test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NEED head start code plz

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Ten Forward
Im broke, on SSI, economy has left me broke.. I would love a HS code if any have spare around! Thank you so much

Phelissa
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There are no head start codes without buying the game. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Headstart code also comes with the 30 days of time and is linked to the account. So you are basically asking people to buy the game for you
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Headstart code also comes with the 30 days of time and is linked to the account. So you are basically asking people to buy the game for you

Umm, well, yes I am :/ Sorry Im broke and on SSI, things like this are a luxury for me :/
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just curious, what is SSI?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    darkAthena wrote: »
    Just curious, what is SSI?

Social Security Disability Insurance
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Phelissa wrote: »
    Social Security Disability Insurance

Cryptic should come out with a program like the big Pharma companies...

"If you can't afford your STO, please call us to see if we can help you pay for it"

I hope for the best for you, you're in a tough spot! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Its the game that comes with the time, not headstart.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    taget has the headstart/beta keys for $1 (not sure if its the HS or if they are still selling them)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Umm, well, yes I am :/ Sorry Im broke and on SSI, things like this are a luxury for me :/

Then save money to afford things like the rest of the world. People like you disgust me, not only are you getting support from the government you ask someone to buy the game for you? People like you are why disability and Welfare in the United States is broken.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Then save money to afford things like the rest of the world. People like you disgust me, not only are you getting support from the government you ask someone to buy the game for you? People like you are why disability and Welfare in the United States is broken.

[edit] if it wasnt for the ILLEGAL ALIEN who was in this country and who hit me I'd be fine. Ive worked since I was 7 years old and have paid taxes since I was 15..(from my OWN business that I started..) And its not people like me who ruin the system, [edit]

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well dueche bag, if it wasnt for the ILLEGAL ALIEN who was in this country and who hit me I'd be fine. Ive worked since I was 7 years old and have paid taxes since I was 15.. Andit not people like me who ruin the system, its all these illegals that are ruining the system. Carry on dueche bag..

So you would be fine if someone preordered a copy of the game for you? Want the government to pay for your lifetime subscription too? Please go QQ somewhere else about your poor state of affairs and either save the money to get the game or shut up.

I love the fact your post has need in caps, you absolutely NEED to have this code to play a game you haven't bought for free because your poor, get over yourself.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So you would be fine if someone preordered a copy of the game for you? Want the government to pay for your lifetime subscription too? Please go QQ somewhere else about your poor state of affairs and either save the money to get the game or shut up.

I love the fact your post has need in caps, you absolutely NEED to have this code to play a game you haven't bought for free because your poor, get over yourself.

lol@you. You'd be surprised, some do try to help their fellow citizen, [edit]. I have every right to SSI as I have paid into the system for nearly 20+ years. or is that wrong also? When did I mention I need a life sub? I can eventually pay for my own sub but need a little help atm. [edit]

Funny tho, you play a game thats based on a time period where humanity has come together and strives for higher purposes but yet if it were up to you, you would stop x system cause thats the way YOU want it to be.. I to think I have issues :/

PS - I only asked because I know that I have done the same for others in the past. Kindness goes a long way, [edit]

PS#2 - If you dont like the system, write your Congress rep, I have. [edit]

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
  • Options
    edited January 2010

good job attacking the disabled of america on a gaming forum. Must be super great for you to be better that other ppl
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol@you. You'd be surprised, some do try to help their fellow citizen, [edit]. I have every right to SSI as I have paid into the system for nearly 20+ years. or is that wrong also? When did I mention I need a life sub? I can eventually pay for my own sub but need a little help atm. [edit]

Funny tho, you play a game thats based on a time period where humanity has come together and strives for higher purposes but yet if it were up to you, you would stop x system cause thats the way YOU want it to be.. I to think I have issues :/

PS - I only asked because I know that I have done the same for others in the past. Kindness goes a long way, [edit]

PS#2 - If you dont like the system, write your Congress rep, I have. [edit]

So you cannot work, but you can sit at a computer to play a video game? Hmm, about how many jobs have you sitting in front of a computer? Helping a fellow citizen is buying a homeless guy dinner, not buying a video game for some jackass collecting disability while sitting in front of a computer wanting to play a video game for free.

You bought someone you didn't know a video game that was collecting money from the government while sitting in front of a computer? If you are broke then you don't NEED a video game, you need to get a job and not QQ on a forum for someone to buy you a video game.

And Furlough, I have an illness myself that limits mobility but I don't go cyberbegging for something I don't need to have nor expect someone to shell out money so I can play a video game.

If he was homeless and asking for a place to stay maybe, but someone on DISABILITY begging for a video game absolutely disgusts me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So you cannot work, but you can sit at a computer to play a video game? Hmm, about how many jobs have you sitting in front of a computer? Helping a fellow citizen is buying a homeless guy dinner, not buying a video game for some jackass collecting disability while sitting in front of a computer wanting to play a video game for free.

You bought someone you didn't know a video game that was collecting money from the government while sitting in front of a computer? If you are broke then you don't NEED a video game, you need to get a job and not QQ on a forum for someone to buy you a video game.

No, I cannot work but yes I do play games here and there, usually only 1 at a time. Im not homelessand can buy my own foods, TY. I have helped many, not by buying 'games' for them but thru other means, like cloths, food, cash, etc.. If you knew anything about the system you would realize how [edit] it is atm and ho they are cutting/lowering benefiets. Again, I paid into the system and have rights to my SSI regardless of what you think. If I could work again w/o being hosptilized I would. Im currently studying from home in hopes to have a new career as I had to change my previous after the accident. You are either 1) a young kid who does not understand the in/outs of politics 2) [edit] 3) have no 'spiritual views and dont believe in helping others.

Take note, there are people who like to help others, not much so these days as USA has become greedy and sell each other out for profit. Lemme guess, you play a Frengi ingame??

edit: how am I begging? I asked once, never bumped the thread etc..

• Options
    edited January 2010
    k hears one 555-555-555-555-555 good luck mate :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

People who make assumptions about someone w/o even knowing them or their particular situation disgust me....now go back under your troll bridge and eat some billy goats....

Phel...you can go to a gamestop and if you have $5 they give you a key....the $5 is the pre-order and it goes toward the retail price on release. If you do not have the $5 maybe they will have an excess and be kind enough to give you a key anyways.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No, I cannot work but yes I do play games here and there, usually only 1 at a time. Im not homelessand can buy my own foods, TY. I have helped many, not by buying 'games' for them but thru other means, like cloths, food, cash, etc.. If you knew anything about the system you would realize how F'd it is atm and ho they are cutting/lowering benefiets. Again, I paid into the system and have rights to my SSI regardless of what you think. If I could work again w/o being hosptilized I would. Im currently studying from home in hopes to have a new career as I had to change my previous after the accident. You are either 1) a young kid who does not understand the in/outs of politics 2) some fat @ss that sits at home playing games all day, but then puts down other for doing the same. 3) have no 'spiritual views and dont believe in helping others.

Take note, there are people who like to help others, not much so these days as USA has become greedy and sell each other out for profit. Lemme guess, you play a Frengi ingame??

Like I said, I have an illness as well, it causes extreme pain everyday and limits mobility. But I pay for my own stuff, I don't want nor expect random people to fund my video game playing. If I was on disability and couldn't work I would be spending every second on trying to find a job that I could do, not begging to play a video game.

Helping others does not include paying for a videogame for someone who collects money from the government instead of working.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Like I said, I have an illness as well, it causes extreme pain everyday and limits mobility. But I pay for my own stuff, I don't want nor expect random people to fund my video game playing. If I was on disability and couldn't work I would be spending every second on trying to find a job that I could do, not begging to play a video game.

Helping others does not include paying for a videogame for someone who collects money from the government instead of working.

Well, I VERY MUCH DO want to work but have been ordered by the docs not to do such. I trust their judgement. Again, I have been looking for others way to pull in an income but its hard esp when the employeer ask what is wrong and when they find out im disabled, I get overlooked. Not my fault the system is F'd in so many ways :/

Im glad you are abl to move forward even tho you have a similiar disability. Wish I could, I miss work :( Again, I love to work and thats why I started doing such at the age of 7! Started my own business that grew to 2 stores at age 15, but hey, im a loser right and just want to leech? What were you doing at age 7 or 15? Did you have a biz that could make 250k in one weekend? gratz if you did.

thank you all for the '$5' advice, I will check it out as I didnt know such offer was available!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    . If I was on disability and couldn't work I would be spending every second on trying to find a job that I could do.

You fail at understanding what disability even is. On full disabiltiy guess what that means....wait on it.....wait on it.....Means you cant work, not that you have a little boo boo you qq about.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, I VERY MUCH DO want to work but have been ordered by the docs not to do such. I trust their judgement. Again, I have been looking for others way to pull in an income but its hard esp when the employeer ask what is wrong and when they find out im disabled, I get overlooked. Not my fault the system is F'd in so many ways :/

Im glad you are abl to move forward even tho you have a similiar disability. Wish I could, I miss work :( Again, I love to work and thats why I started doing such at the age of 7! Started my own business that grew to 2 stores at age 15, but hey, im a loser right and just want to leech? What were you doing at age 7 or 15? Did you have a biz that could make 250k in one weekend? gratz if you did.

thank you all for the '$5' advice, I will check it out as I didnt know such offer was available!

The system may be as broken as hell but that doesn't explain why you NEED a code, that is what caught my attention. You weren't even asking for one, you were stating you NEED to have one. I get angry at people who ask for handouts, and that is what it seemed you were doing. I just think the priorities are a bit off, you state you are broke and cannot work but NEED a video game, that what screams abuse of the system

And Furlough, if you can sit in front of a computer and play a video game you can sit in front of a computer and get paid for it, there is no difference except one is for pleasure and one is for survival.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    guys, its cool.. no need to start bashing each other over this...Ill have the thread deleted so it dont upset the masses! lol I hope to see yall ingame one day and soon at that! Live long and prosper :)

PS - PM sent to have the thread removed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry mate but I am also on a disability pay check.

I worked fulltime since I was 15 and had to stop working at 33,since then I have had to give up alot but I also know what I enjoy so I spend my cash wisely.

I have bought this game as well as a lifetime sub and felt no need to ask for anything from anyone to get it.

I am married have the house etc.

Sorry mate but I think if you want to play the game badly enough you will make it work.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sinhealer wrote:
    Sorry mate but I am also on a disability pay check.

I worked fulltime since I was 15 and had to stop working at 33,since then I have had to give up alot but I also know what I enjoy so I spend my cash wisely.

I have bought this game as well as a lifetime sub and felt no need to ask for anything from anyone to get it.

I am married have the house etc.

Sorry mate but I think if you want to play the game badly enough you will make it work.

Yep, trying to make it work hence this thread, which will be deleted shortly btw.. Iwil leventually get the game, might be a month or 2 but nonetheless.. Im just very anxious to join in the fun!! Im a huge trek fan and been waiting for a game like this forever! Im happy you have found ways to enjoy life being disabled, not that easy for everyone :/
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I agree mate not every disability is the same and maybe I have more options open to me than you do.

I would say though that if you have been looking forward to this game for so long then a couple of dollars here and there would have you playing now.

I to have to budget as I still have a family to look out for but 45 euro's and the lifetime sub of 200 euros is something that I will play for a long time and if you look at the bigger picture that money would only buy 5 games and that would only do a player maybe 4 months at most.

Is all about budgeting when you are on a budget :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sinhealer wrote:
    I agree mate not every disability is the same and maybe I have more options open to me than you do.

I would say though that if you have been looking forward to this game for so long then a couple of dollars here and there would have you playing now.

I to have to budget as I still have a family to look out for but 45 euro's and the lifetime sub of 200 euros is something that I will play for a long time and if you look at the bigger picture that money would only buy 5 games and that would only do a player maybe 4 months at most.

Is all about budgeting when you are on a budget :)

yep, I will be savingup for it now.. I didnt jump on the bandwagon untill a few months ago and wasnt sure if I be buying it. My desicion to buy had become known to me just a few days ago (well, still debating, see my other QQ thread :/)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey Phel. I promise this isn't a bash. I did have to walk away and count to ten before I posted. I feel you about being disabled and the problems associated with that status. While I am not disabled, I do have people in my life who are. The most noticeable is my grandfather who, despite having lost one of his legs, still works.

I understand their are some disabilities that prevent one from working. And people in this class I am willing to help. But i still find asking for a game kinda out there.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Trilane wrote: »
    Hey Phel. I promise this isn't a bash. I did have to walk away and count to ten before I posted. I feel you about being disabled and the problems associated with that status. While I am not disabled, I do have people in my life who are. The most noticeable is my grandfather who, despite having lost one of his legs, still works.

I understand their are some disabilities that prevent one from working. And people in this class I am willing to help. But i still find asking for a game kinda out there.

I have a neck injury, one wrong move and im paralized :( I only ask for help here cause Im a huge trek fan and feel 'left out' atm :/ I promise you, I dont usually 'beg' or ask for help from anyone but this is different to me :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ouch. And I bet SSI isn't much help with all the leaches on the system now a days.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I do not think this thread should go into different disabilities as it could go well of track.

There are many many disabilities that prevent them from working or indeed even getting a job(lets not go there either).

At the end of the day if you enjoy something so much then you have to budget for it and not look for others to help you out,times are bad for everyone at the moment and most are just trying to get by.
    Save your cash and buy the game when you can.