What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge Officers Not Showing Up

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My Bridge Officers stopped showing up about halfway through beta. I reported it, and it was never fixed. By the time beta was over, I only managed to have 2 BO's. Now that head start is going, I am lucky to have one, the first one from the training mission. It is VERY hard to survive this game with only one officer. Not much of a "head start," is it. I want the officers it owes me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Pavillion wrote: »
    I just hit level six and was offered a Betazoid Tactical Officer Canidate from the requisistions officer but the canidate never showed up in my inventory.

Ditto, though I honestly don't remember the race on mine. I DID get the initial three as mission rewards successfully. I was planning on using the new Tac solely as training fodder for my existing one, but he's not there. Once in closed beta I had a candidate show up in the inventory window of all places (the icon for him was a starfleet logo on a red-for-tac background), so I checked that as well - no dice.
    :confused:I also didn't get my Bridge officers from the missions. I did buy two that i need . They do show up in the assignments page but only as BO candidates. both the ones awarded from the missions and the two that i bought. How do I get them into the assignment slots?

I right click on them and one of the options is "commision" but when i click on it nothing happens.

The "Commission" button is what you're after. I do not believe it will work if you already have a full slate of BOs (4) - you have to kick an existing one to make room - but from the sound of things you have the space. I would suggest filing a bug on it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    3 BO rewards now missing, purchasing didn't work either...:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I doubt they will be able to give everyone back their BOs but you should get more than you need by T3 to replace t hem. Maybe they will just give everyone a free BO to choose from.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Unlike in the beta, now only the first BO seems to be automatically assigned, solution for me was to click "U", go to assignments tab, right click on the relevant BO candidate, commission.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm also having this problem. I am now missing TWO officers that I should have received from mission rewards. One was an engineer for "Stranded in Space" and just now I had a "green" quality science officer offer from the level 6 officer reward mission go AWOL.

This is getting out of hand. I should have 4 BOs but only have 2, because I don't want to buy some and then get the ones I'm due and then have no room for them in my crew. What's worse, I have an open GM ticket, and even though I told them all the relevant details about the first missing officer (mission, contact name, etc.), they told me to update the ticket with EXACTLY THE INFORMATION I ALREADY GAVE THEM.

Welcome to extended beta, folks.

NOTE: this is not just some stupidity on my part regarding the Assignments section of the character sheet. They aren't there, they aren't in inventory (as in early beta), and they aren't in the crew. They simply aren't being awarded.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm also having this problem. I am now missing TWO officers that I should have received from mission rewards. One was an engineer for "Stranded in Space" and just now I had a "green" quality science officer offer from the level 6 officer reward mission go AWOL.

This is getting out of hand. I should have 4 BOs but only have 2, because I don't want to buy some and then get the ones I'm due and then have no room for them in my crew. What's worse, I have an open GM ticket, and even though I told them all the relevant details about the first missing officer (mission, contact name, etc.), they told me to update the ticket with EXACTLY THE INFORMATION I ALREADY GAVE THEM.

Welcome to extended beta, folks.

NOTE: this is not just some stupidity on my part regarding the Assignments section of the character sheet. They aren't there, they aren't in inventory (as in early beta), and they aren't in the crew. They simply aren't being awarded.

Devs are aware of this bug. Do a /bug under 'others', it's almost a 'sticky' there, just clilck the button like 'I have this issue too'. Maybe they'll compensate us the 100 credits a BO costs
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Down 2 BO myself.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I encountered this bug in OB and just now in Live.

I had just completed the quest to save the SS Azura and selected a Trill male science officer but he didn't show in my inventory or in the assignments tab. I posted a bug report.

For anyone wondering, I was able to go to the requisitions officer and buy a BO successfully.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Question for you guys who are missing BOs (I'm missing one too) When you hailed Starfleet to claim the quest reward, were you still in the system or had you departed for sector space already?

I didn't really keep track of it in Open Beta, but I think with Stranded in Space,But yesterday I was still in the system when I hailed Starfleet and I didn't get my BO, but after Patrol the Vulcan Sector, I warped to Sector Space first before claiming the quest reward and I got the BO.

So if you are noticing this happening, try to keep track if you've already gone to Sector Space before haiiling Starfleet. I just got these two experiences that I can actually remember. Also it might not just be BO's you miss out on, sometimes you don't get the quest Reward Items too. I had that happen in the OB with some rare shields :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I apologize for crossposting (my original thread on the subject is here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1776810), but with so many scattered topics, I thought I might as well present my information in each of those discussions.

I earned two officers in missions that were never awarded to me. At the conclusion of "Stranded in Space" (SS Azura) from Admiral Quinn, I selected the "Vulcan Female Tactical Officer Candidate". Upon finishing "Patrol the Vulcan Sector" from Commander Sulu, I selected the "Betazoid Female Science Officer".

My Assignments screen and Inventory show no available bridge officer candidates. I am presented with only: "There are currently no Bridge Officer candidates." They just disappeared into the void.

Others are reporting running into these bugs as well:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88578
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89747
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=90181

I created CS tickets for them, but the only response so far has been CS asking me to repeat the details. Which I did. But I certainly hope that Cryptic will deign to award players the rewards they earned but did not receive due to no fault of the players themselves.

Reply from CS asking for more information:
    Thank you for contacting us about your missing Bridge Officer. Normally, Bridge Officer Candidates will appear on your Assignments screen. You may reach this screen by pressing U to open up your Status screen, and selecting the Assignments tab. You can ask a candidate to either join your crew or train the existing crew, by double-clicking on their description on the right.

If your Assignments screen does not show any available candidates, and you still have not received your new Bridge Officer, please update this ticket with the following information:
    - Did you earn this Bridge Officer Candidate from a mission, or purchase them through Requisitions (a vendor)?
    - If this was a mission reward, which mission was this for?
    - If this was a mission reward, did you make sure to select a Bridge Officer before closing the Mission Complete dialog?
    - If this was purchased from Requisitions (vendor), which NPC did you purchase from, and where?

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

To which I replied with the exact specifics: mission name, mission contact, and specific bridge officer reward selected.

I received further notification from CS:
    Thank you for contacting us about your missing Bridge Officer. We are currently aware of this issue and are actively tracking reports for new information, in order to resolve this as quickly as possible. This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features, which are a key in the continuing development of a dynamic play environment. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

To which I replied asking if I would be manually awarded my missing BOs via GM, as the fault lies with Cryptic.

No response yet.

Since I have lost 2/3 of the officers I was supposed to receive (the only one I have is from the end of the tutorial), I don't know if it's worth the time to play anymore during the head start until this bug is fixed.

I'm seeing some suggestions about selecting rewards from Sector Space yielding better results than doing it from the battlefield sector immediately on completion. I'll give that a try. If I still don't get my officers, then there's no point in playing this game until Cryptic fixes this crippling bug. It is debilitating to your character's effectiveness.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've tried it both ways: in system and in sector. Ive lost 2 out of 3 BO awards.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Didn't have this problem in OB, but have it now. I must be lucky though, I managed to get 2 BO's before the bug hit me. Finished the Azura mission, chose the Tac officer, no Candidate.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I apologize for crossposting (my original thread on the subject is here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1776810), but with so many scattered topics, I thought I might as well present my information in each of those discussions.

I earned two officers in missions that were never awarded to me. At the conclusion of "Stranded in Space" (SS Azura) from Admiral Quinn, I selected the "Vulcan Female Tactical Officer Candidate". Upon finishing "Patrol the Vulcan Sector" from Commander Sulu, I selected the "Betazoid Female Science Officer".

My Assignments screen and Inventory show no available bridge officer candidates. I am presented with only: "There are currently no Bridge Officer candidates." They just disappeared into the void.

Others are reporting running into these bugs as well:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88578
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89747
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=90181

I created CS tickets for them, but the only response so far has been CS asking me to repeat the details. Which I did. But I certainly hope that Cryptic will deign to award players the rewards they earned but did not receive due to no fault of the players themselves.

Reply from CS asking for more information:

To which I replied with the exact specifics: mission name, mission contact, and specific bridge officer reward selected.

I received further notification from CS:

To which I replied asking if I would be manually awarded my missing BOs via GM, as the fault lies with Cryptic.

No response yet.

Since I have lost 2/3 of the officers I was supposed to receive (the only one I have is from the end of the tutorial), I don't know if it's worth the time to play anymore during the head start until this bug is fixed.

I'm seeing some suggestions about selecting rewards from Sector Space yielding better results than doing it from the battlefield sector immediately on completion. I'll give that a try. If I still don't get my officers, then there's no point in playing this game until Cryptic fixes this crippling bug. It is debilitating to your character's effectiveness.

Until they resolve the bug you can always purchase an officer and hope it shows up; personally I'd only do this once or twice. If it kept up I'd stop trying to buy one. I'd mention that I tried to purchase one in a bug report too so I'd hopefully get some credits back.

Other than that I'd say it is a little drastic to stop playing a game due to 1 bug. While officers are great in the game you don't *have* to have them in order to beat certain parts. I did quiet well without using my officer's abilities in the OB. While I agree its definitely a major bug and I was little annoyed to see my bug reoprts all magically "resolved" or " being looked into" within 1 day before OB completed, I don't think it is necessary to stop playing a game.

I've already seen that they indeed fixed a ton of smaller bugs before head start and will most likely put out a patch right before launch or shortly after to fix the remaining bugs. While it may not fix every single thing since MMOs are living breathing works of art I'd say they've done a great job. Heck on the last few days of OB I wasn't expecting any sort of intro.

At any rate I trust that Cryptic is working on these bugs. They've made mention that they are dedicated to this IP and aren't walking away anytime soon. This game is going to take a little bit of time to correct a few things, just help them out a little by being a tad patient. Heck I wonder if they've even had a break since CB and OB and now headstart. I think they are deserved a much needed rest!

Keep up the fantastic work Cryptic!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    just got this bug or issue too not got a tactical officer
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    After suffering this bug earlier with SS Azura mission, when I completed the Patrol the Vulcan Sector quest I actually went to the Spacedock and stood next to Sulu before I tried to claim the reward for the mission.

It actually worked and I got my BO this time. Maybe this could be a workaround perhaps ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yes, this happend to me alot too.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Did you hail starfleet and talk to Bridge aquisition Officer?

I did. Funny thing was I remembered the now missing Bridge Officer to not have a gender. Race yes, gender no.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was able to receive the white bo as rewards, but from 3 rare only one showed in the assignment tab and this one had different skills than in the reward window.

Why is something that worked in ob now impossible to use?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    JCSWW wrote: »
    Having this issue too and had it in the open beta. ): I'm half way to Lt. Commander and I have a single tactical officer. My science and engineer never appeared when awarded.

maybe they are in sicbay ??? or they are stuck in holodeck???:confused:

just send some one to holodeck to chek ( they ma be involvt in some holo romance and dont wanna leave ) :D

mwuhahaha :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've also been experiencing this issue and have ticketed it without response so far.

Thus far I have had a female Trill engineer mission reward not show up. As well as a New Assignment (green quality) Andorian tactical officer and a Saurian Tactical officer (also green quality) just not show up.

Somehow I suspect even if the issue is resolved those of us who have had officers not appear likely wont get them retroactively. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sadly, this problem seems to be extending beyond bridge officers and to episode reward items in general now. I've lost out on three (1 Uncommon [Green], 2 Rare [Blue]) episode reward items now along with two Uncommon Bridge Officers.

Did they actually give any update or comment on the issue anywhere?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had the same problem as the OP. I've lost two uncommon level BO's now, hoping a solution comes before I start getting the rare level ones. I never had this problem during beta, but heard of others experiencing it. I'm thinking somewhere down the line, I'll have a mission where I find a bunch of BO's that have been stranded on a planet due to some weird transporter accident.

But really.. I put in a ticket and got a canned response that they know about the bug. That's fine, I know there will be bugs in MMOs, but how about going ahead and giving me the BO's since you know of the problem, Cryptic?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Had this happen 2 different times yesterday. One as a reward for completing a Patrol mission in the Sirius Block (I can't remember which sector) and the other was a green officer that wanted to join my crew. I'm surpised this bug still exists as it was reported often in OB.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thorbrand wrote: »
    I doubt they will be able to give everyone back their BOs but you should get more than you need by T3 to replace t hem. Maybe they will just give everyone a free BO to choose from.

they should at least give us all enough merits to purchase 3 or 4 BO's due to the bug
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lost my Azura BO reward too.

:(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Blev08 wrote: »
    Sadly, this problem seems to be extending beyond bridge officers and to episode reward items in general now. I've lost out on three (1 Uncommon [Green], 2 Rare [Blue]) episode reward items now along with two Uncommon Bridge Officers.

Did they actually give any update or comment on the issue anywhere?

Yeah, it's not just BOs, you can fail to receive item rewards too. Bugged my missing officer and then bugged my missing shield I was supposed to get from two missions in Open Beta.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I didnt get my BO (Science and Engineer) either...
    and due to server stability, I didnt get any reward for one mission (the server went down as I finished the mission)

Hope they fix this really soon.... It is so annoying.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My new science officer did not report for duty.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same thing on the Klingon side. Was offered for a quest reward, never got it. Yes I checked everywhere. Yes I waited to see if it was "lagged" - never showed. When I went to put in a ticket, just added to the one big ticket that was already there. I'm out one BO so far.
    I never saw (but heard of) this bug in open beta. It sounds more widespread now.