test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 5, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online this Thursday, July 5th, at 7:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE: We have extended the maintenance ETA by 30 minutes. Thanks for your patience.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tholians causing server troubles ? :O
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When can we buy more universal Acc. Bank Slots ?

And when do you fix the trey not stays with as many tabs i want 2 on ground not everytime with mapchange 1 again.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    There was no opportunity to sneak in a small patch even? It's somehow a wasted downtime if nothing else can be done besides "stability upgrades". There surely can be done other stuff as well, such as typo corrections etc.

Anyway, still waiting for that June release of Season 6, lol. ^^
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If is not the entire Season 6 now is something really small and not-worth of note. Something like removing c-points and placing only zen, or changing the colors of your tribble or making a Gorn to look more like godzilla :D

Or something really horrible :eek: They are placing new cool KDF ships and make the whole FED players jaleous ;)
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please tell me this will fix the pulsewave animation bug... :P
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And I still can;t access the foundry.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ooo, maybe we'll get the Hamlet assignment fix :)
  • Options
    vancougervancouger Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe they don't want to push too many changes at once. Incremental improvements lead to less bugs and easier fixes. This work may be a prerequisite allowing future patches that aren't compatible with the current build. Just because we don't get content from this particular patch doesn't mean we aren't benefiting.
  • Options
    bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dang. I was hoping for season 6 release.
    I am disappoint. :(

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Grrr... Another 'Tour the Universe' missed due to maintenance.
  • Options
    kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll gladly invite whatever guy from the staff once said that UTC and GMT was the same time.. Because he FAILS..
    14:00 UTC(GMT), and if i'm +1, it means it goes off at 15:00 my time.. but no... it goes down for maintenance at 16:00.. how fail are you guys seriously?..
    Change the time to GMT.. I don't know and never will start to care about "UTC".. it's confusing and annoying..:mad::mad::mad:

Have a nice game day further.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Except that the UK is on BST, not GMT, at present.

Well it's still annoying.. alot of player expect it to go off, then they come back 2 hours later and it's still down..

(How do you change the profile pic or whatever? only getting preset options.)
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kiarasena wrote: »
    Well it's still annoying.. alot of player expect it to go off, then they come back 2 hours later and it's still down..

(How do you change the profile pic or whatever? only getting preset options.)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=289461
    edited July 2012
    is the server gonna be down for the whole two hours?
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tgreen1993 wrote: »
    is the server gonna be down for the whole two hours?

It usually is, yes.
    edited July 2012
    Since we know the server is going to be down every week for 2 hours and it is usually scheduled in advance why not give us something to read during that time.

On the Main web page where they put the dev blog and other articles, why not release a post or two during that period. Might make the wait easier.
  • Options
    dd1dfadd1dfa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    why take it down during the hours posted??? this is 10-noon east coast??? 8-10 in my zone???

I like to check my status in the am and then get to work not the best timing for "maintenance"

why not schedule this for early am???
  • Options
    veepnovaveepnova Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Finally fixing the bug that causes ships to decloak whenever a text message pops up? I've only been waiting a year and a half for that one. :|
  • Options
    wilsoncutter001wilsoncutter001 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dd1dfa wrote: »
    why take it down during the hours posted??? this is 10-noon east coast??? 8-10 in my zone???

I like to check my status in the am and then get to work not the best timing for "maintenance"

why not schedule this for early am???

Early AM where?

Kinda like a drunks excuse to start drinking at 8:00AM...... "well it's 12:00 somewhere!!". ;)
  • Options
    rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    how about adding the T1 ship to the c-store so you can reclaim it?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You need to fix your timing on maintaince. You said it would be done 9AM it wasn't, you estimate is usually at least an hour off. so please stop lying to us on when it's done. It's very annoying to fire it up seeing maintaince schedule for such and such time PDT. I look at my clock and since I'm an hour ahead of PDT it's after (am so I'm like sweet. then boom can't get on.
  • Options
    doggpatchdoggpatch Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    karmapoint wrote: »
    If is not the entire Season 6 now is something really small and not-worth of note. Something like removing c-points and placing only zen, or changing the colors of your tribble or making a Gorn to look more like godzilla :D

Or something really horrible :eek: They are placing new cool KDF ships and make the whole FED players jaleous ;)
    hahahahahahahaha...good one ...you know they are Klink Haters...(the Dev's)
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    jerlikinsjerlikins Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Or how about fixing the AI going all screwy in the fire caves? That's only been plaguing the game since... launch? Or a change character button would be nice :P
  • Options
    tgreen1993tgreen1993 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its like 4:00 pm here and im was right in the middle of an stf when it kicked me -_-
  • Options
    major0kuzmanmajor0kuzman Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Though I understand the need for such actions from the development team: locate, address and, correct such issues, it is the lack of information before hand; not knowing when those actions' take place, may or may not upset some of the subscribers of the Star Trek Online community.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, can't even log in to Tribble or Redshirt during this downtime...that really sucks.
  • Options
    tgreen1993tgreen1993 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i cant log in full stop
This discussion has been closed.