the email should try again after about an hour.

Anything quicker on the retry is seen as abuse.

Way back in 2002 a certain email service set their retry to every minute. And promptly got blackballed because of it.
  • Options
    landfallenlandfallen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok so i tried to log in and I got hit with a window saying that a one-time code was sent to my email and I ahd to put it in in order to play... I never got this email, HELP?
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I go to log in today and I get stopped by something called "account guard". It emails me and has me send in a special code before I can login. I hate this, so I try to find a way to turn it off, when I get back to the game, it says that the administrators have emergency shut down all logins!

I sent in a support ticket already out of habit, not that it will help. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm trying to determine if this was some sort of phishing attempt or if this really came from PWE. Why are the logins shut down?

...and how do I get rid of this account guard TRIBBLE??
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You go into your email, copy the code, and paste it into the game client. ALL DONE!
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    from the link:
    Q: Can I opt out of Account Guard?top

A: Yes. When you're logged into the Billing Portal, click "Main Menu" to navigate to the main menu, then click "Manage Account Guard". From there you can Disable or Re-Enable account guard, or delete individual Saved Clients and Saved Browsers so they won't be remembered.

I still can't login...but i think they are doing maintainance.

How do i turn this account guard off? I do not have a "Billing Portal" or if I do, I have no idea how to find it. I don't appreciate them using my browser info or computer name either. When I named my computer, I didn't do it so that the info could be used to keep me from logging into STO at some later date. Why do they do this to people?

• Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You can't.............
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jam062307 wrote: »
    You can't.............

You can. contact billing and they can deactivate it for you if you dont want it.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I am at https://billing.perfectworld.com/

and I see nothing about Account Guard.
    I *did* send in a ticket, for whatever little thats worth. Thanks guys.

• Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It really isn't that inconvenient if you only use one computer to game on. (which.. why would you bother downloading and playing the game on your friend computer just for the weekend?)

Basically it just logs the current computer you are in and matches it up with a code that is sent to your email. If the codes entered are match, the computer is placed a white list for your account. The next time you log in, the sever will check the white list computers for the account, if it doesn't check, a new email is sent to your email account asking for permission to add this computer to your accounts white list.

It's actually fairly safe to use so long as you don't advertise your account name alongside your email address, and the passwords to both are different. In other words, using basic online safety, and you'll be fine.

Again.. All of the information that you will need to log in will be in your email
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.