test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Sub: Can't create a borg character.

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Garamis wrote: »
    Where the heck is the "C Store" at?

Its under the arrow button near your mini map
    edited January 2010
    they disabled it so that people who didnt do a life sub can still play....

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1761082#post1761082
    edited January 2010
    Indeed. It is disapointing considering they knew exactly how many orders of borg they needed with the main course of head start.

I expected a bumpy, laggy start - but not having something like the exclusive character ready is, imo, quite amateur. These systems should have been tested prior to head start. This is NOT beta anymore. So yes, I will complain now.
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    You need to activate Liberated Borg on your account. To do this, make a character and log into the game, go into the C-Store, click the "Unlocks" Tab, and select the liberated Borg.

This has been posted 4 times (by my count) in various threads all over the forum.

To get the C-Store in game click the little arrow next to the map and select C-Store from he drop down menu
    edited January 2010
    Rekkx wrote: »
    Indeed. It is disapointing considering they knew exactly how many orders of borg they needed with the main course of head start.

I expected a bumpy, laggy start - but not having something like the exclusive character ready is, imo, quite amateur. These systems should have been tested prior to head start. This is NOT beta anymore. So yes, I will complain now.

Absolutely!
    edited January 2010
    Wol377 wrote: »
    they took it away from the C-Store. We'll have to wait untill they fix it.

What a dissapointing launch for the lifers.

I'm a lifer and I don't really care about the Liberated Borg. That's no excuse for the fact that Cryptic sort of messed it up. Just saying it's not a priority for everyone. *shrugs*
    edited January 2010
    Garamis wrote: »
    Where the heck is the "C Store" at?

Access from in game when they fix it.

BTW - Can I have a free BORG tribble to help ease the loss of BORG at headstart? LOL
    edited January 2010
    Nothing in the C-store it's still an empty window This is just beyond poor :mad:
    edited January 2010
    Heh, we already paid lifetime, what can we do now? Get angry and quit? Not like they mind.

Still though, rather unfair that there's people who can progress the borg captain as their main and the rest of us can only play on alts and wait for the chance to get to ...reroll and start yet again. Even more behind our friends we are trying to headstart with..

Yea im bitter, but i still like you devs..sometimes.
    edited January 2010
    So, I pre-ordered from D2D to be able to play a Joined Trill, a race I really like. I wanted it to my my main, and probably only character. I looked forward to the headstart, as I could start playing a bit early with my husband, whom I am currently overseas from. Now I find out that I can't have my special character.

Soooo I guess I make a throwaway to gather items for my future character, then delete her later? Great.
    I am pretty disappointed right now. We were going to get lifetime subs too, but now I'm not so sure. :/

(I know, whine whine, but I know I'm not alone on this)
    edited January 2010
    I would really appreciate an eta.

I think they are waiting for the server load to drop off. About 11.30 (GMT) people will start heading off to bed. I'll try again then I guess.
    edited January 2010
    ZeroK0ol wrote: »
    they disabled it so that people who didnt do a life sub can still play....

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1761082#post1761082

Are they trying to make everything about the process completely TRIBBLE-backwards?

The Lifetime perks for CO that were character creation options didn't need a visit to the C-store to unlock. Why did the STO team need to make more work for everyone (including wasting their own processor cycles and bandwidth) like this?
    edited January 2010
    Kemica wrote:
    So, I pre-ordered from D2D to be able to play a Joined Trill, a race I really like. I wanted it to my my main, and probably only character. I looked forward to the headstart, as I could start playing a bit early with my husband, whom I am currently overseas from. Now I find out that I can't have my special character.

Soooo I guess I make a throwaway to gather items for my future character, then delete her later? Great.
    I am pretty disappointed right now. We were going to get lifetime subs too, but now I'm not so sure. :/

(I know, whine whine, but I know I'm not alone on this)

THe pre orders always said from the get go that they woulndt go active until after the official launch day with the official product keys.

The borg char is different, it was advertised as playable from the head start.
    edited January 2010
    Darius01 wrote: »
    It's not in the store for me... Strange

Check the DEV posts secton. There is a thread under Technicla support that explains it, basically all the lifetime claimers were bogging down the system and they shut off the ability to claim borg.
    edited January 2010
    Dang it, I'm sitting here waiting for them to enable the borg since that's the char I want to play. The day is being wasted.
    edited January 2010
    Indeed, us losers who already paid for lifetime subscription are getting in the way of their head start with our outrageous intention of claiming our offered reward.
    edited January 2010
    So why couldn't they tie it directly to our accounts?

I mean..would have been more effective to let us create it from the Character screen,instead of making a junk toon, logging in, going to the C-Store and so on.

Just saying
    edited January 2010
    I agree with many posts, why are we waiting to play our borgs when we were willing to stump up £170+ for a lifer membership only to run into a brick walll. So many posts about whingers not going to part with a dime to pay to play when there are those willing and wanting to be part of something GREATTTT! and we get shafted, 2 days ive been waiting to get back on after the Beta went down.

Whilst i expected problems with the launch as all MMOs always do, i was at least hoping to experince them with my choosen toon. My account shows lifetime subscripton so why do i have to wait for c-store to be fixed?

The least we should have to do was input a code sent to us to our email addressess. I was down the pub wishing i was here at launch and making my exuses to leave. I think i should have stayed down the pub a little longer :mad:
    edited January 2010
    Someone post a picture of theirs either during creation or ingame thanks :D
    edited January 2010
    I must be missing this, but I dot see anyone from Cryptic saying this is delayed or stuck or anything. The only meeasge I am finding in this section says to go to the C-Store. I see my other Del Taco shuttle pet (which I assume I can access after Monday) but not the borg thing. Which section would you find that information under?
    edited January 2010
    In-game admins are announcing that they're working on the issue.
    edited January 2010
    http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9156/uss.jpg

I found something constructive to do...
    edited January 2010
    We are really sorry that you cannot access the borg character from the c store. We have all hands on deck and are in a red alert state until this is fixed.

We will post in-game announcements and a forum post once this has been resolved.
    edited January 2010
    Another concern from me is that hte character creation screen tells me that I don't have my extra 2 slots available as a lifetime subscriber - any comments on that for us?
    edited January 2010
    @admin: so we create a custom char till then and change when its available? (keeping lvl, skills etc) ?
    or how is it supposed to continue? ^^
    edited January 2010
    david26th wrote: »
    Another concern from me is that hte character creation screen tells me that I don't have my extra 2 slots available as a lifetime subscriber - any comments on that for us?

It's likely tied to claiming the liberated borg in the C-store. Once you claim your liberated borg race, you will probably get your extra 2 slots.
    edited January 2010
    We are really sorry that you cannot access the borg character from the c store. We have all hands on deck and are in a red alert state until this is fixed.

We will post in-game announcements and a forum post once this has been resolved.

Thank you for your time. Hope it gets resolved soon.
    edited January 2010
    Drusam wrote:
    @admin: so we create a custom char till then and change when its available? (keeping lvl, skills etc) ?
    or how is it supposed to continue? ^^

As it is currently understood, claiming the llberated borg from the C-store will allow you to make a NEW CHARACTER. Nothing will be transferred over.
    edited January 2010
    Mine says I have 4 slots total... Lifer as well... Whoopsie
    edited January 2010

You had the servers down for three days, why didn't you reserve 1 liberated borg for every lifer?

I thought you guys just dropped the ball with CO and having a big license would be better, it didn't help with the debacle the End Of Beta was, but now we cannot even have our bonus for giving you $240 before we even see the final product!

Way to inspire confidence in the people willing to give you gobs of money without even knowing 100% what we are getting. This bone-headed move has me really wanting to get a refund on my lifetime sub and just see how the free month goes, this is really disappointing Cryptic.

Did you guys learn nothing with the CO launch debacle about changing things after they were promised? :confused::confused::confused: