Install Arc
Options

So the Fed Carrier is here...

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    bmr1580 wrote: »
    I would like to propose a standoff carrier match. 5v5, with a 12k minimum distance limit. Let's fight it out with just pets...

So long as i had a strong drink and a comfortable chair, and 3 hours to spare then i'd spectate that.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    bmr1580 wrote: »
    I would like to propose a standoff carrier match. 5v5, with a 12k minimum distance limit. Let's fight it out with just pets...
    Watch that SW-FSI video again. There is a moment when suddenly all FSI are out of sight and we wonder where our pets have gone. It turned out that our pets were fighting there own little war on the other side of the map, and most shockingly they were winning.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Starwrath wrote:
    Without suffering the carpal tunnel, I hope...:D

No carpal, just the tunnel with no end :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    A tunnel with no end...it's a perfect metaphor of the PvP state in these confusing days!:D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Starwrath wrote:
    A tunnel with no end...it's a perfect metaphor of the PvP state in these confusing days!:D

Honestly, i really don't feel like playing pvp so much with weekly changes and nerfes, what is broken, what is not. I said so many times, I'm not bothered too much with the balance itself, it's these constant changes that **** me off, sometimes something works, sometimes not.......etc.... And it's all the time the same maps and dilithium grinding, lately i started playing B-tran cluster again, just to do something else. Guys call me to do pvp and i don't feel like it, mostly playing just for the sake of it.

I can't wait for fleet bases and pvp revamp, hope things will get more interesting.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We all hope so, Fed comrade, we all hope so...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    mancom wrote:
    Watch that SW-FSI video again. There is a moment when suddenly all FSI are out of sight and we wonder where our pets have gone. It turned out that our pets were fighting there own little war on the other side of the map, and most shockingly they were winning.
    And if you had let them continue, they would have eventually developed sentience!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sentience? This is Cryptic AI, let's not get carried away here.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    wrote:
    Sentience? This is Cryptic AI, let's not get carried away here.
    I see what you did there!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ya besides... it turns out now that those where just Green Pets..... If only they had been able to spam out some Cash then for some Blues OR.... down the road still I know... but Rolled the dice a few hundred times to get the really cool new Purple ones launching soon to a lock box near you.

Really... lol sick of buying ships... now buy NPCs to go with your ships to. :)

Next Step. Gold Weapons on the Cstore.... with 4 mods and another 5% dmg over the purples. I don't think any of us should be shocked when that happens.

Phaser Beam Array MK XII [Acc]x2 [CritH] [CritD] - 250 Cstore Points.

LOL

Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XII [Acc] [CritH] [CritD]x2 - 250 Cstore Points.

LOL

Siphen Pod - Upgraded Siphen pod with Shield and Point Defense turret. - Rare Lock Box Drop

LOL

Hanger - Super Advanced Danube Fighter - Phaser Array, Chroniton Torpedos, Tractor 3, Viral Matrix 1 - Rare Lock Box Drop
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So the Federation carrier is there and everything that one expected from reading the patch notes has come true.

So what do we have?

This: 4 chroniton procs, 6 tractor beams, all at the same time
    1. Zombie Carriers with Engineering captains, EPtS3, superbuffed RSP and a shield modifier that is really high (anyone remember how cryptic nerfed the voquv's shields because it wasn't balanced?)
    2. Pets with Phasers, Chronitons and Tractor Beams; this is much worse than most of the klingon pets since phaser procs are much more powerful than disruptor procs, chronitons have incredibly powerful procs that are still not being resisted correctly by APO, multiple tractor beams are also not being resisted by APO and of course shooting down the pets means that the carrier spawns new ones that have a fresh tractor beam, thus effectively circumventing any tractor beam cooldowns
    3. FAW accuracy is still broken, which means that the only true counter to pets isn't working as it should

The only constructive feedback that I can give is: Sack whoever allowed this to get onto the live server.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    10 carrier arenas - I'm so there after work today.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    1. Zombie Carriers with Engineering captains, EPtS3, super buffed RSP and a shield modifier that is really high (anyone remember how cryptic nerfed the voquv's shields because it wasn't balanced?)
    So they are hard to kill? So are Klingon Carriers, a single Federation Ship of any kind cannot kill a decent Klingon Carrier. Use Team-Work to take them down.
    2. Pets with Phasers, Chronitons and Tractor Beams; this is much worse than most of the klingon pets since phaser procs are much more powerful than disruptor procs, chronitons have incredibly powerful procs that are still not being resisted correctly by APO, multiple tractor beams are also not being resisted by APO and of course shooting down the pets means that the carrier spawns new ones that have a fresh tractor beam, thus effectively circumventing any tractor beam cooldowns
    You know, I want to feel bad for you, but I can’t. See I think about how the Federation Players felt every single time we were TRIBBLE by Siphon Drones, of which, the second you killed them, more were spawned to once again drain you dry. I’d rather Phaser procs any day compared to what siphon drones do. Just consider yourself; lucky to have some subsystem power at all!
    3. FAW accuracy is still broken, which means that the only true counter to pets isn't working as it should
    How do you think we Federation Players felt when our only hope against Klingon Carrier Pet spam was FAW and Mines? Well, never mind because you now understand! You know, I’m so happy they made a Federation Carrier; now your faction will understand why a lot of us Federation PVP players came on here to gripe. At least, I sure hope you do!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Teleon wrote: »
    So they are hard to kill? So are Klingon Carriers, a single Federation Ship of any kind cannot kill a decent Klingon Carrier. Use Team-Work to take them down.

You know, I want to feel bad for you, but I can’t. See I think about how the Federation Players felt every single time we were TRIBBLE by Siphon Drones, of which, the second you killed them, more were spawned to once again drain you dry. I’d rather Phaser procs any day compared to what siphon drones do. Just consider yourself; lucky to have some subsystem power at all!

How do you think we Federation Players felt when our only hope against Klingon Carrier Pet spam was FAW and Mines? Well, never mind because you now understand! You know, I’m so happy they made a Federation Carrier; now your faction will understand why a lot of us Federation PVP players came on here to gripe. At least, I sure hope you do!

Consideiring that FvK is already dead, enjoy your Fed carrier vs Fed Carrier spam in the previously spam-free ( or at least 'less spam') FvF.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Akatriel wrote:
    Consideiring that FvK is already dead, enjoy your Fed carrier vs Fed Carrier spam in the previously spam-free ( or at least 'less spam') FvF.

The Only Open PVP I now do is in Kerrat, which I can leave as soon as I see Spam. :rolleyes:

The PUG PVP matches with Fed vs KDF 4 out of 5 had large amounts of spam as of last week. So yeah, spam is here to stay. I just don't feel bad for any KDF player who even thinks about crying about it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Just stamped the first silhouette of a cat litter carrier on the nose of my Varanus.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Only Open PVP I now do is in Kerrat, which I can leave as soon as I see Spam. :rolleyes:

The PUG PVP matches with Fed vs KDF 4 out of 5 had large amounts of spam as of last week. So yeah, spam is here to stay. I just don't feel bad for any KDF player who even thinks about crying about it. :rolleyes:

Right because you have to be a klink to complain about cryptic adding even more annoying spam into the game...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Akatriel wrote:
    Right because you have to be a klink to complain about cryptic adding even more annoying spam into the game...

No, not at all… I don't like it either!

I simply find it annoying that many in the KDF for weeks told the FED players to learn to play in order to deal with the spam, and now, I get to say the same. Revenge is mine, don’t ruin it for me. :D:p
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    mancom wrote:
    Holy ****. The Federation had more than 3 kills in a space arena?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    mancom wrote:
    So the Federation carrier is there and everything that one expected from reading the patch notes has come true.

So what do we have?

This: 4 chroniton procs, 6 tractor beams, all at the same time
    1. Zombie Carriers with Engineering captains, EPtS3, superbuffed RSP and a shield modifier that is really high (anyone remember how cryptic nerfed the voquv's shields because it wasn't balanced?)

The only constructive feedback that I can give is: Sack whoever allowed this to get onto the live server.

Just tested this. Completely concur. When the match started I got hit with six chroniton procs, six tractor beams and a weapons and engines shutdown from the phasers.

It's so miserably broken I don't even know where to begin. None of your skills can save you from it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Random nonsense based on the assumption that I don't know about teamwork and only play klingon.
    Could you write that answer again, but this time considering that I am mainly a federation player who knows how to play in a team?
  • Options
    edited May 2012

I simply find it annoying that many in the KDF for weeks told the FED players to learn to play in order to deal with the spam, and now, I get to say the same. Revenge is mine, don’t ruin it for me. :D:p

cant wait to find you in game and wtfomgbbq your epicfailboat.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    piwright42 wrote: »
    Just stamped the first silhouette of a cat litter carrier on the nose of my Varanus.

Atta-Boy!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mangoes wrote:
    Just tested this. Completely concur. When the match started I got hit with six chroniton procs, six tractor beams and a weapons and engines shutdown from the phasers.

It's so miserably broken I don't even know where to begin. None of your skills can save you from it.

when the match started you were right next to the enemy carrier? it had all of its pets out and shot you instantly? wow. nice job on the instant transwapr in battle mod on the carrier.

seriously tho, avoid the pets avoid the hassle. one shot own the carrier, all the pets die. good day. msg me in game if ur not a pansy and havent ragequit yet, ill show you the power of SPIKE
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Because the Klink carriers where nerfed repeatedly to bring them in line since launch.

The feds just got a carrier that is + and then some...

The real concern in my view is the new Cstore pets... have fun with your multiple tractor beaming pets.... LOL

I am a Klink player that hasn't touched my klinks for PvP in months... cause Crytpic destroyed the faction with P2W Spam TRIBBLE. They are now ruining what was left (mostly) for half decent PvP in the game FvF.... that is now also ruined.

I made a mistake coming back after my 2 month hiatus... I won't make that mistake again when I leave this time. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Husanak wrote: »
    Because the Klink carriers where nerfed repeatedly to bring them in line since launch.
    True, due to fed outcry at its OP perception the VoQ was nerfed early into being basically only good for bait in a match. For the record it was buffed latter somewhat but mainly through pet upgrades.
    I wonder if they will nerf the new carrier (after a long enough sell period of course) to make it more balanced or give back to the voQ what was taken from it early in the games development?

I made a mistake coming back after my 2 month hiatus... I won't make that mistake again when I leave this time. :)

I will personally hate to see you go, again.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, yeah. Spam sucks. Over powered pets suck. Let's just load up on this TRIBBLE and spite ourselves right out of the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    gard3ner wrote: »
    Why don't people stop moaning untill it actullay comes out and you can see what it is like. Don't knock something before it's even been tried. This is the same as when they released the oddessy pack and yet there is no real advatage over any other ships eps tac's which are still over powered and don't give sci or crusiers a chance.

K, so NOW that's it's out, does the carrier use lots of pets and create more spam? Is the conclusions we jumped to actually true?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    SteveHale wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah. Spam sucks. Over powered pets suck. Let's just load up on this TRIBBLE and spite ourselves right out of the game.

wHAT DO THE CRYPTIC NUMBERS SAY? Do enough PvP'ers exist to spite themselves out of the game?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    EmoeJoe wrote:
    cant wait to find you in game and wtfomgbbq your epicfailboat.

LOL, I won't use one of them in PVP. Are you kidding me. LMAO! No, if I use it, it will be for Role Play in PVE with some friends. Just like I do with my Vulcan D'Kyr. ;)