test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you freaking kidding us PWE/Cryptic?

nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
Is all of this forced account merging necessary? Well have fun with all the flaming from the community....I'm grabbing me a bag of popcorn and a soda and watch this unfold.

Cheers

NxNovaCat
Post edited by nxnovacat on

Comments

• wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Let the flaming begin alright, what kind of BS is this? Thanks to some bright idea I've now lost my forum name because this IS NOT MY INGAME NAME!!!

Linking accounts? Yeah great idea for stuffing up my account. Hope you plan on figuring out a way to fix it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As far as I can tell no one is being forced into linking at this point, they are offering a promotion for doing it. Unless you want to post on the forums then yes you have too.

However it's been said for months sooner or later you would HAVE to link your account. This shouldn't be a shocker.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    askray wrote: »
    As far as I can tell no one is being forced into linking at this point, they are offering a promotion for doing it.

However it's been said for months sooner or later you would HAVE to link your account. This shouldn't be a shocker.

Didn't you have a purple name?

I myself am not too bothered about this, but the old forum layouts iIMO were alot better.

If you were the head of a multi-MMO entertainment company, I'm sure you'd do the same. Putting everything under one roof, so to say, makes for much easier customer support and management.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • arcanis161arcanis161 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't mind merging a PWE Account with my Cryptic Account, I just hate how they did it.

"Yes, let's get rid of what worked before and replace it with something worse. Let's force the players to name themselves a different name than their account name for in-game and forum use. That makes much more sense.

Oh, and while we're at it, let's make it so they can't personalize their avatars. That way, everyone can tell each other apart at a glance."

:mad:

P.S. Previous name: Traven158

Formerly Traven158
    edited June 2012
    As far as I can tell no one is being forced into linking at this point, they are offering a promotion for doing it. Unless you want to post on the forums then yes you have too.

Wrong, I was forced to link when I came to the site today, I couldn't post anything till I linked because it claims a PWE account is needed to post on forums now, wouldn't let me use my Cryptic login so yeah, people are being forced...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think iconians are behind this. They're behind everything.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What the hell?! I want my signature!

Also, why are we now stuck with this unintuitive messed up layout?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They don't want to maintain multiple, likely incompatable databases in perpetuity when one unified system will do.

Go figure...
  • admiralbeaneadmiralbeane Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't really mind the merger either, just wish we could keep our old usernames and the old layout of the
    forums, this new layout is boing

Admiral-Beane
    Admiral-Beane

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aug 2010
  • canhazlockboxplzcanhazlockboxplz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    LOL. Beyond lame.
    edited June 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    Didn't you have a purple name?

I myself am not too bothered about this, but the old forum layouts iIMO were alot better.
    Being worked on :p
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Wrong, I was forced to link when I came to the site today, I couldn't post anything till I linked because it claims a PWE account is needed to post on forums now, wouldn't let me use my Cryptic login so yeah, people are being forced...
    As I stated in the post you quoted hehe, To get on the forums yes you have to have a PWE account to post. You are not required to post though.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.

• binarylogicbinarylogic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Some warning would have been nice.

You know a post on the home page or something, insted of getting ambushed when I go to vist the forums!

Great work Cryptic!

Or should I say PWE?

:mad:
  • zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not a bad thing except I am unable to get the thing to let me buy cp or zen or wtf ever :mad:
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You know, the backgrounds are really pretty... to bad i hate everything else...
    edited June 2012
    Being worked on :p

As I stated in the post you quoted hehe, To get on the forums yes you have to have a PWE account to post. You are not required to post though.

Defeats the point of using a forum then doesn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • johnynormusjohnynormus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this makes me sadface. i am disappoint.
  • synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    What the hell?! I want my signature!

You just have to go back into the user CP and add it again. All of that information was wiped, as I am assuming they went to a new database backend alongside the upgrade/transition in forum software.

As someone who didn't need to merge, I cannot comment on that.
    But I do hope they decide to drop the forum header so that we don't have both the STO header and it taking up useless space at the top of every page. And let us add our own avatars again. :P

Other than that I don't care, as thankfully all the threads were preserved. Much appreciated on that part (I've been places where they've just wiped it all).
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
    edited June 2012
    You just have to go back into the user CP and add it again. All of that information was wiped, as I am assuming they went to a new database backend alongside the upgrade/transition in forum software.

As someone who didn't need to merge, I cannot comment on that.
    But I do hope they decide to drop the forum header so that we don't have both the STO header and it taking up useless space at the top of every page. And let us add our own avatars again. :P

Other than that I don't care, as thankfully all the threads were preserved. Much appreciated on that part (I've been places where they've just wiped it all).

I don't even have the option anymore to add a signature in CP, lost my Cryptic account status title too, yay...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • canhazlockboxplzcanhazlockboxplz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Let's see....

Lost:

a) custom avatars
    b) post count
    c) date joined
    d) any way of reading who was posting in "archived posts"
    e) any way of editing on-going/collective information posts

It says I last visited the forums in 1969 for Christ' sake

Migration fail...
    edited June 2012
    I don't even have the option anymore to add a signature in CP, lost my Cryptic account status title too, yay...

Click Edit Avatar then hit User CP

• synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

User CP --> Edit Signature (under the "Settings and Options" column)

If you somehow don't even have that your account must be broken.
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
  • aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't get why they didn't communicate with us about this change at all. Pointed out the pros and what was going to be lost in the transition. If they would have just talked to us about this change instead of doing it out of the blue without any sort of heads up, well of course many people will be angry about it.
    edited June 2012
    User CP --> Edit Signature (under the "Settings and Options" column)

If you somehow don't even have that your account must be broken.

It showed up after I changed picture, thanks. Still no account status :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    wow i can no longer buy c-points in game. im forced to open my browser? this sucks and its utter TRIBBLE. anyway i can undo this mess and get back my plain old cryptic account?
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
    edited June 2012
    broken1981 wrote: »
    wow i can no longer buy c-points in game. im forced to open my browser? this sucks and its utter TRIBBLE. anyway i can undo this mess and get back my plain old cryptic account?

The answer to that only has 2 letters...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The answer to that only has 2 letters...

well this blows hard. why cant i charge my cc stright from c-store in game? why do i need the game to open my browser?:mad: this is pwe TRIBBLE. and i cant even buy zen because i need a toon level 10 or some TRIBBLE?
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • greeneagle346agreeneagle346a Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can't really add much except my own frustration and rage at this. I think the accounts and forums should have been left alone. Oh, and the little present for linking? It's -nothing-. Make the dilithum 50k instead of 5 and the weapon something Mk XII (assured), and maybe you'd get people to do it. As it is, this is just one giant waste of my time...

Greeneagle346 (now changed, angrily, to greeneagle346a)

*goes back to other games, that don't treat their players with such dismissal*
  • cmdrskipcmdrskip Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Overall i'm not to bothered about it all, i just want my join date corrected, My old username back and my post total restored.
    Original Forum Info
    Name: Peewee28
  • obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No more custom avatars? All old account stats and posts lost?
    A header so f-ing big that it only manages to display 1 post below it at 1650x1080?
    My name somehow being already claimed? (I was oberlerchner123 before this)
    I figured they were going to force merge us eventually, but seriously the other fails weren't necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008