test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STAR TREK: UNLEASHED!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,340 Community Moderator
edited April 12 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The newest expansion into the Star Trek gaming world, Star Trek Unleashed is announced today!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11566183
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    britcanuck#5122 britcanuck Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    April Fool's joking aside, this is a good idea, just needs more characters from the shows & films. Narissa vs. Seven, Round Two, Fight! (quit getting in the way, Nerek).
    Also, the real reason we won't get the Unleashed 2D fighting game ... too expensive during the Cryptic/DECA merger to get the rights to use the fight music from 'Amok Time'. :)
  • Options
    April Fool's joking aside, this is a good idea, just needs more characters from the shows & films. Narissa vs. Seven, Round Two, Fight! (quit getting in the way, Nerek).
    Also, the real reason we won't get the Unleashed 2D fighting game ... too expensive during the Cryptic/DECA merger to get the rights to use the fight music from 'Amok Time'. :)

That music is literally already in-game.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    And it also only plays during a very small part of one of the worst missions in the game that people actively avoid if they can help it. Music that good really needs to pop up in more places.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    And it also only plays during a very small part of one of the worst missions in the game that people actively avoid if they can help it. Music that good really needs to pop up in more places.​​

And I agree with all of this. ☝🏻
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    Wish there was a feature to disable news items posted on April 1st.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited April 1
    Dont come on the news feed :) and ignore the entire sto site LOL.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,039 Community Moderator
    Honestly I'd be in just to hurt Madran where it matters, his wallet. B):D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    When i test new ship configurations, i always pick the patrol with madran and his worthless little trained minions in it.
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    "Over years of careful study, we’ve determined that everyone’s favorite parts of the Star Trek mythos are not the ships, the characters, or the drama, but the hand to hand combat!"
    So it took "years of study" to determine, incorrectly for me, that "eveyone's favorite part" of Star Trek is "hand to hand combat"?

Nope, sorry to inform you folks but I think you're wrong.
    I personally play SPACE games for the SPACE battles and SPACE exploration. If I wanted to play a very Mortal Kombat like type of game then I'd be playing that or C.O.D..
    It's very unlikely that I will be playing your new ground based Star Trek Mortal Kombat knockoff game. Good luck with it! :D
  • Options
    darbyelurdarbyelur Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    darpink wrote: »
    "Over years of careful study, we’ve determined that everyone’s favorite parts of the Star Trek mythos are not the ships, the characters, or the drama, but the hand to hand combat!"
    So it took "years of study" to determine, incorrectly for me, that "eveyone's favorite part" of Star Trek is "hand to hand combat"?

Nope, sorry to inform you folks but I think you're wrong.
    I personally play SPACE games for the SPACE battles and SPACE exploration. If I wanted to play a very Mortal Kombat like type of game then I'd be playing that or C.O.D..
    It's very unlikely that I will be playing your new ground based Star Trek Mortal Kombat knockoff game. Good luck with it! :D

Lol you fell for the April Fools joke!
  • Options
    lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Great April Fools joke! Gave me a good laugh! Thanks alot! :D
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    edited April 2
    And I agree with all of this. ☝🏻
    I'd disagree with Coliseum being labelled as 'one of the worst missions' but absolutely agree that we need to hear it in more places!

There's some other really great music in other parts of the game that need to be re-used in more places. We also seem to have lost some pieces over the years that don't show up anywhere nowadays.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Shrug I don't mind coliseum. now dust to dust....
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    nixie50 wrote: »
    Shrug I don't mind coliseum. now dust to dust....

Dust to Dust has been a problem since day 1 to complete and still is now. There are areas of Dust to Dust i cant complete without dying more than 4 times, cause i just cant do whats needed to beat the section at all.
  • Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Honestly I'd be in just to hurt Madran where it matters, his wallet. B):D

C'mon, game, lemme get my hands on that slimy scumbucket JUST ONCE! I mean, closest we get is in Partisans (I think) and even then you simply talk to him after defeating his entire menagerie (and a bar full of angry patrons--he dials the tryharding up to 11).

Also kinda want to beat the tar out of Sela after the 200,000-year-long shenanigans SHE pulls. She's responsible for the destruction of Hobus due to going back in time and attacking the Iconians when they're at their most vulnerable. Oh...and the fact she very nearly brainwashes my Romulan toons into being Tal Shiar against their will. You never get to give Sela a receipt for that.

This discussion has been closed.