test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Subscription Sweepstakes Winners! (August 29, 2008)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Jessalyn wrote: »
    Congrats to those that won, I'm jealous. :)

This persons comment sums up my position.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Congrats to everyone who won.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Grats to the winners you lucky sunny beaches.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Congratz...I will be hunting you >.>
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Congradulations!!! Hope everyone than won enjoys those free subscriptions!!! And definately Kudos to Cryptic for giving them away. Definately a first that Ive ever seen from a company making an MMO.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well, um, I guess I'll take the high road and say congratz :rolleyes:,,,, oh heck who am I kidding, I have my phasers locked on your ships :p
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Congrats :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Gratz ... ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Maybe Cryptic will give a free lifetime subscription every xmas? or even a year, that be awesome
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Congratulations to those who won.
    I myself entered, and did not win.
    I have a questions/comment regarding the game pay to play situation, according to STO's own FAQ on the game posted here
    states, and I quote,
    Will a monthly fee be required to play?
    We haven't decided on pricing plans yet.

So if they have not decided on whether or not there will be a monthly fee, why would they give a lifetime membership away? Obviously this means they have decied it to be a pay to play game.

I am a bit surprised by this, as I was hoping that the developers would capatalise on some sponsorship from Paramount, or anyone with a vested interest in the continued success of the ST universe in general.

Though this may be the first game I am actually willing to spend money on to try it out, but a demo would be nice regardless, just so we can get a taste.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So if they have not decided on whether or not there will be a monthly fee, why would they give a lifetime membership away? Obviously this means they have decied it to be a pay to play game.

"Pricing Plans" sounded like pay to play to me, and I pretty much expected it. If anything, I usually consider my subscription to an MMO I enjoy like a $15, monthly salute to the developers and staff behind the game. So, yeah, I'm crushed I didn't win, but that money's going towards the company running the game, and those 5 people are still lucky, in my book. X)

As for demos, it seems like all the recent MMOs offer varying "Trial Memberships", ranging from 1-2 weeks. Since this is an excellent way to get new customers/players into the game, I'd be utterly shocked if they don't follow this recent tradition.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Gratz to he winners.. Now can we have a simular comp for us in Europe plz :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Malsonic wrote: »
    Am I the only one who remembers Jack saying that Cryptic always puts it's Forum users first.:mad: Seems to me they should have at least had a minimum post requirement to win. At least 10 or so, that way you know the winners are at least fans of the game and not just people looking for a hand out.

Cryptic really dropped the ball on this one. 1st time I lost a lil respect for my favorite game company. :(

1) I don't think this is even legal without making it a contest. It was a sweepstakes,which have different laws surrounding them.
    2) Sore loser.
    3) There are those of us who have normal lives, and simply lurk on the boards to see what the latest news is. Does this mean we shouldn't have a chance to win.
    4) A posting requirement would have artificially inflated the board with even more meaningless posts.
    5) Grats to the winners!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Gratz to the winners...even tho it wasnt me...:)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hugh wrote: »
    Gratz to he winners.. Now can we have a simular comp for us in Europe plz :)

Yes, please
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It's just a shame, that everyone In Europe, the U.K and anywhere else Didn't even get a chance....

If A new competition Opens up for the same prize and subscription and it's only available users NOT in the U.S or Canada, then that will make up for it...

Still an incredibly unfair competition....
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Congrats all :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I would like to be the first in line to pay for a lifetime subscription :p
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    BOOOO!!!! Just kidding grtaz to the big winners!:D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i personally am glad it was random, i hate it when they say it is and all the people who are on 24/7 win. I do wish my name was one of those 5 :).

Gratz to ya all, and yes you better be playing.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well, I at least hope there is an option for a lifetime subscription.
    If this game is anything like what I expect, I most surely will start saving up for it.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well I have learned that no matter what contests etc they know who they will pick. If 18000 entered and only 5 were chosen to me should of been 10-20 maybe to be picked and I agree should of been from people who at least had a valid ID on here.
    But who knows why only 5 got picked.....to me I am still waiting on a nice release date of a game that should be a very awesome game as long as they make sure that at least 90% of the bugs are taken care of before game comes out lol....
    I have beta tested too many games in past and then when game comes out there are so many bugs that it can drive you nuts.....
    But so far love the video trailer and being a Star Trek fan of the 60's yes making me in my 40's I believe this game is long over due......
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Congratz to the winners doesn't change much the fact that other people with a lot of money though could contact the devs and buy the life time subscription though.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Awww...sonofabit...er....I mean....congratz! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well congrats to those who won, but its also time for a official answer regarding the same contest for the rest of your fans outside of the us/can.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    In reply to the post above me, i noticed that when i went to apply for the sweepstakes that it was only open to US and canadian residents. I live in the UK and am looking forward to STO's relese now will there be a similar sweepstake i can enter for UK and ireland residents? thats all i want to know =].......................oh and congrats to the winners =]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Congratulations to the winners.

Now I have to pay to play :(

Sil
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Thank you, Thank you.. I appreciate.. wait.. I Didn't WIN? *sniffle*
    DAMN U!!! *Shutters* I never Win ANYTHING! :(

Well, Congrats to the Winners, may you live short and poor.

Everyone GET THEM IN PVP!!

lol.. *HUGS the Winners (with a knife)*
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Grats winners! Knew my odds were very slim with the popularity of this site and the title. Now go buy youself a powerball ticket or something and win that jackpot, then you know you're the luckiest person alive :P
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Congrats to the winners ... pity it was US only ... otherwise I might have been in with a chance ...