this is a scam to me

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Kitsunami wrote: »
    oh for ****s sake.

Shut up and get a grip.

that is EXACTLY the words and feeling on my mind.

give it a ****ing rest. every ****ng day we have this ****..people moaning and it's gettting old. get a refund and do something else
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »
    OP, could you copy and paste what products you have activated in your account panel please? We might be able to offer you some help.

help should be administered when someone has the decency to ask politley
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TROLLLLLLLLLLLL

Well hiya cuteTroll
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    QE2 wrote:
    that is EXACTLY the words and feeling on my mind.

give it a ****ing rest. every ****ng day we have this ****..people moaning and it's gettting old. get a refund and do something else

The reason we have this every day is because there is a problem every day. It's a simple concept, one buys a product and expects it to work. When it doesn't we complain. It's a simple concept, so simple in fact, I'd expect any one to be able to grasp it, but hey, youv'e proven to be the exception.

Here are the facts;

1. None of the servers have been stable since head-start. Not the game servers, not the login servers.
    2. When the servers are up, there is unacceptable lag making game-play choppy.
    3. The award items were offline for 2-3 days.
    4. We were told in CB that more servers were coming online. They never came online.
    5. We were told middle of last week new servers were coming online this weekend. Right now, I'm stuck trying to get in.
    6. Areas required for "noobie" level progress have been offline for days.
    7. Patches have been added that fix one zone but break another.
    8. A queue system was added, but again, that doesn't work correctly either.

Here are the general complaints related to gameplay;

1. The game is shallow; The missions never change. They are copies/clones of the same thing over and over again.

2. There is no crafting.
    3. The Romulan side of the game is incomplete.
    4. The exchange is a joke.
    5. There is no manual.

I could go on and on, but it's fair to say, the whole launch and the game is a mess. That you can post and tell people to get a life is nothing more than indicative of the common teen chat so prevalent in today's society where "value for money" is a concept lost to those who know what it means.

Finally, please refrain from using profanity. You wouldn't get away with it, if we were face to face. There is no reason to believe you will get away with it here. Besides those who revert to using profanity in posts display nothing more than a lack of ability to communicate.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sollisb wrote: »
    The reason we have this every day is because there is a problem every day. It's a simple concept, one buys a product and expects it to work. When it doesn't we complain. It's a simple concept, so simple in fact, I'd expect any one to be able to grasp it, but hey, youv'e proven to be the exception.

Here are the facts;

1. None of the servers have been stable since head-start. Not the game servers, not the login servers.
    4. We were told in CB that more servers were coming online. They never came online.
    5. We were told middle of last week new servers were coming online this weekend. Right now, I'm stuck trying to get in.

Here are the general complaints related to gameplay;

1. The game is shallow; The missions never change. They are copies/clones of the same thing over and over again.

2. There is no crafting.
    3. The Romulan side of the game is incomplete.
    4. The exchange is a joke.
    5. There is no manual.

I could go on and on, but it's fair to say, the whole launch and the game is a mess. That you can post and tell people to get a life is nothing more than indicative of the common teen chat so prevalent in today's society where "value for money" is a concept lost to those who know what it means.

Finally, please refrain from using profanity. You wouldn't get away with it, if we were face to face. There is no reason to believe you will get away with it here. Besides those who revert to using profanity in posts display nothing more than a lack of ability to communicate.

Under #6, what areas are you talking about? The tutorial? one of the sectors? I just played through those areas the last few days and didn't notice any of them missing for days. If you're talking about the K7 bug, they fixed that and the quest to go there was hardly mandatory.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh for ****s sake.

Shut up and get a grip.

Yea, the nerve of someone to be angry at a company for not giving them what they paid for.

Be more of a blight on improvement, please.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can understand the frustration, I too am getting a little pee'd off.
    This is my first MMORPG game, took the leap of faith however it is frustrating.
    However I will persevere and see what happends a month after official release.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    bstiff wrote:
    Under #6, what areas are you talking about? The tutorial? one of the sectors? I just played through those areas the last few days and didn't notice any of them missing for days. If you're talking about the K7 bug, they fixed that and the quest to go there was hardly mandatory.

If I could login (now in my fifth hour of trying) I would and check the names. K7 was one, Rheyton was bugged too, others were online but the missions were in a state where they could not be finished, add to all that, I would guess, 60%+ of the time, I get SERVER CANNOT CONNECT errors and I get dumped to a queue where I wait and wait..

Really.. I am not making this up.. I'd be playing if I could.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ITT people with lifetime subs don't realize they get to skip the queue that everyone else is languishing in.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tain wrote: »
    ITT people with lifetime subs don't realize they get to skip the queue that everyone else is languishing in.

Its not true. Who told you that life timers are not facing queues?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

WoW was in development longer, and beta'ed WAAAY longer, than STO, and it wishes it only had these problems at launch.

1 - Stable? Technically, you're correct, they haven't been truly stable. However, there have been remarkably few crashes. Most of the downtime has been announced maintenance downtime.
    2 - That could just as easily be something on your end.
    3 - Whoopty-freaking-doo.
    4 - More servers did go online. They still need more, because this game is far more popular than they expected.
    5 - I've never, ever experienced a queue, so this isn't exactly standard.
    6 - I have no clue what you're talking about.
    7 - That's the nature of the beast.
    8 - The only truly valid complaint in this particular list.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If I could login (now in my fifth hour of trying) I would and check the names. K7 was one, Rheyton was bugged too, others were online but the missions were in a state where they could not be finished, add to all that, I would guess, 60%+ of the time, I get SERVER CANNOT CONNECT errors and I get dumped to a queue where I wait and wait..

Really.. I am not making this up.. I'd be playing if I could.

Most of those are level-related bugs, and are easily pushed off until you reach the proper level.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Its not true. Who told you that life timers are not facing queues?

Experience. I can log in and out 500 times in a row and not get a queue at any given time of the day. As can my friend who is the one who tipped me off to the situation, who also has a lifetime and has not encountered a queue since beta.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It'll never make sense to me, be it a troll or not. It's obvious by the OP's header that hes unhappy, if you don't like reading it DON"T CLICK ON IT!
    Man of his reasons are legitimate. Perfect case is the Q. Its buggy and broken. If it wasn't I wouldn't be able to sign in and out of 2 or 3 times being told my numbers are well over 500 to wait, then suddenly I get right in.
    The game wasn't even close to be ready for release and the forums are full of reasons. Take off the rose colored glasses and maybe you'll catch on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Experience. I can log in and out 500 times in a row and not get a queue at any given time of the day. As can my friend who is the one who tipped me off to the situation, who also has a lifetime and has not encountered a queue since beta.

I have lifers in my fleet that get hit by the queue, so your experience is not universal. I have read posts by people who are monthly saying they don't hit the queue, either.

However, I have never seen the queue myself, as a lifer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    rdhddva wrote: »
    It'll never make sense to me, be it a troll or not. It's obvious by the OP's header that hes unhappy, if you don't like reading it DON"T CLICK ON IT!
    Man of his reasons are legitimate. Perfect case is the Q. Its buggy and broken. If it wasn't I wouldn't be able to sign in and out of 2 or 3 times being told my numbers are well over 500 to wait, then suddenly I get right in.
    The game wasn't even close to be ready for release and the forums are full of reasons. Take off the rose colored glasses and maybe you'll catch on.

I'm wearing no rose-colored glasses. I've never experienced what OP is talking about. Should it be fixed? Yeah, but crying about something not everyone even sees - or, not everyone who does see it experiences the same problems - isn't going to get it fixed any faster. Neither will adding to the TRIBBLE-ton of threads on the subject.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have lifers in my fleet that get hit by the queue, so your experience is not universal. I have read posts by people who are monthly saying they don't hit the queue, either.

However, I have never seen the queue myself, as a lifer.

I would be curious to know if the lifers that are hitting this queue purchased the sub at its original or later price. Perhaps the exemption only applies to those who took the first offer, before the deal changed.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    WoW was in development longer, and beta'ed WAAAY longer, than STO, and it wishes it only had these problems at launch.

So what your saying is because WoW had problems at launch, what 6 years ago, we should now accept in 2010 that every company releasing a mmo will accept the WoW launch as a yardstick upon which players will judge their games acceptablity?

Maybe the companies are right, judging by you, you find it acceptable, so why should companies strive to be better, there is no need, the average player (you) accept this level of incompetence and unprofessionalism.

I on the other hand, value my earned cash. I expect when I buy a game that it will work and I can connect to it. You either don't give any value to earned cash, or, maybe, you have so much money or someone elses (mommies) that you just don't care.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would be curious to know if the lifers that are hitting this queue purchased the sub at its original or later price. Perhaps the exemption only applies to those who took the first offer, before the deal changed.

Well my friend pays monthly sub and he has not seen queue even once. The whole queue system is broken. Cryptic is not giving lifers any special preference. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm wearing no rose-colored glasses. I've never experienced what OP is talking about. Should it be fixed? Yeah, but crying about something not everyone even sees - or, not everyone who does see it experiences the same problems - isn't going to get it fixed any faster. Neither will adding to the TRIBBLE-ton of threads on the subject.

So, stick our head in the sands, ignore it, it will get fixed. Sometime...

If you don't like the threads, may I suggest you do not read them? After all, you are able to play STO, right?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So, stick our head in the sands, ignore it, it will get fixed. Sometime...

If you don't like the threads, may I suggest you do not read them? After all, you are able to play STO, right?

Turnabout being fair play and all,

If you don't like the game, may I suggest you cancel your subscription? After all, you don't want to spend more money on something you don't like, right?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So what your saying is because WoW had problems at launch, what 6 years ago, we should now accept in 2010 that every company releasing a mmo will accept the WoW launch as a yardstick upon which players will judge their games acceptablity?

Maybe the companies are right, judging by you, you find it acceptable, so why should companies strive to be better, there is no need, the average player (you) accept this level of incompetence and unprofessionalism.

I on the other hand, value my earned cash. I expect when I buy a game that it will work and I can connect to it. You either don't give any value to earned cash, or, maybe, you have so much money or someone elses (mommies) that you just don't care.

As has been stated many, many times, across many, many MMO forums, this is a relatively smooth MMO launch. LOTRO had a better one (supposedly), but that's the only one that seems to have any consensus whatsoever.

I do value my money. That's why I don't spend it on something, unless I'm wiling to deal with any problems that may arise. I also do my research beforehand, so I can get an idea of what to expect.

I'm guessing you didn't do either of those.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

All of the lifers in my Fleet have it from before 2/2, so it isn't the version of the lifetime sub.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As has been stated many, many times, across many, many MMO forums, this is a relatively smooth MMO launch. LOTRO had a better one (supposedly), but that's the only one that seems to have any consensus whatsoever.

I do value my money. That's why I don't spend it on something, unless I'm wiling to deal with any problems that may arise. I also do my research beforehand, so I can get an idea of what to expect.

I'm guessing you didn't do either of those.

Please link me to the many, many, posts where it is stated that this was a smooth launch. The fact is, the launch has not been smooth. Zone going offline, people being disconnected, the server(s) crashing, amount to a smooth launch? I am sorry, but in the world I live in, that is a failure.

Can you tell me where and how, you researched? I would be delighted to see this research material that showed, that the launch would be excellent and value for money. How-ever, even if you could (sic) display such information it would amount to be so untrue as to be useless.

I played OB and CB. While I expect issues in OB and indeed CB, when I finally pay money for something, I expect what I paid for.

Finally, consider this, if LOTRO was smooth, and yes it was, I was there, why can we not expect the same from Cryptic? Hmm? I'm sure you have an answer... ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hmanny wrote: »
    i payed over 100 bucks for the year sub and 50 for the game i never got my borg bridge officer with my retail key and the servers are never online or (like right now) they say they are but they arnt and they say ... we are increaing capacity ..they arnt ! cuz u can never fikin log in:mad::mad:

The bottom line is even if they didnt offer you any of the fluff you would have still pre-order to ensure a copy of the game at release and still spent 50.00 just like those who didnt pre-order. As for the year sub was the price discounted? I am sure you will get all of the fluff you were promised, just not as soon as you would like it.

Cheer up little buckaroo its comming. Would you like some icecream?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Please link me to the many, many, posts where it is stated that this was a smooth launch. The fact is, the launch has not been smooth. Zone going offline, people being disconnected, the server(s) crashing, amount to a smooth launch? I am sorry, but in the world I live in, that is a failure.

Can you tell me where and how, you researched? I would be delighted to see this research material that showed, that the launch would be excellent and value for money. How-ever, even if you could (sic) display such information it would amount to be so untrue as to be useless.

I played OB and CB. While I expect issues in OB and indeed CB, when I finally pay money for something, I expect what I paid for.

Finally, consider this, if LOTRO was smooth, and yes it was, I was there, why can we not expect the same from Cryptic? Hmm? I'm sure you have an answer... ?

First off, do you not know what "relatively" means? In the context I used it means "compared to others." So, what I said was, this was a smooth launch compared to other MMO launches. Now, unless you want to feed some BS to us and say that every MMO launch ever was totally sweet but this one, I was right.

As to how I researched, I checked out other MMO's. I beta tested this game, in both closed and open beta. I've played other MMO's. If you expect me to believe that I should spend money on blind faith and then demand perfection after the fact, I can only say "a fool and his money are easily parted."

As to why we can't expect the same, maybe it's because LOTRO wasn't a game in development by three companies for over a decade, thereby forcing the IP holder (CBS) to demand a particular launch window. The only reason we have this game is that a company that has experience in MMO's already had a viable game engine. If it weren't for that, STO would have died with Perpetual.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    COME ON u know the OP is right.

He paid more then i did, and is NOT getting what he payed for.

So Star Trek Fanboyz - take a step back and see this for what it really is.

another Star Trek game 3/4s baked.

Oh, and im still in the Que - so when can i play ?

If this was free - i wouldn't give a $$$$hit
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    More things to life than playing games. If its not raining. You can go out side. Or watch the tv. Or pet your cat. its a game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    First off, do you not know what "relatively" means? In the context I used it means "compared to others." So, what I said was, this was a smooth launch compared to other MMO launches. Now, unless you want to feed some BS to us and say that every MMO launch ever was totally sweet but this one, I was right.

As to how I researched, I checked out other MMO's. I beta tested this game, in both closed and open beta. I've played other MMO's. If you expect me to believe that I should spend money on blind faith and then demand perfection after the fact, I can only say "a fool and his money are easily parted."

As to why we can't expect the same, maybe it's because LOTRO wasn't a game in development by three companies for over a decade, thereby forcing the IP holder (CBS) to demand a particular launch window. The only reason we have this game is that a company that has experience in MMO's already had a viable game engine. If it weren't for that, STO would have died with Perpetual.

I hear what you are saying... but.. Just because Cryptic have launched a STO mmo, you are willing to accept that it will be garbage, repetitive and crash continually.

I see what you mean about fools and money...

Where one fool goes, other fools shall follow..
  • Options
    edited February 2010

The lifetime subscription has nothing to do with it.

I'm a monthly subscriber, and I've barely seen the queue. And when I have, I just logged out and back in a few times and have gone immediately in.

The queue is borked.

Secondly, if lifers did get to skip the queue, Cryptic would be promoting the hell out of it. And I'm sure they would be getting sign-up's left and right at this point.
This discussion has been closed.