test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"You are not allowed to login to the server at this time"

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Bought my collectors edition, punched in the key a week ago, and also today just in case and still not able to log in
    edited February 2010
    radzio wrote: »
    Bought my collectors edition, punched in the key a week ago, and also today just in case and still not able to log in
    Again, you punched in the game time, you need to punch in the proof of purchase from the box another 25 digit number.
    edited February 2010
    below is what I see after I enter my key. I already subscibed but it seems to keep asking me. Also it lets me enter the key over and over again just as if it is not recognizing it.

You are subscribing to:
    Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition
    With 30 free days
    edited February 2010
    This is the biggest load of BULLS**T I have ever seen. COme on Cryptic, get off you TRIBBLE$ and fix this login issue. I have put in my CDKEY 4 times and no luck. I played last night no issue, now I cannot play at all!!!!

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF !?!?!?!?!?!?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

FIx your wonky servers so we can all enjoy this game or I will toss mine in the scrap heap....
    edited February 2010
    I also have entered my retail key two times and #1 when I check it does not show on my Character.. # 2 I still cannot get on the server:mad:

Also I paid for a 1 year sub.. BIGGGGGG MIstake I fear:mad:
    edited February 2010
    Ok I pre-ordered the game from GameStop and I created and validated an account and subscribed to a Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription through PayPal on February 1st and played in the Open beta and the head start. I picked up the game on release day and began playing, everything worked fine, except I did not receive my pre-order bonus. This called into question whether the retail key was inputted and activated, but I was unable to tell because of vagueness on the part of the website. Now that the Grace period is over I cannot enter the game I continue to get the "You are not allowed to login to the server at this time" message I am still not entirely sure if the retail key is active but I am hesitant to got through the process because I have already paid for a recurring subscription and won’t be charged again for something I have already paid for.
    PLEASE HELP I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THE GAME
    edited February 2010
    My problem started this morning. I get the "message" everytime I try to play. I bought through Atari on line. I opted for the life time membership. The money has been taken from my credit card for both the game and the membership. I also have none of the promised bonuses.
    edited February 2010
    same problem here! do i have to start a subscription now? I thought we receved a month free with digital download?
    edited February 2010
    the game comes with 2 keys. try both. If it didnt, you got screwed.
    edited February 2010
    also, could it be beta software... im downloading game yet again
    edited February 2010
    I'm getting the message as well that I can't log in.
    edited February 2010
    henoshi wrote: »
    same problem here! do i have to start a subscription now? I thought we receved a month free with digital download?
    you have to enter a valid credit card to continue playing, they dont charge until the 30 days is over. Only then can you play the game. it seems.
    edited February 2010
    I already used the product key, set up a regular payment plan, and yet I still get the curssed notice. This is a read annoyance. Please fix this soon. Good luck.
    edited February 2010
    Ok I pre-ordered the game from GameStop and I created and validated an account and subscribed to a Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription through PayPal on February 1st and played in the Open beta and the head start. I picked up the game on release day and began playing, everything worked fine, except I did not receive my pre-order bonus. This called into question whether the retail key was inputted and activated, but I was unable to tell because of vagueness on the part of the website. Now that the Grace period is over I cannot enter the game I continue to get the "You are not allowed to login to the server at this time" message I am still not entirely sure if the retail key is active but I am hesitant to got through the process because I have already paid for a recurring subscription and won’t be charged again for something I have already paid for.
    PLEASE HELP I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THE GAME

the retail key on the inside cover of the manual that came with the game log in go here and imput it
    http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
    edited February 2010
    johnkoffie wrote:
    My problem started this morning. I get the "message" everytime I try to play. I bought through Atari on line. I opted for the life time membership. The money has been taken from my credit card for both the game and the membership. I also have none of the promised bonuses.

you still need to input the retail key
    edited February 2010
    Nadoka wrote:
    the retail key on the inside cover of the manual that came with the game log in go here and imput it
    http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

WE ALL NO HOW TO ACTIVATE IT STILL DOESNT WORK
    edited February 2010
    henoshi wrote: »

you do but you still have to subscribe to the game
    Subscription Required - 30 Day trial included with purchase.
    edited February 2010
    Nadoka wrote:

Well what happens when you input your retail key (On steam if you right click the game it gives me both the retail and beta key) I put in the retail key and still am locked out.....
    edited February 2010
    yeayea911 wrote: »
    This is the biggest load of BULLS**T I have ever seen. COme on Cryptic, get off you TRIBBLE$ and fix this login issue. I have put in my CDKEY 4 times and no luck. I played last night no issue, now I cannot play at all!!!!

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF !?!?!?!?!?!?

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

FIx your wonky servers so we can all enjoy this game or I will toss mine in the scrap heap....
    i agree alot

FIX IT CRYPTIC
    edited February 2010
    Your link is missing the ".com"

when I enter (re-enter, really) the retail code I got from Direct2Drive when I downloaded the game, I get the following message:

This product key is already active, it cannot be used again.

...an this is the second time this morning I have tried this, with the same result.

I WANT to choose a subscription plan, but I am not able to. The account page has no clickable link to get to that.

Additional information:
    the account "dashboard"

Products Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Subscriptions

I did go and check Direct2Drive to see if there was some sort of pending or missing code, and there are none.

Same problem here, can't get into the game. Got my key from D2D, and it says it's already activated.
    Do we have an ETA for this fix or do I get to be pist off now?

-avery
    edited February 2010
    hmanny wrote: »
    WE ALL NO HOW TO ACTIVATE IT STILL DOESNT WORK

read the original post he did not
    edited February 2010
    Nadoka wrote:
    ok stop stating the the ovius
    edited February 2010
    Nadoka wrote:
    read the original post he did not
    and stop trying to be a smartass you are not having any problems and you arnt helping anyone!:mad:
    edited February 2010
    well hmanny ill just go play since i can and not help anymore
    edited February 2010
    TYVM wrote:
    "If you are still unable to log in after activating your retail key please post in this thread so I can have you all in one place and not scattered about. It'll make helping you all much faster."

Well.......still got the error "you are not allowed to log in at this time" and am on the phone on never ending hold with Cryptic...65 mins so far..........hope I can get this resolved......wanna resume playing

whats the number to Cryptic I want to give them a call to.
    edited February 2010
    My key has been activated since the 2nd. I am now getting the cannot log in at this time error.

I preordered the collector's edition from gamestop, but I have never been given any of the bonuses, connie, uniforms, red matter cap, nothing. Now I cannot log in.

Seriously, get your TRIBBLE together. How is it possible that an invalid CD key got into a collector's edition preorder?

Not making a good impression here to wow me into reupping my sub.
    edited February 2010
    radzio wrote: »
    whats the number to Cryptic I want to give them a call to.

Don't do it mate,either constant "sorry we can not take your call right now as all our lines are busy"after 10 minute's of waiting,or worse still a 3hour wait for someone to say they can not help you.
    edited February 2010
    I am unable to log in as well, I had the problem 2 days ago and got in to the server after many tries. Now I am unable to get into the server at all. I have attempted to reactivate my code on digital download and I am told that it is activated. With the snow this week it would have been nice to be able to spend the day playing this game.
    edited February 2010
    YOu have to have a valid credit card to subscribe but dont get charged until 30 days is up. Its setup very poorly by Cryptic morons
    edited February 2010
    Sinhealer wrote:
    Don't do it mate,either constant "sorry we can not take your call right now as all our lines are busy"after 10 minute's of waiting,or worse still a 3hour wait for someone to say they can not help you.

Thanks for the heads up mate.