test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Account System Maintenance (June 28, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Cryptic Account system tomorrow, Thursday, June 28th, at 7:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to only last 2 hours. During this time, you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts, create or track your in-game tickets, and players will not be able to log into the game; however, players already in the game should not be affected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• ken1180ken1180 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So when are you going to release fleet bases? I thought it was going to be mid June? Guess not huh?
  • skolldrachen#2061 skolldrachen Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    are they turning the cstore into a zenstore? like on the test server or are we gonna continue to pay more money for cpoints then before?
    They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."
    Kiba - Wolf's Rain
  • kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The mid-June myth again? They pushed that back officially a long time ago. It's only been on Tribble for about a week -- I'd say it's more likely to be early to mid-July. And, my understanding is that the exchange rate from USD > CP is the same as Zen > CP and that rate has been the same always, so "... are we gonna continue to pay more..." is sort of like asking if humans are going to have to breath oxygen now... doesn't make a lot of sense.

The question about the forum name though, would LOVE to know the answer to that one! Also, when will STO fleets and characters be tied into our profiles?
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Either you guys have pulled the plug early again or someone can't tell the time, 14:00 UTC is still ten minutes away by the time I make this post
  • thedominie1thedominie1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Time should also be given in GMT.
  • th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Apparently you cant change characters during this maintenance either, because even though you are already *in* the game you have to go back to the login screen to do so. Pathetic.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i appreciate regularly maintenance
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Time should also be given in GMT.
    GMT and UTC are the same time, so 14:00 UTC is the same as 14:00 GMT
  • hank900hank900 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I got kicked off the server and when I go to log back on it says "unable to authenticate" now I cannot get on any of my accounts. GREAT! anyone else having that problem.
    http://www.1279sto.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • relizarrarasrelizarraras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They are doing maintenance to the account server.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Account maintenance...

Not a bug.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hank900 wrote: »
    I got kicked off the server and when I go to log back on it says "unable to authenticate" now I cannot get on any of my accounts. GREAT! anyone else having that problem.
    Hi Captains,

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Cryptic Account system tomorrow, Thursday, June 28th, at 7:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to only last 2 hours. During this time, you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts, create or track your in-game tickets, and players will not be able to log into the game; however, players already in the game should not be affected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=287051

Hope this helps
    ogew7.jpg
  • darkknigt88darkknigt88 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kvet wrote: »
    The mid-June myth again? They pushed that back officially a long time ago. It's only been on Tribble for about a week -- I'd say it's more likely to be early to mid-July. And, my understanding is that the exchange rate from USD > CP is the same as Zen > CP and that rate has been the same always, so "... are we gonna continue to pay more..." is sort of like asking if humans are going to have to breath oxygen now... doesn't make a lot of sense.

The question about the forum name though, would LOVE to know the answer to that one! Also, when will STO fleets and characters be tied into our profiles?

Actually the exchange rate from USD>ZEN>CP hasn't been equal in the time that I've been playing. When converting your purchased ZEN, their would be a "conversion fee" I suppose, 2000 ZEN would only amount to 1400 CP or something like that. That's close to 5USD that you're being ripped off. If they're making the exchange rate 100% equal now, well I'll be pissed for not waiting but happy to know that in the future if I do buy ZEN, it'll be at an even rate.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hank900 wrote: »

Account server's down for maintenance brah. Another ~1 hr, 20 minutes
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Actually the exchange rate from USD>ZEN>CP hasn't been equal in the time that I've been playing. When converting your purchased ZEN, their would be a "conversion fee" I suppose, 2000 ZEN would only amount to 1400 CP or something like that. That's close to 5USD that you're being ripped off. If they're making the exchange rate 100% equal now, well I'll be pissed for not waiting but happy to know that in the future if I do buy ZEN, it'll be at an even rate.

I have to disagree with you.

$62.50 = 5,000 CP This equates to $1 = 80 CP

$50 = 5,000 ZEN This equates to $1 = 100 ZEN

The conversion rate from ZEN to CP is 100 ZEN to 80 CP. Therefore it's exactly the same.

One thing I have noted is that if you pay by certain payment methods and you buy 5,000 ZEN, you get an 300 ZEN thrown in. If you do the math, that means you can get $1 for 84.8 CP.

Yes, I know that it's not an earth-shatteringly large amount, but at least you're getting something extra (NEVER complain when you get extra for free), and it beats a kick in the teeth.
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And at least it will be more clear the price. 100 ZEN = 1 Dollar . 25 dollar ship = 2500 zen.

No mistakes in that
  • gazianogaziano Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have to disagree with you.

$62.50 = 5,000 CP This equates to $1 = 80 CP

$50 = 5,000 ZEN This equates to $1 = 100 ZEN

The conversion rate from ZEN to CP is 100 ZEN to 80 CP. Therefore it's exactly the same.

One thing I have noted is that if you pay by certain payment methods and you buy 5,000 ZEN, you get an 300 ZEN thrown in. If you do the math, that means you can get $1 for 84.8 CP.

Yes, I know that it's not an earth-shatteringly large amount, but at least you're getting something extra (NEVER complain when you get extra for free), and it beats a kick in the teeth.

This is my experience as well. NOW, the only thing we need to make sure of is that the ZEN/CRYPTIC points for items in the store needs to be adjusted down when they convert fully to ZEN. Otherwise we really will have our points worth less.
  • kerayzerakkerayzerak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bejaymac wrote: »
    GMT and UTC are the same time, so 14:00 UTC is the same as 14:00 GMT

Sorry but that is kinda bs..
    If it were true, i'm on +1 time, which means the server goes offline, or maintenance is done, starting 15:00 my time, yet it starts like an hour later.. :mad:
  • ahab122ahab122 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It says "server status up"
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kerayzerak wrote: »
    If it were true, i'm on +1 time, which means the server goes offline, or maintenance is done, starting 15:00 my time, yet it starts like an hour later.. :mad:

Cause you not reading properly

During this time, you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts, create or track your in-game tickets, and players will not be able to log into the game; however, players already in the game should not be affected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

So who is in game. Is playing. Who isnt. Need to wait. Simple as that.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gaziano wrote: »
    This is my experience as well. NOW, the only thing we need to make sure of is that the ZEN/CRYPTIC points for items in the store needs to be adjusted down when they convert fully to ZEN. Otherwise we really will have our points worth less.

Up, not down. Since Zen is worth less than Cryptic points, prices will go up. Not really, but the point value will be adjusted. I'm pretty sure there is a FAQ explaining everything. :smile:
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

daylight saving. gives you plus one hour to GMT. kind of confusing, yes. but the link we get to check our times works

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
    edited June 2012

Actually I'm pretty sure GMT and UTC are supposed to be the same. Both ignore DST.

During the summer, Brittan and Ireland move ahead one hour (BST/IST respectively):

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/daylight-saving-time/
  • agentmulder2020agentmulder2020 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    UTC = GMT

It is an American based organisation so they also give PDT.

Thankfully being in Britain we benefit from that (well it is because of us GMT became universal) and so it isn't difficult to convert to BST when applicable.

UTC + An american timezone is fine, otherwise they should give the time for every timezone applicable which isnt feasible on the login box.
    Want to join the best fleet in the verse?

serenitystation.forumotion.com/f8-request-to-join-fleet
    edited June 2012
    qjunior wrote: »
    Up, not down. Since Zen is worth less than Cryptic points, prices will go up. Not really, but the point value will be adjusted. I'm pretty sure there is a FAQ explaining everything. :smile:

Dam, you saw through my ploy. I was hoping it would get through and they would adjust them down at least until they figured it out. :biggrin:
  • glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ahab122 wrote: »
    It says "server status up"

Yes both the STO Login screen and the website http://sto.perfectworld.com/ show green Server Status: UP

The STO Login screen does have a red notice box about a scheduled maintenance:
    Account Server Maintenance 6/28 7-9am PDT. Please check the forums for more information.

STO needs to update their Server Status timely and correctly, if you can't login to the server, it is inaccessible and for all practical purposes SERVERS ARE DOWN!

The login screen notice needs to have an active link to forum topic; that they should start.

Come on guys, you really can do a better job!

STO Diplomatic Mission - Keep Clients Informed: CRITICAL FAILURE! (Lost Client Faith in STO)
  • zadamazadama Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How on earth could they possibly do more to inform people? They put a post up about it on the forum, and a message in a big red box in the launcher. The server itself is still up, and people who are logged on can still play.

I think some people need to have their eyes tested, because this is rediculous.
  • goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Same one of many reason I do not count STO as my main MMO anymore. It is just backup.
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
  • teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Back up! :)

EDIT: I take it back. Managed to get into the client but no further this time.
This discussion has been closed.