test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem whit login

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Good morning gentlemen of Cryptic Today also I having problems to connect "you are not allowed to log into this server at this time." I paid for a pre-order and subscription for 12 months. I ask you, you are able to maintain the effort you have taken? On days that I paid and I was not allowed to have them consider it as a gift? I hope that history will not repeat as in other MMORG. STO I like but I will not be mocked.

Forgebane.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Forgebane wrote: »
    Good morning gentlemen of Cryptic Today also I having problems to connect "you are not allowed to log into this server at this time." I paid for a pre-order and subscription for 12 months. I ask you, you are able to maintain the effort you have taken? On days that I paid and I was not allowed to have them consider it as a gift? I hope that history will not repeat as in other MMORG. STO I like but I will not be mocked.

Forgebane.

i think you need to think before you post :/ Nobody is mocking you. As for maintaining effort.. i dont understand.

There is a problem with the login server. There are thousands of people ingame currently, and just a small handful with this problem. Just keep trying to login, and youll get there. Chances are, cryptic knows about this problem, and will have it fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A handful? Through subscriptions that require an advance payment to the Cryptic is able to know the extent of the number of its users. Regarding attempts to login, it takes from 1 to me slamming the door shut in my face. The fact that the Cryptic know the problem does not give me any comfort, I hope that for the time paid does not make us Cryptic enjoyed on a nice little thought. In my area the customer is always right.

Forgebane,
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Today is the day we shut off the grace period the head start of STO.

You can read about it here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=107021

Currently you have to have a full retail key activated on your account to play.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dear GM I have paid a subscription of 12 months at the official page, I have to validate with a new key to my annual subscription?

Tnx yuo for help.

Forgebane
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dear GM I have paid a subscription of 12 months at the official page, I have to validate with a new key to my annual subscription?

Tnx yuo for help.

Forgebane

you have to input your retail key in order to properly activate your account
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Tnx yuo for help.

Forgebane

Yes. The subscription pays for the monthly fee, you must still buy the game and activate the key.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    there are lots and lots of us with full retail keys and live subscriptions getting the same "unable to logon" message, so whats the problem then, been trying for the past 90 minutes without success.

We need a solution
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    gm indigo fire you dont do any account billing stuff do you by any chance?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes. The subscription pays for the monthly fee, you must still buy the game and activate the key.

Since my ticket has gone unanswered, could you answer a question for me?

I had a problem with my CC on entering my key. I have to wait till Tuesday to enter my key when the issue is solved, will the system think my "key is in use" because it processes before you get to enter CC info.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Summit wrote: »
    you have to input your retail key in order to properly activate your account

Which I think is 100% BS if you have paid Cryptic for a subscription already. They know you have the preorder key, they know you dont plan on leaving when the retail key runs out since you already gave them the money up front so why lock such people out? It just seems like a big huge bitc' slap to me.

Shoot I'm locked out as well and I have a LT sub! The money has already left my bank for the sub and the box which is apparently late due to UPS (which cost me more than the CE price to ship to me) and not Amazon, yet I cant get access to the game right now.

Simply put, it is flat out wrong to lock out people with prepaid subs. This is more so given the distro & shipping situation for the product that was beyond our control. We are the victims here and it is like Cryptic is punishing us for being a victim.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    .Spartan wrote: »
    Which I think is 100% BS if you have paid Cryptic for a subscription already. They know you have the preorder key, they know you dont plan on leaving when the retail key runs out since you already gave them the money up front so why lock such people out? It just seems like a big huge bitc' slap to me.

Shoot I'm locked out as well and I have a LT sub! The money has already left my bank for the sub and the box which is apparently late due to UPS (which cost me more than the CE price to ship to me) and not Amazon, yet I cant get access to the game right now.

Simply put, it is flat out wrong to lock out people with prepaid subs. This is more so given the distro & shipping situation for the product that was beyond our control. We are the victims here and it is like Cryptic is punishing us for being a victim.

Keep in mind that people preordered, got the preorder key, and then canceled their preorder. They still have the key, and never purchased the game. Every MMO i've played does the same thing that Cryptic is doing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

So I have to pay £30 for the game and then pay £10.43 (more than any other MMO in the UK ) per month but because someone has decided to cough up 16 month's worth of fees ( at the much cheaper US price ) that they can do it without actually buying the game? What are you smoking?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Keep in mind that people preordered, got the preorder key, and then canceled their preorder. They still have the key, and never purchased the game. Every MMO i've played does the same thing that Cryptic is doing.

Except the whole 'having the account page not working so people can actually select a subscription plan', or the 'you've already bought the game, payed for a subscription,and we still arekeeping you out' things....
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I understand that; which is why I stated people who also prepaid for subs. There is no logic to do that then cancel the box order - at least not in my world...
    So I have to pay £30 for the game and then pay £10.43 (more than any other MMO in the UK ) per month but because someone has decided to cough up 16 month's worth of fees ( at the much cheaper US price ) that they can do it without actually buying the game? What are you smoking?

I think someone is projecting.... :o
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just rechecked my subscription details and i realy didnt register my retail key.

I just had the preorder key registerd.

Funny , sincei could have sworn that i did everything right.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

You haven't played many mmo's then, because this method is by no means the standard way of handling things.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ashikaga wrote:
    You haven't played many mmo's then, because this method is by no means the standard way of handling things.

I meant purchasing the game, in puting a retail key and the paying for a subscription
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been trying to login for the past hour as well, still not allowed. i entered my activation key since the pre start of STO. can you guys please do something about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NoJati wrote:
    I've been trying to login for the past hour as well, still not allowed. i entered my activation key since the pre start of STO. can you guys please do something about it.

I don't think that was the retail key since they keys wern't given out till Feb 2. The retail key is the key you get from the game box
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cant login either

Not allowed to log into this server at this time
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hello everyone,

i have the same problem logging in to the game. So i checked my registered keys en saw that mij retail version wasnt registered yet. So i click on the " redeem your key" button and try to register my retail key.

It says i'm trying to redeem Star Trek Online - Digital Retail
    With 30 free days (wich is correct). But i cant complete the register before i choose a subscription? I have 30 days free so i dont want a subscription yet. I just want my 30 days free playing

Does anyone know if this is true? i tried making a ticket but that somehow doesnt work
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've bought the game though digital download + preorder, entered my key, and I can't log in today.

Even if I needed to setup a sub (which I can't do because of Cryptic's continous fail), I should still have 30 days free activity.

I see no reason for being locked out at this time. They should at least reverse the lock out until they've fixed their billing site issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes they are having you input your payment info, but they will not charge you will after your free 30 days are up
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MrSpook wrote:
    I've bought the game though digital download + preorder, entered my key, and I can't log in today.

Even if I needed to setup a sub (which I can't do because of Cryptic's continous fail), I should still have 30 days free activity.

I see no reason for being locked out at this time. They should at least reverse the lock out until they've fixed their billing site issues.

which key did you enter, the preoder key, the retail key, or both?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok, thx for the info. but i dont have a creditcard. this means i have to buy a gamecard before my 30 days are even up?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I cant log in but my key is acivated. makes sense =/
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You get 30 days with the "box" since you are buying a time based license and not the game contrary to popular belief. You should not have to subscribe to activate the license. If that is the case then someone really jumped the shark on the marketing end.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I cant log in but my key is acivated. makes sense =/

did u make sure that you put in your retail key? The keys that were shipped out on the 2nd of Feb, and comes in the game box
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You get 30 days with the "box" since you are buying a time based license and not the game contrary to popular belief. You should not have to subscribe to activate the license. If that is the case then someone really jumped the shark on the marketing end.

they are making you put in your billing info, but are not charging
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I do have to choose a subscription, a creditcard or a valid gamecard to register my retail key. Since i got it from steam i dont have a "box". Since i dont have a creditcard, ill have to buy a gamecard
This discussion has been closed.