Options

124»

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I wondered who would be first...
    (besides the gold spammers)

That certainly didn't take very long, what three days...

<shakes head> :rolleyes:

As BlandFlakes has said in another thread... He is putting in a good word for us here at the STO forums...

Perhaps He'll be able to get some or many of the conveniences that we previously had, installed here.

Time will tell.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    BlandFlakes

Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

I'd post the actual picture but, you know, I can't do that on these forums. :tongue:
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    @ashleyaddiction

It might think we have gotten of on the wrong foot on the greetings, but you are looking at a group of player who are loyal about STO. To help you out, I tell you our little perfect world. Pardon the pun.

Majority of us are loyal to STO more than to PWE, because they are loyal Star Trek Fans, right down to the Prime Directive. If we don't like it, we let them know. You try to mention JJ Abrams Trek here and you will find out. Some are fan fiction writers and some of it has been made into Community Aurthored or Foundry missions.

I not going to speak for all of us, but we are not really big fans of the account merging to PWE, or this 'gated' events. But we do it, under protest, and for STO. We have been thick and thin for STO and will be there to the end or have been assimulated by the Borg. What ever comes first. :biggrin:

If you like us, you better start watching one of the Star Trek tv series and movies. If you don't, better to keep the comments to yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    podsix wrote: »
    The Genius is Perfect World. Apparently, none of the forums for any of their games allow users to upload avatars.

I'm just happy that we still get signatures.

Even the Forums are cheap! :tongue:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    maina wrote: »
    lol white text over black background. lol I'd love some pink over over yellow....:tongue:

ROFL - Love your Sig!
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    BlandFlakes

LOL just simply LOL :tongue:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    So, the non-custom avatar is a standard among all PWE forums. Other games actually have avatars that are tied to leveling, achievements etc.

BUT! We're actively looking into bringing custom avatars back for the STO forums :smile: It will happen, but I don't have an ETA on when. It could be a while, or it could be next week, a couple months from now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So, the non-custom avatar is a standard among all PWE forums. Other games actually have avatars that are tied to leveling, achievements etc.

BUT! We're actively looking into bringing custom avatars back for the STO forums :smile: It will happen, but I don't have an ETA on when. It could be a while, or it could be next week, a couple months from now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Awesome! Next week everyone :tongue:
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That's vague but promising! \o/
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,
    That's good to know. What about our original join dates? That would be nice as well. I feel for you man for what you are dealing with here but it's the price you pay for being the face of a company that has shown an absolute lack of respect to the Cryptic player base in this case. Keep up the good work and I know you pass our comments on but I'll be mighty surprised if the cats running PWE learn from this "mistake". I don't think they know how to deal with us TREK fans.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I would say having avatars tied to leveling, achievements, etc. might be interesting here in STO too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ah, Branflakes. Always know that there are people who appreciate what you do. You are both a gentleman and a scholar... and hero enough that were this ST:TOS your shirt would be frequently ripped. :biggrin:
  • Options
    cworth1cworth1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    See we are Trekkies first and foremost above anything else.

PWE does not seem to realize how passionate we are to that IP nor how protective we are to it and I can honestly say that most of our loyalties lie with Star Trek and STO and not PWE or even Cryptic.

With that said all we ask is that PWE starts trying to work with us and not against us at every turn.

All we as players are seeing is a company(PWE) that so far has been no better than the Borg with "resistance is futile,you will be assimilated" way of doing things.

And even the Borg Hugh learned "resistance is not futile,they will fight back"

Why not look and see what was good about the other forums and try maybe integrating some of that into their other forums.

Work with us and you would be amazed on how far that will go with people.
  • Options
    jared1701jared1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

BUT! We're actively looking into bringing custom avatars back for the STO forums It will happen, but I don't have an ETA on when. It could be a while, or it could be next week, a couple months from now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Awesome! Glad to hear you're working on this.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    cworth1 wrote: »
    See we are Trekkies first and foremost above anything else.

PWE does not seem to realize how passionate we are to that IP nor how protective we are to it and I can honestly say that most of our loyalties lie with Star Trek and STO and not PWE or even Cryptic.

With that said all we ask is that PWE starts trying to work with us and not against us at every turn.

All we as players are seeing is a company(PWE) that so far has been no better than the Borg with "resistance is futile,you will be assimilated" way of doing things.

And even the Borg Hugh learned "resistance is not futile,they will fight back"

Why not look and see what was good about the other forums and try maybe integrating some of that into their other forums.

Work with us and you would be amazed on how far that will go with people.

PWE is BLOWING it. They could be making SOOOOOOOOOOO much money.

No they don't understand Star trek fans. Not one little bit. Star Trek fans spend millions and ,illions on their hobby. No other group of gamers will ever even compare, think about it. or if you don't believe me Google it.

Star trek fans build star trek bedroom, living room, even entire houses that look like starships! There are custom cars, airplanes, even a space shuttle was named Enterprise because of the show. There are startrek based amusement parks, museums, etc., etc. I won't even get into the conventions, TV commercials, novels, and merchandising!

Two times, we forced the networks to extend our show seasons!

No other group does ANYTHING like what we do. And we spend millions!!
    Yet PWE thinks they are in charge, and so they are blowing their shot at their share of all that money. They think we are just Asian gamers.

I was told by a PWE lackey that I should "deal with it" because without PWE, I wouldn't have a game to play...please allow me to correct that....

Without the StarTrek fans, PWE would have no GAME TO SELL.
    So they better get with it...and understand that star trek fans don't roll that way.

Their lack of understanding and respect for us is the very thing that is keeping them from our money...that's actually kinda funny.
    :smile:

EDITED because YET AGAIN I quoted the wrong post due to the placement of the edit button!

PLEASE FIX!!!
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Do those hardcore moneybags trekkies play video games though?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    terilynnsterilynns Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Do those hardcore moneybags trekkies play video games though?

We sure do! STO is the first MMO game I ever played- why? Because it was Star Trek! I dont' play WoW and only recently have I evenr tried another game (mainly so I could write about being a noob over there.)

STO will always be about friends, community and Trek to me.

PWE: I will personally fly to the Bay Area and give you all a presentation on the Trek fandom and educate you all on how powerful we as a market can be.

This year the official ST convention in Las Vegas will break attendance records - THOUSANDS of people will spend MILLIONS of dollars to travel to, attend and be vendors.

PWE needs to clearly understand this market - and how willing we CAN be to work WITH developers and publishers as long as they're respectful of the IP and the fandom that saved it from death and has kept it alive and making money for 46 years.

EDIT: BTW I paid for my LTS before the game went live. We can be pretty dang devoted. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Aww shucks, now that's the positive federationy trek moxy I wanted to see :smile:

+1 to terilynns' keynote speech. Do it Archer style and bring 'em all together!

Angry get off my lawn/bridge future parallel universe Picard style is also acceptable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mewi wrote: »
    Yeah except uh you can't choose anything else, just their avatars. No uniqueness, they want to limit your individuality as much as possible.

Well, look at the way the Chinese run their country...it was only a matter of time before they deployed it in their business models as well.

You will conform.....resistance is futile.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ryeknow wrote: »
    Well, look at the way the Chinese run their country...it was only a matter of time before they deployed it in their business models as well.

You will conform.....resistance is futile.

I think you hit the nail on the head.
    They won't be happy until we are all dressed in grey holding little red books.

All politics aside, it really doesn't make any difference.
    PWE will milk this dry, and then kick us all to the curb.

They don't care about Star Trek, or us Fans.
    They just want our money.

They have made that perfectly clear, in fact they flaunt it.

• Options
    startrekshhhilenstartrekshhhilen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We are perfect world. you will be assymilated. lower your sheilds and prepare to be boarded.
    resistance, is futile.
    ^ practially what perfect world is doing. maybe the borg exists... maybe perfect world is the borg.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I just want our avatars back.

I WANT IT ALL BACK!!

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just A Heads-up:
    The BlandFlakes thingy was a typo... ... really... ... honestly ... ... I swear! ... :cool:
    (...but it's too good to go back and change now. :tongue:)

(so we're looking at the last week of August...?... earliest... or did you make a typo also??)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Who-rayyyy for the 'Apparently-Constantly-Toasting-with-Champagne, Healthy-Crunchy-Morning-Treat' STO-Mod.

I told ya 'kissin'-His-butt & 'bribing' Him wolud help...
    (did ya get the bottle of Chateau Picard - 2267 yet?? ... oh wait... it's in the mail :tongue:)
    terilynns wrote: »
    We sure do! STO is the first MMO game I ever played- why? Because it was Star Trek! I dont' play WoW and only recently have I evenr tried another game (mainly so I could write about being a noob over there.)

STO will always be about friends, community and Trek to me.

PWE: I will personally fly to the Bay Area and give you all a presentation on the Trek fandom and educate you all on how powerful we as a market can be.

This year the official ST convention in Las Vegas will break attendance records - THOUSANDS of people will spend MILLIONS of dollars to travel to, attend and be vendors.

PWE needs to clearly understand this market - and how willing we CAN be to work WITH developers and publishers as long as they're respectful of the IP and the fandom that saved it from death and has kept it alive and making money for 46 years.

EDIT: BTW I paid for my LTS before the game went live. We can be pretty dang devoted.

This was my second MMO, SWG being the first (three years there, 1.5 pre-NGE; about 1.5 after)...

I hope this one lasts many decades longer than that one.
    (and I do also...)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We're actively looking into bringing custom avatars back for the STO forums :smile:

All I needed to hear. Thank you so much!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Just give us our FORUM back!!

• Options
    utioutio Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    PWE is BLOWING it. They could be making SOOOOOOOOOOO much money.

No they don't understand Star trek fans. Not one little bit. Star Trek fans spend millions and ,illions on their hobby. No other group of gamers will ever even compare, think about it. or if you don't believe me Google it.

Star trek fans build star trek bedroom, living room, even entire houses that look like starships! There are custom cars, airplanes, even a space shuttle was named Enterprise because of the show. There are startrek based amusement parks, museums, etc., etc. I won't even get into the conventions, TV commercials, novels, and merchandising!

Two times, we forced the networks to extend our show seasons!

No other group does ANYTHING like what we do. And we spend millions!!
    Yet PWE thinks they are in charge, and so they are blowing their shot at their share of all that money. They think we are just Asian gamers.

I was told by a PWE lackey that I should "deal with it" because without PWE, I wouldn't have a game to play...please allow me to correct that....

Without the StarTrek fans, PWE would have no GAME TO SELL.
    So they better get with it...and understand that star trek fans don't roll that way.

Their lack of understanding and respect for us is the very thing that is keeping them from our money...that's actually kinda funny.
    :smile:

EDITED because YET AGAIN I quoted the wrong post due to the placement of the edit button!

PLEASE FIX!!!

OK, I'm going to assume you are correct, and pwe is the only company out there trying to make money from customers...

How do they not understand you?
    How are they apparently scamming people out of money, yet at the same time, not making loads of money due to lack of respect?
    Do you honestly believe all trek fans can happily play one game, without all the complaining on these forums?
    What do they need to do to please all these trek fans? Gameplay wise I'm talking about. Also bare in mind budgets and license restrictions.
    Are you aware there are other fans of other IPs out there that spend just as much, if not more? Can you name the top grossing game series, film series of all time?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It's all about respect.
    I can't say it any better than that.

Games are REPEATEDLY Star-Trek based because Star trek fans SPEND MONEY.
    After this MMO is gone, another Star Trek MMO will take it's place, and like this one, it's success or failure will depend on whether or not they respect their core group of Star trek fans or not.

It's as simple as that.

They disrespected our avatars.

But that was just the start. They disrespected our history, or identities, our gameplay, our community, and 6 years or so of tweaks that we made to our forum so that it would be just right the way we want it.

If you think PWE can keep the game going, while it disrespects us in this way, you are sorely mistaken, that, or I have criminally over-estimated the self esteem of the players of this game.

• Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Brandon is a messiah as far as I am concerned. We were told it was IMPOSSIBLE. To forget about ever getting Avatars back. I HOPE that this is a sign that PWE is changing some of it's policies about this game and it's fans.

If they are, I will be behind them 100% again as I was before the hostile forum takeover. There are still things to fix, but AVATARS was the Biggie.

Thank you Branflakes. You Rock.