test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem whit login

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i purchased pre-order, i entered my key ( digital d/l) it shows beta and pre-order activated, i dont see a subscription option on my account. some one help an old guy out with instructions
    edited February 2010
    HESA_HEART wrote: »
    i purchased pre-order, i entered my key ( digital d/l) it shows beta and pre-order activated, i dont see a subscription option on my account. some one help an old guy out with instructions

there seems to be a problem with this right now. I would submit a ticket, or even better, call cryptics billing department (faster that way) to see if they can fix it for you
    edited February 2010
    Summit wrote: »
    they are making you put in your billing info, but are not charging

My bank posted the transaction to my account last time I check. So unless I'm missing something I believe I paid already.
    edited February 2010
    .Spartan wrote: »
    My bank posted the transaction to my account last time I check. So unless I'm missing something I believe I paid already.

you and I have a lifetime sub, so we didn't have to go through this. They don't need our info as they will not be billing us anymore
    edited February 2010
    Duit28 wrote: »
    I do have to choose a subscription, a creditcard or a valid gamecard to register my retail key. Since i got it from steam i dont have a "box". Since i dont have a creditcard, ill have to buy a gamecard

That is flat out wrong - especially so given you have the DDE version. Submit a ticket to Steam and one to Cryptic (Dont know when it will get responded to however - two weeks in the going rate from what I understand).
    edited February 2010
    It's just a complete joke that a Cryptic employee doesn't even know how their own game and account system works.

If your account is locked, then you wouldn't even be able to log into the launcher itself! It has always been that way.

It's just sickening that they try to cover up their server issues, by saying it's because the Grace Period is over, while for the majority it's not! :mad:
    edited February 2010
    you and I have a lifetime sub, so we didn't have to go through this. They don't need our info as they will not be billing us anymore

The problem is I'm locked out since I dont have my box key in hand yet. Christ, I even told Cryptic to charge me for another copy just open my account.

Anyway, I agree with you I should not have this issue at all.
    edited February 2010
    did u make sure that you put in your retail key? The keys that were shipped out on the 2nd of Feb, and comes in the game box

I got the D2D version (digital). I was sent two different emails from them, a key for the beta/preorder and another, both are the same.
    edited February 2010
    Duit28 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

i have the same problem logging in to the game. So i checked my registered keys en saw that mij retail version wasnt registered yet. So i click on the " redeem your key" button and try to register my retail key.

It says i'm trying to redeem Star Trek Online - Digital Retail
    With 30 free days (wich is correct). But i cant complete the register before i choose a subscription? I have 30 days free so i dont want a subscription yet. I just want my 30 days free playing

Does anyone know if this is true? i tried making a ticket but that somehow doesnt work

you need to enter yourcc info for the system, you must choose a plan
    but you wont pay a thing til the 30 days is up(you can even cancel right away and still get your 30 days til you decide late what plan to choose)

this is normal in mmos
    edited February 2010
    I got the D2D version (digital). I was sent two different emails from them, a key for the beta/preorder and another, both are the same.

thats odd. Well i've never purchased a digital copy, so I'm not sure if I can help your. Only thing I can suggest is put in your key again and hope its a retail key, lol I don't know, but it couldn't hurt,
    edited February 2010

He's speaking of the monthly fee. Of course you already paid, you purchased the lifetime. However, you do not have a retail key yet. Is that cryptics fault? No.
    edited February 2010
    I ordered the pre-order, plaid the beta, and up until last night I was plating under the pre-order grace period. Today the grace period has expired and I can no longer play because Bet Buy has not yet delivered my real key. I traced the order and it shows that it shipped Feb. 4th and is enroute. I would hope that Cryptic would extend the grace period for a few more days at least until people like me actually receive their orders.
    edited February 2010
    No, it is not Cryptics fault that Best Buy has not delivered my retail key yet.
    edited February 2010
    thats odd. Well i've never purchased a digital copy, so I'm not sure if I can help your. Only thing I can suggest is put in your key again and hope its a retail key, lol I don't know, but it couldn't hurt,

When you buy digital copy only, ith any MMO, you gt one code. That's it... one code. And wit the other digital download games I've bought (Matrix Online, CoH/CoV, DDO, LotRO, Champions Online, etc) when you enter the preorder/retail code, you also immediately enter credit card information, and choose your subscription plan... all before you are let into the game.

But someone really dropped the ball in the Grand Canyon on this game.

I entered my preorder/retail key for open beta, put in the cc info, and was not even allowed to choose a subscription plan. Not then, and not now.
    edited February 2010
    johnbsys wrote: »
    I ordered the pre-order, plaid the beta, and up until last night I was plating under the pre-order grace period. Today the grace period has expired and I can no longer play because Bet Buy has not yet delivered my real key. I traced the order and it shows that it shipped Feb. 4th and is enroute. I would hope that Cryptic would extend the grace period for a few more days at least until people like me actually receive their orders.

They will, if you speak to the billing department as they have said countless times. They should not give more blanket free time to those who have been playing for free.
    edited February 2010

I bought the same digital from D2D Version you did. My two keycodes were not the same, they weren't even formatted the same. Make sure you didn't just have the system re-send you your pre-order key, because it will happily do that from now to eternity. You will have to log into your direct2drive account and click on the download entry that does NOT say preorder, it will email you the correct code.
    edited February 2010
    It turns out that for this game, Direct2Drive DID have a second, seperate key code for live account activation.

You need to go to your Direct2Drive account, and click the blue [Download] button, which wll open a page containing, in addition to a link to download the game, te post-release retail code for your account.

Use this code (copy/paste) in the link from the STO main page, the bannr on the right side that says "active your code", and you will get to select a subscription plan, and so on.

My apologies for any unwarranted nastiness.
    edited February 2010
    I have played MMO's back to Meridan 59 (DAOC, M59, UO, EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, CO, STO, LOTRO, AoC, WAR, and AO).

Only the newer games I've played had pre-order bonus, headstarts, that I participated in (LOTRO, AoC, WAR), by no means is Cryptic billing system any different then the others I've played. Since actual Feb2 launch I have not had a single problem logging in, playing, getting booted, being queued etc.

A gaming buddy of mine bought the Atari Digital download and he had the same not allowed to login message, it was a very simple matter of looking at his bill and he noticed what Atari called the serial number was actually his retail key code. He entered that and bam he was in.

It doesn't matter what you bought physical or digital retail the process was all the same:

Enter pre-order code, choose limited sub offer if desired.
    Enter retail key, must choose a sub and enter CC info (you won't be billed till 30d is up)

This is the way almost every MMO I've played has worked, if you are so paranoid that Atari/Cryptic is going to overcharge you, cancel you sub after entering in the CC info, you will be able to play for 30d because of the retail key, and then the sub with not auto-renew.

Cheers
    edited February 2010
    Ethatu wrote:
    He's speaking of the monthly fee. Of course you already paid, you purchased the lifetime. However, you do not have a retail key yet. Is that cryptics fault? No.

I'm of the opinion it is to be frank. They are responsible to get it to market; the means and manner they select. If they start to do business (aka take people money) for services then they need to provide those services. Additionally, remember we are NOT buying a product we are buying a license. It is 100% digital, the media is meaningless and is merely a distro platform - one of a couple Cryptic selected. Now when they have proof a customer paid for the service and then actively refuse to provide the service without some code from a third party it is their fault. Who decided the grace period? Who decided vendors? Who decided on the service system ? Not I.
    edited February 2010
    I'm of the opinion it is to be frank. They are responsible to get it to market; the means and manner they select. If they start to do business (aka take people money) for services then they need to provide those services. Additionally, remember we are NOT buying a product we are buying a license. It is 100% digital, the media is meaningless and is merely a distro platform - one of a couple Cryptic selected. Now when they have proof a customer paid for the service and then actively refuse to provide the service without some code from a third party it is their fault. Who decided the grace period? Who decided vendors? Who decided on the service system ? Not I.

You decided who to buy it from.
    edited February 2010
    Problem is, the system will not accept a credit card if it's maxed, or the amount of a month is not available on it. The card may be fine, in good standing, but the system refuses even though you aren't to be charged for another month anyway.

This happened to me, I had to make a large CC purchase, which I will pay off on Tuesday, but since my card was at the limit, Cryptic refused it. I think that is stupid, the card is valid, and shouldn't be charged for 30 days. Even if it wasn't cleared up at the end of 30 days, just cut me off then, not before I even get to set up my sub.

Here is another ***** about this system. Since my card was rejected for this reason, my key is going to show as "already in use" because they process the key before taking your billing info. So I just know that when I go to activate on Tuesday, that's the error I'll get.

Tickets go unanswered, phone calls go to hold (at premium rate!) until they just hang up on you....This is some serious frustration.

I'm starting to feel this game is not worth dealing with Cryptic to play, it's just to much frustration.

Answer my GD tickets Cryptic!
    edited February 2010
    Ethatu wrote:
    You decided who to buy it from.

I do not in fact. I chose from a relatively small selection of vendors that have business relations with the publisher. Relations which are supposedly there to insure the product gets to market and by extension to customers as expected. A decision is not a really a decision when one has no say in the options at hand.

You see if I could really decide who to buy it from, I would always get it from the developer and if the developer and the publisher happen to be one in the same - outstanding.
    edited February 2010

You could have bought from a different retailer, or if you want to play right now, go register for steam and buy another copy.
    edited February 2010
    I do not in fact. I chose from a relatively small selection of vendors that have business relations with the publisher. A decision is not a really a decision when one has no say in the options at hand.

You see if I could really decide who to buy it from, I would always get it from the developer and if the developer and the publisher happen to be one in the same - outstanding.

You were somehow unable to purchase a digital copy?
    edited February 2010
    Ethatu wrote:
    You were somehow unable to purchase a digital copy?

Yeah. I currently reside in Tokyo and because my IP address is not from a preapproved block of numbers I cant purchase some things (mainly games and TV shows) from big companies such as EA, Atari, Ubi, -etc... because of bullcrap distro deals and regional marketing plans that are from a long dead marketing dinosaur system but I digress... The sad part is I'll never be part of the local market.

Anyway, hell despite my passionate hatred for such practices, I'm even will to accept such TRIBBLE (to a degree (before looking outside of "legal" ways to acquire a product) but base the sell on the country of issue for the bank approving the transaction and not the IP address of the order. To me the situation is akin to someone placing a phone order from a cell phone for their house and being told only landline orders are accepted. It is TRIBBLE.
    edited February 2010
    I am receiving the same message. I purchased the game through steam and hold a lifetime subscription. Why is it so difficult for Cryptic to provide their service?
    edited February 2010
    Any idea when the "You are not allowed to login to server" is going to be resolved? Spouse and I both have lifetime subscriptions and are getting same message. We both verified our keys are active (tried to enter key again and it said it is already activated).
    edited February 2010
    garyj4 wrote: »
    Any idea when the "You are not allowed to login to server" is going to be resolved? Spouse and I both have lifetime subscriptions and are getting same message. We both verified our keys are active (tried to enter key again and it said it is already activated).

contact cryptic about it(as has been said many times if you missed it) and they can sort it out for you real quick
    edited February 2010
    Well I get no "Error message", the Launcher has just been connecting for half an Hour.
    edited February 2010
    which key did you enter, the preoder key, the retail key, or both?

Yeah, that was my bad. I only entered preorder. Having two keys for the same game confused me and the second one came later which I didn't pay attention to. Once I entered the second key the billing process came up and all was good.

The other issue I had was I was looking for a billing link or some link that would give me more account info letting me know exactly what my current sub was. The dashboard isn't informative enough and I had to use an outside link to get the enter key screen. I would suggest redesigning the account interface. I've played many of mmo's from beta to live and never had a problem or issue with setup until now.

I would be willing to guess that more people have done exactlly what I did.
This discussion has been closed.