test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NEED head start code plz

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've been skimming this thread on and off for a while. I see nothing other than a witch hunt of disabled people on this thread. Some of you are completely clueless as to the difference between SSI/SSDI and welfare. They are not the same by any remote means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_%28financial_aid%29#United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Security_Disability_Insurance

If you can't tell the difference, then please shut the @#$^ up. You people should be ashamed. This repsonse to this topic has gone far beyond whether this person is "worthy" of a headstart code, it has gone into bashing disabled people because they cannot work. Consider if any of your family members were suddenly stricken by an ailment, accident, disease, cancer, ALS, or many other reasons people become not able to work. Would you openly crucify them too if they asked for help?

You people make me sick, I am glad I can solo the game without having to rely upon a bunch of heartless ****** like I have seen in this thread.
    edited January 2010
    LCARSLINUX wrote: »
    I could also teach you some programming, then you can get some good, basic level programming jobs

I would like that :) I have done some game developing in the past (LegendRPG, which failed, no animators) and have been making 3D models for various games, mostly for RCT3 tho :p As we both know, its not easy getting into game design as experience and/or degrees are needed. Im currently looking into online schools in hopes that I can further my education. All of this has been very frustrating for me, I never asked to be rear-ended by a drunk goin 45mph while I was at a full stop. I feel jaded BADLY. I do try to overcome these issues but at times its not easy and drives me nuts!! I miss being who I once was, a person who was self supportive and ambitious..Now all I can do (or find myself doing) is to feel 'sorry' for myself as I blame myself (and the guy who hit me..) for what has happened. There is no 'handbook' of life and how to live it, mistakes will happen. If all was that easy then it wouldnt be 'life' but rather just another 'episode' in the holodeck. Perhaps I need to place myself around other who are disabled and have overcome these disabilities.. I never give up but at times it feels like I have no choice in the matter :)

I do thank you guys for 'understanding' this situation.. Again, I apologize for crossing any lines that may have offended the masses, again there is no handbook on how to deal with this! lol
    edited January 2010
    Phelissa wrote: »
    I do thank you guys for 'understanding' this situation.. Again, I apologize for crossing any lines that may have offended the masses, again there is no handbook on how to deal with this! lol

I think it goes both ways.

The best thing you can be given from someone is the knowledge on how to help yourself rather than direct help.

Again I hope you manage to sort your issues out and I strongly suggest seeking some form of counceling if you are not already doing so. They can be quite helpful and it doesn't make you any less of a person as the trend would have you believe.
    edited January 2010
    i got my preorder at gamespot , do they call me when they get it ?

didnt know headstart started all ready ,
    edited January 2010
    Umm, well, yes I am :/ Sorry Im broke and on SSI, things like this are a luxury for me :/

lol, If someone does I would be very surprised
    edited January 2010
    I would like that :) I have done some game developing in the past (LegendRPG, which failed, no animators) and have been making 3D models for various games, mostly for RCT3 tho :p As we both know, its not easy getting into game design as experience and/or degrees are needed. Im currently looking into online schools in hopes that I can further my education. All of this has been very frustrating for me, I never asked to be rear-ended by a drunk goin 45mph while I was at a full stop. I feel jaded BADLY. I do try to overcome these issues but at times its not easy and drives me nuts!! I miss being who I once was, a person who was self supportive and ambitious..Now all I can do (or find myself doing) is to feel 'sorry' for myself as I blame myself (and the guy who hit me..) for what has happened. There is no 'handbook' of life and how to live it, mistakes will happen. If all was that easy then it wouldnt be 'life' but rather just another 'episode' in the holodeck. Perhaps I need to place myself around other who are disabled and have overcome these disabilities.. I never give up but at times it feels like I have no choice in the matter :)

I have sent you a PM
    edited January 2010
    Social Security Disability Insurance
    My roommate is SSI and he makes more then me, and I could get enough freaking month to buy game for month on my low budget, quit with begging ********, your just trying con someone, its not their fault you decide rent or buy over and buy expensive food and stuff instead of buying game. My roommate makes $850 or so in SSI,while I make around over $600
    edited January 2010
    I have sent you a PM

oh gawd, mail system is down now :p lol
    edited January 2010
    oh gawd, mail system is down now :p lol

PM on this site, up top right hand side
    edited January 2010
    PM on this site, up top right hand side

yep, its working now, PM sent back to ya :)
    edited January 2010
    No.

IB4L
    /10char
    edited January 2010
    LCARS, if you bothered reading the posts you would see that I myself have an illness that is debilitating at times but still found the money to buy the game without begging, I know I am owed nothing just because I have an illness, and it sounds like the OP needs a hard look at reality and the needs of having a video game.

Are you disabled from it? Have you spent years trying to get on disability for it? If not your ouchie isn't a free pass for you to attack ppl that ask for something. I know everyone reacts differently to differant situations but really....
    People like you are why disability and Welfare in the United States is broken.

wth is that? how does someone asking for a video game = being treated like a dog and humiliated?
    edited January 2010
    Yo like what store did you have at age 7 through 15 making 250K a weekend. Hell if that works I'll front the money to fire couple of those up 4 stores 4 weekends = Retired with 1 million living on interest. I can do that.
    edited January 2010
    Yo like what store did you have at age 7 through 15 making 250K a weekend. Hell if that works I'll front the money to fire couple of those up 4 stores 4 weekends = Retired with 1 million living on interest. I can do that.

what?
    how is that related?
    edited January 2010
    Furlough wrote:
    Are you disabled from it? Have you spent years trying to get on disability for it? If not your ouchie isn't a free pass for you to attack ppl that ask for something. I know everyone reacts differently to differant situations but really....

wth is that? how does someone asking for a video game = being treated like a dog and humiliated?
    I agree, if i had the money, he would have the game by now

and a lifetime sub
    edited January 2010
    I can't afford a brand new Jag at the moment, any one feel like buying one for me?
    edited January 2010
    I goted a card with beta/ headstart at gamestop
    only costeded 5$
    edited January 2010
    Yep, trying to make it work hence this thread, which will be deleted shortly btw.. Iwil leventually get the game, might be a month or 2 but nonetheless.. Im just very anxious to join in the fun!! Im a huge trek fan and been waiting for a game like this forever! Im happy you have found ways to enjoy life being disabled, not that easy for everyone :/

You'll also be banned for the racist remark you made on the other page.
    edited January 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »
    You'll also be banned for the racist remark you made on the other page.

What racist comment?
    edited January 2010
    can i have Bugatti veyron pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee ?
    edited January 2010
    I got an idea, STOP BEING JERKS
    edited January 2010
    I got you the money... but.. after reading this forum i gave the 50 euro to Ha
    edited January 2010
    Giving to Haiti is all well and good, but must you make fun of him?
    edited January 2010
    got to say cyber begging = sad pathetic not to mention annoying and wrong. your begging for monny for a GAME because your poor,.. well there are people in the world begging for water. if u can play a pv game u can get a job its that simple not all jobs require huge ammounts of manual labor. your making your country look even worse than it allreaddy is. if u want something in life YOU have to earn it. if u cant afford it save up or get annouther job

and before you whine that you cant you can allways take part in online survays there are quite a fiew that do pay you and not give that token and gift rubbish so u have no excuses so quit whining
    edited January 2010
    I'm not making fun of anyone..

I just noticed someone who seems to not be able to work but is able ti post alot on these forums.
    I think that if he is well enough to post stuff here he can better work at some site or forum and do that for money.

I run my own website and i have a full-time job..

With my website alone i make enough to get the lifetime sub.

Also my full-time job is in IT so i can work at home whenever i want.

Don't see any neck problem keeping me from work.
    edited January 2010
    Capt_Para wrote:
    I'm not making fun of anyone..

I just noticed someone who seems to not be able to work but is able ti post alot on these forums.
    I think that if he is well enough to post stuff here he can better work at some site or forum and do that for money.

I run my own website and i have a full-time job..

With my website alone i make enough to get the lifetime sub.

Also my full-time job is in IT so i can work at home whenever i want.

Don't see any neck problem keeping me from work.
    Exactly, because you dont have a neck problem
    edited January 2010
    I think if i realy had one i don't go post in forums and play games.. it would hurt..

And if i can play games i should be able to work too.
    edited January 2010
    There is a big difference between the two
    edited January 2010
    The difference is with games you get more tension (in battles etc) so you will destroy your neck more..

Still not seeing the point.

I used to work in a rehabilitation center.. most clients there still had some work they could do and they loved it too.
    edited January 2010
    What a Crash Test Dummy