What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

=/\= The 12th Fleet =/\=

Comments

• Options
    usmc47usmc47 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Worse mistake ever made - Joining the 12th fleet.

I am giving a warning to anyone seeking a fleet.

I informed the 12th that should I not feel welcome in their fleet, I would leave it. I had an issue with one of their officers whose name is not important. I did not feel welcome in this fleet. So I did exactly as I said, I left them.

No, I did not give them a 3 day notice as per they demands.
    No, I did not feel that 3 more days of abuse was acceptable.
    No, I did not want to cause any more trouble.

I had told them, if the fleet did not make me feel welcomed, I would leave immediately. They agreed. When I left they complained that I did not give them 3 days notice. They whined about it actually. They said that I was not courteous towards them by not giving them 3 days notice.

Well, I found another fleet. One which DID make me feel welcome. One that IS helpful. One that HAS mature members as officers. One that IS pleasant, active and well mannered. So I joined them and it has been a great experience in doing it. I have learned a lot that the 12th would not teach me, a new player. They are a good bunch of guys and gals. I shall remain a member of this fleet (NOT THE 12th) for as long as they will have me...

But let me get back to the 12th because this is the topic about their fleet. I have never said anything bad about them even when I left. I let the issues drop. I did not hold a hardship against them. In fact I completely forgot about them.... was that the truth both ways????

NO!

Some of their officers, whom shall remain nameless, have seen to it to take out a personal vendetta against me. They have even gone as far as to have one of their "Ambassadors" try to go behind my back and cause issues with my new fleet. Now you ask how would I know this... well the "Ambassador" did not know how to use PM I guess because instead of sending my Leader the private message, he sent it to me. Personally I think it was very childish and immature of the "Ambassador" to try to go behind my back and hurt my friendship with my new fleet, but I guess that is the type of officers the 12th wants.

I have asked them politely to stop this harassment of me. I left because of personal reasons and I have never, up until now, ever said anything bad about them.

So this is just a word to those seeking a fleet to join. Do not make your decision abruptly and just go with the 12th because of this long post. Look into other fleets. There are many which are much more friendly, pleasant, well-mannered, and mature then this fleet.

Do not get me wrong, I made a few friends in this fleet. Not all of them are bad. Just a few. It saddens me to know that those few "Bad Apples" are ruining the rest of the Bushel.

I tried to stop this by talking to their leadership. It did not end. It escalated!

I then tried to stop this harassment by writing a topic on their own forums so that others would get them to stop. All they did was delete the topic so no new members would see it.

This is my final attempt to have them stop their childish behavior. I did not want to resort to posting this here, but considering they are not going to stop I can not see any other way around it but to warn new people off from joining this fleet.

The 12th has been around for quite some time. Maybe it is time for the 12th to retire....

On the last note. To the Officers of the 12th:

I have asked you to grow up and act more mature.
    I have been polite even though you have not.
    I have tried countless ways of getting you to refrain.

This is the final straw. You should inform your members that should they feel the need to send harassing or threatening messages to me in the game from hence forth, I will feel in necessary to involve a GM and take appropriate actions to ensure the safety of myself and other players in the game.

This Ends NOW.

INCLUDED:

This is the private message from the 12th Ambassador to me, which was not meant to come to me. I have edited the names so as not to singular out the writer.

Sat 13 Dec, 2014, 12:03 AM

H******,

First congrats on your new position. I spoke with Cpt. ******* a couple weeks ago and he said that some changes were in the works.

Second, and on to business stuff:

We have noticed that KanePFarclaw has applied to be a member of *******, and also had posted some rather negative info regarding his time in 12th. He was a member of 12th for a very short time(1-5 days). As we have had a very close working relationship between ******* and 12th, I'd like to find some time to discuss this more if you wish. When might be a good time to meet and chat.

Thanks,
    M**********
    12th Ambassador to *******
  • Options
    qordaqqordaq Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Greetings Warriors of the 12th... How's everyone doing today? Anyone curious about the new Breen Carrier?

maj!
    Previously: QorDaq
    Operations Team, 12th Fleet
  • Options
    kevprimekevprime Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    qordaq wrote: »
    Greetings Warriors of the 12th... How's everyone doing today? Anyone curious about the new Breen Carrier?

maj!

I am going to get it on all my toons for the trait, but looking to use it on my Fed sci officer. about 12 days away from it!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I have a bit more than that as work has slowed my progress some. I flew the Chel Grett for a while after it came out, and also the Raider briefly (it was the first ship to offer the flanking bonus)... Not bad ships, so I am curious about the Carrier.

maj!
  • Options
    danvetdanvet Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The carrier looks to be a boon for the Science Captain seeking an offensive ship. It also looks a bit more manoeuvrable than some carriers which will be a welcome change from the Recluse which turns like a small moon at times.
  • Options
    sabot02sabot02 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    danvet wrote: »
    The carrier looks to be a boon for the Science Captain seeking an offensive ship. It also looks a bit more manoeuvrable than some carriers which will be a welcome change from the Recluse which turns like a small moon at times.

That's no moon!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D
    53120249977_b145a1d590_o.png

=/\= =========================== =/\=
    Vice Admiral Sabot02 (Retired) - Former Commanding Officer - Engineering Division
    12th Fleet, United Federation Of Planets
  • Options
    merlin66666merlin66666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm working on getting enough Q pics to get one for my science toon. I missed a couple days as well so going a bit slower.
  • Options
    barrington1982barrington1982 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just realised I passed my three-year anniversary with the fleet a couple of days back! Had a few ups-and-down (and one or two headaches)... but damn, it's been heck of a ride and I wouldn't change it for the world :)

Maybe a galaxy though... ;)
  • Options
    fildaneifildanei Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As per request, I'm submitting this reply.
  • Options
    sabot02sabot02 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just realised I passed my three-year anniversary with the fleet a couple of days back! Had a few ups-and-down (and one or two headaches)... but damn, it's been heck of a ride and I wouldn't change it for the world :)

Maybe a galaxy though... ;)

That you did Baz. And what none of us saw coming was that I'm the one that gets to hand you the 3 year service ribbon in the new year. :D
    53120249977_b145a1d590_o.png

Vice Admiral Sabot02 (Retired) - Former Commanding Officer - Engineering Division
    12th Fleet, United Federation Of Planets
  • Options
    patrick205patrick205 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sabot02 wrote: »
    That you did Baz. And what none of us saw coming was that I'm the one that gets to hand you the 3 year service ribbon in the new year. :D

Ohh does this forum have a facepalm emote? LOL
    12th Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hey congrats on the 3-year! Keep up the awesome!

maj!
  • Options
    ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was going to say something along the lines of old man and part of the furniture but i just realized it'll be 3 years for me in April:eek:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Gone quick, eh? And compared to some others around here, we're still practically rookies :D

And cheers, by the way. More medals I have no idea what to do with!
  • Options
    ct2060ct2060 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll have been in the fleet for a year in a few weeks. How time flies :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Don't, Simon, you'll have me in tears. I saw you come into this world, I'm like a proud parent seeing how far you've come :D;)
  • Options
    battalionbainebattalionbaine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi folks,

Just stopping by to say Hi and I hope I get accepted into this fine fleet.

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hi mate, good luck in your app;)
  • Options
    rahavenrahaven Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Been flying at night with the XO and a couple of other people, and let me tell ya I'm so glad I found you all.

I have NO clue what I'm doing, usually need everything explained to me... and everyone has been so patient. I think more than items or purchases INFORMATION and help for a new player is the most precious gift, and that I'm getting in spades.

I am very grateful to you all. Hope I can give back as I've received.

R'veik
  • Options
    saneoutcastsaneoutcast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dusting off this forum account to complete my application.
  • Options
    hardcorehurthardcorehurt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    as above need to find my name
  • Options
    thewisdomtreethewisdomtree Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Objective Completed :D
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    howdy all, my toon is Gembob :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    boaz13boaz13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please look me up in game. I play as Boaz@boaz13, a Romulan that's aligned with the Federation.
  • Options
    dracherdracher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Greetings all. Glad to be back! :)
  • Options
    simon155xsimon155x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Arcturio reporting for duty. Request permission to board :) Couldn't resist hehe.

Just look out for the explosions and you'll find me. The explosion probably was me :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Uhhh...... bump, or something.
  • Options
    technophobe1technophobe1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi,

I have just started playing STO again after about 2 years out. I used to be a fleet member and wanted to rejoin. I went to the forums, updated my email and then it kicked me out and won't send me a reauthorisation email, so I can't log in to reapply. Could someone help (I emailed webmaster a few days ago but got no response.)

Cheers
  • Options
    uzumi18uzumi18 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Confirming that i am Uzumi / Scott Newfield

http://forums.12th-fleet.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27824
  • Options
    vyndervynder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ryken@MADAJPSazzar