test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge Officers Not Showing Up

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
What is being done about our Bridge Officers not being awarded from the missions? Are we going to get reimbursed?

They are not showing up in the assignments tab & there is a sticky about it in the bug report area.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hope so...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Did you hail starfleet and talk to Bridge aquisition Officer?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Did you hail starfleet and talk to Bridge aquisition Officer?

there is no such officer in the communications.

i just did the same thing that worked in Open Beta and they are not showing up in assignments.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes... still not in inventory. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had a similar thing. Chose a tactical officer as a mission reward (already had engy and science from mission rewards) but it never turned up so I went and requisitioned one instead.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OV_ohms wrote:
    I had a similar thing. Chose a tactical officer as a mission reward (already had engy and science from mission rewards) but it never turned up so I went and requisitioned one instead.

I am missing tactical and science due to the bug. the spots are empty as i am hoping a GM will replace them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Having this issue too and had it in the open beta. ): I'm half way to Lt. Commander and I have a single tactical officer. My science and engineer never appeared when awarded.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same problem here, one other guy in my fleet, and we saw other people in zone chat reporting it too.

I chose an Engineering officer as reward for an early mission and he never showed up in the Assignments tab. :( fwiw, I hadn't encountered in open beta (but there's probably lots of bugs I hadn't).

I'll go ahead and submit a Bug on it. I don't know if it's something a GM can fix in the game or not. I'll live, I mean I can always purchase officers, it's just a worrisome bug and I'm not really inclined to do any more missions that reward officers if they're going to disappear like this.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same problem here, one other guy in my fleet, and we saw other people in zone chat reporting it too.

I chose an Engineering officer as reward for an early mission and he never showed up in the Assignments tab. :( fwiw, I hadn't encountered in open beta (but there's probably lots of bugs I hadn't).

I'll go ahead and submit a Bug on it. I don't know if it's something a GM can fix in the game or not. I'll live, I mean I can always purchase officers, it's just a worrisome bug and I'm not really inclined to do any more missions that reward officers if they're going to disappear like this.

I'm hesitant to even buy them from the vendor. If its the assignment list that's bugged, you could be wasting your merits.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    they showed up for one of my characters, but when I started another one and went through a few quests where I should have been rewarded with an officer... they don't show up at all ... very frustrating
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I just noticed the same thing. I was hoping maybe I had to return to Sol to "pick them up". I see now, it is a bug
    :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I thought about requisitioning one but I didn't want to waste my merit either in case it didn't work. I'm out an engineer and a science officer. The only one I did get was a tactical officer and that was my choice for my first reward.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I just chose a Tactical Officer as a reward for saving the Azura in "Stranded in Space" and never got the officer. (Checked assignment list, even checked inventory.) Sure do hope they'll reimburse us the missing officers.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same thing.. Finished Volcan sec. and picked a science off. didn't show up. Leveled up a sec later to lvl 6 pick another off. and it didn't show up..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yep, I had the same thing. Chose a Tactical Officer and they never appeared.

This happened to me the last time I got to choose them as a reward in Open Beta as well. Bugged it then, bugged it now.

I just went back to Sol to get a new one, but I'm not happy it didn't work.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    But I'm going to do it anyway. I would assume we will be reimbursed the officers because something very similar happened in OB. When I originally ran the missions BOs weren't even rewards, but then I signed in about mid-beta with a list of officers being rewarded.

I think it will be taken care of, might be an issue with how many officers the server had to create all at once because of the mad rush to start.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's a bug, they're working on it. If you go to "report a bug" in game there should be one there saying "I didn't get my Bridge Officer". just add your name to the list and wait for it to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This was broken in OB, I can't believe they let this bug trickle to live. I've even had a couple other missions not provide me with my reward for completion.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Press U and flip through the tabs till you find Assignments then commission your new bridge officers, I'm mentioning this because thats what I had to do to get them to show up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Press U and flip through the tabs till you find Assignments then commission your new bridge officers, I'm mentioning this because thats what I had to do to get them to show up.

Negative sparky, they ain't there.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So we had something that wasn't bugged in beta and they changed it on the head start and its bugged.

GENIUS!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just had this bug show up. It has nothing to do with the "Bridge Officer Requisitions" that you get under "Hail Starfleet". Mine was an actual bridge officer reward from a specific mission. The officer never showed under "Assignments".
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    See I'm not the only one that had this problem. It was tough going though many levels without all 3 Bridge Officers.

I have no idea why Cryptic didn't fix this bug that's been around since Beta.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I just hit level six and was offered a Betazoid Tactical Officer Canidate from the requisistions officer but the canidate never showed up in my inventory.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    same problem:(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tepeu wrote:
    What is being done about our Bridge Officers not being awarded from the missions? Are we going to get reimbursed?

They are not showing up in the assignments tab & there is a sticky about it in the bug report area.

Yeah, this is the same bug that showed up just past half way thru the open beta. It's been reported over and over, but it hasn't been fixed yet. This is a serious bug to have with the game being live. I'm not planning on trying to accept any more reward officers until this is fixed, as I've hit this bug again currently. When this happened to me in open beta, I couldn't get any more reward officers at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same bug here, hope they fix it quick.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yep I am missing 3 Bo's that were suppsoed to be quest rewards :( sadly this was reported in beta and not fixed
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Happend to me. I guess the BO chose to throw himself out of the nearest airlock than work under my command.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    :confused:I also didn't get my Bridge officers from the missions. I did buy two that i need . They do show up in the assignments page but only as BO candidates. both the ones awarded from the missions and the two that i bought. How do I get them into the assignment slots?

I right click on them and one of the options is "commision" but when i click on it nothing happens.