test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone have any Story-Arc ideas?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
Since UGC was announced Ive been busy writing away stuff and jotting down ideas for episodes. I came up with one story arc that ties in with a LOT of Trek episodes and eras

From "Encounter at Farpoint" right through to Trek XI, there have been MANY references to a certain number.

That number was 47! and I have what I think to be an interesting story about it - watch this space :D

But anyway, does anyone else have any ideas for episodes or story arcs specifically for UGC and/or stuff theyve always wanted to see in Trek
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I have some great ideas, I even drew up maps/layouts and wrote character background...however I will not discuss this further until the missions are made and released, so no copying from me beforehand people! :p
    edited November 2010
    Heya Morgomir :)

I had a brainfart about mirror universe mission chain. Basically involving going back through a portal to wage guerilla warfare against the mirror universe to break up their supply chain and generally disrupt their ability to expand in our dimension.

Start with a diplomatic mission cobbling together the plot somehow. Then some investigative recon work to find the location of a portal back to the MU. A clandestine type mission where you act as a mirror vessel to pass through the portal undetected. Then more clandestine saboteur type activities mixed in with open assaults on isolated outposts or supply convoys (perhaps while using a holoemitter). All dotted with playing a cat and mouse game with the mirror you (mirror of your captain, officers, ship all with evil goatees). Eventually culminating in the face-to-face square off between you both as they try to block your escape back through the portal.

Dunno if the foundry tools would have the ability to generate a mirror of the player on the fly though.
    edited November 2010
    i have several planned for the Terran Empire/Undine (Fed & Klink)

Basically the Feds will get part 1 of the story... if you want to see it from another point of View... you'll have to row a klingon character

Level:(51)
    Location Pelia Sector

Fed Mission: 1

Basically ... a Npc will tell you to patrol a system in Undine space (pelia sector) you'll arrive at a class M planet with a population thats at war with the Undine. They'll greet you with open arms then reveal they've captured a Undine (who will be one of your Recuring Characters) naturally you beam down to witness this for yourself. at this point a Klingon/Terran Empire task force will arrive demanding the Undine Pilot. After battling some Klingons you'll arrive at the cell with the Undine in... at which point Terran Empire forces will beam out with the Undine. Your beam up.. and begin to Chase the lead Terran ship only to witness it pass into a Quantom singularity.

Klink Mission: 1

You'll arrive in the same system set just as the Federation taskforce has beamed to the surface. Ironically as you arrive a Terran task force decloaks. the Captain of the lead ship (Main Terran recurring character) You'll have a brief conversation and decide to destroy the Federation Task force together... Once thats done.. your beam down and do battle with Starfleet while the Terrans.. do.. somthing else... your get to a certain location to have a message from one of your ships saying "Sir, the Terran Ships have opened fire, they've boarded our Carrier.. request........" {beam up time] Your beam back to your ship to find your task force destroyed (with the exception of the carrier) and a Undine ship aducting crewmen from the carrier. after a round with some Terran ships your begin a chase for the Undine ship only to find it enter a Quantom singularity.

Mission 2 breif

Fed: You'll enter fluidic space in search of the Terran ship from the previous story.

Klink: You'll head into fluidic space to rescue your aducted crew.

Mission 3 brief

Fed: posing as a Terran Officer your witness the birth of a Alliance between the Undine and Terran Empire.
    Klink: Acting as a slave to your Terran Masters (:P) your witness the Undine execute Federation Personel.. plus serve drinks.

Episode 4<unknown atm>

Episode 5 <unknown atm>
    edited November 2010
    Is there any rule is for reintroducing characters? I want to bring back the progeny of Dr. Sevrin and his colleagues!
    :eek:
    edited November 2010
    Well I plan on going over the TV shows...not to copy the storylines but to note
    Different races, planets....what thier like.
    Various tech stuff...what can break on a ship and such
    how the shows are paced
    and various ...forgive the spelling here idiocyncracies about trek...rules for transporters ect..

in doing so I have a set of rules to follow in my stories

example

transporters

next gen - people rarely beam directly from the bridge..only in emergency but commonly beam directly to it
    DS9 - almost always use transporter pad
    STO - ALWAYS use pad
    Ent - use pad if a shuttle can't be used...prefer shuttle

warp core breach

next gen- dump it...can even dump it on purpose for other reasons
    DS9 - if they have a warp core - most likely, they stuck with it
    STO < not the new movie> not an option...it breaches, your dead...new movie, you can dump them,
    and thier are several of them ?? artistic licence I guess.
    Ent, I don't think they have a warp core per say...warp engine...it breaches,,bye bye

you get the idea
    edited November 2010
    I been working on a couple plots myself. I used to do a lot of writing and was mulling over plots. Oh..and the Terran Empire War, I'd play that. But me, it involved a couple Diplomacy style can and data collect.

The premise was on a patrol you come across a Klink Colony, and scan show no signs of life. And with a quick check of intelligence reports you find the colony was thriving a couple months ago. So you beam down and find everyone dead....and according to your ship's Doctor, from a engineered virus.

And it just goes from there.
    edited November 2010
    I been working on a couple plots myself. I used to do a lot of writing and was mulling over plots. Oh..and the Terran Empire War, I'd play that. But me, it involved a couple Diplomacy style can and data collect.

The premise was on a patrol you come across a Klink Colony, and scan show no signs of life. And with a quick check of intelligence reports you find the colony was thriving a couple months ago. So you beam down and find everyone dead....and according to your ship's Doctor, from a engineered virus.

And it just goes from there.

hmmm i dont know about the collecting data stuff.

Your get a diplomacy mission (if i can make one that is) during my first Series (non combat mission) your get a chance to interact with some Terrans / Undine etc.

saying that i wonder if i can edit the Dewitt interior (dump the federation flags in favour of terran flags)
    edited November 2010
    I am working on a story that progreses the war between the FED and Klingons by way of the Q and the Preservers.
    edited November 2010
    A mystery arc involving smuggling, treachery, betrayal and revenge all centered around a mistake a few cadets made years before when they were on their first training assignment togethor.

Also, a SCoE arc where you assist a Corps ship and it's crew through a series of missions repairing, salvaging and restoring facilities lost and damaged during the Fed v Klingon conflict.

Both though will depend on whether the Foundry tools are robust enough at launch to let me actually do the stories to my satisfaction.
    edited November 2010
    I got a lot of ideas. Every Star tek fans wished they could have done a show. now we can.
    edited November 2010
    Sleeves wrote:
    I got a lot of ideas. Every Star tek fans wished they could have done a show. now we can.

tenner says 60% of all UGC take place on Risa.
    edited November 2010

bow-chica-wow-wow
    edited November 2010

"And now, the Ferengi Holo-Players present, for the Risan viewing audience, their musical adaptation of... Vulcan Love Slave part 2."
    edited November 2010
    I really hope that you guys can explain who "future guy" was from Enterprise.
    edited November 2010
    Kirkfat wrote: »

daniels evil twin
    edited November 2010
    bow-chica-wow-wow

What happens in Risa, stays in Risa...
    :eek:
    edited November 2010
    I think I will just use stories from my RPs, clean them up for STO UGC. I hope you guys will like it cause
    Going to introduce an enemy within the Federation....Stay tuned. :cool:

Edit: Its not the undine...or changelings...or anyone in disguise .
    edited November 2010
    I had made a thread about using dialogue choice trees for simulated bridge combat from the bridge point of view within based on choice/outcome trees (quick example Your surrounded by four Romulan Warbirds and your Tac gives you a few choices like 1.) Raise shields fire all weapons 2.) evasive maneuvers try and get us out of here 3.) hail the romulans) etc etc. But that is just "within" certain missions as a new option besides just the regular pew pew.

I have written half a season's worth of synopsis that will be turned scripts here are a few minor examples

1.) "Groundhog Day"- When you are sent to The U.S.S Pandora ,a nebula class test ship, to oversee the testing of an upgraded chroniton torpedo, The Pandora's captain, a female vulcan, informs you she will be taking extended leave due to an unforeseen pregnancy. When the Chroniton weapon is finally tested in a remote secret location, a strange flash occurs..suddenly you find the Vulcan captain repeating her announcement of her pregnancy and realising this day just got very deja vu...

2.) Temporal cold war story arc(Title in works)- A female vulcan officer (yeah again), approaches you to reveal she is a Federation time agent. She explains the temporal cold war and that "Fixed" time-line has been purposely created (similar to the permanent way the TREK 2009 film timeline was not "wiped") agents from the other factions of the cold war have manipulated this timeline to create a more militant, Vulcan "Empire" that became infiltrated and changed by Romulans from the future, who have a way to open a rift that the Imperial Vulcan fleets can invade through to "this" timeline and unleash hell.(Obviously an excuse to really show off them nice new Vulcan ships )

As the story progresses (spoiler but it is changing slightly so revealing this won't matter by the end) The Vulcan agent is injured and a close medical scan reveals she is in fact, Romulan not vulcan.
    While at first assuming she is a Romulan spy, and tossing her in the brig, it has a twist- she is a Romulan true, but in the 31st century the Romulans are Federation members. She grew up a loyal federation citizen and later Starfleet Temporal agent.

NOte- She mentions Romulans from future causing the other timeline- they are from an earlier time period before Romulans join the feds.

3,) "Holo-Day on Risa"- part 1 of the Photonic revolution- When a terrorist group takes hostages on Risa, starfleet send your crew to take care of it- but these are no ordinary terrorists. Led by a stolen copy of Holo Leeta , a group of self aware Holograms have declared Risa their official Photonic homeworld and want all non Photonics off their world Asap or else!

And finally, for humor-4.) P.I.E. -Phased entity Investigations and Eliminations- "PhaseBusters" a special group created in the wake of the Dividian incident this series- Who ya gonna hail?

Just a couple of examples.
    edited November 2010
    I intend to do a Dominion War story arc. I may make it a "holo-program", or I may just tell users to accept that the events really took place many years before STO.
    edited November 2010
    I'd like to tell the story of what happened between "Call to Arms" and "A Time to Stand"...3 months is a long time.
    edited November 2010
    I had been thinking about a story where the player's crew will visit Vagra II and butt heads with the character Armus from the TNG episode "Skin of Evil." It might be very difficult to recreate Armus in the Foundry, but we'll see.

I was also thinking about a return of the Organians. I know they showed up in Enterprise...I'll just try not to think about that too much. They might not even show up, but it would be interesting to have a story back on the planet of Organia. Searching Organian ruins and looking for them. The title would be called something like "In Search of Mercy."

However, I was really thinking about putting together a six part story arc where a group of Starfleet captains, led by a couple Vulcans and Andorians rebel against the Federation. The leader of the group, a Vulcan Admiral, finds it illogical, after years of relative peace, the Federation is at war with the Klingons. And also fighting battles against the Romulans, Cardassians (or as my girlfriend calls them, the Kardashians...), Borg, Undine, Breen, Devidians, Terran Federation, and more to come. His goal isn't really just to create another enemy for the federation, but to overthrow the Federation council, and bring his logic to the Alpha quadrant. The way STO has shaped up, we haven't really seen a lot of turmoil within the Federation. It would also be a fun way to show off the new Vulcan and Andorian ships that'll be rolling out soon.
    edited November 2010
    Terran Federation? Its the Terran Empire silly :P or have we got 2 Terran universes hitting on us now ? :O
    edited November 2010
    has anyone thought of ideas that involve your own characters?

eg.

I have a Fed and Klingon character

a Fed mission could involve the Klingon guy I created, and vise versa

ive already exapnded upon that and made up storylines xD
    edited November 2010
    Ooiue wrote: »
    has anyone thought of ideas that involve your own characters?

eg.

I have a Fed and Klingon character

a Fed mission could involve the Klingon guy I created, and vise versa

ive already exapnded upon that and made up storylines xD

ive got a Mirror universe version of one of my characters planned.
    edited November 2010
    I have a klingon Boff on the FED side. His back story is that he was engineered in a lab and developed to infiltrate the empire and attack it from within. Sort of like a supersoldier. I want to explore his origin story somehow. That is my one of a thousand ideas :)
    edited November 2010
    Okay today a new story arc epiphany hit me but since it is rough in mind i figured why not share the seed here.

Concept- a New "cult" emerges across the Alpha and beta quadrant- a cult that worship the Borg and see them as "deities" who are messengers from the divine seeking to bring every being together as one. The series of missions has Starfleet intelligence (not section 31, but actual intel,like difference between CIA and homeland security etc,though section 31 is more a unofficial MIA group but you get the analogy).send the players undercover to infiltrate the cult and try to locate its leader. The cult is being seen as a terrorist threat because whenever the group speaks out on some random Fed or Kdf world, it is followed by a trans warp cooridor opening at that location and a Borg raid assimilating the gathering "except" the cult members. This makes Starfleet believe the cult is working and cooordinating with cooperation from the Borg.

But as people will find common to my missions, there is always a twist....

Note- this series will attempt to justify and explain "why" the Borg collective even "has" a queen. (something thats been debated ever since First contact, i will not "define" the reason but "attempt " to offer a plausible explanation that is a belief system).
    edited November 2010
    That sounds like an awesome idea.
    edited November 2010
    i applaud it for original thinking as well, and an attempt for an in-universe explanation for the Queen (coz the writers of FC's explaintion was to have a Borg villian :/)

personally, i find it wierd about worshipping the Borg but I am looking forward to how that turns out :D
    edited November 2010
    Kirkfat wrote: »

I plan to...

My 47 story arc explains this. He is the reason for the random yet frequent occurences of it... all will be explained
    edited November 2010
    chooch99 wrote: »
    Okay today a new story arc epiphany hit me but since it is rough in mind i figured why not share the seed here.

Concept- a New "cult" emerges across the Alpha and beta quadrant- a cult that worship the Borg and see them as "deities" who are messengers from the divine seeking to bring every being together as one. The series of missions has Starfleet intelligence (not section 31, but actual intel,like difference between CIA and homeland security etc,though section 31 is more a unofficial MIA group but you get the analogy).send the players undercover to infiltrate the cult and try to locate its leader. The cult is being seen as a terrorist threat because whenever the group speaks out on some random Fed or Kdf world, it is followed by a trans warp cooridor opening at that location and a Borg raid assimilating the gathering "except" the cult members. This makes Starfleet believe the cult is working and cooordinating with cooperation from the Borg.

But as people will find common to my missions, there is always a twist....

Note- this series will attempt to justify and explain "why" the Borg collective even "has" a queen. (something thats been debated ever since First contact, i will not "define" the reason but "attempt " to offer a plausible explanation that is a belief system).

THIS... IS.... AWESOME!

I cant wait for your missions. Im very tempted but equally scared to use the borg as I have no idea what to do with them.
This discussion has been closed.