test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keybinds For Dummies

1111213141517»

Comments

• ragman1976ragman1976 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there a command which deactivate or minimize the BOFF masseage window at the beginning, during a STF?
    Those messages are realy annoying...
  • bds007bds007 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ragman1976 wrote: »
    Is there a command which deactivate or minimize the BOFF masseage window at the beginning, during a STF?
    Those messages are realy annoying...

ContactDialogEnd
    edited January 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Is anyone else find that their power key binds no longer work?

/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_0
    /bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_1
    /bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_2
    /bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_3"

I don't recall exactly when, but they were changed to:

/bind <key> "StatsPreset_Load Preset_1"
    /bind <key> "StatsPreset_Load Preset_2"
    /bind <key> "StatsPreset_Load Preset_3"
    /bind <key> "StatsPreset_Load Preset_4"
    edited January 2014
    noybman wrote: »

I'd love to see the list (if one exists) of what calls we can use to do commands on in the bind files.

Thanks!

There are many possible keybind commands. However a lot of them are not documented and are found by trial and error. You can view a list of commands by typing this at the command prompt (i.e. chat window)

/cmdlist

Which will output this

But use the command to view new additions after major releases.
  • siskofan1991siskofan1991 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello, I uninstalled STO a while back, and when I decided to return, it was after PWE had released Arc, meaning i had to download Arc in order to play STO. This means I no longer have an STO file in the Games folder on my PC (meaning C/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic/STO doesn't exist anymore) so when I saved my bindfile named "spacebar.txt" I can't find it, and running a search turned up no results. Does anyone know how I can find he file or find an alternative way to apply the spacebar keybind?
    Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
    Captain Marida Harper, Co-Director 5th Armored Division; CO USS Infinity
    Captain Gurrat Reen, member MACO 7th Fleet, CO USS Milwaukee
    Commander Korn, General, House MeQ'pu'yay 7th KAG
    edited March 2014
    I haven't been brave enough to download ARC, so I can't fully test a solution. However, while you had a character before, and possibly keybinds, does the character that you have now actually have modifications to the keybind? If not, I don't believe a file will be created even if you use bind save file.

Just make a small change and see if that helps.
    edited March 2014
    bds007 wrote: »
    I haven't been brave enough to download ARC, so I can't fully test a solution. However, while you had a character before, and possibly keybinds, does the character that you have now actually have modifications to the keybind? If not, I don't believe a file will be created even if you use bind save file.

Just make a small change and see if that helps.

I already have custom keybinds for a lot of stuff. It's like only the special keybind was lost and anything I changed in STO itself stayed.

Edit: I was able to find the keybind saved to one of my toons and transfered it via Save/Load UI but I'd still like to figure out how to save the bind file in case I accidentally delete it from all my toons.
    Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
    edited March 2014
    I was able to find the keybind saved to one of my toons and transfered it via Save/Load UI but I'd still like to figure out how to save the bind file in case I accidentally delete it from all my toons.

The UI file, while used for other components, also is a keybind file. As you have seen. That being said, are you using the command line:

/bind_save_file spacebar.txt

It is strange that you are not creating that file.

You can also just create a file with your command in a text file, but leave off the '/bind'

For example:

f interactWindow

I apologize if this is too elementary. Again, I have not used ARC, so I don't know if it effects the game at all.
    edited April 2014
    bds007 wrote: »
    The UI file, while used for other components, also is a keybind file. As you have seen. That being said, are you using the command line:

It is strange that you are not creating that file.

You can also just create a file with your command in a text file, but leave off the '/bind'

For example:

f interactWindow

I apologize if this is too elementary. Again, I have not used ARC, so I don't know if it effects the game at all.

That's fine. I appreciate the help, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that last part.
    edited April 2014
    Throughout most of this thread, the majority of players utilize a bind file as opposed to entering each bind at the game's command prompt. It is the same type of file as if you did a

but allows you to group the binds in a more logical fashion and add comments. You can then load those binds using:

/bind_load_file spacebar.txt

Or you can make a key bind that does the loading for you. I use it constantly because my binds keep disappearing.
  • megamike0082megamike0082 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My word..... For dummies? I think not dear friend.

Good work for those who are not of the dumb persuasion tho...
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hmmm, even after reading all this its still a bit hard to understand lol

anyway, I want to do a bind which with 2 taps of a key (ie. Mouse Button 4) it activates TS2 and then fires a Torp.

and another one which does the same, but with TS3 instead. (Mouse Button 5)

edit:Managed to figure it out lol (saw one of the line in..post #3 i think) only thing is, it tends to fire the torp and then activate the power on the 2nd press instead of the other way around :"(

my bind

/bind C "+TrayExecByTray 0 3 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps" for TS3

/bind Shift+C "+TrayExecByTray 0 2 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps" for TS2

even reversing the binds (so its torp first then $$ tray) didnt work as i wanted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • lostyuslostyus Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi

I'm having trouble doing a key bind with '=' in the chatbox.

I've put it in properly and it worked for my girlfriend (though she used '-') though for some reason it won't work for me. I have my game set up with 'shooter' controls and have also keybinded the RPG set as well (because then i can still click around the screen etc) so maybe that is causing a problem, though like i said, it worked for my girlfriend (though shes using a totally different keyset than me). When i try to put it into chat, it gives me this message

bind" takes 2 argument(s).

bind <string> <string>

I don't know why I'm getting this message and my girlfriend isn't :/ If possible could someone tell me what to type into the chatbox to fix this.

Also, could someone tell me what I would need to type into the chatbox to get rid of 'both mouse buttons (L and R) make you walk forward' as this really plays havoc when you're in shooter mode trying to aim and fire (ie cause it makes you walk forward, and also means you can't stay crouched)

I'd prefer to sort these out using only the chatbox as that seems the simplest way of the two, and after all, it's only 2 settings I need to change :)
    edited August 2014
    It is the "=" sign that is causing it. The command interpreter can't parse it, and I don't know the escape character to make it accept that character. However, it does accept "=" if you put it in a bind file.

Regarding the left/right mouse click moving forward, you can either unbind "Mousechord", which would give it no action, or give it something more useful to you, such as crouch.

So,

/unbind Mousechord

/bind Mousechord +crouch
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for taking the time to help and provide me with the info/key binds :)

I've gotten used to where my walk button is now, so I'm unsure whether to put that to use.

Though you have left me with a bit of a dilemma, whether to use '/unbind Mousechord ' or to use '/bind Mousechord +crouch' (which is a very good idea BTW and I can't see a downside to it)

:)
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lostyus wrote: »
    I'm having trouble doing a key bind with '='

Some of the keys for binds are written instead of just using the key. My bindfile uses "equals" instead of "=":
    equals <bind>
  • britsurfer2014britsurfer2014 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello, I just got myself a crosair K95 keyboard and I would like to use some the programmable keys in game.

For example, if i currently use space bar keyblind, how do i get it to work on the G programmable keys.

Can anyone assist me?

Many Thanks
    ==Join the United Federation of Planets==
    Britsurfer.png
    ==Read about the UFPlanets Armada==
  • matok1971matok1971 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello All.

Ok first let me say that I am really glad I found this thread. GREAT WORK to the author. :D

That being said, I have a question. I am not sure if it is possible to do this, but I wonder if it is possible to make all the Mouse Clicking into a keybind.

What I mean is this -- when giving DOFFS to the Fleet, as it stand now I must click each an every DOFF I want to give to Fleet Project. This can take a long time to do when you have a lot to add.

Thanks in advance.
    Membership Details

Free to play - March 2013
    Monthly Subscription - July 2013
    Lifetime Member - Oct 2014
    edited September 2014
    Hello, I just got myself a crosair K95 keyboard and I would like to use some the programmable keys in game.

For example, if i currently use space bar keyblind, how do i get it to work on the G programmable keys.

Can anyone assist me?

Many Thanks

While I don't have a K95, it should have come with some software that allows you to map existing keys to the G keys.
    matok1971 wrote: »
    Hello All.

Ok first let me say that I am really glad I found this thread. GREAT WORK to the author. :D

That being said, I have a question. I am not sure if it is possible to do this, but I wonder if it is possible to make all the Mouse Clicking into a keybind.

What I mean is this -- when giving DOFFS to the Fleet, as it stand now I must click each an every DOFF I want to give to Fleet Project. This can take a long time to do when you have a lot to add.

Thanks in advance.

I feel your pain, really I do. I just put in over 1000 doffs this past Monday. Manually. There might be a way, and I have seen commands that mention incrementing selections, but I have yet to figure it out. Sorry.
    edited December 2014
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Some of the keys for binds are written instead of just using the key. My bindfile uses "equals" instead of "=":
    equals <bind>

Thanks for posting this info :)

Long story short, I recently returned to the game and needed to change the keyboard set up, loaded up this thread and seen that I had forgotten to thank you, so erm... thank you :D
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lostyus wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this info :)

Long story short, I recently returned to the game and needed to change the keyboard set up, loaded up this thread and seen that I had forgotten to thank you, so erm... thank you :D

I'm glad it helped.
    :)