test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Launcher Not Loading

Has Cryptic/Arc shut down? Every way I try to launch STO (direct, Arc launcher, proxy, force verify, etc), the Cryptic launcher loads to about 60% then just stops. It's so FUBAR now I only log in to do event dailies, but now I can't even log in.
I will check Discord to see if anything is going on, then re-post if anything is there.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    No announcements. Must just be me, or my account.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    Have you tried resetting your router. Doing a DNS flush. Not ideal I know but doing a fresh install might be beneficial for you. make sure you delete any residual files first before doing the new install.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Have you tried resetting your router. Doing a DNS flush. Not ideal I know but doing a fresh install might be beneficial for you. make sure you delete any residual files first before doing the new install.

Also going to ask @baddmoonrizin to move this thread to PC, NETWORK, AND OTHER TECHNICAL ISSUES for higher visibility.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited March 16
    I just tried the Arc launcher and it brought up STO without any problems, then I Engaged! and loaded a character. I also did the daily event 6 hours ago.

So unless this was a server hiccup that is now fixed, it looks like it's you.

Edit: worked for me again, Friday 3-15 at 6:20-6:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Post edited by davefenestrator on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    thread /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    ngozi13ngozi13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I haven't been able to log in for several days now. I did a fresh install of arc and now I only get the message Login has timed out. check your internet connection and try again. Well the internet is connecting fine to everything else.
  • Options
    khamael#4811 khamael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    yeah i am getting this too
  • Options
    lizharperlizharper Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Like wise here at my end of the keyboard. hell, even the offline is screwy. Seems like someone forgot to add a few lines of code and made an huge booboo.
  • Options
    razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 20
    Got this same problem aswell. Constant saying "Offline" could not connect to Arc Network. Please fix your arc launcher I'm begging you. This not problem on my end. I've had times where it boots up fine no problems and times it just keeps refusing to load/connect. Also I can connect to all my other games/online activities with no issues
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    Same here. Try to login, but I get the offline window with retry connection. If any of the Devs read this, please fix this? =/
  • Options
    joshpete555#5660 joshpete555 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm getting the same. No connection to Arc servers. I even tried to go to Steam and add to my library and nothing. It says there was an error and try again later. I was logged in earlier today.
  • Options
    idhasrkahnidhasrkahn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    is arc down for maintenance? i keep getting login timeouts, can log in on website. tried verifying files, dns flush, firewall exceptions, ect. everything was working fine last night...
  • Options
    oneoflightoneoflight Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    no connection to arc servers devs pls fix
  • Options
    Anyone still not able to connect?
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • Options
    joshpete555#5660 joshpete555 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Correction and update. I was able to install from Steam and log in from that.
  • Options
    I'm using normal STO Laucher/Arc Launcher I dont have any other means to boot up my game
  • Options
    Update: 20:19pm UK GMT I'm back Online via Arc Launcher/STO Launcher and back in game. If it dies again I'll let this post know. Thank You (My mental health is saved)