test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

USS Enterprise SHIP model graphic IS CHEAP.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    check your c-store.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    :confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    KLockheed wrote: »
    Must agree that the font is wrong... the original series used Eurostyle for a lot of the ship registry etc. (Not sure if the original one shown in the smithsonian has that font on it). The Starfleet Technical Manual circa 1976 however used it extensively for ship designations etc. I think they should model it, but more than anything, I want a playable game first. ;)

actually, no, the SFTM does not use the correct font, the font used on the actual miniature is a slightly modified version of the Amarillo USAF typeface, I don't know for sure if that's the font they used in game though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ACES_HIGH wrote: »
    actually, no, the SFTM does not use the correct font, the font used on the actual miniature is a slightly modified version of the Amarillo USAF typeface, I don't know for sure if that's the font they used in game though.

You're right.

http://trekmovie.com/images/Ep55_lexington.jpg

Sweet close-up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Enteprise_smithsonian.JPG

Original model, now on display in the Smithsonian.

That isn't the model that did the majority of filming in TOS. the one they used mainly was much smaller.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That isn't the model that did the majority of filming in TOS. the one they used mainly was much smaller.

Based on what information do you make this claim?