test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

British Starfleet Corps (BSC Community)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We're experiencing nice steady growth, with a great community feel - I actually feel sorry for all of you that haven't joined us yet.

Of course, only you can fix that! Sign up on our forums today!

It makes sense.
    edited February 2010
    Hey

I have been playing STO since open beta, really chuffed with the game but I was thinking about joining a fleet but I might not be able to dedicate the neccessary time to it. Im from Warrington and would like to join a UK based fleet. Do you think there would be room for a casual gamer such as myself?

Cheers
    edited February 2010
    Hey

I have been playing STO since open beta, really chuffed with the game but I was thinking about joining a fleet but I might not be able to dedicate the neccessary time to it. Im from Warrington and would like to join a UK based fleet. Do you think there would be room for a casual gamer such as myself?

Cheers
    edited February 2010
    Multiple personality disorder? Or just so good you had to say it twice? I kid, forum bugs can be annoying!

And absolutely we can squeeze you in to one of the premiere groups within Starfleet. Just head over to http://www.bsc-portal.com/ and make your formal application and an officer will get you onboard ingame ASAP (remember to post for character name and community name, like mine is Zaphod@Zap-Robo )
    edited February 2010
    Thanks

Yeah must be tribbles in the system lol

Not to sure about my community name will check tonight when I get on then ill post on BSC. Will there be any mass get together for BSC members on STO to get to know each other?

Cheers
    edited February 2010
    Well, we're closely knit on Ventrilo and on /fleet but if someone wanted to organise a "meet and greet" event, I'm sure we'd be accomodating towards it. Otherwise, just joining one of our other fleet events would give you a chance to mingle!
    edited February 2010
    Well, we have our second fleet event planned for Friday 12th February 2010 at 1900GMT, there's still time to apply if you want in and give some of the fleet actions ago :) Come and have a look at our site: BSC

Anyone can join, we have two divisions in our fleet each with their own leaders one is for US, so US players can join in with fleet actions more appropriate to your time zone and one for EU again with its own leaders where they do events in GMT. So there is a spot for everyone in BSC its not just a British exclusive club! :) We all have fun together!

Just because there are two different divisions does not mean we don't talk to each other, in fact its the opposite we all have a laugh and a joke! The divisions are just there to allow anyone to join in with fleet actions without having being restricted to time zones :D If you lived in the EU and prefer the US event time then you can join that event, and if you like the GMT event and live in US then you can join in with the GMT event too! There is no restrictions!

So if you are interested in joining in with some fun, then come by the site! We look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
    Mizuian
    edited February 2010
    As a note for anyone who is interested in speaking to BSC Members before joining our ranks - we do have a public channel unimaginatively named "BSC" which you can join and chat with us on.

Come say hi! (I'll update this with some instructions later, if one of my deputies doesn't beat me to the punch!)
    edited February 2010
    Sorry Zap, thought I'd do it while I'm here :D

To join our channel to chat to us about anything do the following:

1. On the tab where you want the channel to appear right click it (i.e. right click "Chat")
    2. A menu will pop up with details about the feeds that are connected to that tab, from there click on "Channels"
    3. Click on the join/create box and type in BSC
    4. Finally click "join" and you will be joined to the channel and can start chatting right away :)

Thats it sorted! Hope that helped! See you in game!

Regards,
    Mizuian
    edited February 2010
    Zap-Robo wrote: »
    As a note for anyone who is interested in speaking to BSC Members before joining our ranks - we do have a public channel unimaginatively named "BSC" which you can join and chat with us on.

Come say hi! (I'll update this with some instructions later, if one of my deputies doesn't beat me to the punch!)

*cough*Putthatintheoriginalpostalready*cough*
    edited February 2010
    Just because you didn't make it prominent enough in the post, isn't cause to infect me with your germs! :D

By the way, tonight's the night for epic Fleet Event-age! Watch out in a PvP instance or Fleet Action near you! (I'll be the one hiding behind a Cover Shield!)
    edited February 2010
    For all you number-hounds out there, we're fast approaching the member-cap for a Fleet in STO. We have over 200 members and still accepting applications!

It's a good time to Go British (even if you're not!)
    edited February 2010
    I hate when I'm talking to myself, but the latest news from the BSC is that we now have a Klingon branch for when you want a break from your Federation lackey!

Of course, it's not called the British Starfleet Corps - keep an eye out for the Blood Sworn Coalition fighting for the honour of the Empire!
    edited February 2010
    You love talking to yourself Zap, you keep telling me it's the only way you get a decent conversation! ;)

Yes, the Blood Sworn Coalition is now up and running. We're also busy discussing what to do when we hit the member cap, as it's looming large right now... Why there is a cap I'm not entirely sure!
    edited February 2010
    *ahem* We would like to advise all our members that the technical difficulties our site is encountering have been reported to the Admirality and will hopefully be resolved soon.

In the interim, feel free to chat here :) And we're not dead - we're just resting!
    edited February 2010
    I blame Adr, I'm sure he forgot to pay the hobnob bill cause he was trying to hog them all to himself!
    edited February 2010
    i has cookies
    edited February 2010
    i has now eaten said cookies and no one else had any :)
    edited February 2010
    You sound like... a tribble! :eek:
    edited February 2010
    hey guy's,
    I see your sites still down and was wondering if you've reached your fleet member cap yet?

I made an app just before the site went down.

Amenette@spidersbane
    edited February 2010
    Hi there.

Would make a formal application, but your site seems to have exceeded it's bandwith; I'll definitely have to monitor it as I'm definitly interested :)

Main name is the same as my forum name, so if you see me online, feel free to grab me ;)
    edited February 2010
    If you are interested in joining us then come and have a chat in BSCInterest :) And have a chat to us! The channel has changed so we can focus on talking to you :) Join in the same way as BSC.
    edited February 2010
    Okay people! I'm glad to inform you that BSC-Portal.com is now back in service! And on to Fleet News....

BSC Reaches Fleet Cap
    We have indeed reached the fleet cap (250 characters) though there has been a temporary reprieve from this as all our alts are being moved to the new British Starfleet Copycats fleet, so there's still room for you all!

The Trouble with Tribbles
    Our esteemed Vice Admiral has now completed his Tribble breeding program and can produce the triple-buff Tribbles in exchange for the requisite piece of food! The rest of us breeders are still working on our stock :) Plus, our forum now has added Tribble smilies - they seem to be on every post!

Regular Fleet Event Schedule Posted
    Our EU Events have now got a regular schedule in place, and our US Events should be following with similar. See us up and down the universe, both PvE and PVPing at 1900hrs GMT on select days (details for members in our forums).

So, that's the latest from us. So why haven't you joined the BSC?
    edited February 2010
    More news from the BSC....

Fleet Bank Tabs Available
    We now have a full set of fleet bank tabs - giving us maximum storage space for the Fleet. Many thanks for all the generous donations (now we can work on the tabs for the alt and Klingon Fleets!)
    edited February 2010
    Hi. I saw this thread and thought i'd look into it a bit as i'm currently VERY bored with the fleet i'm in at the moment (i'm one of the few that is fairly active). I'm 28, from Warrington in the UK. I used to play SWG (I Rp'd a little and was a PvP pilot/gunner/ops on Starsider server) untill about 6 months ago and still have an active EvE online account.

You sound like a cool bunch. Think you'd be able to offer a home to a Sci/Sci?
    edited February 2010
    Absolutely - hit up our recruitment forums at http://www.bsc-portal.com/ and one of my friendly recruitment officers will give you a warm welcome!
    edited February 2010
    Well, no real news right now... so how about some fleet rank statistics?

Total Lieutenants: 28
    Total Lieutenant Commanders: 85
    Total Commanders: 53
    Total Captains: 29
    Total Rear Admirals: 51

We're ready and geared up for Special Task Forces - with more coming through to the Rear Admiral rank every day :D And as you can see - plenty of fleetmates at every level!
    edited March 2010
    Fleet Cap Reached... Or Not!
    Well, I was going to post this week that unfortunately we have reached the member cap of 250 members in the British Starfleet Corps, and we were going to have to look at other solutions (our alts were already in a seperate Fleet - we are at 250 individual members!).

Luckily, the developers have seen how much fun we in the BSC are having and how much more fun it would be with double the number of members and so raised the cap to 500!

That's right - we have room for you, and your friends. So head on down to our official forums @ http://www.bsc-portal.com/ to sign up or join us ingame in the custom BSCInterest chat channel to talk to us!
    edited March 2010
    Recruitment Video
    Yes, we are no going a little audio-visual over at the BSC with our first recruitment video created by Recruitment Captain Eion@Mizuian

Click here to watch

And once you're done watching, you'll want to head over the http://www.bsc-portal.com/ to sign up for all the fun!
    edited March 2010
    Hello!

Just so Zap doesn't feel like he's all on his lonesome over here, I thought I'd pop in again and let everyone know what we're up to recently.

STF Infected
    We've been successful a number of times with this STF, groups of Admirals getting together and beating the content despite the difficulty. It's definitely brought a spark of team play and fun to events, and we're looking forward to more of the same from Cryptic as they release more STFs!

Tribbles
    We now have the ability to breed you any kind of tribble you could care to name, as long as you can supply the delicious food they require!

Blood Sworn Coalition
    Our Klingon side has been picking up in interest lately as more people are trying out the Klingon possibilities. As we all chat in the same chat channel, even when you're off murdering innocent Federation carebears you can still chat away happily with the rest of the BSC players.

Climbing for fun and... more fun...
    It may get nerfed at some point, but many of our members have discovered the joys of reaching heights even the Devs never thought possible... Have a look at one of our more impressive feats by clicking here!