test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you freaking kidding us PWE/Cryptic?

Comments

• bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm going to go ahead and quote myself from a different STO forum.

"OMG, this is quite possibly one of the worst designs in both functionality, and aesthetics I've seen. I think they ordered extra Failsauce with this late night drive-through combo meal of a site redesign."
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • laytinlaytin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just hate losing everything I had. I liked that my old forum name said that I joined up in 2009, and a "Senior Member". Maybe those aren't big deals, but I liked them. I wouldn't mind if I could choose something other than the 12 generic avatars they have on here now either.

I might be able to get over all that in time, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to buy C-Points now. It seems I'm stuck with Zen now, and I have no interest in buying one virtual currency in order to buy another.

It feels like they just hit the reset button on what was a pretty great community.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Perfect World isn't.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• whyomewhyome Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PW has faild us once again this is getting to the point of madness we cannot live like this we need to revolt & flame the forums the voice of one may not be heard but the voice of hte commuity will get us what we want and we want -- free beer, food, men & woman , money & a better life oh and a PW to fix the mess they made and bring back what we loved also the captains database
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    whyome wrote: »
    PW has faild us once again this is getting to the point of madness we cannot live like this we need to revolt & flame the forums the voice of one may not be heard but the voice of hte commuity will get us what we want and we want -- free beer, food, men & woman , money & a better life oh and a PW to fix the mess they made and bring back what we loved also the captains database

I'd rather just napalm PWE's offices into flaming seathing hell or pain and suffering, but thats just me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    I'd rather just napalm PWE's offices into flaming seathing hell or pain and suffering, but thats just me

Probably go up pretty quick with all the paint fumes they seem to be huffing.
  • frellsmegfrakfrellsmegfrak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, I was forced to change my username. ...Upgrade?

And then immediately discover the lack of unique avatars. Demotion. :(
  • murmurhem187murmurhem187 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lame, adding onto an ever growing list of things that I dont like about these companies.

oh and I guess I got a new name now.
    Koopa27 -X-treme
  • sinsofanempiresinsofanempire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This just sucks so bad. PWE Y U RUIN IT FOR US???!!

President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
  • mktormktor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lol if you want to buy c store points you have to have a PW account now, and atm you cant buy them anyway cuase its bjorked says some TRIBBLE about needing a level 10 or greater.. Saved some money this week lol
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am not happy to say the least here. I can handle not having my own uploaded pic, but I did not like how we had to link our account to PWE in order to use the forum. It should have been option. At least give us a fair warning.

BTW, this is not the only forum out there that does this with the pic. Its the same over at SWTOR. We can't upload any pics for our avatars.
  • obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well hopefully they will be fixing up the forum to make it a bit better.

BTW, this is not the only forum out there that does this with the pic. Its the same over at SWTOR. We can't upload any pics for our avatars.

Doesn't make the idea less ****e.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is the biggest piece of [insert profanity of choise] to hit STO in a loooong time! Replacing a fully functioning forum with this TRIBBLE...

Bad things about new forum:
    - Can not set custom avatar
    - Can not keep old username
    - Can not access old threads
    - Can not edit old threads
    - Limited customizing for signature
    - Crappy looking screen UI
    - All old subscriptions gone
    - Does not auto-subscribe threads you create.
    - Cursor not visible in empty lines of the reply box
    - unintuitive messy layout
    - Dev tracker not working
    - join date reset
    - no in-game mail access

Good things about the new forum/webpage:
    - ???
    - Can not buy c-points
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Marge means that two things become one without any lose, am I right?

So were are my:
    - Forum Avatar
    - Forum Signature
    - Forum Name
    - Forum subscribed threads list
    - Forum previous posts
    - Original joining date?

What's more why C-Store on website don't see any of my toons or Cryptic Points?
  • ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well this is craptastic. I mean seriously? This is not convenient, but I wouldn't have minded if i was even well implemented. Seriously? This is the best PWE can come up with? I'm shocked and appauled. L2P PWE. Perfect w*nk*rs more like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
    a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
    advantage of this feature.

WTF O.o I'm playing STO from open Beta, have two VA and two Captain rank toons.
  • goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Figured this would happen. Only questing is when. It is only a matter of time before we are using a PW login system.
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
  • nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This absolutely sucks.

To start with, they've changed to the domain of the website. I personally tolerate the fact that Perfect World own Cryptic and Star Trek Online along with it; I don't need to be reminded of it on a daily basis. The fact that Perfect World has a larger place in the domain that Star Trek does is extremely telling.

I've been avoiding creating a Perfect World account because I have no desire to be affiliated with the company. They have one game I want to play, Star Trek Online. I don't care nor want to hear about their other MMOs. I've already started receiving emails about their other games which is simply unsolicited spam. The primary method I keep up to date on Star Trek Online's news is through their RSS Feed, which with this move has become completely useless. The previous feed no longer works and their new "community" feed now includes completely superfluous information about Perfect World's other MMOs.

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally love the Zen ads at the top of the page. I love being advertised to yet another way. I don't get enough info about the near weekly C-Store only releases. And what's up Zen? I mean we've gone from Cryptic Points, to Atari Points, back to Cryptic Points, and now we're at Zen? I guess it's only a matter of time till we get nothing from the Devs for 2 months while we wait for them to change all the Cryptic Point references in-game over to Zen.

This account merge has been handled completely ridiculously. There should never have needed to be a radio input for which account type to use. Just import that account data into Perfect World's databases and do the merge silently behind the scenes so none of us have to know about it. The changes that have been forced upon us are simply unacceptable.

For players that have joined since Perfect World purchased Cryptic, all of this has been a non-issue. Newer members will have no clue about the completely inferior forum that's been forced upon us, but those of us that have been a member of this community since STO launched, or even for those of us who participated in the Closed Beta like myself are loosing out on the features that we've been used to for sometime. That shows exactly what they're more concerned about, keeping new users flowing in to play a couple months, spend their money in the C-Store and disappear, than those of us who have stuck with the game through and through.

The best part is that we have no choice in these changes, no matter what we do or say, there will be no going back. It's what our evil overlords have decided for us and that's that. We just need to sit down, shut up and hand over our credit cards.

PS: Icing on the cake, the Dev Tracker is broke.
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Figured this would happen. Only questing is when. It is only a matter of time before we are using a PW login system.

Noone doubted it WOULD happen (at least almost noone), we're just surprised by how much the new system blows compared to the old one... I would have suspected that becoming part of a bigger system would mean it would be better developed and maintained, and possibly with more features, but noooo...
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Fail ship has left the dock...................awful new forum
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This absolutely sucks.

To start with, they've changed to the domain of the website. I personally tolerate the fact that Perfect World own Cryptic and Star Trek Online along with it; I don't need to be reminded of it on a daily basis. The fact that Perfect World has a larger place in the domain that Star Trek does is extremely telling.

I've been avoiding creating a Perfect World account because I have no desire to be affiliated with the company. They have one game I want to play, Star Trek Online. I don't care nor want to hear about their other MMOs. I've already started receiving emails about their other games which is simply unsolicited spam. The primary method I keep up to date on Star Trek Online's news is through their RSS Feed, which with this move has become completely useless. The previous feed no longer works and their new "community" feed now includes completely superfluous information about Perfect World's other MMOs.

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally love the Zen ads at the top of the page. I love being advertised to yet another way. I don't get enough info about the near weekly C-Store only releases. And what's up Zen? I mean we've gone from Cryptic Points, to Atari Points, back to Cryptic Points, and now we're at Zen? I guess it's only a matter of time till we get nothing from the Devs for 2 months while we wait for them to change all the Cryptic Point references in-game over to Zen.

This account merge has been handled completely ridiculously. There should never have needed to be a radio input for which account type to use. Just import that account data into Perfect World's databases and do the merge silently behind the scenes so none of us have to know about it. The changes that have been forced upon us are simply unacceptable.

For players that have joined since Perfect World purchased Cryptic, all of this has been a non-issue. Newer members will have no clue about the completely inferior forum that's been forced upon us, but those of us that have been a member of this community since STO launched, or even for those of us who participated in the Closed Beta like myself are loosing out on the features that we've been used to for sometime. That shows exactly what they're more concerned about, keeping new users flowing in to play a couple months, spend their money in the C-Store and disappear, than those of us who have stuck with the game through and through.

The best part is that we have no choice in these changes, no matter what we do or say, there will be no going back. It's what our evil overlords have decided for us and that's that. We just need to sit down, shut up and hand over our credit cards.

PS: Icing on the cake, the Dev Tracker is broke.

Signed, couldn't have said any of it better or more succinctly myself.

(Isn't it completely apropos that in this reply, I tried to quote your post by using the button at the bottom, like any other forum software written in the history of man, and completely failed?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • canhazlockboxplzcanhazlockboxplz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dassemsto wrote: »
    This is the biggest piece of [insert profanity of choise] to hit STO in a loooong time! Replacing a fully functioning forum with this TRIBBLE...

Don't be so quick to Judge. We hanve't seen Season 6 yet.

It could be riddled with things equally as bad *in-game*.

Let's all relax and see if this is just the tip of the iceburg.
  • carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Unfortunately we don't have a say to what PW can or can't do to the STO forums.

All I care is that there is a forum to discuss gameplay strategies and Star Trekky stuff still.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My avatar's gone, I can't recognize any of the forum posters anymore, I have to find that quote I used in my signature to re-input it again, and what's worse, having created a PW account when I got the game, I can't get the reward for linking, because of... oh, right, THEY WOULDN'T WARN ME I DON'T GET ANYTHING IF I MADE A PW ACCOUNT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

And worst of all, the UI is completely broken, unintuitive, and its pieces don't fit each other (the box I'm typing this in is blinding me, while the rest of the UI is pure black, talk about bad design)

Edit: And as if that wasn't bad enough, all the existing threads are broken, some of which were VERY important to me. Nice going, whoever's behind this :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    My avatar's gone, I can't recognize any of the forum posters anymore, I have to find that quote I used in my signature to re-input it again, and what's worse, having created a PW account when I got the game, I can't get the reward for linking, because of... oh, right, THEY WOULDN'T WARN ME I DON'T GET ANYTHING IF I MADE A PW ACCOUNT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

And worst of all, the UI is completely broken, unintuitive, and its pieces don't fit each other (the box I'm typing this in is blinding me, while the rest of the UI is pure black, talk about bad design)

I can see they did at least try to make it look "Star Trek" in the banner image but they forgot to put the correct LCARS button for the reply buttons. It's still stuck with Courier font.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    carmenara wrote: »
    I can see they did at least try to make it look "Star Trek" in the banner image but they forgot to put the correct LCARS button for the reply buttons. It's still stuck with Courier font.

I don't see any LCARS, do you? -.-

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited June 2012
    What gets me I guess is that it's our established reputation within the community (me since 2009) is now moot. Personally post count means little, but being able to show your contributions to the discussions within the ongoing collections of information. Who am I kidding, I miss my old avatar....

MMO = community = *everything*

We all been assimilated to noob status.
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You know... with this silent forced merge... and all the post against it... I smell the PWE Banhammer coming and eradicating a lot of... "sound" from here...
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
    edited June 2012
    Yep. Like it never happened.

(which is the new theme of sorts)
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "We are Perfect World"
    "You are assimilated"
    "Resistence is futile"

How ironic...
    Brasilis Elite Squad