What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

blatant abuse by game store employees

13»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    KhansWrath wrote:
    title sums it up, gamestop and other game store employees are running around flaunting items like the tier 1 constitutions and joined trills and every one of the fancy extras we all preordered. how you might ask, the only logical conclusion is that since you cant buy the retail codes or have them shipped yet is that they stole them and took them home. some may or may not take the bar codes back in and pay for them, but its obvious they took home the retail codes to get the goodies the rest of us arent allowed to play with until their selfish asses get us our codes to us. i for one think they should all recieve a 30 day suspension from the game.

This will simply be a benefit of working for the store most game stores allow there employees to take games early they still have to buy them just get them sooner, i do not have a problem with this, im a Manager and i get bonuses etc for working where i work.
    edited January 2010
    Like other people have said it's purely a case of the employees getting their stuff early because they work there. Not really surprising. Also as others have said stop jumping to the forums as soon as you have a rage, think before you thread.
    edited January 2010
    If you HONESTLY BELIEVE they stole those game boxes or codes then why haven't you called the police? You remember them right? Big guys in blue or black uniforms. Ring a bell?

But you haven't done that because you have no idea if they stole those codes or not. Fact is, they probably purchased their game codes the same as you. You're really here to whine about the fact that someone else got a shiny before you did.

May I respectfully suggest to you sir that the best course of action is to simply grow up and deal with it?

Many many times throughout your life you're going to encounter people who get things before you do, or get better stuff than what you have, and if you don't learn to deal with it then your life is going to be one long hard road of pain.

you gotta be kidding me. how old are you? call the police? oh yeah sure.. *999* oh hey theres this guy in america who stole a game and is playing it online do something about it! oh wait you're the UK police ok *calls american police* oh hey there's this guy and he stole a game no I don't know who he is etc etc...
    edited January 2010
    KhansWrath wrote:
    title sums it up, gamestop and other game store employees are running around flaunting items like the tier 1 constitutions and joined trills and every one of the fancy extras we all preordered. how you might ask, the only logical conclusion is that since you cant buy the retail codes or have them shipped yet is that they stole them and took them home. some may or may not take the bar codes back in and pay for them, but its obvious they took home the retail codes to get the goodies the rest of us arent allowed to play with until their selfish asses get us our codes to us. i for one think they should all recieve a 30 day suspension from the game.

Paranoid much?

...................__
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    BRO FIST
    edited January 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    you gotta be kidding me. how old are you? call the police? oh yeah sure.. *999* oh hey theres this guy in america who stole a game and is playing it online do something about it! oh wait you're the UK police ok *calls american police* oh hey there's this guy and he stole a game no I don't know who he is etc etc...

That post went completely over your head didn't it?
    edited January 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    you gotta be kidding me. how old are you?
    I was replying to the OP.

How old are you that you didn't realize that?
    edited January 2010
    If Cryptic and all other associated companies attached w/ this title does not care, I don't either. But I would think they would make a complaint since it is an apparant abuse and not fair to the majority of customers. However, I guess it all depend on the backlash.

I dont think it is fair of them to have access ahead of everyone else. But I am not mad about it. In just a few days I will have all that stuff too. :D
    edited January 2010
    If they want to abuse the system, then ok. It doesn't affect me. But I don't shop at Gamestop because they open new games and loan them to employees and still sell them as new.
    edited January 2010
    That's Gamestop for you. Neither the employees nor their managers really care.

Though honestly, if I worked at Gamestop and I had pre-ordered the game through my store then I would be taking home my copy as soon as it came in too.

but usually things should be coming with a do not sell before date sticker.. most good stores wont even allow their employees take the game out before its release
    edited January 2010
    They aren't employee's, I asked one of them and he said the store has been giving them out breaking the release date.

Come Tuesday none of this will matter, however I find this behaviour utterly indefenceible. How can there be rules for some and rules for others?
    edited January 2010
    Henners191 wrote: »
    How can there be rules for some and rules for others?

Please tell me this is not the first time you have realized this in RL?
    edited January 2010
    Please tell me this is not the first time you have realized this in RL?

Unhelpful and offtopic

No in real life people who just accept it and have no interest in fairness, like many in this thread are suggesting, get walked over.
    edited January 2010
    Unhelpful and offtopic

Actually, its both true and directly in response to the question you asked. So if my reply is "offtopic", then so was the question you asked.
    No in real life people who just accept it and have no interest in fairness, like many in this thread are suggesting, get walked over.

I'm not saying its "right" or that I like it, but that doesnt change the facts. Some people break the rules and get away with it, others dont. Nothing you do or say is going to change that.
    edited January 2010
    I didn't read every post in here so not sure if it's been said already, but if ANYONE distrubutes a copy of the game in any form before the official release date, they asubject to heavy fines like $25,000 per occurence or more and the possibility of losing right to sell/distrubute any more from provider.
    That is a HUGE no,no!!! I work at a large electronics retailer and we have our retail copies of the game in back waitin for launch day.
    I actually had to pull some copies off the shelf that someone accidently put out, and we could have really got in major trouble for it!! I would also no doubt lose my job if I went and took a code out of one of those boxes and used it, that's stealing plain and simple.
    Cryptic should ban anyone using a retail code right now as there is no reason for them to have one period, and persue action against any retailer releasing the game early.
    Game stop has a history of selling used games as new, and have always had a practice of opening brand new packages and removing the contents,then displaying the empty box on shelf...makes their store look "full", but it also means the contents are no longer sealed, and anyone there had access to the key inside. I know their the best source for used games, but I've never liked the idea of them opening brand new product to display. I should say that I've pre-ordered stuff in the past from them and that has been sealed and not opened as far as I knew....
    edited January 2010
    DarkZenith wrote: »
    The max I have ever seen is 20%, any more than that and they might as well give it to you for free. I'm not sure what kind of company you've worked for, but mine is in business to make money, not lose it!
    When I worked in a comic book shop when I was 16 we got everything at cost. I was into Magic the gathering and Warhammer 40k tabletop, and the owner just told us if we wanted anything tack onto the inventory list we submitted daily with a note to either take it our of our check or we'll pay him cash when we got. It was so nice get the 3.50$/pack cards for 1$/pack. That was my perk for having to put up with the 30 year olds who came in every day asking where there comics are blah blah blah then looking like a 12 year old seeing TRIBBLE for the first time while they read it at the counter. And with my current occupation in the Army, my perk is a switchblade, which is very illegal to carry, but I get to carry it anyway. Every job has some perk to it, and every perk is going to irk someone who thinks its unfair. Get over it. I wish I was the president so I can do *almost* anything I wanted to. But then again, I would hate being the president, because I like to sleep, and I would get impeached day 3 when we get bombed at 2am, and I tell whoever is trying to wake me up to go **** themselves and call me during business hours.
    edited January 2010
    NO! The minimum-wage retail slave got his pixels before me! AN INJUSTICE!
    edited January 2010
    When I worked in a comic book shop when I was 16 we got everything at cost. I was into Magic the gathering and Warhammer 40k tabletop, and the owner just told us if we wanted anything tack onto the inventory list we submitted daily with a note to either take it our of our check or we'll pay him cash when we got. It was so nice get the 3.50$/pack cards for 1$/pack. That was my perk for having to put up with the 30 year olds who came in every day asking where there comics are blah blah blah then looking like a 12 year old seeing TRIBBLE for the first time while they read it at the counter. And with my current occupation in the Army, my perk is a switchblade, which is very illegal to carry, but I get to carry it anyway. Every job has some perk to it, and every perk is going to irk someone who thinks its unfair. Get over it. I wish I was the president so I can do *almost* anything I wanted to. But then again, I would hate being the president, because I like to sleep, and I would get impeached day 3 when we get bombed at 2am, and I tell whoever is trying to wake me up to go **** themselves and call me during business hours.

lol funny enough I have to say I think that would be me as Prime Minister (at least i'd do a better job than Blair or Brown).....but perhaps it would be more like FO I'm just about to finish my patrol in Koolhaas system!!!! :)
    edited January 2010
    Actually. I know the manager of our local gamestop and my wife works there. If a code is seen as being inputted early then that is releasing a game before street date and there are very strict and swift punishments:

1) A Fine

2) Firing of the individuals involved

If you are so concerned that these codes have been inputted early then report them so the offending employees will get fired and then we can all move on.
    edited January 2010
    Fines can be slapped on the retailers for selling a product before release date.

Video games are serious business.
    edited January 2010
    I work at Gamestop.

We have to wait just as long as you do to get our hands on new release stuff. Know why? Because if we don't, we get fired. In fact, stealing unreleased content is actually worse than something that's already on the shelves.

Besides, the pre-order goodies don't even get activated until February 2nd. Stop crying about something you know nothing about.
    edited January 2010
    They aren't employee's, I asked one of them and he said the store has been giving them out breaking the release date.

Come Tuesday none of this will matter, however I find this behaviour utterly indefenceible. How can there be rules for some and rules for others?

You must be very young and innocent. /hug It's going to be okay.
    edited January 2010
    That's Gamestop for you. Neither the employees nor their managers really care.

Though honestly, if I worked at Gamestop and I had pre-ordered the game through my store then I would be taking home my copy as soon as it came in too.

The OP is just posting this out of jealousy and trying to pass it off as some moral thing or something.
This discussion has been closed.