124»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    OK my official UGC work list.

Federation 3 part series

Part 1
    Ash and Roses
    A simple recovery mission turns complicated in Romulan space.
    Who is killing who out here ? and more importantly who or what
    is sending that distress signal ?

Part 2
    Smoke and Mirrors
    Where are all the Mirror Federation ships coming from and who
    is responcable ?

Part 3
    Eulogy
    All the players are in place, no more sneaking around it is time for action.
    Some will live, some will die, but who are the friends you can count on ?

This will take a while, so wish me luck.

Meow
    edited December 2010
    I have two outlines I'm saving for when Foundry hits live servers.

My most fleshed out one has an insane level of research. I think I figured out how to load this thing to the brim with easter eggs without bogging the main story down. The really experimental part of this for me is that I broke the story as a five act story. The acts do NOT match the map transitions (so there are more than five map transitions). But the story has five acts, just like the shows.

The core premise is this:

You discover that a private space expedition sought to escape earth at the height of 21st century war and unrest. Cryogenically frozen, these irradiated survivors are awakened by a very unscrupulous Ferengi. Now, they're dying and you're forced to take extreme action to keep them alive, while also discovering what the Ferengi's insidious business plan involves and trying to convince these survivors that the future they've arrived in is worth embracing.

The story is called, "Yesterday is Forever". (A nod to both "City on the Edge of Forever" and "Tomorrow is Yesterday".)

I think I managed to organically work in material from all five series... and yet, you'll never hear the words "Enterprise" or the names of any of the core characters from past series. True Trek lore nerds may wind up with a crazy whiteboard covered in names and arrows as they figure out how everything relates to past storylines and episodes. And it should give you a good headache doing this.

But the standard arc is straightforward. If you miss them, you hopefully get a decent little action story. If you catch them all, you'll wind up in an institution screaming, "It's all connected!"
    edited December 2010
    And no. None of them are augments. I figured that would be easy. I mean, yeah, there are a lot of core beats from Trek mythology I'd love to hit but even with my more outlandish episodes down the road, I don't want to give them that "overload of awesome" that fanfic tends to fall into.

This is a fairly straightforward story. The depth comes in how people can casually reference other aspects of Trek lore and do it in an in-universe way. There are no references to Picard in this story but, for example, under my new system, IF I referenced Picard, it would probably be something like:

"Paris. 2342. I'll never forget that obnoxious junior officer who was dating the scientist. They turned up at that cafe every day. Bald guy. Big nose. Liked to stand up and make speeches about Starfleet's mission and the sanctity of life. Jerk. Spilled his tea on me once with his grandstanding. I loved that cafe but that guy just took the place over and turned it into his own private lecture hall that whole summer."

What you probably won't see:

"I was reviewing records from the Enterprise in my spare time. Ambassador Jean-Luc Picard's service record indicates that he was both assimilated by the Borg and cloned. Further evaluation reveals that an energy vortex once produced a version of him from six hours in the future. There are, as you can see, many ways that a duplicate of a person can come into being aside from a transporter accident or an Undine or Changeling shapeshifter. Because the base commander is acting strangely, we should consider all of these as possibilities to account for this behavior."
    edited December 2010
    Okay..i got part 1 of my first mission originally titled "Groundhog day" Now "starcrossed" published i already caught 2 things i need to adjust, the mission giver,a caitian mentions meeting the Pandora at ds9 then someone else says to go to vulcan. Vulcan is correct. Will be publishing "steps" of this lengthy mission to test. There's one other minor goof to, fly up to the Pandora talking to it just gives a default dialogue, then you can fly via runabout to the ship to next scene.

Apparently it was easier finding it by " chooch99" then title which is altered. The biggest triumph for my test at this point was mastering the flow of npc conversation flows- this test has no combat(there is PLENTY later) but i wanted to give a test sneak peek of the story itself. I ended up using an in story excuse why you have to fly by runabout to dock with the Pandora, because of one simple reason- i cannot for the life of me, find a transporter pad on the interior maps to set as the spawn! ROFL. i have had limited time to do this since it launched on tribble so forgive me.

EDIT-re-published fixed the listed goofs--is it just me or are there no bridge sets yet?
    edited December 2010
    Ok, updated 4th version of part 1 of "Starcrossed" the flow of npc convo is running smoother,
    "almost" every random crewman is wearing all good thing's uniforms, every single npc and i mean ALL have a name, as i master the text stuff the flow of the mission will move faster to update to finally deliver a (hopefully) quality mission story wise with interesting npc's. Someone noted there is one part "some" players won't like but others will see what i did- whoever you bring away team wise, the senior ranking Tac will pick a fight with the Npc Klingon xo of Pandora. Some players won't find the personality fits with whatever race (vulcan) potentially but i am trying to make more "interesting" interaction for the away teams than simple static texts. One friend said it fit his tac's personality to a tee but i am certain for others, it will feel off. I will figure out a neutral ground way to allow boff's some personality and spotlight without injuring the immersion for the boff's race/personality.

Workaround- heard bridges are in next patch- Twp npc texts will explain what's up w the bridge and i also try to explain the "Alll good thing's" uniforms in a in cheek but sensible way.

CURRENT fixes in latest publish- 1.- Prompt to launch runabout to dock on Pandora -was not immediate easy to figure out you needed to fly closer- i increased the radius of the encounter to 3000 solved. should auto prompt when you enter vulcan system immediately. 2. Grammar errors-(not counting these here in post lol) Fixed- spell checked. Current version (4) ends when you finish first talk with Captain Saleya in her auxilary bridge,
    edited December 2010
    In the 25th century...

The Alpha Quadrant is in turmoil as the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Imperial Alliance angage in battle as much with each other as they do with the many threats aganst them. As dark as these day have become, a darker shadow and a deeper threat looms on the galactic horizon. For a race of beings known as the Cantori who have spent the last twenty thousand years conquering their own home galaxy have set their sites on the Milky Way. Even now, an invasion fleet is en route in the void between galaxies. But advanced operatives have already arrived and are making their preparations to draw first blood in a war that their kind considers to be their sacred duty.

What can the Federation and the Klingon Empire do to contend with "The Forerunners?"

Find out in my forthcoming series of Foundry missions:
    STAR TREK
    SHADOWS OF THREATS
    Who are the Cantori?
    A humanoid race originating from a distant galaxy, the Cantori are a species of conquerors. Not honorable warriors like the klingons, or shrewd conspirators like the Romulans, the Cantori believe that the entire universe was created to be subserviant to them and that it is the destiny of all sentient life to surender to their sovereignty or be destroyed. Their society is male-dominant with the females vying for the attention of the most successful males with the most territory. As a species they are extremely prolific, with the males engaging in polygamous relationships and the women typically giving birth to at least two children at a time.

In their distant past there were multiple cultures on Cantor Prime, but the last great war among the cantori people resulted in the genocide of all but one, which defined the way of life of the entire planet. As population reached critical mass, they carried their war for total control to the stars ultimately destroying all resistance and seizing control over all territory in their galaxy.

A Cantori warrior's way of challenging someone to combat is to simply walk up and attack with the intent to kill. Once engaged in combat, the Cantori fight to the death... theirs or their opponent's. The only diplomacy they engage in is a simple warning:

We are the Cantori. By the Divine Decree you are inferior. Pledge your service to us and live for as long as you remain useful or die now.

The only species the Federation has encountered that approaches the relentlessness of the Cantori are the Borg. But even the Borg are conservative enough in their methodology to leave primative civilizations alone. The Cantori will see any planet not under their dominion as a target and will engage in efforts to conquer them.
    edited December 2010
    I take it that none of the missions for this Forerunners series is on the Foundry yet?
    edited December 2010
    My official UGC work list:
    - Darkness ( The Borg has arrived in the Kessik system).
    edited December 2010
    I take it that none of the missions for this Forerunners series is on the Foundry yet?

Not yet... It is only announced. Monday, I'll work on it before I have to leave for work. I hope to publish by tuesday evening
    edited December 2010
    Okay update- my entire First mission is complete and tested, much longer than last publish, it ends in a cliffhanger i decided to break this up into0 episodes, cryptic only gives us so much map "budget"it's called i had to delete 3 maps, so they will be used in the action heavy episode 2. Consider this a story setup heavy episode. "Starcrossed episode 1 Time shift " is the title now.
    edited December 2010
    Well, I had an idea of a set of missions (not necessarily connected) where a mirror double of the player kept trying to hunt the player down (for pride, glory, etc.) However, I read somewhere that someone else had a similar idea, so... before I loose another idea to someone else, I'll post this idea now :P

Have you ever taken intelligence tests? Well, Q's son has survival / I.Q. test for us. After all, we're still on trial as to whether we're a worthy species. He would test our combat skills in one mission, and give us a maze of puzzles in the next. However, every wrong answer in this test could be deadly.

How well you do will determine the type of trophy and/or prize you receive.

What do you think?
    edited December 2010
    bariman wrote: »
    Well, I had an idea of a set of missions (not necessarily connected) where a mirror double of the player kept trying to hunt the player down (for pride, glory, etc.) However, I read somewhere that someone else had a similar idea, so... before I loose another idea to someone else, I'll post this idea now :P

Have you ever taken intelligence tests? Well, Q's son has survival / I.Q. test for us. After all, we're still on trial as to whether we're a worthy species. He would test our combat skills in one mission, and give us a maze of puzzles in the next. However, every wrong answer in this test could be deadly.

How well you do will determine the type of trophy and/or prize you receive.

What do you think?

Personally... I'd call the episode I.Q - but thats just me :p
    edited December 2010
    tryulis wrote: »
    Personally... I'd call the episode I.Q - but thats just me :p

Love it...done. Now, I need to figure out how to do the quiz part.
    edited December 2010
    bariman wrote: »
    Love it...done. Now, I need to figure out how to do the quiz part.

Youd have to do, hypothetically, a non-combat mission... hmm?

Im very jealous of the quality I see on Tribble when I cant get my head around any of it. Foundry isnt very, user friendly
    edited December 2010
    I have 2 good story arc ideas. One is a Fed arc that focuses around the old "Where's Sulu?" joke.

The other one is a Klink arc focusing around the makings of an Irgun-style resistance campain by Orions dissatisfied by the alliance with the Klingons.
    edited January 2011
    Here are the current missions i am simultaneously working on.

"Holo-Day On Risa"

When a group of Holograms take hostages on Risa, they demand all solid lifeforms evacuate and are prepared to detonate a Bio weapon in the atmosphere if they do not get removed with Starfleet help within 24 hrs. Starfleet sends you to try and slip in during a shuttle exchange,and take the Photonic renegades out and neutralize the Bio weapon.

"Ego Death"

You awaken from a strange dream. As you continue to perform your daily activities as Captain, you begin realizing your not really on your ship, you have been Assimilated by a Borg ship, as you flash back and forth from the Collective to a virtual life as an individual, clues to why an opportunity to break free has occured become clearer and it has something to do with a strange Alien vessel the Borg ship has encountered..

Ego Death is based off a philosophy--Ego death is an experience that reveals the illusory aspect of the ego, sometimes undergone by psychonauts, mystics, shamans, monks, psychologists, and others interested in exploring the depths of the mind.
    edited January 2011
    i have a massive arc planned out for the klingons that starts with my klingon mission in my sig. i wont spoil what its about but my hope is that its going to be an epic story that klingon players are going to love. at least thats the plan.
    edited January 2011
    i have a massive arc planned out for the klingons that starts with my klingon mission in my sig. i wont spoil what its about but my hope is that its going to be an epic story that klingon players are going to love. at least thats the plan.

Sounds cool! I'll try them.:D
  • severem#6961 severem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I have an idea for a story arc... This has something to do with the both the Kelvin Timeline mostly, since the natural timeline shows the 'end of the line' for the antagonist for this arc. The main question now lies, "What happened to Kahn Noonian Singh?" At the end of a great story in Into Darkness, they put him and his compatriots back into Cryo-sleep and... to what avail? At some point, wouldn't he be awakened or found and released... or even better... What would a Mirror Kahn be like? Would he be worse than our own Kahn, or be more opposite? So many things, and new ship ideas, could come from this. I thoroughly enjoy my Kelvin Timeline Intel Vengeance... now... what if it was resurrected from mothballs (surely Sector 31 kept all the pieces) and built a more advanced Vengeance (mine I call the Echelon)? I have some story suggestions and would like to see what Arc Games could do with this idea.. :smile:
    In my character bio, I write that even though Kirk destroyed the Vengeance in the 23rd century, Sector 31 claimed all of what they could from the wreckage, and through reports of Kirk and Starfleet, decided to build a new Dreadnought class, taking out all the weaknesses that caused its inevitable destruction. This could be the start of a story arc where the new flagship for Sector 31, a more powerful Vengeance, where Kahn actually is arisen and builds this ship with the help of some unknown benefactor. The result at the end of this story arc is the climatic battle between players and this powerhouse of a vessel... more maneuverable, deadly, and defensive than its predecessor. What could someone claim for defeating this juggernaut? Why not the T6 ship itself (though drastically reduced for balanced gameplay) and a new Console. What the original Vengeance lacked was a Battle Cloak, where this one has one installed. As for the new Console, some ideas have come to mind, but let's see where this idea goes first... Any comments Arc Games?
    Thank you for your consideration.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Begone Necromancy!
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.