test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble FAQ - Tribble Breeding for Fun and, well, Loss

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Tribbles eat food.

Baked Tribble is a food. (Tribble Kebab is also a food, IIRC.)

The result is Cannibal Tribble.

Cannibal Tribbles eat other Tribbles (at least white or green quality ones.)

KDF characters have the option of the Duty Officer assignment "Prepare Baked Tribble for the Captain."

I am not sure where kebabs (or baked) were attained prior to the Duty Officer feature.
    edited February 2012
    Has anybody tried to feed the special Kanaar from Second Wave to a tribble yet? I accidentally drank mine trying.
    edited February 2012
    You mean the Bajoran Kanar? Tribbles won't touch it.
    edited February 2012
    Now I feel even worse because if tribbles won't touch it, obviously it wasn't fit for me either.
    edited February 2012
    It goes to show that even a tribble can tell the difference between real and imitation booze.

Then again, tribbles will gobble up ketracel white...
    edited February 2012
    It goes to show that even a tribble can tell the difference between real and imitation booze.

Then again, tribbles will gobble up ketracel white...

Do they produce anything good when they chow down on a bit of Ketracel White?
    edited February 2012
    Streakfury wrote: »
    Do they produce anything good when they chow down on a bit of Ketracel White?
    No, I didn't see any effect. They don't even reproduce. They just eat it.

Correction: You get a Gamma Quadrant Tribble from rare and very rare tribble + Ketracell (maybe from other ones too, but I didn't try)
    edited February 2012
    Gagravarr wrote:
    No, I didn't see any effect. They don't even reproduce. They just eat it.

I actually just baked a Gamma Quadrant Tribble from it.

Very Rare Ground Device
    Removes all previous Tribble Buffs
    +3% Damage vs Dominion
    5% Improved Stealth and Perception
    edited February 2012
    Baked tribble? *shudder* Poor, defenseless, cute tribble...
    edited February 2012
    Yes, I have to correct myself. I also got the Gamma Quadrant Tribble now.

Don't know why the first two tries didn't succeed. Maybe it was because I used a white tribble for my first tests and now a rare one. Who knows ...
    edited February 2012
    I got Gamma tribble yesterday and it must have come from white one, because I did not have any tribble other than white.
    edited February 2012
    Gagravarr wrote:
    Yes, I have to correct myself. I also got the Gamma Quadrant Tribble now.

Don't know why the first two tries didn't succeed. Maybe it was because I used a white tribble for my first tests and now a rare one. Who knows ...

I have a feeling the GQ Tribble was added in the latest (Yesterday's) patch, so that may be why it never worked for you before.

Just a theory though.
    edited February 2012
    Yeah I've got one too. Bred from a white Tribble.
    edited March 2012
    http://s15.postimage.org/bdpw1uuiz/tribble.png

I reckon this is the unbreedable tribble?

edit: Looks like not the case tho :) too many damn pages in this thread :)
    edited March 2012
    Yeah it's the Ketracel Tribble that can be bred with Ketracel White. :)
    edited March 2012
    I have had a tribble in my inventory with Ketracel White for days. No luck. Am I missing something?
    edited March 2012
    Did you actually play the game during those days? I think tribbles breed on the hour, or at least they breed every hour after you put them in a bank/inventory with some food. Try placing the tribble in your inventory with some food and play the game for at least an hour. It should work.
    edited March 2012
    Is there something wrong with breeding tribbles lately, I've been trying to breed Mattson tribbles by feeding them Tranya with hopes of getting a Velasquez but after at least 30 attempts all I get is tier 1-3 tribbles and nothing else. :(
    edited March 2012
    Unos wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with breeding tribbles lately, I've been trying to breed Mattson tribbles by feeding them Tranya with hopes of getting a Velasquez but after at least 30 attempts all I get is tier 1-3 tribbles and nothing else. :(
    If your Tribbles have snacked on 54% food or drink items, that would 'poison' their ability to breed more advanced tribbles... You might need to start over creating a 'virgin' breeding pool to get proper results...

I've been breeding Tribble (val) all this month in quantity, (last batch was this morning) and posting them for a very reasonable price on the Exchange, so I know this still works...
    edited March 2012
    If your Tribbles have snacked on 54% food or drink items, that would 'poison' their ability to breed more advanced tribbles... You might need to start over creating a 'virgin' breeding pool to get proper results...

I've been breeding Tribble (val) all this month in quantity, (last batch was this morning) and posting them for a very reasonable price on the Exchange, so I know this still works...

Oh I had no idea about the 54% 'poison', that's where I am going wrong then. Thanks for the help I would never have figured that out.
    edited March 2012
    Never Mind, I found one... :)

Though it is missing the Dominion Tribble.

Also: This one does not fit well as a Background.
    edited March 2012
    I could not find the lil Gamma quadrant fella on there either so i assumed the wiki was out of date.

I had a few tribbles in my inventory that i forgot to delete a few days ago - i never really looked into breading tribbles - + some ketracel from one of the 2800 missions and staring back at me in my inventory was a GQTribble when i looked to sort out my inventory, to me that was very random and very wonderful.

Im sure my away teams are getting a bit too friendly with my tribbles as each one has one and randomly during a mission i can hear them purring lol behind me lol :eek:
    edited March 2012
    Did you actually play the game during those days? I think tribbles breed on the hour, or at least they breed every hour after you put them in a bank/inventory with some food. Try placing the tribble in your inventory with some food and play the game for at least an hour. It should work.

Yes, was playing the game--several hours, in fact. I have bred tribbles from the bottom to the top of the ladder, so it's not new to me. I just can't get a GQ tribble for whatever reason. Perhaps my progenitor was "poisoned" as a later poster mentioned. I should have a good virgin stock now, since I got 12 new ones in a Doff mission disaster.
    edited April 2012
    So has anyone tried using 'Dosi Rotgut' yet???
    edited April 2012
    Tried the what now?

If I knew what it was, I'd give it a go.
    edited April 2012
    Tried the what now?

If I knew what it was, I'd give it a go.
    This is the results of the Bartender mission, (Research Tulaberry cocktail) after you finish the 'Tulaberry' chain. Its listed as a very rare
    edited April 2012
    thank you for this post, and here i was thinking they were just annoying little pests with no value
    edited April 2012
    So has anyone tried using 'Dosi Rotgut' yet???
    Yes, I did, but until now without any success except white tribbles.
    edited April 2012
    Has any one got a tribble Activation sequence?

We know tribbles activate on the hour. But in what order? and which food item do they select? I ask as I wish to set up a Tribble Corpse Grinder (Sorry been playing minecraft too much).

I think from memory fuelled passive observations the Tribbles activate as you would read the inventory slots (Left to right, top to bottom)

So if that is the case, then a pile of Tribbles on to top row, with a pile of food. and an equal number of Cannibal tribbles on the bottom row should achieve a corpse every hour and the Tribble numbers should not decrease, nor increase.

I was going to test it later, but its going to take me some time which I don't have at the moment. So I wondered if anyone had conducted these experiments?
    edited April 2012
    I'm not absolutely sure about this, but in my experience just 2 tribbles eat (and breed) per hour. So to build your carcass grinder, you need 2 normal tribbles, a stack of food and 1 cannibal in that order. This worked for me. So one of the normal tribbles will reproduce and one of the three will be eaten by the cannibal. Theoretically this would work with just 1 normal tribble too, but if the cannibal eats first, the chain is stopped.