Options

Bridge Officers Not Showing Up

124»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Phaid wrote: »
    BTW as you get higher, then you get rairer green and blus BO's (and there's rumour of purple BO's). So don't worry to much about it at the moment, just get stuck in and you'll basically out level the problem.

We are not going to out level the problem if the bug doesn't get fixed. Until it is fixed there will always be a chance we won't get the nice choice BO when we select it. And just saying "Well, you didn't get that one, but you will have 2 more chances this level" doesn't cut it. If I wanted to play the lottery I wouldn't have bought STO.

So far I am 1/4 of getting rewarded BOs. 3/3 for buying them. On one failure I was in sector space. Next time I went to Sol and stood by Sulu. No dice. For the next level reward one from requisitions I just tried from space again, because by this time it was feeling like the lottery and I didn't feel like wasting my time going back to Sol. Didn't get that one. For the next one, a requisition leveling reward, I went back to Sol, relogged, and then accepted my reward. That one I got. Not sure if it was just luck or if relogging cleaned up some buffer in my client, but that's what I'm going to try for the time being.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    0/3 for me from leveling, I have not tried buying any.... No Dev posts on this yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm debating whether to just delete my character and start over. But there's no guarantee my BO's won't appear for my next character either.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    have not recieved a single BO from either level recruitment or quest rewards and so far it has cost me 2 green con with damned nice skills to :(
    is getting rediculous between ques and rewards not even showing up after you go through the god damned trouble of actually playing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just happened again with my first Lt C BO offer =(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have the same exact problem, hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Empty_Mags wrote: »
    0/3 for me from leveling, I have not tried buying any.... No Dev posts on this yet?

None that I've noticed unfortunately. There are posts all over the forums about this and quest rewards missing, but no acknowledgement or statement from Cryptic beyond a sticky post on the in game bug tool.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kyruzix wrote: »
    I come across something of interest....

Appearently when I lost my Bridge Officers, the spot to the left wouldn't tick in when I clicked on the reward I wanted. I tried this to try and fix it: I selected the mission giver that were to give me a reward and if I could not 'select' the item by clicking it directly, I pressed cancel, went back to the conversation menu of the mission giver, then chose the mission that was completed again and pressed reward the reward I did without clicking the circle to the left... If it ticks in, then you'll get the reward you selected. If it doesn't tick in if you click the reward, then cancel again and repeat untill the circle ticks in (aka filling up as white ball in the center) and pressed accept.

For some reason, it is as if at times the screen hasn't loaded fully yet or doesn't register your selection for mission rewards, completing the mission as if you never selected a reward. by doing what I did above you can fix this.

I am not certain if it works 100%, but so far it works for me when it comes to getting Bridge Officers as a reward from the Bridge Officer Requsitions Officer.

--Kyruzix

Bu Jove, I think he's got it........

I've been clicking the radio button and got no BO's so far, the first time I click the text I get the BO. Its just possible the radio button isn't working correctly.