Install Arc
Options

Fourth Fleet - Starbase 24

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Gearing up for tomorrow.

http://www.trekradio.net will be attempting 24hrs straight of live dj's to cover the anniversary and whatever's ahppening, wherever it's happening.

Quack has a little something up his sleeve as well. We'll see what tomorrow brings...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So Quack pulled off his own little trivia contest, handing out what passes for cash in the STO Federation theses days. I'll let him post about that.

Aside from that, we did some teaming in the evening... ran a Foundry mission (meh), and ran Infected. Good team by Quack, Dixon Hunt, Turrick, Archer, and myself! Took a l****le while to get to her, but we finished her off in record time when we got to the final chamber!

Also saw some others online... Robertson and Veovis, too!

Nice work Fourth Fleet!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm thinking I need to work on my Tactical Fed (Cmd 2) tonight... or my Klink (Capt.2).

Anyone with me?

Look for me at or around 10PM Eastern / 7PM Pacific
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Another Cure run last night.... Quack or someone can fill in the details. Seems I heard them say they got through the second gate on the first shot. I instantly hate you all!

I think it was Quack, Mettan, Archer, Turrick, and I am not sure who the 5th was. Quack, help me out here.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Congrats to Turrick for his promotion to Crewman 1st Class, which is the final rank in the recruitment stage. Gratz, Turrick! You are always online and teaming... very active! We appreciate you!

Waiting to hear what Quackers thought of the weekly episode. I thought it was decent. A new gameplay mechanic. It was VERY Star Trek, so I can appreciate that angle.

So after I claimed by my free Type-8 shuttle, I saw that I could buy the runabout for like 30k+ creds... then investigated the Delta Flyer and had the Cryptic... errr... Atari Points for it... so I went from having no shuttles to having all 3 available shuttles in like 60 seconds. Very clever, STO, well played. You got me.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Tone-Loc wrote: »
    Another Cure run last night.... Quack or someone can fill in the details. Seems I heard them say they got through the second gate on the first shot. I instantly hate you all!

I think it was Quack, Mettan, Archer, Turrick, and I am not sure who the 5th was. Quack, help me out here.

No. Its good to be back!

From what ive heard Twas Hunt. He filled the role quite well. took names and the such
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Great Run last night. Mettan, Hick, most importantly :D Quack, and Hunt , if i recall correctly whipped the vaults tush. Then we proceeded to level a few fleet members lowbies into CMDR 5 status and BEYOND!!.

We also had a lovely little interfleet pvp. Was slightly imbalanced with Quack, Archer, and Turrick holding down red team, and Hick and Mettan Fighting bravely for the blue.

After many kabooms and a few RUN AWAYY RUN AWAAAAAYYYY!!! The red team managed to break blue teams strut and steal the win. it should be said that the violence has caused severe repercussions across the galaxy. Vice Admiral Obi Wan has ordered the Fourth Fleet to Hang up thier coats.

Fortunately for us this is star trek so he was instantly beamed onto a passing cube and was never heard from again.

The moral of this story is Bump

Anyone interested in our Crazyness, Sanity, Love, and Warmth. Please contact me, Comrade Hick, or Pretty much anyone with a The Fourth Fleet above their names. they will get you to the right people. On behalf of the Five Minus One Fleet Kieth Stone youre so smooth.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm impressed with myself. I was able to keep up with all that until the Keith Stone part! lol

:D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Tone-Loc wrote: »
    I'm impressed with myself. I was able to keep up with all that until the Keith Stone part! lol

:D

Darn i have to be even crazier now :(

That being said was great runnign the cure earleir with you chaps and just finished infected with alchilion again!! its been a while since we gamed with him but his presence was greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Please check your crazy in at the TeamSpeak channel... preferably when no one is there. lol
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Great Run guys kicked Khitomers Pudding like chicken. or something like that
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, it was quite a run, seems we finally have a workable strategy for the opening space battle. May have to run it again just to see if we can repeat with equal or better results.

Thanks to Don Quack, Mettan, and Turrick of Fourth Fleet and MacLeod in his beast of a Galaxy-X from Zion Fleet for helping me get my first KA done. Now I have all the Borg ship items and a shiny new Borg Science BOff! yay!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    bigduckie wrote:
    Great Run guys kicked Khitomers Pudding like chicken. or something like that

Jealous as I still have to do it.

If you or anyone in the 4th ever needs a fifth player for an STF run and I'm around ... give me a shout as I enjoyed my previous runs with you guys.

:::: snaps quick salute before going tribble hunting ....
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ugh i feel sick all over again meh...
    i hat e this state.

last week it was 5 this week its 80. next week -2

MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!!! that being said great cure run last night guys was fun with the chaps from Armada :)

Ill be sure to drop you a pm Moons
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Cure run when I wake up. Black Ops when I sleep. I totally forgot where I was going with this. but yea about to run the cure.

scratch that infected team needed a fifth for infected. helping out.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Infected team helped. Ty To Donald for the last second save when we lost one at jumping part.

GZ to AgentWalker who hails from Task Force 77 , Colin who hails from Starfleet Elite Force and Winter who hails from Starfleet Hazard Ops.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    - TO ALL MEMBERS OF FOURTH FLEET -

Roster changes for this week...

http://forums.veteransofwar.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2037

We give a big SALUTE to Commander Chas as he stands down as Fleet Executive Officer, in order to switch his primary game to Battlestar Galactica Online. Good luck fighting those toasters, Chas! Chas has been assigned the new rank of Master Chief Petty Officer so he can still enjoy gaming with the Fleet when he finds the time or gets the itch for it. Thanks, sir!

This leaves us short one Fleet XO. When evaluating what I needed in an XO, I was looking for someone who seemed ever-present, always contributing, and going above and beyond his station for the betterment of the Fleet. Log into Team Speak at practically any time of the day and you'll probably find a certain feathered foul rustling up a fleet STF, or even a PUG (Gasp!), or in-game chatting up unsuspecting fleet-less wanderers, or just creating disturbing characters to generally freak people the hell out.

So please congratulate Don Quack as he is promoted to the rank of Commander, and is the fleet's newest Executive Officer.

Just keep doin' what you're doin', Quack. It's appreciated by all!

Last but not least, this week we offer congratulations to Turrick for transitioning officially from the recruitment ranks, via his promotion to Petty Officer 3rd Class. Turrick is always around and teaming, and running STF's and generally just being a good dude on Team Speak. Glad to have you around, bud, and hope to see you around for a long time to come!

Thanks to everyone for great participation we've seen in recent weeks! Extremely positive signs that the fleet is continuing growing stronger!

THAT IS ALL

- EOM -
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    *Sniffle* *quack* is all I can say. Im having trouble finding words. Sorta like Meg Ryan in city of Angels with Nicholas cage.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well earned, sir. Well earned.

Now where's my after action report for the team you ran tonight that I couldn't get into cause it was full?! lol
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Quack, Mettan, MacLeod, Archer, and Turrick. Destroyed TRIBBLE and Pillaged all that we saw whilst in the B'Tran nebula. Oops. I meant We explored. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    first page
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys. I don't know if i will be online as i am having problems keeping the game from crashing.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ouch, Donald. New pc problems? Sorry to hear that, man!

Good luck getting it up and running consistently again. We'll be here.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Congrats On another successful and ezpz run of Infected! This time with Firstline, Macleod, Turrick, Quack, and Donald!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Can we NOT kick the Cures behind? Mettan Turrick MacLeod and Quack teamed up with 29thCentury. and ran through the Cure in record time!

Whose record? Bjorks Record http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000VFGS0A/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=5174&s=music

GNite Kitties. The duck will play with you later
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ugh, bjork. But otherwise proud of the Cure run. Can't believe you guys pulled that off after I went to bed last night.

No if we could just get Dix through KA, it would be a better galaxy!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just an FYI to anyone out there, Fourth Fleet is indeed recruiting.

We are extremely casual, hang out and commiserate on TeamSpeak constantly, and we are constantly running teams for missions, episodes, and STF's.

The 4th Fleet itself grew into a larger mutli-gaming organization we dubbed the Veterans of War. And we support multiple games (Battlestar Galactica Online, Rift, upcoming SWTOR, and casually play FPS games like CoD: Black Ops, BFBC2 and BFBC2 Vietnam).

Multi-gmaing not required. But a lot of us do play at least one or two other games.

Drop us a line if you are interested!

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Great job n the cure guys. Kill Mame Destroy. When they are all dead and there is nothing left to kill.........Then explore. I need to Finish kittoomer OOOhhhhhh NNNNooooooo
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I need an updated avatar..
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That you do! You are woefully out of uniform! lol