What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"You are not allowed to login to the server at this time"

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Holy F i got it!!! ok so everyone who has been following the 2 of us, in your email you got there are 2 serial keys, and they are different use the one that you did not use before to get it going!! this works!!! GL everyone

And thank you BazD i owe you a beer :)
    Dont go inputing any keys into your gamin card slot. It will not work. You need to use a CC or paypal. They will not charge you for the first month. I actually canceled the account after 30 days so I wont get charged extra.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can't log in ....

Activated Features
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
    Subscriptions

:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And DobieSteven Im in UK but im in Canada in May, Ill have that beer.:p:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BazD wrote:
    Dont go inputing any keys into your gamin card slot. It will not work. You need to use a CC or paypal. They will not charge you for the first month. I actually canceled the account after 30 days so I wont get charged extra.

Haha nope just the C card
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BazD wrote:
    And DobieSteven Im in UK but im in Canada in May, Ill have that beer.:p:D

Well if your in Edmonton Let me know!! and i will
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am having similar error mesages. I ordered the digital deluxe download from atari.com. I believe it was downloaded from digitalriver.com. I received the order confirmation email with two serial #'s. I entered the first one in at STO website and activated during beta (late january 2010). Now that the grace period is over, i can't log into the game. I tried re-entering the serial # in the key field and it said it was already activated. Does this mean I have to purchase a subscription? How / where do I do this?

Thank you,

Bryan
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am having similar error mesages. I ordered the digital deluxe download from atari.com. I believe it was downloaded from digitalriver.com. I received the order confirmation email with two serial #'s. I entered the first one in at STO website and activated during beta (late january 2010). Now that the grace period is over, i can't log into the game. I tried re-entering the serial # in the key field and it said it was already activated. Does this mean I have to purchase a subscription? How / where do I do this?

Thank you,

Bryan

ok in that email there are 2 keys... at least there were in mine one is full of TRIBBLE-TRIBBLE-TRIBBLE-TRIBBLE or w/e and then other is just xxxxxxxxxxx no dashes try that one that worked for me
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Thank you,

Bryan

Try other 25 digit key it will take you to the next billing page
    BTW 30 day grace period isnt over it just started.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ditto.

I'm starting to fear that something bad has happened to people's retail keys and obviously mine. Everyones retailers say the keys are fine but people cannot login. Hmm... let me guess we need to submit tickets? Anyone else still not receiving their bonus items?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I downloaded the Deluxe Digital Download and the CD KEY was "NOT AVAILABLE" so how the hell do I get my CD KEY to play the game, without waiting 10 DAYS for Tech Support to get back to me?

Logic Suggests you offer a FREAKING CD KEY once you pay for the game and if not, then I shouldn't have to go out looking for my key and waiting for a reply. I should have received an email or phone call with my pertinant information prior to launch!

This is just bad business practice.

I also paid for LIFETIME SUB but too bad I don't have the ability to play the game.
    If I have to go out to buy a Boxed Game for a FREAKING KEY just to play, you had better refund my money because I am not waiting 10 days to play!

GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

JasonMcLeodTX@aol.com
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BazD wrote:
    Looks like it doesnt like your CC. I used PayPal and got thru fine.

I do not know why as my CC is used every day by me, from gasoline to food to smokes to booze. I have never had any issue with it. I do not use paypal for anything and nor do I intend to in the near future. The less money I keep from greedy hands belongs to me, no one else. In the case of STO, I am willing to pay for it to enjoy it. I have created a ticket, but I doubt that will help. If this does not get resolved by the time I leave for my trip on Friday, I am getting rid of the game. This is crazy as to why I am not able to login and have fun.

I know they are billing my card because I get this from my online bank statement:

Pending CHECKCARD CS CHAMPIONS
    ONLIN 408-399-1969 ... -$1.00

That for sure looks like it is charging my CC alright!!!!! ANd the 408 area code is only 30 miles south of me as I am in the 415. CS Champions is Cryptic Studios.

Tell me what is wrong with this?!?!?!?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have not received my constitution class with my preorder
    I have not received all my uniforms
    I have not received my red matter buff
    Now I cannot log in...

DID I MAKE A MISTAKE BUYING A LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION????

* Star Trek Online - Preorder
    * Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Theres quite a few remedies on these pages just go and read thru a few of em . Lifetime members seem to be hit the hardest and Ive not seen a fix for them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok in that email there are 2 keys... at least there were in mine one is full of TRIBBLE-TRIBBLE-TRIBBLE-TRIBBLE or w/e and then other is just xxxxxxxxxxx no dashes try that one that worked for me

I got a hard copy from Gamestop after preordering it.

This is what my account says

Activated Features
    Subscriptions

but when I activated the key it had told me the key activation was successful.

I tried reentering it but it didn't do anything.

I also cannot find how to submit a billing ticket. Where do I do this, I looked all over the site.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yeayea911 wrote: »
    I do not know why as my CC is used every day by me, from gasoline to food to smokes to booze. I have never had any issue with it. I do not use paypal for anything and nor do I intend to in the near future. The less money I keep from greedy hands belongs to me, no one else. In the case of STO, I am willing to pay for it to enjoy it. I have created a ticket, but I doubt that will help. If this does not get resolved by the time I leave for my trip on Friday, I am getting rid of the game. This is crazy as to why I am not able to login and have fun.

I know they are billing my card because I get this from my online bank statement:

That for sure looks like it is charging my CC alright!!!!! ANd the 408 area code is only 30 miles south of me as I am in the 415. CS Champions is Cryptic Studios.

Tell me what is wrong with this?!?!?!?

You should be able to log on then. That proves you have activated your account. The $1.00 will be either put back or not taken out, its just to verify your card.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform
    * Star Trek Online - Digital Retail

Subscriptions

* Recurring 1-Month ACTIVE
    Next Billing Date: Mar 11 2010
    PayPal
    Change this subscription

My account says ACTIVE and I CAN log in to the game. Does yours say this too? or is it blank?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    CANNOT Login

Activated Features

* Star Trek Online Del Taco Promotion C

Subscriptions

• Options
    edited February 2010
    My subscriptions has an empty bullet but when i use my key it tells me i already paid for 12months and wants me to buy a 2nd year. Hopefully with over 1k replies they will resolve our problems
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have not received my constitution class with my preorder
    I have not received all my uniforms
    I have not received my red matter buff
    Now I cannot log in...

DID I MAKE A MISTAKE BUYING A LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION????

I haven't received anything either, at least I got my del taco combo meal with a shuttle that is good for nothing. A shuttle pet... who's brilliant idea was that one.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cpt_Aaron wrote:
    CANNOT Login

Activated Features

* Star Trek Online Del Taco Promotion C

Subscriptions

YOu guys have not activated your keys . A second 25 digit number with no dashes.
    Buy a 1 month subscription but choose the option to cancel after 1 month.( 1 month grace) You will not get charged and you can play.
    I did just that and I can log in,
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BazD wrote:
    YOu guys have not activated your keys . A second 25 digit number with no dashes.
    Buy a 1 month subscription but choose the option to cancel after 1 month.( 1 month grace) You will not get charged and you can play.
    I did just that and I can log in,

Correct! There is a problem in the way steam sends the key to the form on STO when I go to "manage game account". If I manually type out the key it works! bingo!. Man, I had tried to activate that key so many times and it told me it was already activated... Weird, but I'm fixed. :D

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cpt_Aaron wrote:
    Correct! There is a problem in the way steam sends the key to the form on STO when I go to "manage game account". If I manually type out the key it works! bingo!. Man, I had tried to activate that key so many times and it told me it was already activated... Weird, but I'm fixed. :D

Thanks!

Great work see you in game :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    HexCaliber wrote: »
    The key comes with the retail version of the game and has nothing to do with your subscription. If you pre ordered you should receive two keys; your first key was for open beta and head start access, the second, the retail key which is required to play after the grace period. If you purchased the full game after the 2nd, you only require one key, the one from your boxed copy or mail from the digital vendor.

If your account details show a pre order key and nothing else you are missing a retail key, a life sub doesn’t automatically grant you access to play the game, the retail key is still required; this small detail seems to have eluded a number of life subbers.

I purchased the Digital delux pre order from Atari.com store so I could play some Beta and Pre Start but only received one emailed key! I've put a ticket in, contacted Atari.com store Customer Service but not a single reply to anything sent so far. :(

This is totally borked!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Does anyone know if Cryptic is actually working on this problem?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

EDIT: Yes you have to have a valid credit card to activate your retail key.
    We do not charge the credit cards, but we need them in case you do want reoccuring billing.
    (I am probably going to get in trouble for saying this)
    If you are worried about charges simply activate the account then immediately cancel. This will give you the 30 free days that come with your retail copy, then you will not have to worry about being charged unless you want to.

edit 2: thank you for the .com catch, I fixed it.

I've already activated my serial key, but I was never prompted for a credit card, where do I go to sign up for a monthly subscription so I can login?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    radzio wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Cryptic is actually working on this problem?

Insert your retail key and not you preorder key.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I ordered the Deluxe Digital Download from Atari and only received ONE key and now I cannot log in. I tried to submit a ticket but the website will not let me.
    Yes I am a Lifetime Subscriber.

Activated Features
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription

Product Name
    Star Trek Online Deluxe Edition - Digital Download
    Serial Number: Not Available

HOWEVER I found my particular problem. The email with the second number came from service@digitalriver instead of the original Atari emails I had been getting. Also the number there is not listed as the product key but as the SERIAL number and they are right next to each other.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hinyackas wrote:
    I've already activated my serial key, but I was never prompted for a credit card, where do I go to sign up for a monthly subscription so I can login?

Alright see if you have the same issue I had.
    I purchased the digital download and get the same message you are getting.

I put in my 25 digit code and that got me to play the game.
    A week later they sent me another code.
    I input this is the key code inputer thingy.
    It took me to the subscription page
    DO NOT INPUT YOUR GAME CODES IN THE GAME SLOT CARD TIME SLOT HERE IT WONT WORK.
    instead, BUY more eg 1 month..
    They will not charge you for our 1st month, only after your 30 days are up. (your grace period)
    then play the damn game.

it works if done right.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BazD wrote:
    Insert your retail key and not you preorder key.

I did insert my retail key and nothing
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well I tried again and this time it gave me the page saying,

You are subscribing to:
    Star Trek Online - Retail
    With 30 free days

Then I go to account and it doesn't include it.

I tried again and added billing info but it said it was declined. Isn't it not suppose to bill until 30 days are up. And what if I don't want a stupid subscription cause I hate paying online and want to buy game cards. Do they make life time subscription game cards?