test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you freaking kidding us PWE/Cryptic?

13»

Comments

• speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh and

"All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:19 AM."

no it isn't can i have a time zone choice back:confused:
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2012

no it isn't can i have a time zone choice back:confused:

You can't. You are in China now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_%28company%29
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this is just sad, sto is slipping more and more into eastern mmo cash grab, customer doesnt matter cuz when he/she quits they got 10 more ready to join status
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2012
  • bludaggerbludagger Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    askray wrote: »
    As far as I can tell no one is being forced into linking at this point, they are offering a promotion for doing it. Unless you want to post on the forums then yes you have too.

However it's been said for months sooner or later you would HAVE to link your account. This shouldn't be a shocker.

You are incorrect Sir, as of this morning, IF I wanted to post on the forums I was FORCED to create a PW account, else I would not be able to post anything.

That is FORCING btw, when you dictate only one path to someone who is not willing to take the path to begin with, giving them no option. So the first part of your statement is incorrect and misleading.

While the move itself is understandable, and was mention a LONG time ago and nothing much said about it SINCE that time, there is NO WAY such a thing was a last minute decision. If it was MANAGEMENT should of stepped in and said WHOA, hold up gang, there are some things we need to cover...

1. Did we inform our clients of this change?
    2. What did this change entail and how will it effect our clients?
    3. What will our clients gain from this change?
    4. What will our clients loose from this change?
    5. What will the new forums look like?
    6. How will they function?
    7. Where can our clients go to get assistance if they have issues? Do we have a "how to" ready for them?

you know just basic common sense things. The fact that anytime these unnanounced, and yes UNANNOUCNED changes occur, you all are just amazed that your client base gets upset at you???
    You're kidding, right? Cryptic and PW wondering why the STO community gets so upset at them?

Gee i think I outlined it well...

The game is actually wonderful, its how those things are being done FOR the game and community that has most folks upset. Is this all Mr. Stahls fault? nah, He is just the Executive Producer that is in charge that has to deal with other people not thinking through all the things they need to.

Do I think its purposefully done? Nah, but it does show some serious things that could stand some improvement by the team supporting the Game and Company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shakesfistatskyshakesfistatsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    SOme people really don't have anything else in life to complain about do they?

I've had a linked account for months now and it's not an issue at all. Really people. If this is enough to elicit unmitigated nerd rage then you all need to start meditating or something...

...and I think the basic point about not being forced to link your accounts is that you don't HAVE to post on the forums. If you WANT to post then deal with it.
    I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
  • drunkenguyverdrunkenguyver Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well this is all a bit new and weird, although i don't mind the change (Much), i gotta say it did annoy me to find all my mail gone . . i was keeping some as they contained good tips and general convos i was having. :frown:

Also i'd like to be able to still upload my own avatar to give the site a bit more individualism. :cool:

it appears resistance is indeed futile. :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well this is all a bit new and weird, although i don't mind the change (Much), i gotta say it did annoy me to find all my mail gone . . i was keeping some as they contained good tips and general convos i was having. :frown:

Also i'd like to be able to still upload my own avatar to give the site a bit more individualism. :cool:

it appears resistance is indeed futile. :eek:

Captain Marsden, log in to your in-game mail. Shipboard systems were not wiped out by the recent ion storm in the Gamma Orionis theatre :)

Just replied to you, too.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • sjclark1981sjclark1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    In all honesty I'm not bothered by the changes..

I still have my old name, less some baggage. I'm happy.:biggrin:
  • drunkenguyverdrunkenguyver Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    carmenara wrote: »
    Captain Marsden, log in to your in-game mail. Shipboard systems were not wiped out by the recent ion storm in the Gamma Orionis theatre :)

Just replied to you, too.

Good Morning Admiral,

Thank you for the information, since i am on a remote station at the moment, i had no idea the subspace relays had been damaged :wink:. I will be back aboard ship later tonight and i will check my in game mail in my readyroom.

Phew :-) . . in that case i'm not annoyed at all . . lol, and i look forward to reading your reply . . . once again you've come to my rescue :-) . . i'm gonna owe you big time :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I realize that I would have had to eventually create a PWE account (though I resisted, and for my own good reasons), but surely the transition could have been smoother than this. The current forum is half finished at best, and the account linking is clumsy and incomplete. Hopefully all the kinks get ironed out soon!
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this New Forum Is Awesome Youse Guys
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • enterpriser1701enterpriser1701 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    man this really bums me out, this is my f2p testing account so yes it was signed up under perfect world login, not so bad, but my real lifetimer cryptic account is now locked out from the sto website for the fact of this.. went to use the link my sto account with perfect world account and ran into the problem of not being able to use login name to be the same as user name, fair enough, tried again changed login name, was then told it was invalid. so tried a different approach but was then told, my e-mail address had already been used and i couldnt do squat, so i figured well something had to work, so i then tried using the username i had tried but to no avail i could not log in.i then brought up forgot my username and password page, entered my e-mail address hit enter and then was confronted with this e-mail address does not exist within the perfect world website..sheesh.., finally was able to send pwe a customer support request but who knows how long that may take as i am yet to see a reply in my e-mail account.. now it wouldnt be so bad if i could laugh this off, but im wondering how many others may have been affected by similar things when trying to convert to pwe's system.. :mad:
  • jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Only good thing is

NEW SIZES AND COLORS AND FONTS.
  • jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    But heck they even built it to where the letters overlap each other and don't scale properly.
  • azeus22azeus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i hear your pain:mad:...is there any way to change back to cryptic from Perfect world. can't do anything or get C-store credit in perfect world:frown:

and does any one know whats the story with this TRIBBLE is Your account must pass the following criteria:

* At least one of your characters must be level 10 or higher.:frown:

If you feel that this message is an error, please contact Perfect World Entertainment's Billing Team through the Support System.

but yet in the end they don't reply about it to help me out. i couldn't get in my cryptic account. i was redirected to there server PWC...and i was sucker set up.. for it