test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is YOUR Opinion of Season 1? Time for people to come back or... ?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    SithToker wrote:
    TBH, the second i see a game is even offering LTS's i know theres a problem. In the future i would look at that with much more skeptisicm. Think about it, if it was going to be a legitimatly good game, they would have nothing to gain whatsoever from offering LTS's. They could have put all those items on the CStore and would have made huge amounts of money from people that wanted access to them, that plus the pure monthly profit they will stop seeing in 20 months.....

Basically even offering LTS's says 'we dont believe in the long term success of this game'.

If this game lasts 5 years, they will end up losing millions in LTS's subs.

If the game falls off sharply and LTS players are most of the ones left in a year? They have no more income past that point. They pretty much have to be at least moderately successful now or they will see no long term income from the game. Its like they planned on it failing.

LTS = We plan on failing, IMO.

Well, lifetime subs aren't NECESSARILY an indication of something going wrong. Only if there are other visible signs before hand, it is a cause for concern.

From what I have heard from MANY people, is that most people who purchased LTS for LotRO are extremely happy with that investment. Going further, a good amount of people wish they had plopped the dough down to get one.

As it is, if you ever see a LTS account being sold on the secondary market for LotRO they are insanely expensive, whereas the STO accounts are being sold at cost or below (because seemingly people just want to recoup SOME of their losses). Apparently some people feel that Cryptic/Atari made a bargain bin game, and knowing that stings a bit.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    As it is, if you ever see a LTS account being sold on the secondary market for LotRO they are insanely expensive, whereas the STO accounts are being sold at cost or below (because seemingly people just want to recoup SOME of their losses). Apparently some people feel that Cryptic/Atari made a bargain bin game, and knowing that stings a bit.

Any Idea how one would go about this?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nova2000 wrote:
    Any Idea how one would go about this?

Yes, I do. But it is against the TOS/EULA, and I'm sure Cryptic would love any excuse to rid my critical voice from their forums if I told ya :p
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I like Season One!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Popkornn wrote:
    This thread died, time to let it go!

I was answering a question that I had missed. As for necromania, why are you even bothering to continue to bump them if it bothers you so much?

Need attention?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I was answering a question that I had missed. As for necromania, why are you even bothering to continue to bump them if it bothers you so much?

Need attention?

You do realize who you just asked that question to, right? :D