test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

USS Enterprise SHIP model graphic IS CHEAP.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
This is a big rip off for a preorder.. This ship is poorly made.. and was not worth it, i was looking forward to this... and then ALL of a sudden... a cheap model.. that isnt complete.

I mean.. the pylons DONT even look right, thier grayed out.. and shoot... out blue beams.. while flying. But... i like the design of the ship. Except for the fact of the not so completed model...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Other than that The graphics are awesome for everything else.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You need to explain more because I didn't understand what you said. Perhaps screen captures will help.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think I know your problem

Your suffering from an ID 10 T error.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    does it look like this?
    http://www.cloudster.com/Sets&Vehicles/STEnterprise/ent35.jpg

If so, stop whining
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Look at the model. It's not good from the back (where you'll be looking 95% of the time).

And no, it does not.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Personally its correctly modeled. Its just that we never seen it alot from the back. So if you don't like how the real enterprise looks from the back then tought luck. I rather have a good model of the REAL enterprise than something that looks better just to keep people happy.

But :3 I was really hopeing for is a excelsior class crusier as its my favorite model.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    THeBaka wrote:
    Personally its correctly modeled. Its just that we never seen it alot from the back. So if you don't like how the real enterprise looks from the back then tought luck. I rather have a good model of the REAL enterprise than something that looks better just to keep people happy.

But :3 I was really hopeing for is a excelsior class crusier as its my favorite model.

Go watch the films as there are plenty 6 0'clock views.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The people who were whining about not having their TOS connies for headstart are now realizing just how ugly they are ... sometimes the memory makes things more beautiful then they actually were. The constitution refit, which is basically the Enterprise from the TOS movies, is much, much prettier, and you'll get it at level 11 (if you buy cruiser)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lefty1117 wrote: »
    The people who were whining about not having their TOS connies for headstart are now realizing just how ugly they are ... sometimes the memory makes things more beautiful then they actually were. The constitution refit, which is basically the Enterprise from the TOS movies, is much, much prettier, and you'll get it at level 11 (if you buy cruiser)

That is my second favorite model.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    pgm2b2 wrote: »
    Go watch the films as there are plenty 6 0'clock views.

Actually the films have zero rear views of this ship, because this ship didn't appear in the films. They only ever featured the refit Constitution class, not the original.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Side view of what he's ranting about.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2117/screenshot2010020218195.jpg

Rear view of what he's ranting about.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9779/screenshot2010020319265.jpg

Personally, looks fine to me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

This.

OP, you got what you paid for, you should be grateful you got something us 'normies' didn't get
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Danimal wrote: »
    This.

OP, you got what you paid for, you should be grateful you got something us 'normies' didn't get

Thank you for agreeing. Not sure what the gripe is. Do you not like the hull texture/coloring? The Original Enterprise always had that eggshell white color to her. Too bright for the light around.
    If the rant is the hull color/texture that can be altered at the ship yard. Or at least the choice was there and I cycled through them. But I kept the normal skin. Personally I like the old girl.

And just because I have it on hand....

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7526/screenshot2010020218193.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I opened up the pictures on the thread expecting to see some problems.

I see none at all. That is the original Enterprise.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There are still some MINOR discrepencies (the hull registry font is totally wrong, the connecting dorsal mounts somewhat further back on the engineering hull than it should, the bussard collectors are textured oddly, missing paint, odd hull texture, etc)..

But for the most part, I have to say that model is definitely a "Good Faith" interpretation of the Constitution Class.. though it is a tad small when compared to the LtCmdr rank Constitution II starship.. but it's definitely about 90-95% correct. Definitely good enough for a video game.

The "Blue Beams" the OP is referring to are the engine trails that let you know the ship is moving. I think the OP would be happier with the second tier Constitution II model.. though that also has some indescrepencies and texture compromises.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I also think it looks pretty good. I love mine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Remember, this is a representative of the 1966-67 Enterprise. Dang right it looks cheap. You should see the actual model that was used on the TV show. Amazing how they can make TRIBBLE look good on TV and in movies. Sure, she's showing her age, but I'll proudly fly her.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i think the issue is that it doesnt have that paper mache/toilet roll texture to it.........space travel was hard in those days, after the third world war the federation could only use toilet roll and news paper to build space ships......if you look closely at the TOC episodes you can see the reflection of Page 3 Models and Sports Pages in Spocks Science Monitor.........
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    grokin wrote: »
    Remember, this is a representative of the 1966-67 Enterprise. Dang right it looks cheap. You should see the actual model that was used on the TV show. Amazing how they can make TRIBBLE look good on TV and in movies. Sure, she's showing her age, but I'll proudly fly her.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Enteprise_smithsonian.JPG

Original model, now on display in the Smithsonian.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thank you for agreeing. Not sure what the gripe is. Do you not like the hull texture/coloring? The Original Enterprise always had that eggshell white color to her. Too bright for the light around.
    If the rant is the hull color/texture that can be altered at the ship yard. Or at least the choice was there and I cycled through them. But I kept the normal skin. Personally I like the old girl.

And just because I have it on hand....

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7526/screenshot2010020218193.jpg

I'll drink to that =)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Look at the model. It's not good from the back (where you'll be looking 95% of the time).

And no, it does not.

your ship doesn't have to be viewed from the rear, even in combat.. you can rotate the camera view however you want
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sulda wrote: »
    I think I know your problem

Your suffering from an ID 10 T error.

:D I haven't seen that one in years!:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It looks pretty good to me. Almost makes me wish I had preordered from GameStop. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if it gets added to the C-Store instead someday.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Side view of what he's ranting about.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2117/screenshot2010020218195.jpg

Rear view of what he's ranting about.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9779/screenshot2010020319265.jpg

That is exactly how it is supposed to look.

If you watch the two-part Enterprise episode "In a Mirror, Darkly" http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/In_a_Mirror,_Darkly you will see the Defiant from various angles and let me tell you it's the best two episodes of this entire series.

Watching will also help demonstrate just how powerful the Constitution class of ship really is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MarkStone wrote: »
    :D I haven't seen that one in years!:D

PEBKAC

;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I thought it looked fine. I actually had someone invite me to the bridge hoping to see some retro bridge or something but yeah, same normal bridge :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Enteprise_smithsonian.JPG

Original model, now on display in the Smithsonian.

I stand corrected! The model looks great! Now I have to go to D.C. to view it. :o
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As another poster said in passing. You CAN change the ship's texturing at the shipyard. Heck you can even paint the hull with one of the 9 different schemes.

Honestly, I think that the GS Conny's nacelles are a smidgen too long. The TOS ship had a Shiny Saucer with no texturing. Unfortuately the TOS ship's rear was quite boring. The Nacelle end caps seem to be correct. Though I remember the Top and bottom saucer domes being green tinted.

I think they used the Conny from the Enterprise episode "A mirror Darkly" as this one has flyovers from all angles and more than one shot from the rear. In fact SyFy showed both parts of that episode last night and the Conny in game really looks like the one in game (ignoring the quibbles listed above)

It's a nice fun thing and I don't feel cheated that I bought it (In fact I purchased both the Direct2Download version and the Game stop versions to get all of their goodies.)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Must agree that the font is wrong... the original series used Eurostyle for a lot of the ship registry etc. (Not sure if the original one shown in the smithsonian has that font on it). The Starfleet Technical Manual circa 1976 however used it extensively for ship designations etc. I think they should model it, but more than anything, I want a playable game first. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I preordered it and I cant figure out how to get that ship :(