test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New content incoming ?

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,173 Arc User
Looks like we have new content incoming as my launcher pre patched today. For those not in the know of pre patching. When you close the game and the launcher re opens and starts to patch let it do it's thing as it is preparing game files in readiness for actual patching.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Cryptic seems to be living up to its name on this one. Probably get some kind of announcement Monday.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    Who knows besides them? Could be nothing....we've seen big patches where only a couple changes were mentioned in the patch notes

Maybe fixes...maybe something else, doesn't specifically mean it's new content
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I wonder if it has something to do with a possible new episode or maybe the gamma recruit event. However, if there were a recruit event incoming, they'd likely give us more of an advance notice. I for one would welcome a new episode. The most recent one, while not all that hard, had a very underwhelming reward (I mean, who even uses non-combat pets in space?)
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,450 Community Moderator
    I had honestly hoped we'd get a playable Type 14 shuttle... but considering how long it had been since the last small craft was released...

I still want the Type 14, Type 6, Type 11(?), Ent Shuttlepod, The TMP shuttle, and maybe a SNW Class F.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,765 Arc User
    edited September 2
    The shuttle I would really like to see in the game would be Matt Jefferies's shuttle from TOS. It was never seen in the show since the complex curved shape was too expensive for the studio to build and they were still in negotiation with AMT about them building it in exchange for exclusive marketing rights for the plastic model kit of it they wanted to make, when the studio could no longer keep the script that needed it on hold.

As an inexpensive emergency stopgap, they had the boxy "flying van" style S-3 shuttle made in a hurry for that episode which made the deal fall through for the better one that Jefferies designed (and yes, I know Paramount later retconned a new TNG-style designation for the S-3 class of shuttles, but I don't remember what it is offhand and don't have the time to look it up at the moment).
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,325 Arc User
    The TOS shuttle we did see on screen is the Type J IIRC, with the sharper nosed one from Discovery being the type D.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,450 Community Moderator
    spiritborn wrote: »
    The TOS shuttle we did see on screen is the Type J IIRC, with the sharper nosed one from Discovery being the type D.

Actually I believe its called the Class F shuttle, and the DSC one is the Class C.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    My best guess is that the reason for the pre-patch is the return of the Star Trek Day event (it is that time of year). Other possibilities include the Gamma Recruit event and maybe even a new episode (although it'd be a bit soon since Situation Under Control was revealed only a couple of months ago).
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,315 Arc User
    Never mind getting a new shuttle - we still don't even have access to the Yellowstone Runabout on Consoles!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    My best guess is that the reason for the pre-patch is the return of the Star Trek Day event (it is that time of year). Other possibilities include the Gamma Recruit event and maybe even a new episode (although it'd be a bit soon since Situation Under Control was revealed only a couple of months ago).

Eh... prepatching usually precedes a content drop or seasonal event. With the Recuit events... everything's already in the code so all they have to do is flip it on.
    Only time I can think that we could get a prepatch before a recruit event would be if we got a brand new one. But with the current four we can literally run one every quarter just fine.
    However, we did get a pre-patch, and we're going to find out later today exactly what that pre-patch entailed. However, all that was mentioned in the news were some bugfixes. So I'm a bit confused.
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,173 Arc User
    OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Maybe not then lol @baddmoonrizin close this thread palease :)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,745 Community Moderator
    By OP request /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.