test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

blatant abuse by game store employees

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
title sums it up, gamestop and other game store employees are running around flaunting items like the tier 1 constitutions and joined trills and every one of the fancy extras we all preordered. how you might ask, the only logical conclusion is that since you cant buy the retail codes or have them shipped yet is that they stole them and took them home. some may or may not take the bar codes back in and pay for them, but its obvious they took home the retail codes to get the goodies the rest of us arent allowed to play with until their selfish asses get us our codes to us. i for one think they should all recieve a 30 day suspension from the game.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    KhansWrath wrote:
    title sums it up, gamestop and other game store employees are running around flaunting items like the tier 1 constitutions and joined trills and every one of the fancy extras we all preordered. how you might ask, the only logical conclusion is that since you cant buy the retail codes or have them shipped yet is that they stole them and took them home. some may or may not take the bar codes back in and pay for them, but its obvious they took home the retail codes to get the goodies the rest of us arent allowed to play with until their selfish asses get us our codes to us. i for one think they should all recieve a 30 day suspension from the game.

What's your point? Yes they got their codes early but there really is nothing you can do about it. If Amazon shipped my copy early do you really believe I wouldn't enter the codes as soon as I got them? Blame Gamestop for not controlling their merchandise better but don't whine here.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well.....I dont know what the quirks of the job are but I am sure they get access to stuff way before we ever do. That being said I personally dont like dealing with Game Stop but it is soooo close to my house I would be ripping myself off by paying for shipping. :mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i have no choice, i live 125 miles from a mall out in north dakota on the canadian border, if i dont have someone like gamestop fedex it to me ii cant get it without a download, and i wanted a collectors edition, and the pre order ship was a nice bonus for going with them. but they need to fire people that steal the game early so blatantly.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Txtrekker wrote: »
    well.....I dont know what the quirks of the job are but I am sure they get access to stuff way before we ever do. That being said I personally dont like dealing with Game Stop but it is soooo close to my house I would be ripping myself off by paying for shipping. :mad:

while they are not to get items before the street date, but employees get games early all the time. it's really messed up, and something I wish gamestop would crack down on, but chances are they won't. ( source class mate / x gamestop employee, according to him. )
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That's Gamestop for you. Neither the employees nor their managers really care.

Though honestly, if I worked at Gamestop and I had pre-ordered the game through my store then I would be taking home my copy as soon as it came in too.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    and to those that think im just moaning over not having my ship, i can live without it for now, it was always my plan to get my klingon up before the masses with my pvp klingon guild. the gamestop ship is for a fed alt to run missions in and thats going to be a minimal amount of my gameplay any time soon. what irks me is the complete lack of respect, ehtics, or dignity from these people that clearly went against what cryptic intended to be a measure of no one gets the item till everyone gets the item/ordering from every vendor and cancling all but one to get all bonuses on the cheap (those of you that bought a copy frome veryone for all the sway, wow you got money to burn over digital swag hehe)). report the people with the goodies early, gettem suspended, or else theyll never learn! and we dont need a bunch of snobs of their calibur in our community frankly.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    KhansWrath wrote:
    and to those that think im just moaning over not having my ship, i can live without it for now, it was always my plan to get my klingon up before the masses with my pvp klingon guild. the gamestop ship is for a fed alt to run missions in and thats going to be a minimal amount of my gameplay any time soon. what irks me is the complete lack of respect, ehtics, or dignity from these people that clearly went against what cryptic intended to be a measure of no one gets the item till everyone gets the item/ordering from every vendor and cancling all but one to get all bonuses on the cheap (those of you that bought a copy frome veryone for all the sway, wow you got money to burn over digital swag hehe)). report the people with the goodies early, gettem suspended, or else theyll never learn! and we dont need a bunch of snobs of their calibur in our community frankly.

:|

All I have to say on this is

.................................................................................................................?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Good for them. At least they get something for having to work such a crappy job.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    KhansWrath wrote:

Technically the people who got their stuff early are not the ones breaking the rules. It's the people who gave them the codes early who did.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Technically the people who got their stuff early are not the ones breaking the rules. It's the people who gave them the codes early who did.

Even still....it just seems incredibly petty to be complaining about that considering there are other things that need fixing in the game that are faaaar more important.......?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I dont work for any game store i preordered my copy online through Eb games but i have my preorder items cause they email through the codes to me today

Maybe you should try getting in contact with your store and ask wher your codes are

ps thats eb games in australia technically we dont get STO releases till the 11th of feb a full week after you guys
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nezzir wrote: »
    Good for them. At least they get something for having to work such a crappy job.

Or withholding the beta keys from people who pre-ordered, so that they can resell them on ebay or use the keys themselves...

The Gamestop we ordered from, claimed to never have gotten the keys. We had to call around to find one of the other Gamestops, with employees that didn't keep all the keys for themselves. The next adventure will see if the CE that we prepaid, will ever "show up", either. :mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    KhansWrath wrote:
    joined trills

Are you sure it's *Joined Trill* and not just 'regular' Trill you're seeing? "Trill" is one of the options for premade alien races currently in the game and is different than Joined Trill.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    Even still....it just seems incredibly petty to be complaining about that considering there are other things that need fixing in the game that are faaaar more important.......?

I am not complaining, I don't care if some kid who makes minimum wage gets his Connie a few days early. The other guy is the one complaining.
    As to your other things that need fixing in the game that are faaaar more important" statement. that's silly too. Companies do this thing called multitasking. Fixing one problem (although I don't think the subject of this thread is a problem) in one area does not affect the companies ability to fix a different problem in a different area.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am not complaining, I don't care if some kid who makes minimum wage gets his Connie a few days early. The other guy is the one complaining.
    As to your other things that need fixing in the game that are faaaar more important" statement. that's silly too. Companies do this thing called multitasking. Fixing one problem (although I don't think the subject of this thread is a problem) in one area does not affect the companies ability to fix a different problem in a different area.

No I know man.....I wasn't saying you were complaining.....I was just replying to you in particular is all :)

Oh and the other things that need fixing isn't silly there is a mass of players concerned about the skill tree issue....so erm yeah....there ya go :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Perks of the job. Complain all you like, all jobs have them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    No I know man.....I wasn't saying you were complaining.....I was just replying to you in particular is all :)

Oh and the other things that need fixing isn't silly there is a mass of players concerned about the skill tree issue....so erm yeah....there ya go :)

The skill tree thing is completely irrelevant to the so called "problem" of having people get their preorder stuff early. The departments of Cryptic which would handle each situation would be completely different.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DarkZenith wrote: »
    Perks of the job. Complain all you like, all jobs have them.

Waiters get free food, Bartenders get in clubs without cover, Bouncers get laid, Cops get free coffee and half price meals etc.......:D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The skill tree thing is completely irrelevant to the so called "problem" of having people get their preorder stuff early. The departments of Cryptic which would handle each situation would be completely different.

Hence my point of there being more important things to be concerned over...........? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Waiters get free food, Bartenders get in clubs without cover, Bouncers get laid, Cops get free coffee and half price meals etc.......:D

Exactly. Where I work, we get a staff discount of 10% off all goods. Customers still have to pay full price, so I suppose my discount is unfair? Tough. I work damned hard, and a few niceties here and there are more than well deserved.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    Hence my point of there being more important things to be concerned over...........? :rolleyes:

Your whole "more important things to be concerned over" doesn't make any sense. Concern over one issue does not affect the other issue
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Exactly. Where I work, we get a staff discount of 10% off all goods. Customers still have to pay full price, so I suppose my discount is unfair? Tough. I work damned hard, and a few niceties here and there are more than well deserved.

It's not unfair but it is kind of dinky :D
    10%? Most places I have worked are 30 to 50% discounts.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Your whole "more important things to be concerned over" doesn't make any sense. Concern over one issue does not affect the other issue

Oh kay think we are having a bit of a communication error here buddy.........sounds to me like you are nit picking over something that really doesn't need it's nits picked.

All I was saying was that this fella is complaining over something that I find a little trivial where as there are other things that could be complained about in order to be constructive in this forum.

Anyway....not gonna get into a long debate about it I guess I will just chalk this one up to experience and not bother engaging in social chattings of the chit variety with your personage.

Relax man!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010

All of these style comments are missing the point. Its not that they get a perk of the job. Good for them. Its that those who paid for it should have those codes.

I'd go as to say as a matter of law, we are entitled to them. At least in England. But they know we wont both to take action. So of course its going to irritate people when they dont get something they paid to have, when they see others flouting the system.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    KhansWrath wrote:

say let them they need something good from avery poor paying job, any plus and alot neg in that line of work is something.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's not unfair but it is kind of dinky :D
    10%? Most places I have worked are 30 to 50% discounts.

The max I have ever seen is 20%, any more than that and they might as well give it to you for free. I'm not sure what kind of company you've worked for, but mine is in business to make money, not lose it!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The max I have ever seen is 20%, any more than that and they might as well give it to you for free. I'm not sure what kind of company you've worked for, but mine is in business to make money, not lose it!

Retail and waiting tables. In any job I have ever had in any of those businesses the discount was never less than 30% and a discount that low was unusual. Most of those jobs were 40 and 50 %. One Pub I worked at did not give you a discount per say but you got 1 free meal per shift and as long as you did not abuse it you could comp 2 drinks a shift for giving to customers.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Country, State, County please? I'd like to know, so I can find one of those businesses!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Country, State, County please? I'd like to know, so I can find one of those businesses!

Dallas, Texas mainly. Austin is the same and my Ex works in Tulsa and it's the same there.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    KhansWrath wrote:

Dude they work in video games stores...their lives are like....over.

So what they get a code early.....

Do you know how many game store employees actually go on to have successful careers? Yeah sure there are a few and there is always the gaming industry but...still you have to see my point right?
This discussion has been closed.