test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Okay so these aren't all costume requests, but general character creator requests:

-More Klingon uniform options (more than the ONE kind of uniform that they get now!). Especially want ones like the ones Lursa and B'Etor wore. :)
    -More base head options and head textures (the one you select at the top, that change the shape/look of the head *before* you get to the sliders).
    -More hair options
    -More eye shape options (allow them to be rounder/flatter without having to change the width/overall size)
    -Better lip shapes. Right now the corners of their mouths extend way past where their lips end, which isn't how they look in real life.
    -Non-uniform clothes! Hopefully these would be added at the same time as some fun non-mission-related activities, like holodeck stories, vacation in Risa, etc.... Yeah, probably wouldn't be happening for a *long* time, if ever.
    edited February 2010
    Oreade wrote: »
    and lastly TNG dress for men gotta love it!

Damn, beat me too it!

But yes, please ,the season 1/2 dresses for male characters, and female of course.

oh, and I knoe TAS isn't concidered cannon, but how about some more anamilsitc head options like Lt. M'Ress, the Caitian. and extra limbs like Lieutenant Arex, the Edosian. and maybe some wings like the Aurelian, Betelgeusian snd Skorr.
    edited February 2010
    edited February 2010
    Irish-Fury wrote: »
    Ability to set a "Uniform Dress Code" for your ship; any NPCs (Bridge or Away Team) associated with your ship wear the same, or similar style as the ones set for your BoFFs.

That's an awesome idea.

Or yeah, they could just call it a Uniform in the proper sense of the word (dress code means pretty much the same!) for your ship. In it's current usage they are more like fancydress costumes than a uniform :)
    edited February 2010
    Rapsynrev wrote: »
    That looks so uncomfortable. I would feel bad for my toon. :c

I also second (or third or whatever) beehives as well as less-clunky components for liberated borgs.

Some more afrocentric hair would be nice, too. I basically have two options, not counting the Klingon dreads that sit really far back on the head.

Skants would also be awesome. :D
    edited February 2010
    Gloves And Hand Options For Women!!!!!
    edited February 2010
    Picard or EMH half head of hair for Federation characters

Sleeveless Klingons (a la Search for Spock). Actually, just tons more costume options in general red-side...would prefer some options other than Klingon battle armor for everyone.

Secondary costume slots on all characters and BOs for dress uniforms.

Edit - some skirts for female characters

Dunno if it's possible due to licensing, but I would love the Hazard Team uniform from the Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force game.
    edited February 2010
    Pyros wrote: »
    Gloves And Hand Options For Women!!!!!
    Yeah seconded!

Also heel options for boots and more variety for boots or other footwear in general, after playing City of Villains it's a serious letdown...
    edited February 2010
    I'd like to see some optional outfits for RPing. I'd suggest they could be loot from killing mobs or perhaps a make a star base clothes shop
    edited February 2010
    I'd just like to have all of the various Starfleet uniforms seen in the shows and movies be available. If it's Starfleet, and it's on film, put it in the game. Same goes for Klingons too, of course. Once you have all the canonical stuff in, then just go nuts.

Also, I would like some less elaborate options than the default ones in the game. There's really no need for every uniform jacket to have 15 different panels. ;)
    edited February 2010
    T'Pol and Seven's "cat suits" for Borg Boffs. :p
    edited February 2010
    I also want TOS style Beehive hairdoos.

Me too i think that would be fantastic for TOS outfits!
    edited February 2010
    Garryk wrote: »
    Accurate rank pips.

You mean the little neck pips? You get these if you go with the TNG Movie shirt. I was messing around in the tailor and noticed it. Might be nifty if we could choose one or the other.
    edited February 2010
    smc4175 wrote: »
    T'Pol and Seven's "cat suits" for Borg Boffs. :p
    I would like some shinier badass looking costumes like catsuit (with matte option) for us stealth assassiny lot :)

Just being able to have a plain black undecorated texture like you gave Ghost Widow in City of Villains would be awesome: http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss270/covtexture/?albumview=slideshow

:).............
    edited February 2010
    Pants that match the textures of all the 'smooth' Starfleet A uniforms.

More Klingon uniforms ingeneral, including TMP uniforms without V neck openings.

Female options to match male options. (Klingons especially.)

And, some day: Display options like 'Show armor in ground missions only / safe areas / always' instead of just never / always.
    edited February 2010
    Mouth pieces, such as breathing apparatus (since not every species will breath oxygen!) or face guards (such as that the Hirogen wear).
    edited February 2010
    Bendyboy wrote: »
    Mouth pieces, such as breathing apparatus (since not every species will breath oxygen!) or face guards (such as that the Hirogen wear).

They have those in city of villains/heroes too :O paragonwiki.com/wiki/Super_Booster_III:_Superscience
    edited February 2010
    Let the BO's have the same uniform options as the Toon you are playing. For example right now I am the only member of my crew that can wear the Wrath of Kahn uniform or the TNG uniform. Oop's, I see this is actually a BUG that's being worked on.

Nevermind.
    edited February 2010
    Darkarma wrote: »
    ...Bat'leths for feds who embrace their inner Klingon! Though that should be for another thread...

Once you hit "Commander" level, go out to DS9. You may be pleasantly surprised. :cool:

And tally another vote for skirts (NPC models in the "Treasure Station" bar are wearing them, so it shouldn't be that difficult…), TOS-era hairstyles, and the black 'scoop-me' boots from TOS. I need footage of my toon stomping Romulan keister, Yeoman Rand style.

Also, didn't mind the TMP-era grey uniforms, Kes' uniform from Voyager, TOS-era Klingon and Romulan uniforms (I know those exist in-game already), these and anything canon might be an idea for future buffs.

Let the devs know that I'm saving all of those Cryptic Points (Ferengi? Bah.) for some of these options.

And, if I'm not making too much of a pig of myself here, that lil' sparkly number Tasha Yar wore when she found that Data was "fully functional" wouldn't hurt either. Play to the fanboys,it'd work for the Orion toons, as well.
    edited February 2010
    Ferengi skin, if you purchased it. Kind of like CO when I bought the mecha package. I could reskin.

I shouldn't have to reroll to look like a damned ferengi.
    edited February 2010
    Male and Female - Braids, long hair, short spiky hair.
    Holstered weapons that don't just disappear, bat'leths on the back, rifles by one's side.
    Non-facial borg parts.
    edited February 2010
    * A more detailed setup for the ST 2 - 6 uniforms. (Rank Options, maybe Service Pins, ect).

* A uniform setting for your ship. IE a default uniform setting, so your redshirts and background crew on the bridge don't look out of place.

* Being able to set and adjust your division color (for armor). Example: my XO was a science officer, on the ship she'd be in a red uniform, but on away missions her armor was blue.

* Picard's Season 5 jacket.

* The TNG Films Captain's Vest

* The TNG Movie Comm Badge on your DS9 Uniform

* Kirk's green wraparound

* The option to turn on (asthetic) kits for your awayteam members.

* Admiral uniform unlocks at level 41.

* More subtle liberated Borg options. (I get that these guys are basically an afterthought, but it'd be nice.)
    edited February 2010
    • The Turbolift Top: Casual white long-sleeve top, belted, wide sleeves. See picture #1.
    • The Casual Admiral: Chest-flap down option. Bloodstain not required. See picture #2.
    • Trophy Cape: For Klingons, the option of using the Admiral's jacket as a trophy cape. See picture #3.
    edited February 2010
    - Space suits! (Like the ones in First Contact when they detach the deflector dish)
    - Klingon Metal Sashes (I forget their name)
    - More hair options
    - LONG Braided Beards
    - Damage options for uniforms. (like tears and rips)
    edited February 2010
    more head types for the gorn (not sure if this is canon or not but i remember reading that the gorn are actualy 3 seperate species that evolved on the 3 goldielocks planets in their system) or at least give us the option to change the teath size
    also a more reptilian head and skin option for the feds
    edited February 2010
    I can't really add anything to this. Seems like we have all the bases covered! I guess I could say TMP Uniforms but I really don't want a Quantum Torp to the back of the head. LOL

I like the idea of having the Enterprise era jumpsuits and the 2-6 flap down option. Those were the 2 I was going to mention. How about we just say to the Devs "Just put all cannon uniforms in the game (except those that people got with pre-orders) and call it a day". That way NO one gets left out. Heh.
    edited February 2010
    Two more. Everyone has already asked for these, but I am providing pictures anyway in the hope this will get the dev's attention.
    • Excursion jacket: official Regula One surplus.
    • Bomber jacket: Scotty's engineering vest is underneath.
    edited February 2010
    More badge style options (this IS the future, gotta have more than one, the older ones aside)

For Federation and Klingon sides, the Warrior Sash for Klingons.

For the Klingons,
    More armor options (Klingon Standard Issue and TOS uniforms are not enough), as they don't have a consistent set of uniforms to choose from, they seem kind of lacking in options.
    edited February 2010
    Not going to bother reading this all, so sorry in advance.

Terran Empire alternate universe female uniforms. *** DO THIS!!! ***
    Pre-Federation ENT series uniforms, resemblent of the jumpsuit Archer wore.
    Admiral long-coat uniforms, such as those worn by ingame admirals.
    More long female hairstyles, including wavy long hair, a half ponytail, straight long hair.
    More makeup styles, including darker lipstick hues , a light but noticeable eye liner [bold look] and more eyeshadow.
    More Klingon uniform variety, across the board. Racially unique uniforms.
    Romulan style forehead ridges. (On a side note, I'd like to see more Romulans NPC's with tatoo's, leading more towards Nero's quote [In my sig] as canon)
    Sunglasses. (Eyewear)
    Breathing mask. (Mouthwear)
    Cigar/Cigarette (Mouthwear)
    5 o'clock shadow/5 o'clock goatee (stubble)
    Klingon sash.
    A few more tattoos, including small, subtle ones like barcodes, residual Borg implants, small, triangular 'knicks'.
    Hats, including a variety of military caps and military dress caps.
    edited February 2010
    I would like to repost again what I would like to see in the tailor:

Bionic-eyes like Geordis... if he can have the tech for getting rid of the visor, why cant the rest of Starfleet.

More long hairstyles, a curly long haired, wavy, and some more ponytailed options.

Bikinis for girls and shorts for guys for Risa shoreleave.

Makeup for Trill please? Thats the only thing I dont like about that race...

Earrings for girls, so far only Bajorans get them. And Uhura wore earrings in TOS if I remember correctly.