test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, apparently nimbus has an entire hidden night mode

cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
8yl3clmvt30v.png I happened to notice the sky went dark after i jumped on top of the rust tower behind the bar so kept trying for a better shot of this hidden nimbus trick...apparently it had a full on night cycle with even the towers in the back lit up, pretty cool.

Hey, even if it WAS hidden, this is some pretty nice work, Glad i got to appreciate it
The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    :thumbsup: nice find.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    I kinda wanna say that Nimbus did have a day/night cycle back in Lighting 1.0, alongside Risa and Bajor. But I know New Romulus didn't.

Unfortunately the day/night cycle was scrapped with Lighting 2.0.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,914 Arc User
    I don't remember Nimbus, but Bajor was pretty cool even if it fouled up my navigation
    sig.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,805 Arc User
    I am fairly sure Nimbus did have day/night cycling since I noticed the lights on sometimes and off other times (like the fires on Risa), though I started STO about the time lighting 2.0 came out and never saw Nimbus under the old lighting system.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    There's also an episode there that partly takes place during the night. Though IIRC, that is actually a separate map.
This discussion has been closed.