test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Won't load

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Everytime I click the Game Launcher from the Desktop or Start Menu Programs.. I just get a crash and nothing else.

Reboots, updates, etc. I've done them all.

Game simply won't load.

RAM: 4GB
GFX: Asus 8800GTX
CPU: AMD x2 4200+ (don't start CPU wars cause this cpu has left many quads behind).
HD: 5+ TB.

Ideas welcome!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Update on this.. set compatibility as Windows XP.. no crash.. but game still doesn't load. Just an idle process using ~30mb of RAM and 40-50% CPU.

error.log in home directory says:
    100113 19:34:33 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: OLE failed to initialize: 80010106
    100113 19:34:33 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down from fatal error "OLE failed to initialize: 80010106"
    100113 19:35:00 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: OLE failed to initialize: 80010106
    100113 19:35:00 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down from fatal error "OLE failed to initialize: 80010106"
    100113 19:35:54 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: OLE failed to initialize: 80010106
    100113 19:35:54 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down from fatal error "OLE failed to initialize: 80010106"
    100113 19:52:08 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: OLE failed to initialize: 80010106
    100113 19:52:08 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down from fatal error "OLE failed to initialize: 80010106"
    100113 19:53:41 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: OLE failed to initialize: 80010106
    100113 19:53:41 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down from fatal error "OLE failed to initialize: 80010106"

Whatever this is.. it seems it needs a fix. ^^
    edited January 2010
    Please post the error ID number.
    edited January 2010
    Ahh, OLE failures. These come from another program on your system hooking into our application startup and disrupting it (initializing OLE/COM before we do and doing it wrong). A known offender is the Nvidia Application Firewall (comes with the chipset drivers, not the GFX stuffs), but it could be almost anything. You need to find and disable/uninstall the offending program >_<
    edited January 2010
    I would say that the error ID is before the timestamp.. no?

If so: 100113

This is the complete output from errors.log.
    edited January 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    Ahh, OLE failures. These come from another program on your system hooking into our application startup and disrupting it (initializing OLE/COM before we do and doing it wrong). A known offender is the Nvidia Application Firewall (comes with the chipset drivers, not the GFX stuffs), but it could be almost anything. You need to find and disable/uninstall the offending program >_<

Ok.. MSconfig time.. BRB. :)

I will leave active:
    APC monitor
    Razer HID
    edited January 2010
    Ok.. no luck.

I have nothing else to disable.. except APC and Razer Softwares.

Not crashing.. but not loading as well.

100113 20:12:17 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: OLE failed to initialize: 80010106
    100113 20:12:17 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down from fatal error "OLE failed to initialize: 80010106"

These were the last errors.

Current timestamp is: 20:25:xx

EDIT: Well.. I'll give a try tomorrow.. now I think I'm going back to bofhing with sendmail...
    EDIT #2:
    Saw this in another post:
    coderanger wrote:
    Try minimizing and maximizing the program via Task Manager, this usually force the window to be visible. OOC, do you have more than one monitor?

I do.. but I have nothing on the system taskbar. Therefore.. it's like STO is in background mode.. and not in a way I can interact with.. except through task manager...
    edited January 2010
    Same issue here, same OLE error. The ID is 4544685.
    edited January 2010
    Same problem here. Only nVidia software running is graphics related. Error Ticket ID 4548575

Different error number listed by OLE though
    100117 15:57:33 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: OLE failed to initialize: 1
    100117 15:57:33 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down from fatal error "OLE failed to initialize: 1"
    edited January 2010
    I install game and then Launcher it after its done. Launcher does a patch. and then gives me a engage button. I hit it. Screen goes Black for about 1 to 2 seconds then drops to a window with black in it and nothing eles. so i go to task manager and it says ( Not Responding ). so i click on game at bottom and it givea a Cmd screen and a Error ( Unable to find required game data files . if this problem persist reinstalling app may fix it.

CmD screen shows

Perloading DDLs..Done (0.01)
    Filesystem Startup...gamedatadirs:
    m.

And that as far as i can get. so here whats im running to help fig this out
    edited January 2010
    evozcom wrote: »
    I install game and then Launcher it after its done. Launcher does a patch. and then gives me a engage button. I hit it. Screen goes Black for about 1 to 2 seconds then drops to a window with black in it and nothing eles. so i go to task manager and it says ( Not Responding ). so i click on game at bottom and it givea a Cmd screen and a Error ( Unable to find required game data files . if this problem persist reinstalling app may fix it.

CmD screen shows

Perloading DDLs..Done (0.01)
    Filesystem Startup...gamedatadirs:
    m.

And that as far as i can get. so here whats im running to help fig this out

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me as well! Same message.
    edited January 2010
    Im having same problem, ive seen 1 person say that a OS reinstall fixes it, but im still getting up the nerve to reinstall my OS.
    edited January 2010
    Quis wrote:
    Im having same problem, ive seen 1 person say that a OS reinstall fixes it, but im still getting up the nerve to reinstall my OS.

reinstall the OS? Are you serious? I have the same problem here. It worked fine till 8 pm last night (eastern time). The launcher now loads minimized to the toolbar, no way to interact with it whatsoever.
    edited January 2010
    i click on the client shortcut and it just comes up with a white window, doesn't do anything, never has. any help is greatly appreciated:confused:
    edited January 2010
    Error code 4544685
    edited January 2010
    Same problem for me, running win 7.
    edited January 2010
    ok guys i got a fix for the error codes............

im sorry to say ive done a re-instal of windows and started with a clean slate ( it took 2 hours ) but the game works fine now

what im trying to say is its quicker to reformat ur comp than to wait round here for an answer, cause no one knows what the problem is
    edited January 2010
    I had the same issue, but a reinstall of STO did not solve it. I found the following...

100120 03:37:41 1 MasterControlProgram[1]: OLE failed to initialize: 1
    100120 03:37:41 2 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down from fatal error "OLE failed to initialize: 1"

I tracked it down to the parental control software Net Nanny by Content Watch. Everything started working after I uninstalled the software. The launcher would still not run when the Net Nanny was only disabled. I even put the launcher in as an application exception to the parental contol, but still the launcher crashed each time. This is a problem since I need the parental controls for my kids.
    edited April 2012
    i cant launch it either, a window just pops up with chinese writitng on it, HELP!!!!!!!!!
  • timewarpiamantimewarpiaman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yep I'm having problems too, I downloaded the game from Steam since it's free to play and the game looked good. Got stuck flying the ship, the game cut out so I quit thinking it was my connection since my internet does that from time to time, now everytime I try and start the game I get this message "THIS GAME IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE" is there a patch incoming or is the game broken or have I done something wrong? That statement alone doesn't really help. AT ALL.
  • vkanyonvkanyon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Every time I try to log in at the bottom of the screen it tells me it's an invalid user name or password. I have already verified that my user name and password are correct and even changed my password to make sure.
  • rethnalarrethnalar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    121110 07:39:24 1 [1]: OLE failed to initialize: 80010106
    this error just pops up over and over
  • sobukusobuku Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My game won't work either. The launcher says that it needs updating but it doesn't load anything. Sometimes the Launcher lets me "Engage" and open the game however when I do that the game loads and the credits are shown on the screen and then it closes and I receive a message regarding a specific error:

Technical Details: Error dcomprssing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:
    Texture_Library/Environment/1_Sky_Kits/Cubemaps/Spacecuberisa_Cube.Wtex:

After receiving this message a few times a received a different message but kinda the same thing:

Technical Details: Error dcomprssing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:
    Txture_Library/Environment/1_Settlement_Kits/Klingon_Colony/Klingonl_Colony_Light_02_Ns.Wtex:

I tried downloading a new launcher but it was the same.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling the game also proved fruitless.

I don't know what I did wrong when I first installed the game but it would be great if I could receive some asistance.
  • panthro2panthro2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Finally got my system to work after 2 weeks. here is the weird thing I did.

1. After Downloading and re-installing the game.
    2. Move all your files from the old location (If the Files that worked were in another location.
    3. Patch and Verify files on Holoeck
    WAIT DON'T LOG-ON YET
    3. Patch and Verify files on Tribble
    4. Log-in to Tribble
    CHECK OUT THE AWESOME NEW LOG-IN SCREENS.
    5. Log-Out of Tribble
    6. Log-in to Holodeck
    7. And Your back in the Game.
  • walkinwwalkinw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi all,

I have just downloaded and patched the game and then when I hit engage and loadin screen comes up I get about three quaters of the through and then get this fatal error message: Fatal Error: error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue: Texture_Library/System/Engine/Black.Wtek
  • rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if anyone is still having this issue, but I just did and the resolve I came to without having to reinstall everything under the sun was to edit properties of the icon for Star Trek Online, click advanced, then check mark use different credentials. I used my administrator account, you may try another user if you have one to use on your system.
    After that, the game loaded up fine, ran fine. I just had to re-enter the code sent to your e-mail naming your computer if you have those security options set.

Hope this helps someone in need.

Ok, no need to use the administrators account, I just created a new user and used that and it worked just fine.