test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Protostar bridge

ryan222322ryan222322 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
Would it be possible to add protostar bridge and able go around ship like voyager bridge etc.. I be willing pay for it just seeing if you guys would add it
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    I really doubt it'll ever happen, unless at some point they have a mission on the Protostar bridge and decks. Zen store bridges have never been big sellers.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,764 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »
    I really doubt it'll ever happen, unless at some point they have a mission on the Protostar bridge and decks. Zen store bridges have never been big sellers.

True, though a lot of that poor sales seems to have been because people were not sure what ships they could use them on, and the any bridge any ship thing would probably fix that to a fairly large degree if the devs made more bridges that people want and put them where they are accessible (for instance the Federation bridge I am really interested in is the TOS one, and that one is trapped in an insanely high priced large package only whales can afford).

If the TOS bridge set was available on its own at a price equivalent to a T5 ship, like the Voyager and Galaxy bridges in the cstore, I would have bought it by now since a number of my characters fly ships that are supposed to be holographically disguised TOS ships. If the Protostar bridge was available, I would consider it for the bridge after the TOS one since the large window is very similar to the very large wraparound viewscreen the TOS bridge was originally supposed to have until Jefferies had to redesign the bridge to something they could actually build a set for.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    Moved to General Discussion as this is not a bug.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,608 Arc User
    It's apparently as much work to make the bridge as creating the ship itself, but bridge sales have always been very low compared to ships so it hasn't made business sense to make them just to sell.

The ones we've gotten in the last few years are from story episodes using them.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    ryan222322 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to add protostar bridge and able go around ship like voyager bridge etc.. I be willing pay for it just seeing if you guys would add it

They've pretty much said they wont be adding new bridges unless they're in featured episodes so it's very unlikely unless they do some episodes based around Prodigy.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    edited August 14
    It's a good looking bridge. A bit too much cockpit-like and too little giving the impression of being a command centre maybe.

Then again, it's a rather small ship, so I guess it makes sense to some extent.

As much as I'd like to see new bridges, I don't think they should be wasting valuable resources on creating them though. Not even for storylines, there are plenty available for those already. It's just not worth it, seeing that no gameplay whatsoever (apart from perhaps that one scene of that one episode that it's created for) takes place there.
This discussion has been closed.