Best Sci-Fi quotes

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Suck, suck, suck...

Spaceballs
    edited March 2010
    "I thought I recognized your foul stench the moment I was brought on board."

"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?

"Will someone get this walking carpet out of my way?"

Princess Leia

"Laugh it up fuzz ball."

"Never tell me the odds"

Han Solo

"You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"

Darth Vader
    edited March 2010
    This is my favorite quote, its a little long

Doctor Who The Family of Blood

He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing - the fury of the Time Lord - and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind. He wrapped my father in unbreakable chains forged in the heart of a dwarf star. He tricked my mother into the event horizon of a collapsing galaxy to be imprisoned there, forever. He still visits my sister, once a year, every year. I wonder if one day he might forgive her, but there she is. Can you see? He trapped her inside a mirror. Every mirror. If ever you look at your reflection and see something move behind you just for a second, that's her. That's always her. As for me, I was suspended in time and the Doctor put me to work standing over the fields of England, as their protector. We wanted to live forever. So the Doctor made sure we did.

Son of Mine
    edited March 2010
    Ahh. More Futurama.

My favorite from Parasites Lost:

Hermes: "What about the worms in the other parts of his body?"
    Professor: "Listens this is gonna be one hell of a bowel movement, afterwards he'll be lucky if he has any bones left!"

Then there is the classic line by 'Rowdy" Roddy Piper: They Live
    edited March 2010
    "Han pull out, you're doing no good back there!"

Hehe...
    edited March 2010
    "I have a bad feeling about this." - various Star Wars characters
    edited March 2010
    "You're gonna regret this the rest of your life.........both seconds of it" - Demolition man
    edited March 2010
    Kasheu wrote: »
    "You're gonna regret this the rest of your life.........both seconds of it" - Demolition man

"John Spartan, you have been fined one credit for violating of the verbal moralities act"

"Taco bell was the only franchise to survive the food wars"
    edited March 2010
    Captain Jack: [to Martha] Captain Jack Harkness... and who are you?
    Martha: Martha Jones.
    Captain Jack: Nice to meet you, Martha Jones.
    The Doctor: [Irritated] Oh, don't start!
    Captain Jack: I was only saying 'hello'!
    Martha: [flattered] I don't mind.
    edited March 2010
    "I Love you"

"F*** Off"

Family guy, Something something something dark side... cracked me up
    edited March 2010
    So say we all....BSG

Koo Koo Ka Choo got screwed.... X-men Origens- Wolverine

Are you sure it's not time for a colorful metaphor? STIV The Voyage Home

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. STII WOK
    edited March 2010
    Optimus Prime: Megatron must be stopped...no matter the cost.

Megatron: Prime!
    Prime: One shall stand, one shall fall.
    Megatron: Why throw away your life so recklessly?
    Prime: That's a question you should ask yourself, Megatron.
    edited March 2010
    "Um actually, that was me. My Diaper's gone over to the dark side. I sithed my pants. I made a darth doody. I got pages of these I could go on"

-The most lovable toddler around
    edited March 2010
    Optimus Prime: Megatron must be stopped...no matter the cost.

Megatron: Prime!
    Prime: One shall stand, one shall fall.
    Megatron: Why throw away your life so recklessly?
    Prime: That's a question you should ask yourself, Megatron.

I was just about to use that, good job. So I will go with my favorite scene from the movie instead...

How do you feel mighty Megatron...hunghhh.....Transformers the Movie animated version

Wait, I still function...

Wanna Bet...

Starrrrscreeeaaammmm.... Transformers the Movie animated version
    edited March 2010
    There can be only one. Highlander
    edited March 2010
    Cortana: The message just repeats - "Regret. Regret. Regret."
    Miranda Keyes: Catchy. Any idea what it means?
    Sergeant Johnson: Dear humanity, we regret being alien b*******s, we regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely regret the Corps just blew up our raggedy-TRIBBLE fleet!
    Pilots: Hoo-ra!

Halo 2..
    edited March 2010
    “Rest enough for the individual man, too much and too soon, and we call it death. But for man, no rest and no ending. He must go on, conquest beyond conquest. First this little planet and all its winds and ways, and then all the laws of mind and matter that restrain him. Then the planets about him, and, at last, out across immensities to the stars. And when he has conquered all the deep space, and all the mysteries of time, still he will be beginning.”

- HG Wells.
    edited March 2010
    gaa new teeth i hate getting use to that - Dr Who

You cant drawn you idiot, you're immortal - Highlander

i think we need a bigger boat, - Jaws

In space, no one can hear you scream - Alien (k not a quote per say but that is what people think of when they think of the movie)
    edited March 2010
    a bit of history....in the 60's tv "bleeped" all "off-color" words (you could not even say the word pregnant)............to my knowledge this was the first time it was ever heard in a dramatic series on Prime time television. there were a few news items the next day about it being allowed.

Kirk: Let's get the Hell out of here....

(roll credits)

"City on the Edge of Forever"
    edited March 2010
    Easy miss, I've got you.

You've got me, who's got you? Superman
    edited March 2010
    The cake is a lie.

... >.>
    edited March 2010
    No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us. And early in the twentieth century came the great disillusionment. -HG Wells War of the Worlds

and my all time favorite

All these worlds belong to you, except for Europa, attempt no landing there, - 2010 Odyssey 2
    edited March 2010
    Killjoy: They don't castrate clergy. Just in case.
    Roscoe: Just in case of what?
    Killjoy: Just in case there really is a god.

Jason: Buford?
    Roscoe: Yeah, I've just rebuilt him.
    Jason: Ah, looks good.
    Roscoe: His motor system is .01 milliseconds faster than the finest omega built.
    Jason: I don't ah, mean anything by this, but is there any particuluar reason why he's black?
    Roscoe: Sure, I wanted him to be perfect.

"Ice Pirates"
    edited March 2010
    BSG
    all of this has happened before, and will happen again, and again, and agian...
    edited March 2010
    A person is smart, but people are stupid

Agent K, Men in Black
    edited March 2010
    Montgomery Scott: "I know this ship like the back of my hand..." *donk* - STV
    Quinn Mallory: "We have a plan. We just don't know what it is yet" - Sliders
    Maximilian Arturo: "I am not Mr. Pavarotti. Mr. Pavarotti is an Italian. He speaka lika this. Do I speaka like this? No. Why?!?! Because I'm an Englishman you blistering idiot!!!!" - Sliders
    edited March 2010
    properdave wrote: »
    The cake is a lie.

... >.>

I have the mod that allows you to get the cake.

That cake is not a lie.

I also have the mod that makes the companion cube stab you if you hold it too long.
    edited March 2010
    "We are united in purity of purpose - brothers in more than any name or blood bond. We are the Space Marines of the Imperium we are the gleaming blade in His fist. The shield that protects His works. Never shall we falter in our duty not just to the Imperium but each other."
    -Oath of Loyalty (DoW2)

"And of the Assault Marine so do I decree:

He shall descend upon the perfidious foe as an Angel of Judgment from on high. Let the jump pack be his wings, and the roar of its engines a hymn of retribution.

Let the chainsword be his sceptre of decree, its harsh voice singing joyfully with each and every blow. With it shall the Assault Marine bring bloody retribution to the heretic, the traitor, and all alien aggressors who trespass on the Emperor's domain.

So will the Assault Marine be the hunter of warlords and the slayer of kings. His armour shall run slick with the life-blood of the vanquished, and all shall honour his name."
    - Apocrypha of Skaros -Assault Marines decree
    edited March 2010
    "You'll forgive me, Madam President, if I don't wish to be executed based solely on your... gut feeling." Doctor Gaius Baltar, Battlestar Galactica
    edited March 2010
    Capt. Shane Vansen: McQueen was born with a ka-bar and a Corps tattoo.
    Lt. Paul Wang: Can you imagine if he was anything else? Like a plumber?
    Lt. Paul Wang: [imitating McQueen] Okay, listen up. This one's in the kitchen. I'm here to fix your faucet, so check your six. I'm gonna replace the strainer part, and I'm gonna replace the washer. It's gonna be a real knife fight. Now I'm gonna utilize a monkey wrench and perhaps even a plunger. And when I'm done, you'll have water.
    [McQueen enters]
    Lt. Paul Wang: It'll be hot, and it'll be cold. And one more thing.
    [**** flips table]
    Lt. Paul Wang: It's okay to be scared.
    Lt. Paul Wang: [realizes McQueen is standing behind him] Sir, sir, it... It's the greatest form of flattery. Sir.