test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

this is a scam to me

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
i payed over 100 bucks for the year sub and 50 for the game i never got my borg bridge officer with my retail key and the servers are never online or (like right now) they say they are but they arnt and they say ... we are increaing capacity ..they arnt ! cuz u can never fikin log in:mad::mad:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oh for ****s sake.

Shut up and get a grip.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hmanny wrote: »
    i payed over 100 bucks for the year sub and 50 for the game i never got my borg bridge officer with my retail key and the servers are never online or (like right now) they say they are but they arnt and they say ... we are increaing capacity ..they arnt ! cuz u can never fikin log in:mad::mad:

**** off moaning!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Have not had a problem logging in all day today or all of yesterday, minus the three hours for server maitenence.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have to admit this is getting to me as well.

There is NO DIFFERENCE at all this weekend with the servers, there just as TRIBBLE now as they were yesterday.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    they are probably watching the pre super bowl stuff and not even online lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010

You do know the GM's were asking around if people weren't getting their rewards right?

Hey I can't get on atm too, but you don't see me making threads that advertise a "F%^& You STO!" vibe... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sever been up all weekend cept the scheduled downtime this morning
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Just logged in, no problems. Capacity now is far greater than in Headstart. Quit your complaining.

The Borg Bridge Officer doesn't come from the retail key. It comes from a separate key that you should have received from the retailer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wait Can I Find That Key In The Box

Who did you order from?

Amazon emailed them. Check your spam folders perhaps?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OP, could you copy and paste what products you have activated in your account panel please? We might be able to offer you some help.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

You know you could leave your computer for a while, maybe go outside... get something to eat, or watch TV for a bit. Then go try and log in... instead of trying every 15 minutes only to get mad that your not able to get in right away.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Funny thing about adding new hardware to an existing setup, is the need to test, integrate and link it. My guess is that any new hardware that's been ordered since OB is currently running on the "Tribble" test server cloud for configuration.

As for the Borg bridge officer, this is a common issue with all bonuses - the retailers decided to throw regulations out of the window and sell more stock than they'd ordered from the distributors.

Take it up with the retailer first, and if they refuse to do anything, then a) flag Trading Standards (or your country's equivalent), and b) explain your problem to Cryptic support, preferably in a mature and reasonable manner. That big fat sticky topic about preorder bonuses is the best place to start.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lol, I'm prophetic. I answered a question before it was asked.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kitsunami wrote: »
    oh for ****s sake.

Shut up and get a grip.

No doubt. Some people's kids....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sorry would have replied to this sooner but i've been playing STO

dont know what game you're trying to log in to, but i've had no issues all weekend with logging in. none at all.

the servers are up and just fine, if you cant connect then its another problem. have you entered your retail key? grace period ended yesterday for the US...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Paxam wrote: »
    The Borg Bridge Officer doesn't come from the retail key. It comes from a separate key that you should have received from the retailer.

I was wondering about this too. After inputting your retail key how/when do you get your borg brtidge officer?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

The product key is on the inside cover of the manual.

Your box and manual should say "Exclusive! Unique bridge officer, Liberated borg will join your ship's crew!" on the upper left corner of each. If that's not printed on the box and manual, then Amazon shipped you a regular copy, not the pre-order version.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh for ****s sake.

Shut up and get a grip.
    Saltesh wrote:
    **** off moaning!!

^ this :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010

To get your borg BOF:

I reccomend contacting cryptic support and letting them know your issue via E-mail. This way they can verify some things with you and most likely get your BOF you are missing credited to your account.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Koriel wrote: »

Your box and manual should say "Exclusive! Unique bridge officer, Liberated borg will join your ship's crew!" on the upper left corner of each. If that's not printed on the box and manual, then Amazon shipped you a regular copy, not the pre-order version.

ya i enterd an got nothing
  • Options
    edited February 2010

You don't mention why you didn't get your Borg bridge officer, I only mention this because a vast majority of the people I know of having this problem are having it on Amazons end not Cryptic some haven't even recieved there box from Amazon yet.
    The servers as I understand them have been stable all week until now and the only queue I ever got was yesterday in the day (while not good is it really worth a complaint that on the busiest day it may take a few minutes to get in?) now if this lasts for the next2 three weeks or so I can see it being worth a complaint.
    Honestly though my suggestion is that if a game has to have a perfect launch don't spend the 50-150-250 because they are still only going to launch about as good as any other game that has ever come before them.
    COH had a mostly flawless launch but I am fairly certain at it's peak it didn't draw the numbers this game is doing now.
    I feel for you though because I am in the same boat (can't log in now)
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Log out, and log back in. When in game click the down arrow next to the mini-map. Look under C-store and click the 2nd tab. Your borg BO should be there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh for ****s sake.

Shut up and get a grip.

Not all of us are sheep and let companies sell us a sub-standard products and take it lieing down.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

ive done that MANY times lol
    Log out, and log back in. When in game click the down arrow next to the mini-map. Look under C-store and click the 2nd tab. Your borg BO should be there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Im in right now, playing, and happy. Sounds like an iossue on your side not mine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ive done that MANY times lol

Then contact Cryptic support so they can sort that out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

This is actually been happening over and over.

If it's not in special unlocks in the c-store and not in your inventory your suppose to go to billing support and put in a ticket. Of course theres been those who have put there tickets on wednesday and still nothing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    buddah7118 wrote:
    Im in right now, playing, and happy. Sounds like an iossue on your side not mine.

It may not be user error. This is a bug that others have reported.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Have you checked the C-store in game for your Borg BO? After you enter your key, you have to log in with another toon, go to the C-store (small arrow on the top right of screen next to the minimap) and claim it. The Borg BO and many of the other items can be selected there (Del Taco shuttle, red matter capacitor, etc.).
This discussion has been closed.