test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Un-)Important Announcements!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ravenstein wrote: »
    Then I guess 9/10 people have not played Kingdom Hearts.

Pfft; Mickey spends most of those games being saved by Donald and Goofy. Bugs would have had himself out of trouble in less than 10 minutes - usually at Daffy's expense. :p
    edited January 2011
    Don't forget Lola Bunny.... :D:o
    edited January 2011
    hort_wort wrote: »

Lola Bunny is the leading cause of furries in the US.

And Kingdom Hearts was okay. Would have been better with a less Final Fantasy-like hero. That is the number one reason I prefer the Tales series over the Final Fantasy series. Tales heroes are not the wimpy and outlandishly dressed emo kids the Final Fantasy ones.

Okay, the Tales heroes can wear some strange stuff, just ask Luke and Rita, but neither are crybaby emo kids.
    edited January 2011
    Dr. Zook's Plecostomus Wax: For the Grip That Rips (TM)
    edited January 2011

I further profess that the second leading cause is Krystal from Star Fox. :o

Agreed on the final fantasy characters being too emo. But since they're pretty much androgynous, it's expected they'd be confused about life. :p
    I'm playing FF6 through now. It's not too bad, it only gets emo on a character development mission, otherwise everything is just slice, chop, zap, and fanfare.

In general, I think emo is okay in entertainment once characters are established. Like My-Hime had crying every 2 minutes for the last few episodes, but the characters had been well established at that point. Meanwhile, NGE started with over the top whining and drove some people away immediately.
    edited January 2011
    Originally Posted by Ravenstein

you're both wrong it was Gadget from Rescue Rangers.
    edited January 2011

For some Looney Toons afficianados, Lola is also a symbol of everything that was wrong with Space Jam.
    edited January 2011
    Ertwin wrote: »

You make a valid point, sir...... -nods with a contemplative look-
    edited January 2011
    edited January 2011
    There's also Lisa Raccoon, although that was a Canadian show rather than an american one
    edited January 2011

And Kingdom Hearts was okay. Would have been better with a less Final Fantasy-like hero. That is the number one reason I prefer the Tales series over the Final Fantasy series. Tales heroes are not the wimpy and outlandishly dressed emo kids the Final Fantasy ones.

Okay, the Tales heroes can wear some strange stuff, just ask Luke and Rita, but neither are crybaby emo kids.

Agreed on the final fantasy characters being too emo. But since they're pretty much androgynous, it's expected they'd be confused about life. :p
    I'm playing FF6 through now. It's not too bad, it only gets emo on a character development mission, otherwise everything is just slice, chop, zap, and fanfare.

In general, I think emo is okay in entertainment once characters are established. Like My-Hime had crying every 2 minutes for the last few episodes, but the characters had been well established at that point. Meanwhile, NGE started with over the top whining and drove some people away immediately.
    Ertwin wrote: »

need more pandas D:
    edited January 2011
    oh yah i forgot why i came in here! XD

i might be movings into a new apartment all for my own super little selfs =3
    edited February 2011
    This just in: Ice is annoying in large quantities.

<-- is currently in an ominous ice storm while limbs on trees are snapping all over
    edited February 2011
    Tales heroes are not the wimpy and outlandishly dressed emo kids the Final Fantasy ones.

First of all, you have either naver played FFTA2, or are just crazy. The main character in Tactics 2 was definately NOT an Emo, in fact, he seemed rather happy that he got teleported to Invalice (Which led me to dispute his claim that he actually missed his grandmother, who seemed more like a nusiance than a grandmother, the way Luso described her). Also, in FF13, Lightning isn't even slightly Emo until about halfway through the game, Snow.... Okay, ya got me there. Sazh is more depressed because his kid got turned into a crystal than emo, Hope... This is a laugh, because his name is Hope, and he's the most Emo character of them all, and even tires to kill one of the other characters. Vanille, if she's ever emo, usually cheers up about 5 seconds later, and Fang... Is the only one who is never emo at all. You've also got Vaan and Penelo in FF11, AND FFTA2. I'm not sure how they are in 11, but in Tactics 2, Vaan just seems to get in trouble a lot, but other than that, is no more emo than Luso, who is the exact opposite of emo. Other than that, yea, the other FF characters are pretty Emo.
    edited February 2011
    I'm driving!

*crashes into tree*

Hort did it. :p
    edited February 2011
    MGDawson wrote: »
    I'm driving!

*crashes into tree*

Hort did it. :p

What, you took a correspondence course in driving?
    edited February 2011
    Today is Tuesday, it always follows Monday. Both are evil.
    edited February 2011
    This just in: Ice is annoying in large quantities.

<-- is currently in an ominous ice storm while limbs on trees are snapping all over

cry baby Dx, why, up here in canada that's a normal summer snow storm!, you should see the ones we get in winter @.@; they don't snap tree branches, they snap whole trees! =o
    edited February 2011
    cry baby Dx, why, up here in canada that's a normal summer snow storm!, you should see the ones we get in winter @.@; they don't snap tree branches, they snap whole trees! =o

Couple of trees fell near my apartment during the last snowfall.
    edited February 2011

Panda, if you had weather like this up there all the time, you wouldn't have any trees left.... :eek: :( It's the mix of rain/snow that makes it suck. There's significant ice on every branch.
    edited February 2011
    Panda, if you had weather like this up there all the time, you wouldn't have any trees left.... :eek: :( It's the mix of rain/snow that makes it suck. There's significant ice on every branch.

not my fault our trees are heartyer then your flimsy american trees!!!
    edited February 2011
    This just in! The World will end at 10 pm, film at 11
    edited February 2011
    This just in! The World will end at 10 pm, film at 11

not my fault this time I swear
    edited February 2011
    Just in case you were all wondering, Virgo's are the worst drivers.
    edited February 2011
    Just in case you were all wondering, Virgo's are the worst drivers.

The new one or the old one? :p
    edited February 2011
    *YYAaaaaaaawwwwnnnnn*
    edited February 2011
    This is a Ten Forward Newsflash!

Police today are looking for an individual who goes by the name of hort_wort who is suspected of stealing the plug to the drain for the Atlantic Ocean. Engineers from around the world have managed to dam off the other oceans that border it to prevent them from suffering the same fate.
    edited February 2011
    Archanubis wrote:

Police today are looking for an individual who goes by the name of hort_wort who is suspected of stealing the plug to the drain for the Atlantic Ocean. Engineers from around the world have managed to dam off the other oceans that border it to prevent them from suffering the same fate.

i knew leaving those fruitloops there was a smart idea :D -plays aimlessly with plug-
    edited February 2011
    As the Atlantic has drained it was found, that there are three large holes in teh Thames in London, one was dated to the late 1800's, the other two from within the last decade. Hydrologists are speculating that this is where the Atlantic is draining to.
    edited February 2011
    Archanubis wrote:

I wanted to see the swirly from my observation satellites.... :D

Apparently the clouds are going down the drain too. :confused: