What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone have any Story-Arc ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the kind feedback others have great ideas, this is what i have said all along to friends in STO, don't worry about endgame content when UGC hits we will all take care of one another. Look at Bridge Commander and Elite Force- two community trek games that years after release continue to be modded and provide content for fellow Trekkies/trekkers.

As for the Borg cult idea- The more i had thought about it, it actually makes sense to me "some" fanatics would see their "message" as divine and their actions as messiah-like. Think about what the Borg do, from the perspective of someone seeking spiritual answers, religion and spirituality may have been downplayed (exception the Bajorans) But to deny its relevance and power in human or other life would be short sighted. I was reading one of Alan Moore's many graphic novels "Promethea" about a female super hero who was a female version of the greek god Prometheus, if you know Alan Moore's work (watchmen,Kingdom come), you know he tries to establish deep spirituaal and philosophical thinking challenges into every story, i think he was an atheist i can;t recall, but he wanted people to think- for example the role super heroes would play in the world (in Kingdom Come he had the Justice League compare them selves to "new gods" looking down from the watchtower parrelel to how zeus and the Olympian gods looked down on the people-and whether they had a right to take this role) anyways the part that struck me was how every cultrure and probably applies to humanoid alien life, has one commonality- they procreate through male to female reproductive means, and use the metaphor of a "mother" figure in many shapes and forms. The Borg may have "ascended" to assimilate as a way of reproducing their "new master race",but they are comprised of millions of beings who share this "mother" instinct and this could be some trace of what a collective mindset would make form into a representitive of authority to keep the many voices in harmony.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ... Or like with Dr Manhattan

I love Alan Moore, I've actually been thinking a lot about your Borg idea. It also gives a double meaning to her introduction scene to Data

"I am the One who is many" - Legion

"the Alpha and the Omega" - Book of Job I think

She does seem a very very religious character, a matriarch if you will. I just wish we could of seen more of the Borg storyline in ENT, in season 5 Alice Krige was going to be the female Alien who became the Queen thus showing the events of first contact were a predestination paradox... But I won't go into those till 47 lol

I wonder what direction Manny Coto was going to go with her....
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ooiue wrote: »
    has anyone thought of ideas that involve your own characters?

eg.

I have a Fed and Klingon character

a Fed mission could involve the Klingon guy I created, and vise versa

ive already exapnded upon that and made up storylines xD

Upon reading this... Yes!

Your ship recieves a detects a federation warp signature near the Fludic Space rift. You investigate knowing there isn't supposed to be a vessel in the region. Admiralty declared the region a "No fly zone" until they can further investigate possible Iconian activity.

Upon entering a nearby star system you are hailed by the othership, badly damaged, the lower decks ripped open. Scans indicate a crew of only one officer....

... Your first Officer!!!!

And on from there
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking about putting together A.C.T. Advanced Concept Training.

The idea being you enter a system beam down to a planet and begin some advanced training.
    Should be something like 6 classes (Obviously open to discussion and suggestions) to help people learn more about the game, to try new things. Having no idea how the Forge works I have no clue how tough it will be make i;t but here the list anyways:

Class 1: Runabout Run Around
    Advanced pilot training using a runabout, using some kind of space course they have to fly through rings while avoiding things and/or blowing things up, timed if it possible.

Class 2: Martial Arts/Bat'leth Training-
    Some kind of mission that requires you to run through the various combos, and then face off against a holo Opponent etc.

Class 3: Advanced Diplomacy-
    Some version of the memory game through chat windows.

Class 4: Tribble Breading-
    Pretty self Explanatory but find a combination to breed up a basic non-healing tribble
    May touch on more advanced topic if we can find some (Tribble Decoration?)

Class 5: Advanced Marksmanship
    A room with many target randomly rotating through exploit debuff, with a couple target that should not be killed.

Class 6 Field First aid-
    Working on things related to healing in combat, rezing BO and party members while under fire, using Hypo etc.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking about putting together A.C.T. Advanced Concept Training.

The idea being you enter a system beam down to a planet and begin some advanced training.
    Should be something like 6 classes (Obviously open to discussion and suggestions) to help people learn more about the game, to try new things. Having no idea how the Forge works I have no clue how tough it will be make i;t but here the list anyways:

Class 1: Runabout Run Around
    Advanced pilot training using a runabout, using some kind of space course they have to fly through rings while avoiding things and/or blowing things up, timed if it possible.

Class 2: Martial Arts/Bat'leth Training-
    Some kind of mission that requires you to run through the various combos, and then face off against a holo Opponent etc.

Class 3: Advanced Diplomacy-
    Some version of the memory game through chat windows.

Class 4: Tribble Breading-
    Pretty self Explanatory but find a combination to breed up a basic non-healing tribble
    May touch on more advanced topic if we can find some (Tribble Decoration?)

Class 5: Advanced Marksmanship
    A room with many target randomly rotating through exploit debuff, with a couple target that should not be killed.

Class 6 Field First aid-
    Working on things related to healing in combat, rezing BO and party members while under fire, using Hypo etc.

I like it. Training sims work- but to make it actually a "training exercise" , maybe a HOLO instructor who gives suggestions on things like proper "expose/exploit" of ground weapons etc, offering suggestions so players get a feel for not just frighting practice, but "why" certain styles of fighting work etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't want anyone to steal my actual Idea, but, I hated the ending of DS9 and the finisher for VOY wasn't the best, so I decided that I was going to make a playable alternate ending of both, in one mission
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've been working on a shipwreck idea, but I need to see if a Captain can start a mission with an away team, but be separated from them... and his equipment. I have a workaround if not.

But anyway, the main idea is that the ship is needed to make a show of force in support of an ambassador and some nearby negotiations, but the Captain and science officer take a shuttle to investigate a new kind of storm.

The player ends up shipwrecked on a semi-primitive world, and caught in the middle of a local conflict. It's made up of 4 acts per episode (about 6 episodes so far), but it's going to be a continuing story. I'll be labeling them so the player can see which order they go in - Unless they come up with some way for us to deliver episodes to players who've previously completed something in the chain.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I call dibs on a fleet invasion of the klingon empire that gets interupted by the borg!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I had an Story Arc idea revolving around a Terran Empire Galaxy-X causing havoc to the federation and True Way.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Tuskin wrote:
    I had an Story Arc idea revolving around a Terran Empire Galaxy-X causing havoc to the federation and True Way.

all of you doing a terran story should we have a Emperor or Empress leading the Terrans ? :P

just so i can get the "Long live the Emperor/Empress Long live the Empire" rants your encounter :P
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have the basic "Wesley Dies" kind of mission but don't worry, he will die in glorious battle instead of just killing him off (I kinda liked him lol)

(Be prepared to find a mission called the Repulse Incident)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    chooch99 wrote: »
    I like it. Training sims work- but to make it actually a "training exercise" , maybe a HOLO instructor who gives suggestions on things like proper "expose/exploit" of ground weapons etc, offering suggestions so players get a feel for not just frighting practice, but "why" certain styles of fighting work etc.
    Yeah i was defiantly thinking holographic instructors, but not sure if that will be possible with Forge. But clearly set of concepts that is gonna take a fair pile of work. So I look forward to the Open Beta so i can start seeing what gonna be involved, and seek help as needed.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I plan on writing and building a multipart series of missions in a here to unknown section of deep space bordering the current KDF empire.
    The first mission will consist of a storyline that hopefully will allow the player to explore the history of how the ancient klingons (during thier Pre-industrial age) were conquered and then fought off the H'urq attack and some say possibly gained thier first step into warp drive technology and into deep space.

The first mission will consist (hopefully) of introduction into the mission, tracking down the needed H'urq historical info and figuring out if it is the key to the mystery of how the H'urq were repelled by the early Klingons and driven from Qo'Nos by a race only just getting into system wide space travel.
    The Hur'q were a race of aliens who invaded Qo'noS approximately a thousand years ago. When they were forced out, they took with them many Klingon treasures, including the Sword of Kahless.

In the aftermath of the invasion, the hero Ch'gran oversaw the construction of a fleet of seven starships using captured Hur'q facilities and technology.

The word "Hur'q" later became the word for "outsider" in Klingonese. (DS9: episode "The Sword of Kahless", TLE novel The Art of the Impossible)

Gothmara used Hur'q DNA to create a personal army, which she used to overthrow Martok in 2376.. The Hurq had huge heads, black eyes, long grey tounges and narrow lips. They had wide shoulders, bearing two arms with three fingers and two thumbs each. They average Hurq stood a full meter taller than most Klingons. (The Left Hand of Destiny)

It was later discovered that the H'urq were an ancient race of insectoid scavengers, whose insectile physiology was based that of army ants and the armor of the samurai, that plundered much of the galaxy before the majority of their race were trapped in another dimension. With most of their fleet lost, the H'urq would eventually vanish but they did leave elite units of Kam'Jathae warriors in stasis, to awaken at a time to bring the H'urq civilization back to glory. They were defeated by the crew of the USS Typhon. (TNG game: Invasion)

And what happened so long ago that helped the Klingon race defeat the H'urq and what about that time is linked to the present war with the federation.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've been busy on two story arcs based on a continuation of the TNG episode "Parallels" kinda breaking off from the run of the mill Mirror Universe takes. Involves a bit of time travel too. I'll be keeping one slot though for my Alien's home world for people to visit and play monthly missions in. Use it to introduce the culture, polotics, religion and history of the planet
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've been busy on two story arcs based on a continuation of the TNG episode "Parallels" kinda breaking off from the run of the mill Mirror Universe takes. Involves a bit of time travel too. I'll be keeping one slot though for my Alien's home world for people to visit and play monthly missions in. Use it to introduce the culture, polotics, religion and history of the planet

The Terran Alliance ? :O Terran Empire says surrender :P
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Paul be nice.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    cptnroger wrote:
    Paul be nice.

fine... i'll blow up vulcan.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    We wil never kneel to the empire again. We are free of the leashes you dogs choke on daily ;)

Our future is the Federation
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    We wil never kneel to the empire again. We are free of the leashes you dogs choke on daily ;)

Our future is the Federation

I think were going to need to have to get together to do a Terran Alliance vs Terran Empire story :O

(depending on how many mission slots we're allowed)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    on a serious note ..... B flat

The mission I will make in tribble...for testing and learning purposes will be the Klingon tutorial
    no borg

It will start in the wreckage of a klingon listening station
    ....it got attacked by <file in the blank> have not decided
    you need to use a security panel to override a door lock
    you sneak up on some of the invaders in a cargo area, and are told that you can use the fuel drums
    ..if you shoot them, to take out some of the raiders
    then you help beat off some of the raiders serching for hostages

they tell you that there is a shuttle you can take to get into orbit, to join the current battle
    in space

you land in the hanger of a BOP to find a few klingons trying to beat down the boarding parties.

you fight your way to the bridge to find the captain dead.

<if it was a real tutorial, you would get your first BO after stopping the hostage takers>

you take command of the ship and you can figure out the rest
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think were going to need to have to get together to do a Terran Alliance vs Terran Empire story :O

(depending on how many mission slots we're allowed)

I have an idea I want to run by you with my Peace Keeper Federation reality
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have an idea I want to run by you with my Peace Keeper Federation reality

your missions you can do whatever you want :P but sure :P leats hear what sneaky ideas youve got :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This is a draft #1 of how i began writing the first UGC mission and how i organized the script.

"Groundhog Day" by George Kane aka GK

Synopsis- 1.) "Groundhog Day"- When you are sent to The U.S.S Pandora ,a nebula class test ship, to oversee the testing of an upgraded

chroniton torpedo, The Pandora's captain, a female vulcan, informs you she will be taking extended leave due to an unforeseen

pregnancy. When the Chroniton weapon is finally tested in a remote secret location, a strange flash occurs..suddenly you find the

Vulcan captain repeating her announcement of her pregnancy and realising this day just got very deja vu...

Pre credit opener-

You have been sent by Starfleet command to oversee the testing of an upgraded chroniton torpedo. You have been beamed to the U.s.s.

Pandora, a Nebula class starship, commanded by Captain Saleya, a female vulcan.

Scene 1- Pandora transporter pad. Player is greeted by the Pandora's First officer, Commander Kurk, a Klingon Fed.

Kurk: Welcome to the Pandora. Captain Saleya awaits you on the bridge. quarters have been assigned to you during your stay. If
    you require further assistance, just ask. On a personal note- I heard of your victories against the Breen in the Defari sector.
    And of the officers that have been allowed to seek asylum and join federation starships. With respect, i do not trust the Breen
    My people have a history of war with them, i find how "easily" they have managed to slip officers aboard our starships..concerning.

Player response choice 1- "your concern is noted commander-but i have taken one of these renegade Breen officers aboard my own

ship- so far his performance and assistance has been invaluable. I think like the Klingons, not all Breen share the same views, perhaps

a lesson to consider?

choice 2- I know right? between you and me, i don't trust them. That's why that old saying "keep your enemies closer" applies. Perhaps

that is why Captain Saleya chose you as her first officer?

answer/responce choice 1-

Kurk: Perhaps. I hope for the Federations sake, our trust is not betrayed. Captain Saleya awaits you.

choice 2-

Kurk: What? How dare you insult my people this way! Prepare to Die!

A security Officer suddenly stuns Kurk who drops to the ground unconcious.

Security offier: "Apologies sir. Commander Kurk is..very tempermental. We are at war, with his own people, he does not like killing

Klingons, though he knows it is an honorable way for them to die. He is, ironically, Captain Saleya's mate. She has come far in being a

calming influence on him, they are quite the odd couple. A Klingon and a Vulcan. Please, go see Captain Saleya and i hope you will not

find a need to report Kurk, but if you feel you must, i certainly understand and will validate your claims.

Scene sequay- 1 or 2 random conversations on route to the bridge-

random crewmates talking-1-

crewman 1- " Did you hear what happened when Admiral George Kane led the Pakled volunteer armada to battle the Borg in Gamma

Orionis?"
    crewman 2- " Yeah i heard..Commander Four of Ten came in with Taskforce Omega behind them, she described Admiral Kane's move as

being called "Pakled Ramming speed Alpha"..i'm not sure how many Pakled ships survived."

convo 2

crewman: Did you hear about that "Borg worshipping cult"?
    crewman 2: "Yeah..the leader is supposed to be a Liberated Borg,trying to get back to the collective"

BRIDGE

Captain Saleya, a Breen Officer, her security chief.

Captain: It is an honor. I have followed your service records for quite some time. The Pandora is on route to Wolf 359, we will be testing

the mark 13 Chroniton torpedo on some debris. It should take no more than ten minutes, we are currently recharging our transwarp drive

and will be underway soon. Do you have any questions?

1.- Your with child it appears?
    A- " You are correct. My mate, Commander Kurk, and i, are expecting the child within 2 months. After this test, i will be taking maternity

leave on vulcan.

2. Kurk has a temper. He almost attacked me until your security chief stunned him.
    A- Yes, I was informed. I apologise profusely for this. If you wish to file a report, it would be logical. I can only say on his behalf, He has
    been under enormous stress lately. Between expecting a child, and the strange communications signals he is investigating.

3. What strange comm signals?
    A- about a month ago, he detected ssub space signals being transmitted from our deflector dish in a most curious fashion. He suspects

someone aboard is sending covert information to the enemy. But we cannot isolate the source or its destination,its extremely efficient

and covert.

4. I see you have a breen officer aboard the Pandora.
    A- Yes..Commander Xanxix has been very helpful. Kurk is suspicious of the Breen who we in the federation have granted asylum, but my

betazoid officers cannot sense duplicity from him, and he has sshown no reason so far not to take his word that he is here to serve.

5. (green) What can i do to help until we arrive?
    A- Perhaps you could speak with my chief engineer, he is working on the final readiness for the new weapon systems.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Any chance of a storyline w/ the Dinosaur aliens from Voyager? It was one of the few parts of the show I actually liked. I mean, how did they escape the planet if they weren't sentient at the time? If they were sentient, how come they haven't showed up in the fossil record?

Did a band of time travelers (the players) have something to do with it? How will the organization in charge of Time Travel react?

Another idea w/ the dino ppl. Could they have had a change of heart and embraced the fact they came from Earth? Will they attempt to make contact w/ the UFP or go on the offensive to reclaim thier "homeland"?

I didn't qualify for the editor, so if anyone wants me to help them write up scripts n' stuff, don't be shy to pm me. XS

I would also like to run into the genetically altered humans and thier former "subject" races from the "Red King" book in Titan. What happend to thier station? Are they in the Solar System? Who's running the station now? Were they allowed in the UFP? Could one of them studying evolution come fleeing to the UFP asking for asylum, w/ some hostile ships in tow? Etc...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have been writing multi scifi tv show for 18 years that I have never released so I have too many ideas.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Needs of the Few

Act 1:
    The ship is called on a diplomatic mission to Vulcan to oversee the opening of a new Embassy. When there a terrorist cell the Vulcan's call the "Far Eastern Movement", destroy the foundations in place. Your asked to investigate and get to the bottom of it.

The FEM are a group of Vulcan's who occupy the old Eastern Peninsula where the old Rihannsu catacombs and temples are located. You discover that before the Time Of Reckoning, the Vulcan's who later became the first Romulans used to inhabit these places and the FEM have abandoned the Vulcan way of life to follow the old way. These Vulcan's are emotional but not unstable. Despite the High Council repeatedly telling you they are a threat to civilians and Preachers of Hate, the FEM are just normal Vulcan's but with a different belief system. The High Council block their peaceful request to be allowed to Preach and tell their tale as the old religion is wrong and "Induces Hate in the masses"

Act 2: Taila
    The leader of the FEM, Taila, has asked you to escort her the Earth to the Vulcan Embassy there to have a meeting with the Ambassadors of Starfleet and Vulcan. Before departure the Vulcan's order you to return her so she can be arrested, they send two of their ships to attack you. You must disable them and leave before they can destroy you.

Upon arrival to Earth Admiral Quinn and his security team arrest you and take you to the brig for questioning after you watch the Vulcan Embassy take Taila away to be incarcerated for life. Quinn explains to you that during a time of War against the Klingons, Romulans and on going threats from the Borg and Undine, it is unwise to turn their backs on the oldest and closest friend Starfleet has and that if you continue to look into the matter Starfleet maybe forced to court martial you and strip you of rank and title

Act 3: One Little Ship
    During a patrol against a Klingon task force, your hailed by the FEM who ask for your assistance in freeing Taila. The Vulcan government now have the power to arrest civilians suspected of being FEM believers, after stopping the Klingons you warp to Vulcan and beam down the catacombs to speak with Dakar, Taila's mate. He has codes to disable the transport blockers around the Impound, but to get there you will have to go through a Vulcan armada in just your ship after Quinn's contacts you to inform you, that you are now a rouge agent.

You free Taila and escort her back to the catacombs. Your ship hails you telling you they are under attack from a massive fleet and must flee the area, you opt to stay and help the FEM. Your ships beams down what supplies it can in time as you prepare for the Vulcan's to enter the catacombs.

Act 4: Holding the line
    In the final act, you, Taila, Dakar and the others followers must hold the catacombs from the Vulcan forces so you can hail Admiral Quinn and tell him what the Vulcan's are doing. Due to the beliefs of the Vulcan's and how illogical they deem the Rihannsu religion they are breaking the Prime Directive and trying to quell the FEM once and for all. Quinn tells you he is speaking with the Vulcan Embassy but you must wait for him to deal with them. In the mean time your only objective… Hold the Line, until you cannot hold anymore

Upon succeeding, A Vulcan sub-commander talks with you and concludes that in some cases perhaps the Needs of the Few, sometimes outweigh the Needs of the Many. It will take time for Vulcan to adjust but that in the long run perhaps this is better
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i have several planned for the Terran Empire/Undine (Fed & Klink)

Basically the Feds will get part 1 of the story... if you want to see it from another point of View... you'll have to row a klingon character

Level:(51)
    Location Pelia Sector

Fed Mission: 1

Basically ... a Npc will tell you to patrol a system in Undine space (pelia sector) you'll arrive at a class M planet with a population thats at war with the Undine. They'll greet you with open arms then reveal they've captured a Undine (who will be one of your Recuring Characters) naturally you beam down to witness this for yourself. at this point a Klingon/Terran Empire task force will arrive demanding the Undine Pilot. After battling some Klingons you'll arrive at the cell with the Undine in... at which point Terran Empire forces will beam out with the Undine. Your beam up.. and begin to Chase the lead Terran ship only to witness it pass into a Quantom singularity.

Klink Mission: 1

You'll arrive in the same system set just as the Federation taskforce has beamed to the surface. Ironically as you arrive a Terran task force decloaks. the Captain of the lead ship (Main Terran recurring character) You'll have a brief conversation and decide to destroy the Federation Task force together... Once thats done.. your beam down and do battle with Starfleet while the Terrans.. do.. somthing else... your get to a certain location to have a message from one of your ships saying "Sir, the Terran Ships have opened fire, they've boarded our Carrier.. request........" {beam up time] Your beam back to your ship to find your task force destroyed (with the exception of the carrier) and a Undine ship aducting crewmen from the carrier. after a round with some Terran ships your begin a chase for the Undine ship only to find it enter a Quantom singularity.

Mission 2 breif

Fed: You'll enter fluidic space in search of the Terran ship from the previous story.

Klink: You'll head into fluidic space to rescue your aducted crew.

Mission 3 brief

Fed: posing as a Terran Officer your witness the birth of a Alliance between the Undine and Terran Empire.
    Klink: Acting as a slave to your Terran Masters (:P) your witness the Undine execute Federation Personel.. plus serve drinks.

Episode 4<unknown atm>

Episode 5 <unknown atm>

I like the idea of this, the fact you can even get an Undine officer (my character becomes friends with an Undine infiltrator in his past) is just awesome and would love to see it rolling.

EDIT:

And to the "The Needs of the Few" story I like that too, a lot of people seem to have forgotten about the Vulcans so this would be a fun story to try.

EDIT 2:

And finally "Groundhog Day" seems like another fun story to play, these three in particular I'm keen to play ASAP.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I will be turning the origin stories of all my toons into missions. Each toon will have their own mission. They link together and tell an even larger story of the current state of the federation. For my first mission, I will be doing a cat and mouse mission involving the borg. it will involve guerilla warfare tactics, hidden bases, sabotage and espionage, using nebulas for cover, and an epic rescue mission through borg infested space, all in a far away corner of the galaxy.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    soriedem wrote: »
    I will be turning the origin stories of all my toons into missions. Each toon will have their own mission. They link together and tell an even larger story of the current state of the federation. For my first mission, I will be doing a cat and mouse mission involving the borg. it will involve guerilla warfare tactics, hidden bases, sabotage and espionage, using nebulas for cover, and an epic rescue mission through borg infested space, all in a far away corner of the galaxy.
    This isn't Star Wars.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I like the idea of this, the fact you can even get an Undine officer (my character becomes friends with an Undine infiltrator in his past) is just awesome and would love to see it rolling.

EDIT:

And to the "The Needs of the Few" story I like that too, a lot of people seem to have forgotten about the Vulcans so this would be a fun story to try.

EDIT 2:

And finally "Groundhog Day" seems like another fun story to play, these three in particular I'm keen to play ASAP.

there have been a few changes since I made that post. :O
This discussion has been closed.