Ravenstein wrote: »
    I hate summer...

I don't like the heat.
    I don't like not in being school.
    I don't like the bugs.
    I don't like the pollen.
    I don't like the heatstroke.
    I don't like the sunlight.
    I don't like the hideously obese people who don't wear shirts and cruise around town on their lawn mowers.
    I don't like the tall grass.
    I don't like how it's too hot to wear the clothing I like.

I miss the cold.

I agree with... seven... of these.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    what can I say? spending 3 years n the snow awoke something in me. Heat BAAAD! Snow GOOOOD!

Aternoon Capulet.

Heat is not bad as there is not to hot and the humidity is below 50%.

Snow is ok if there is not to much and it's not to cold.

It's about a balance of the season. Enough of it to make things enjoyable, but not to over load one.

20 feet of snow with -25 degree F temperature or lower in a winter is to much.

+85 degree F with +70% humidity is to much in summer.
    edited June 2010
    I don't like the hideously obese people who don't wear shirts and cruise around town on their lawn mowers.

Well, TRIBBLE, I best stop doing this now.
    edited June 2010
    I've got a nice summer house in one of the cooler regions of the earth. For only 500,000 dollars its all yours! *Let me know if you need my pay pal info.* :D

Ya, but I don't see the wind screen and hot tub on the upper sun deck.
    edited June 2010
    I've got a nice summer house in one of the cooler regions of the earth. For only 500,000 dollars its all yours! *Let me know if you need my pay pal info.* :D

That looks suspiciously like a house in Greenland. probably heated by hot springs hmm? Works for me except..that steam comes out HOT! I would leave the windows open.
    edited June 2010
    That looks suspiciously like a house in Greenland. probably heated by hot springs hmm? Works for me except..that steam comes out HOT! I would leave the windows open.

Actually its an Antarctic research station. No hot summers there. Might run into the Thing though. Not so good.
    edited June 2010
    Actually its an Antarctic research station. No hot summers there. Might run into the Thing though. Not so good.

Put in an outdoor hot tub and I would be scraping up the money for that place right now.
    edited June 2010
    what can I say? spending 3 years n the snow awoke something in me. Heat BAAAD! Snow GOOOOD!
    I hate summer...

I don't like the heat.
    I don't like not in being school.
    I don't like the bugs.
    I don't like the pollen.
    I don't like the heatstroke.
    I don't like the sunlight.
    I don't like the tall grass.
    I don't like how it's too hot to wear the clothing I like.

I miss the cold.

I'm with these two. When we had the three blizzards here, I was in heaven. Plus I was able to score serious points withthe boss when i was the only one able to get to work :)
    edited June 2010
    Exactly! think about it, well at least as I do. Winter, cold, want a little warmth, make fire, cozy blankets, snuggle time.

Summer. Hot as hell, blanket goes away, AC goes full blast, anybody comes in your personal bubble drives up the temp 1 degree and gets punted.

Snow Goood! Summer BAD!
    edited June 2010
    All yalls should move up here to Alaska. Stay out of the interior and the summer temps don't get too far above 70F, when its not raining. Barrow today had a high of 50 a low of 36 and averaged 46.
    :)
    During the winter, if you like it cold Squarebanks is the place.
    edited June 2010
    Morning, Capulet.

'Tis good weather today as it rained overnight. So It's cooler than yesterday.
    edited June 2010
    Oh it was wonderful last night. Power went out for 2 hours, was still 100 degrees out so the house hit 85 really quick :mad:
    edited June 2010
    All yalls should move up here to Alaska. Stay out of the interior and the summer temps don't get too far above 70F, when its not raining. Barrow today had a high of 50 a low of 36 and averaged 46.

Loved my visit up to Alaska last August. We had freezing morning temps at Denali, and awesome skies to view that moutain from the air and the ground. if it wasn't for the Earthquakes, I would probably try to move up there.

Good Afternoon Cappy!

/hands purloined mallett to Cappy

/pops back into alternate dimension
    edited June 2010
    Loved my visit up to Alaska last August. We had freezing morning temps at Denali, and awesome skies to view that moutain from the air and the ground. if it wasn't for the Earthquakes, I would probably try to move up there.

Good Afternoon Cappy!

/hands purloined mallett to Cappy

/pops back into alternate dimension

I would move there, but that may restart the Raven-Eskimo Wars. And after the last UN War Crimes Tribunal, the eyes of the world are looking at me with very suspicious eyes.
    edited June 2010
    I would move there, but that may restart the Raven-Eskimo Wars. And after the last UN War Crimes Tribunal, the eyes of the world are looking at me with very suspicious eyes.

The eyes of the world are looking at you with very suspicious eyes?

The eyes of the world have eyes of their own? Seems redundant...
    edited June 2010
    The eyes of the world are looking at you with very suspicious eyes?

The eyes of the world have eyes of their own? Seems redundant...

Well considering the anime world Ravenstein comes from, it's actually quite normal for eyes to have eyes
    edited June 2010
    Well considering the anime world Ravenstein comes from, it's actually quite normal for eyes to have eyes

Enormous technicolor eyes, apparently.

And remember, they always match the girl's hair color.
    edited June 2010
    Enormous technicolor eyes, apparently.

And remember, they always match the girl's hair color.

Well yes! If you didn't all the other colors inthe universe would just invert themselves
    edited June 2010

Lived in Alaska in the 70s (Elmendorf AFB, right next to Anchorage). We went all over that state on the weekends, even out the Aleutian chain as far as we could. Rode a steam locomotive out to Fairbanks once (it was hot as heck when we got there). My dad had a real camping bug up there. Beautiful, unspoiled (then, at least) country (and a bazillion mosquitoes)!
    edited June 2010
    drapes match the windows, not to be confused with... lmao.
    edited June 2010
    drapes match the windows, not to be confused with... lmao.

Your avatar's got it going on, too!

...the first one. I dunno about the second one. :rolleyes:
    edited June 2010
    All hail the mighty and wise Capulet! Bringer of the sun and the rain, Conquerer of the twelve formerly existant tribes of the Moon, Mistress of the Clouds of Venus, Desecater of Mars, Ruler of the Floating Continent of Juptier, Wearer of the Rings of Saturn, etc etc ...

Too Much?
    edited June 2010
    All hail the mighty and wise Capulet! Bringer of the sun and the rain, Conquerer of the twelve formerly existant tribes of the Moon, Mistress of the Clouds of Venus, Desecater of Mars, Ruler of the Floating Continent of Juptier, Wearer of the Rings of Saturn, etc etc ...

Too Much?

Just a tad, laddie.

"Hello Capulet" is more than enough in my book.
    edited June 2010

Too Much?

lol not sure but it made me laugh. I feel like Lwaxana Troi only I didn't have to say it myself. :o

Good morning all.
    edited June 2010
    *Waves away at the smoke that been blown up someones you know what.*

Whew. Cap, I think if this praise and worship continues your head might explode, and since I've still got the title of Janitor here in ten forward I want to take some precautions.

*Starts lining the thread with sheets of plastic.*
    edited June 2010
    lol not sure but it made me laugh. I feel like Lwaxana Troi only I didn't have to say it myself. :o

Good morning all.

Yeah, my Muse hit me suddenly (with an awfully familiar looking mallett) and so that was the end result. :eek:
    edited June 2010
    Gentlemen, have some dignity. You're getting slobber on my shoes.
    edited June 2010
    Gentlemen, have some dignity. You're getting slobber on my shoes.

Pfft, we always slobber over Capulet. I mean, the proof is in the 2000+ posts on a thread with her name.
    edited June 2010
    I should've expected as much with a bunch of Romeos chasing after one Juliet
    edited June 2010
    I should've expected as much with a bunch of Romeos chasing after one Juliet

Wait, wait, wait. Hold on there.

She started it. She knew what wearing a tribble on her cleavage was going to do.
This discussion has been closed.