What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

== Imperial Romulan Fleet (IRF) ==

Comments

• Options
    michalwismichalwis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How active will IRF be on Romulan side?, i will be looking for fleet that flies mostly as Romulans.
  • Options
    dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Jolan'tru my brothers. Joyous day indeed.

Jolan'tru my friend yes it is a Joyous day indeed.
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    michalwis wrote: »
    How active will IRF be on Romulan side?, i will be looking for fleet that flies mostly as Romulans.

Pretty active tbh, weve been very active in our own website/forums for years now it was just a waiting game for the actual faction ingame to happen. Were very organized overall with godless numbers of stfs under our belts, plus we get the occasional rp in when we can.

TBH our starbase is just finishing tier 3 on all projects now due to a low want/desire to log federation characters on, but with the handful of us that have been active getting it that far you can only imagine how dedicated we will be at full strength....

look for us on the web, we can invite to vent and you can check us out before making any decision of course....

Remember we have 2 things in abundance...warbirds and ale...if you appreciate both than you will feel right at home.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    edited March 2013
    The time is coming soon for us to March Beneth the Raptors Wings.
    to all Romulan in Heart players of STO time has come to join us in
    the only true Romulan Fleet for Glory to the Empire and Empress Donatra.

http://romulanstarempire.com/home
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • Options
    monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As a long-time Romulan (alien) I was encouraged a while back to find the IRF. I thought I'd give them a test-run to see if they were worth getting involved with. Now, as a relatively recent convert, I can wholeheartedly endorse them. What a great bunch of seasoned gamers who are fun to work with, knowlegeable, and helpful.

With the announcement of the Romulan Faction, the level of enthusiasm has increased exponentially and membership is growing. Anyone who is looking for a Romulan-centric fleet should absolutely take a look at the IRF...you'll be happy you did!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • Options
    morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Jolan'tru, I put in my app. Looking forward to finally playing as a Romulan after these last few years.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the positive feedback Monsh.

@Morkargh - Your application should be reviewed shortly. Please feel free to message me in game for an invite. My user name is: @.Spartan
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    altp87altp87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I do have a few questions for you guys.

Myself and 2 other very good players asked in your fleet channel if anyone wanted to join us for Infected Space Elite (ISE) when I believe your leader DeRhamme answered and asked if we had TS. We said no we just use team chat. He then just said I only play with people that use TeamSpeak. I must admit we were quite offended by that especially as the three of us can complete all elite missions with JUST us three.

Anyway back to the point we generally chatted to some of your friendlier members in your fleets channel and all of a sudden a few months ago it went dead. There was never anyone chatting in it and all your friendly members seemed absent. I presume you were all using TeamSpeak and ignoring the channel because I got no response even though there were a few members online.

My question is this: Will you be ignoring those that do not wish to use TeamSpeak either because they do not have a mic, prefer the anonymity which text provides (important to female gamers) or just simply do not like to use such programs?

Also are there any other requirements like signing up on a website and such before I join you guys. I like to RP and play the game but I also like to keep them very separate from my personal life. I'd love to join a romulan fleet, your fleet is well established and it looks smart but I can't help but feel a little jaded by my experience.
  • Options
    fvillhafvillha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Joluan Tru, lets form the Fellowship of the Ale. :) (burp)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    altp87 wrote: »
    I do have a few questions for you guys.

Myself and 2 other very good players asked in your fleet channel if anyone wanted to join us for Infected Space Elite (ISE) when I believe your leader DeRhamme answered and asked if we had TS. We said no we just use team chat. He then just said I only play with people that use TeamSpeak. I must admit we were quite offended by that especially as the three of us can complete all elite missions with JUST us three.

Anyway back to the point we generally chatted to some of your friendlier members in your fleets channel and all of a sudden a few months ago it went dead. There was never anyone chatting in it and all your friendly members seemed absent. I presume you were all using TeamSpeak and ignoring the channel because I got no response even though there were a few members online.

My question is this: Will you be ignoring those that do not wish to use TeamSpeak either because they do not have a mic, prefer the anonymity which text provides (important to female gamers) or just simply do not like to use such programs?

Also are there any other requirements like signing up on a website and such before I join you guys. I like to RP and play the game but I also like to keep them very separate from my personal life. I'd love to join a romulan fleet, your fleet is well established and it looks smart but I can't help but feel a little jaded by my experience.

Jolan'tru altp87 I'm sorry if I have offended you I did not mean to do that
    I just explained that I will not team up with people that are not on VENTRILO
    that is how I play all my online games, and I thought your group was ok with that.
    as for anonymity you do not need a mic to use VENT you can text and also
    hear what is going on on vent that's not to hard to do a lot of Fleets require
    TS or Vent to be in their Fleet.
    As for me being the Leader of the Fleet not true RD was the only leader at that
    time the job I have had was only Ambassador for the Fleet.
    That is really all I can say on this topic but If you are still looking
    for a Romulan Fleet that is casual you can take a look at the Imperial Romulan
    Task force it's Ael's Fleet you know her so I think you will have fun there
    she is a true Romulan at heart and if you like to RP I thank they do that as well.
    So good luck and happy hunting in STO.
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm kinda hoping the Romulan faction has experimented on working phase cloaks that work as a battle cloak :)

I might join when they come out although if we are gonna get same requirements on starbases as KDF has I might not bother with romulan faction.
  • Options
    llywelallywela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    @altp87:

D beat me to it, but I'll throw in a couple EC anyway, in case my experience here is any help. :)

Some do prefer voice chat, and many of our most active members use it a lot, but there are still plenty of us chatting the somewhat-old-fashioned way. Personally, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have spoken on TS/Vent in any game, ever. I usually only login for fleet events or STFs (the grand total of three I've run in almost two years :o ), and so far things have worked out.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for letting me know about it. Perhaps you could update the first post with what is required of joining the Imperial Romulan Fleet like being able to have Vent and stuff or that most players use Vent and not the chat channel. It will help stop things like this from happening in the future =)

I've been in 2 fleets now, neither have required TS, Vent or any signing up to websites but each has stated the rules or had them easily linked. Sorry for getting you mixed up with RD, could never remember whether it was DR or RD which is confusing if you can't see the roster =P

How's the Starbase coming along Fed Side btw, last I heard you were hitting T3?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    As for the first post in the thread we can not fix that I wish we could
    so we are hopping that Cryptic will open section in the
    Fleet Administrative Station soon and then we will start
    a new thread there but as for now you can go to our website.
    as for the Fleet Starbase yes it's T3 and we are working on T4
    and thw Embassy is T2.
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • Options
    edited March 2013

DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • Options
    aleoverseeraleoverseer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I shall oversee the distribution of ale through the Romulan Empire, and ensure there is enough for all. Please form a line and have your rationing vouchers with proper authorization codes ready.
  • Options
    aleoverseeraleoverseer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you ask nicely I'll double your rations for one day (party up).
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If you ask nicely I'll double your rations for one day (party up).

Please Sir...I want some more. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jolan'Tru. There's never been a better time to get involved with a true Romulan fleet. Get on board with the original Imperial Romulan Fleet...click my siggy to visit the IRF homepage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As long as vent and ts aren't a requirement I would love to join your romulan fleet come may 21 :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    As long as vent and ts aren't a requirement I would love to join your romulan fleet come may 21 :)

check our forums out, contact one of us ingame for more information :D

• Options
    rhurstsrrhurstsr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    llywela wrote: »
    @altp87:

D beat me to it, but I'll throw in a couple EC anyway, in case my experience here is any help. :)

Some do prefer voice chat, and many of our most active members use it a lot, but there are still plenty of us chatting the somewhat-old-fashioned way. Personally, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have spoken on TS/Vent in any game, ever. I usually only login for fleet events or STFs (the grand total of three I've run in almost two years :o ), and so far things have worked out.
    You can always join a fleet that hates Star Fleet and the KDF. 8^)
  • Options
    rihandhenorihandheno Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rhurstsr wrote: »
    You can always join a fleet that hates Star Fleet and the KDF. 8^)

We fit that description :P
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »

No its not buy you may have to blow up a few KDF birds-of-prey :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyw1Pr9wRPg
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jolan Tru fellow Romulans,

Looking for a community to join? Look no further than the Imperial Romulan Fleet. With over 3 years of activity in game and more before launch, we are one of the most dedicated and loyal communities to the romulan ideals.

The IRF is planning an event for April for all fleets to get involved/and are invited, a post will be made in the general forum in the next couple days about the event including prizes, times, and general purpose of the event. Stay Tuned.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    bunansa wrote: »
    Jolan Tru fellow Romulans,

Looking for a community to join? Look no further than the Imperial Romulan Fleet. With over 3 years of activity in game and more before launch, we are one of the most dedicated and loyal communities to the romulan ideals.

The IRF is planning an event for April for all fleets to get involved/and are invited, a post will be made in the general forum in the next couple days about the event including prizes, times, and general purpose of the event. Stay Tuned.

Were do I sign up?! :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ah Kewl, what about these rumours of Spartan the fleet founder being prevented from becoming the leader of his fleet again after having to leave due to problems in RL?

Also heard a lot of members were getting bullied at one point, what happened there?

Also heard a few days ago your entire fleet was going to walk out as they wanted a change in leadership but said leaders were not willing to listen to concerns. Care to explain that?

I've heard you asked members of your own fleet to join other fleets, to try to get into a command rank and essentially sabotage events, rosters and anything else they could. I believe some were the VKF, UFP, 12th Fleet and even house of beautiful orions!

I'd like to hear the IRFs side to this whole nest of lies, deceit and backstabbing because it has me seriously worried.

By the way I was a member of the ministry (R.I.P.) so I did see a lot of things in chat but quite frankly some of the things I had seen and heard make me really think people should know what they are getting into with your fleet if they are true especially with this Romulan faction coming out.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    These wings are made for marching... march with us in May!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • Options
    korthre666korthre666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Join the Imperial Romulan Fleet NOW! :Dhttp://www.romulanstarempire.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]