test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Un-)Important Announcements!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So I found a random pair of twin characters in the game doing synchronized dancing on Qo'nos this morning. That make 3 cool random things I've seen on Qo'nos and 0 on ESD. I'm starting to think the klink players are more fun. :p
    edited February 2011
    hort_wort wrote: »
    So I found a random pair of twin characters in the game doing synchronized dancing on Qo'nos this morning. That make 3 cool random things I've seen on Qo'nos and 0 on ESD. I'm starting to think the klink players are more fun. :p

Klinks also wear lobsters on their heads.
    edited February 2011
    Ravenstein wrote: »

So another cool thing about Klingons?:p
    edited February 2011

Do you have a problem with lobster hats? :eek:
    Empress, you really shouldn't be so opinionated about these things... the klinks feel different enough that they're worth playing. They sucked at launch, but they even have missions now. :p

edit: and yes, I chose the kitty to vex you -- be vexed! Mwahahah!!
    edited February 2011
    My podcast backlog is steadily approaching 200. I used to be on top of this stuff, but now... gah. Too much good stuff I don't wanna delete, but will I ever listen to them all?
    edited February 2011
    Hi! I am me. :D
    edited February 2011
    My d&d party is officially screwed. We entered the throne room containing the big bad of the dungeon, there's an enemy Ogre right behind us, as well as a dragon rapidly tracking us down. Next session involves us rolling initiative to fight the big bad. Meaning the Ogre and the Dragon will likely enter the fray while we're still fighting the big bad.
    edited February 2011
    Use Ogre for cover against the big bad (retreat behind him) so you are not being flanked. Take down the Ogre first. Have the wizard keep a watch out for the dragon from the rear. When the dragon approaches, withdraw behind the big bad. Try to lure the dragon and big bad into fighting each other.

Try a charm person the big bad so he helps with the dragon or ogre.

Tell the ogre the big bad is hiding treats in his cape, but the big bad won't give the ogre all the treats unless the ogre takes them from him. Once the big bad is decaped, he will be easy to dispatch.

Afterwards, throw the big bad's corpse out the tallest window you can find.

That's what I would do.
    edited February 2011
    The year is 1399. The city is Dijon, capital of the Duchy of Burgundy, the richest Duchy of France. The current Duke, Philippe II (the Bold), rules the traditional Duchy of Burgundy, located in the central eastern France, but also the rich regions of Cambray and Picardy in the north. Through his strategic marriage to his wife, the Countess of Flanders, he has also acquired control over the rich Flemish lands around Antwerp and Brugge. In short, he is raking in the dough.

One day while rolling around in his big pile of money, the Duke is visited by an all knowing prophetess of doom, Ravenstein.

"Get out of the money pile and listen you barely evolved monkey," Ravenstein ordered.

"But...my money pile..." Philippe protested.

Ravenstein slapped him. "Look, I'm taking control of this country. I am going to take over the world through you and your descendants. Got that?"

"...what do I get out of this?" Philippe asked.

"You will kinda rule the world as a figurehead for me," Ravenstein said, "And you'll get a bigger pile of money to roll around in and the process will involve you and your descendants banging lots of women."

"Hmmmm, I guess that's okay..." Philippe said. And with that, his free will was lost and Ravenstein took over.

Ravenstein's powers extended to being able to effortlessly issue orders to Burgundian ships and fleets, command merchants and craftsmen to do what she wanted, and she also possessed the ability to know what was coming because she was from the future!

Unfortunately Philippe was a doddering old idiot and died within a few days of Ravenstein usurping his free will. His son, John was a total idiot and didn't listen to Ravenstein so she offed him and instead a Regency Council was formed until John's son Philippe became old enough to take the throne.

Would you like to know more?
    edited February 2011
    Use Ogre for cover against the big bad (retreat behind him) so you are not being flanked. Take down the Ogre first. Have the wizard keep a watch out for the dragon from the rear. When the dragon approaches, withdraw behind the big bad. Try to lure the dragon and big bad into fighting each other.

Try a charm person the big bad so he helps with the dragon or ogre.

Tell the ogre the big bad is hiding treats in his cape, but the big bad won't give the ogre all the treats unless the ogre takes them from him. Once the big bad is decaped, he will be easy to dispatch.

Afterwards, throw the big bad's corpse out the tallest window you can find.

That's what I would do.

Did I mention The big bad wants a special sceptre, and we just watched him instakill the Ogre's boss after we gave him fake sceptre to give to the king? (Aparantly a sparkley pink mace isn't good enough)

I'm gonna go with the tried and tested method of "stab the bbeg with my spear until he dies" tactic. I'll also keep my mouth shut when the dragon enters the room, as one of my party members is going to try and reason with it. That bit of diplomacy will likely fail if my character reveals he wants some dragonhide armour.....
    edited February 2011
    This just in... Vote yes article 92733m to leagalize midget tossing. Midgets like to fly too and we are assisting in the evolution of non powered human flight after all.
    edited February 2011
    I'm on a horse.
    edited February 2011
    He's dead, Jim.
    edited February 2011
    THIS IS MONDAY!!!!!!i
    edited February 2011
    THIS IS MONDAY!!!!!!i

EVERYBODY PANIC!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    -runs around flailing and then latches onto the nearest person and attempts to claw up them in a flailing panic, scredding their pants, some of their leg, the back of their shirt, and giving them a hair cut before positioning self on top of head and defending position like a wild rabid badge protecting it's young (only cuter )-

RAWR!!
    edited February 2011
    Attention - all personnel : I'm riding this horse backwards.
    edited February 2011
    Here Sir is you Water Closet Brush..
    The Empressesss.. New Duty Roster has Appeard o nthe Company
    message Board and you are top of that list..

its now pretty unexciting to atempt a sexy jutsu to clean "their" room out..

That is all carry on
    edited February 2011
    Ertwin wrote: »
    My d&d party is officially screwed. We entered the throne room containing the big bad of the dungeon, there's an enemy Ogre right behind us, as well as a dragon rapidly tracking us down. Next session involves us rolling initiative to fight the big bad. Meaning the Ogre and the Dragon will likely enter the fray while we're still fighting the big bad.

My character always carried a bottle of dragons' favorite yummy sauce in his backpack for such an emergency. Just squirt some on whoever you want dead and the dragon takes care of them. :p

Can you trick big bad somehow into holding a mouth-watering quantity of bacon?
    edited February 2011
    I think I smell another forum game thread cooking.
    edited February 2011
    hort_wort wrote: »
    My character always carried a bottle of dragons' favorite yummy sauce in his backpack for such an emergency. Just squirt some on whoever you want dead and the dragon takes care of them. :p

Can you trick big bad somehow into holding a mouth-watering quantity of bacon?

YYYYOOOOUUUU!!!!!!
    -drags to panda thread-
    edited February 2011
    This is an unimportant announcement from your Ten Forward News Team.
    edited February 2011
    Archanubis wrote:
    This is an unimportant announcement from your Ten Forward News Team.
    .....Inchikovian President Al Asad has announced his immediate threat that if America wasn't going to give him his lunch money back, he'd tell the UN on them.
    edited February 2011
    Also - the experimental Reman shield reward from this week's daily - do they make your ship look better?
    edited February 2011
    BoredZero wrote: »
    Also - the experimental Reman shield reward from this week's daily - do they make your ship look better?

I dunno - does it?
    edited February 2011
    <---- This Ava is not a Zentradi! I repeat, not a Zentradi. That is all, Carry on!
    edited February 2011
    This just in, Giant blue people are highly interested in human 'kissing'. Especially if blonds are involved.
    edited February 2011
    Yack - Deculture!
    edited February 2011
    This just in: Dull Surprise has become the national expression of the country of Leepat.
    edited February 2011
    If you like cured fruit, Philippine Dried Mangoes are the way to go.

Not that you need another reason to visit Chinatown. Or CostCo.

p.s. Amazon sells higher volume bags for cheap :eek:
    edited February 2011
    That wasn't your lunch, that was a science expirament