• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    bumping us to the top...
    edited February 2012
    bumping us to the top...
    edited February 2012
    Keeping the best fleet and faction at the top...
    edited February 2012
    *de-cloaks thread*
    Alextar wrote:
    Another day in at STO...oh when will they release a Romulan faction!!!!!:(

Conservatively, 2015. :p
    edited February 2012
    Indeed...I hope not, for I somewhere remember hearing Cryptic was amazing, and able to make a faction in three years, with 4 years being the industry standard...if it's 2015, that would be well below the standard...humm:confused:
    edited February 2012
    Alextar wrote:
    Indeed...I hope not, for I somewhere remember hearing Cryptic was amazing, and able to make a faction in three years, with 4 years being the industry standard...if it's 2015, that would be well below the standard...humm:confused:

Jolan Tru,

My friend, I think that although the Devs can't truly make a faction in 3 days; they can do it much quicker than the original two. They had to make ships, content (ok I digress, they didn't for the Klingons), uniforms, storylines, and a lot of frame work.

Now they already have ships, uniforms, and a basis for a story line. So, it should be less time in initiating a new faction...yet a little more content in storylines needed.
    edited February 2012
    Jolan Tru,

My friend, I think that although the Devs can't truly make a faction in 3 days; they can do it much quicker than the original two. They had to make ships, content (ok I digress, they didn't for the Klingons), uniforms, storylines, and a lot of frame work.

Now they already have ships, uniforms, and a basis for a story line. So, it should be less time in initiating a new faction...yet a little more content in storylines needed.

Agreed full heartedly.
    edited February 2012
    Jolan tru. I agree as well.

And as much as I may look down on Klinks, it's only fair that their content be finished first. Just don't take too long, Cryptic! :p
    edited February 2012
    Alextar wrote:
    Agreed full heartedly.

we can play romulannow if so please tell me a good fleet to join i wanna be romulan
    edited February 2012
    we can play romulannow if so please tell me a good fleet to join i wanna be romulan

This would be the fleet to join then. ;)

What times do you usually play?
    edited February 2012
    Jolan tru. I agree as well.

And as much as I may look down on Klinks, it's only fair that their content be finished first. Just don't take too long, Cryptic! :p

I hear what your saying, but I would respectfully disagree. STO is an open ended content game, where new content can always be, and is added. Since launch in Feb. 2010, the level cap for players has went up 10 ranks, with new missions, ships, costumes, etc, etc, put out for the expansion. This makes the level to completion for the Klingon faction even further, then when originally launched. This could continue to happen, again, and again, making the "finish" date further, and further, down the road.

No, I continue to argue that the best way to make "secondary" factions, which both the Klingons, Romulans, and down the line Cardassians, is to make a bare bones faction for each, and then slowly expand it when developers have the time. The majority of STO players will not play a faction until it becomes more fleshed out, or is at least the argument, but then again, that is speculation that people would want to play the Klingon faction, as the majority of people play on the Fed side, which Cryptic stated was like 80% of those logging into STO.

All to say, those in secondary factions who are hardcore fans will always want more content, as would everyone. However, die-hard fans for specific races are those who will take the time to make their own foundry missions if given the tools, play PvP, and do the grind to the top, with all of these points being advantages for Cryptic and Perfect World, in allowing even the Fed and Klingons more competition and excitement in the PvP matches, and foundry potential.

But I don't make the decisions for the Cryptic team, I just see the potential...;)
    edited February 2012
    evening bump...
    edited February 2012
    Bump the Bump and raise you a bump. :)
    edited February 2012
    Fvillha wrote: »
    Bump the Bump and raise you a bump. :)

nice, thanks Fvillha.
    edited February 2012
    Recruiting

There might not be a playable Romulan faction in STO...yet...but there has been a Romulan Community since STO launch back in Feb. 2010. If you would like to join Romulan enthusiasts, in discussion about Romulans, discuss Star Trek Romulan themed novels, and and everything Star Trek...this is the fleet for you!

Romulan Application Form (Click here)

See you in the fleet!

Solok
    edited February 2012
    fleet bump...
    edited February 2012
    Recruiting

There might not be a playable Romulan faction in STO...yet...but there has been a Romulan Community since STO launch back in Feb. 2010! If you would like to join Romulan enthusiasts, in discussion about everything and anything that makes a Romulan, discuss on Star Trek Romulan themed novels, and everything and anything Star Trek...this is the fleet for you!

See you in the fleet!

Solok
    edited February 2012
    Jolan Tru my Romulan Allies,

Our fair alliance has made it into gameplay online.

That is correct, after proving my abilities by infiltrating a Tal Shiar communications intelligence station (very nice set up in a planet that can't be scanned). I discovered some information and with luck will lead to a playable future for both of our peoples.

The intelligence reported that leaders of the True Way met with members of Sela's cabinet to discuss an alliance. The meeting took place in the bad lands. IF 1. This materializes AND 2. Cryptic found a plausable way to connect our distant cultures together.

We could see a Cardassian/Romulan/Reman/Jem Hadar/Breen faction.

Cross your fingers.
    edited February 2012
    Jolan Tru my Romulan Allies,

Our fair alliance has made it into gameplay online.

That is correct, after proving my abilities by infiltrating a Tal Shiar communications intelligence station (very nice set up in a planet that can't be scanned). I discovered some information and with luck will lead to a playable future for both of our peoples.

The intelligence reported that leaders of the True Way met with members of Sela's cabinet to discuss an alliance. The meeting took place in the bad lands. IF 1. This materializes AND 2. Cryptic found a plausable way to connect our distant cultures together.

We could see a Cardassian/Romulan/Reman/Jem Hadar/Breen faction.

Cross your fingers.

Sounds like Cryptic would be trying to expedite making both a Romulan and Cardassian faction, which is what they should do. They should have had Three factions at launch Fed, Klingon, and Romulans...adding the Cardassians next year.

I really hope this does not happen, although I know Cardassian fans, might like this, as it would probably be another 5 years before they see a faction...but no, I would really like to see the Romulans and Cardassians in their own separate factions.

P.S. Is not a full blooded Romulan, and only the misguided follow her...
    edited February 2012
    Alextar wrote:
    Sounds like Cryptic would be trying to expedite making both a Romulan and Cardassian faction, which is what they should do. They should have had Three factions at launch Fed, Klingon, and Romulans...adding the Cardassians next year.

I really hope this does not happen, although I know Cardassian fans, might like this, as it would probably be another 5 years before they see a faction...but no, I would really like to see the Romulans and Cardassians in their own separate factions.

P.S. Is not a full blooded Romulan, and only the misguided follow her...

Yes, I want the two factions to be separate. The spoonheads are my second favourite Trek race, and I would like to have a fully unique character for them.

I am a full blooded Romulan, and I still believe only a fool would follow Sela. It's why I am currently working with the Federation. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but Sela and her ilk are a large part of the reason our home was destroyed. KHOLHR!!!

:D
    edited February 2012
    Yes, I want the two factions to be separate. The spoonheads are my second favourite Trek race, and I would like to have a fully unique character for them.

I am a full blooded Romulan, and I still believe only a fool would follow Sela. It's why I am currently working with the Federation. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but Sela and her ilk are a large part of the reason our home was destroyed. KHOLHR!!!

:D

I personally don't think Cryptic is going to make a Cardassian fleet, they already gave Galors to both the UFP and KDF. We will become a playable character, but will be absorbed into one faction (either, UFP, KDF, or Romulans) I choose the lesser of the evils and those which are closer to my mindset.

And thank you for the affection COL.; We are one of the very very few with a spoon shape on our forehead. We take pride in that superior look. :D
    edited February 2012
    I personally don't think Cryptic is going to make a Cardassian fleet, they already gave Galors to both the UFP and KDF. We will become a playable character, but will be absorbed into one faction (either, UFP, KDF, or Romulans) I choose the lesser of the evils and those which are closer to my mindset.

And thank you for the affection COL.; We are one of the very very few with a spoon shape on our forehead. We take pride in that superior look. :D

I think they will...but down the line. I think they want to make the Dominion first, probably...
    edited February 2012
    evening bump...
    edited February 2012
    Jolan tru, Alextar. How goes it?
    edited February 2012
    Jolan tru, Alextar. How goes it?

It goes well, and yourself?
    edited February 2012
    Recruiting

There might not be a playable Romulan faction in STO...yet...but there has been a Romulan Community since STO launch back in Feb. 2010! If you would like to join Romulan enthusiasts, in discussion about everything and anything that makes a Romulan, discuss on Star Trek Romulan themed novels, and everything and anything Star Trek...this is the fleet for you!

See you in the fleet!

Solok