test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

British Starfleet Corps (BSC Community)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    So I'm not all alone in the night? Shame, I loved Bab5!

Still, despite my loner tendencies in this thread, the BSC is a close knit team and talkative to boot! You can come and chat with us in BSCInterest before you even join! British Starfleet Copycats (our old alt fleet) has been temporarily mothballed sinced the level cap has been upped, but Blood Sworn Coalition (our Klingon fleet) is going from strength to strength!

We have an excess of gear in our Fleet Bank (all tabs acquired, and most of them full with uncommon+ gear!) for both space and away missions - we just need new recruits to come get some!

So, what are you waiting for? Come join us - you won't regret it.
    edited March 2010
    Looks like me and the missus will pop onto the chat channel tonight (we're in Lancashire). Both are RA and have basically just been playing together up till this point but want to get more involved with a good bunch of people and run the new missions and just have a good time. Not really forum people as I'd rather be on the game :) so hopefully speak to you guys later.
    edited March 2010
    Crucium wrote: »
    Looks like me and the missus will pop onto the chat channel tonight (we're in Lancashire). Both are RA and have basically just been playing together up till this point but want to get more involved with a good bunch of people and run the new missions and just have a good time. Not really forum people as I'd rather be on the game :) so hopefully speak to you guys later.

Will be good to hear from you and yours - we'll probably insist on your joining our fleet forums, but have no requirement for you to post much beyond the initial recruitment post and any time you want to sign up for an event.
    edited March 2010
    Had my first outing with the B.S.C fleet last night and it was a blast!

Anyone who is looking to join a fun and friendly fleet, I'd suggest you come and join us as from what I've seen so far, you'll have a great time with the B.S.C.

Dartoo@DogsBody.
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for joining DogsBody! The BSC is nothing without fun and engaging members within /fleet to fly alongside!
    edited March 2010
    Im also looking to join a British Fleet. I am a casual gamer but would be great to be with my fellow Brits.
    edited March 2010
    Heya Waggle,

Come over to our forums for more details on our fleet! We hope you can find what you are looking for with us. Don't worry about being a Casual gamer that's absolutely fine! To have a look at our forums, then click the link in my signature. :)

Regards,
    Mizuian
    edited April 2010
    Last night a group of us at Lt Commander level Klingon took our Cruisers, Raptors and Bird's of Prey out for a spin in PvP. The results were spectacular:-

Healing done by EVERY person on the team to themselves and their team mates,

Damage done by every person on the team was pretty respectable,

Fun was had by pretty much every member of the team even when we did things some of us don't like (Eww.. Dirt).

Personally I haven't had so much fun in STO since I first started playing it and I have these people to thank for that.

So thanks BSC for pimping my ride!
    Um... I messed that bit up didn't I.... /slopes off to find a Bat'Leth to dive onto.

:p
    edited April 2010
    Always glad to hear from happy fleet members Lunchton! Even if they are dirty Klingons from the Blood Sworn Coalition :D

As to everyone who hasn't joined us yet... why not? :)
    edited April 2010
    Cobwebs on the Thread
    ... but the Fleet is as active as it ever was. Watch our recruitment video, read our thread (yer already here), and then head over to our forums to sign up for enlistment.

With regular PvE, PvP and other STO zaniness where else would you go?! :D
    edited April 2010
    Recruitment Promotion!
    Due to a late filled requisition order with Starfleet, the British Starfleet Corps are in possession of a small excess of Type-8 Shuttlecraft.

The next four applicants to the BSC quoting code ZR-Theta-Niner in their application post (on the BSC Forums) will be supplied with a Shuttlecraft Redemption Code. This offer will expire on the 23rd April (because the codes do!)

If you were looking for yet another reason to join the BSC, this is it!
    edited April 2010
    *ahem* Last day to apply and get your free shuttlecraft! (because the codes expire!) Quote ZR-Theta-Niner in your application post!

Of course, you can apply to the BSC at any time :D
    edited April 2010
    Alas, the limited offer is closed. But of course, we are still accepting applications!
    edited April 2010
    BSC Event Nights
    Every Tuesday and Friday is event night at the BSC - alternating between PvP and PvE events each week. Using our custom phpRaider install, our members can sign up for each event in advance to ensure smooth running and minimal "faffing".

Plus, with our Ventrilo server those tricky Special Taskforces or PvP instance matches are a breeze!

edited April 2010
    Infected and The Cure
    Our wonderful members are now making a push on getting all the eligible BSC members through these two STF's so they are ready for Khitomer Accord (apart from runs on our regular event nights!)

You want STO Endgame? It's right here for you now in the BSC.
    edited June 2010
    Most of our members have managed to get through Infected, Cure and Khitomer Accord. We're even pushing through the Terradome at the moment! So why don't you come on over to the forums and join our little gang! :) Our door is always open!

Also, recently appointed new leader of the fleet is Kharn3655! Congratulations to him! Also thanks goes to Adr and Daevian for all their effort on getting the fleet going back in the early days!

Good luck to Kharn3655 to continue making our fleet go from strength to strength!

So if you want a fleet that is active, has a laugh, has fun and allows you to play at your own pace then come and join us! :D
    edited June 2010
    Friendly Bump :p
    edited June 2010
    The BSC continues the fight against the Borg and the Undine - another friendly bump. :)
    edited July 2010
    Once again, another bump
    edited July 2010
    And again.
    edited July 2010
    Fleet Logo Competition!
    Yes, join us now and you will get the opportunity to help design the Fleet Emblem (new feature in Season 2). All members will get access to our Tribble-server Fleet, where everyone (for a limited period) will have access to the emblem designer!

More detail on the BSC Forums once you post your application, here
    edited August 2010
    Last Day - Fleet Logo Competition!
    If you join us today, you can still compete! We've granted everyone on Holodeck access to change the Fleet Logo for the last big push on the competition.

The quality of the entries are high, and the winner will be immortalised with their logo emblazoned on BSC ships and shirts everywhere!
    edited August 2010
    Not any longer! The Glorious BSC Logo shall be named by the end of the week!

Cower in fear at our mighty in game branding!

Quake in terror as our immortalised ships pick off stragglers and battle-weary foes!

Flee in... um... dread! As the awesome coloured-in-ness of our fleet sweeps past to secure yet another sector.

Or... join us, and be a part of it.

On Vent, by Font, in Space.
    edited August 2010
    Yes, well... I'm hopeful for a win on my own design... but I'm no holding my breath - there was some good entries all round!
    edited August 2010
    Last Day of Voting
    Our fleet logo competition has come down to the battle of two giants (click here if you are a BSC Member) - Petrarch's Starfleet Eagle andTurjan's Starfleet Gryphon Rampant.

Voting ends at 1400hrs UTC so join the BSC and vote now! I'll announce the winner later today!
    edited August 2010
    A Winner is Turjan
    The votes were tallied, and the winner found - Turjan of the BSC will now see his designed logo flying and worn proudly by British Starfleet Corps members everywhere!

Fancy wearing such a fancy insignia? Then sign up today!
    edited August 2010
    New Recruitment Policies
    In keeping with our relatively open recruitment policy, we now have a small questionnaire for new applicants to fill in. As ever, the details are available on our recruitment forum

Don't worry - it's not rocket science! (we leave that to the Corps of Engineers!)
    edited August 2010
    your logo looks very scandinavian
    edited August 2010
    T-child wrote: »
    your logo looks very scandinavian

We'll take that as a compliment :D
    edited August 2010
    Still Accepting New Members
    Yes we are! And now with the Challenge PvP system, we are hosting private Fleet matches to familiarise and refine our PvP Strategies (mine, so far, is die under focus fire! :D )

Head over to our forums and fill out our short application form today!